• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“For one that allows the future to guide their visions...you lack the means to see what is right ahead...”

Tobias drew a card, bringing his hand count to four, gazing down at his opponent’s field. Plucking a card from it and placing it on the field in the spell/trap zone he announced his next move.

“I play attack the moon, this allows rock type monsters to destroy spell and traps that fall in their path. All they need to do is switch position. Come forth! Flip summon Golem Sentry!”

Rising up from the sands, the golem sentry tumbled to life, slamming it’s spear into the ground.

Golem Sentry- 800 ATK 2000 DEF.

“Due to the attack the moon, future visions will be destroyed due to it’s arcane power! Golem sentry will combine it’s powers behind it, and will send the Apophis’s familiar to your hand whence it came!”

A sandstorm brewed, showering the enemy side of the field. Weather it’s effects would be brought forth unhindered were yet to be determined.

Dahlia frowned as the Future Visions faded, bringing the duelists back to the arena. With a screech, the Embodiment of Apophis was pushed back into it's card which was shot back into Dahlia's hand. The spell card Mage Power exploded, being destroyed as well. Dahlia's small smile changed to a slight frown, but otherwise she seemed unshaken.
"An interesting deck choice." Was all Dahlia had to say about that.

“Quite. But that was only half of my intended moves.” Tobias stated, playing a monster on the field. “I will set this monster, as well as flip Golem sentry into facedown defense position, the desert sands await their discovery...will you dare to find them?”

The sentry began to submerge into the sands, taking it’s place alongside his other face down monster. Tobias looked his opponent in the eyes carefully ending his turn whilst he took care of his opponent’s attacking monsters.

2 set monsters
2 face downs in the spell/trap zone. Attack the Moon.
2 cards in hand.

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

"It's my move, I draw, I normal summon my predaplant sarraceniant." A small green ant like creature with weed sprouting from its back appeared onto the field.
(Predaplant Sarraceniant 100atk/600def) "Next I'll activate the spell card that I got from my Chimerarafflesia last turn, polymerization! I'll now fuse my Sarraceniant and Predaplant Moray Nepenthes to fusion summon my second Chimerarafflesia."

Once more the frightening creature appears back to the field looking even hungrier than ever. "I now activate my trap card Predaplanning from my graveyard and Sarraceniant effect, when I fusion summon while this is in the graveyard I can destroy one card on the field, but then I have to banish my trap from my graveyard, and I'll destroy the monster card you just set this turn, also with my monsters effect I can add one predap card from my deck to my hand." Elizabeth looked at her deck to add one card for her deck to her hand, while a portal from the graveyard opened and a beam of energy was sent towards Tobia's face down monster.

In a flash, the newly place facedown monster was destroyed. The wind flew through his hair as the fragments disappointed like the holographic projections they were.

“Thus the chimera is reborn...”

it would seem the plants would be a greater adversary then he had first thought. He shouldn’t take any chances with them, else risk losing the duel.

“Not so easily...reveal trap card! Stand to full height!”

the trap card revealed itself, the golem sentry rumbling and rising up from the ground much larger than it was before, staggering much taller than the plant that attacked it.

“It boosts Golem Sentry’s defense by double it’s value, meaning you are now attacking a 3600 Defense monster. And due to you flipping him to a face up position, Attack the moon activates! Destroy the trap monster!”

the colossal sentry rose up, aiming its staff at the trap card and fire a blast to eliminate it using attack the moon.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

Elizabeth giggled a little before correcting the lower classmen. "Sorry to say this, but Attack The Moon doesn't work like that, you have to change it's battle position before you can activate it, not when you're monsters flip up, though if you flipped it up and it was originally in defense position and change it to attack then it would work, but it's still in defense position."

The blast that the Golem Sentry send towards the trap monster completely messed as Elizabeth finished her explanation.

Chimerarafflesia lunge at the Golem but the Golem managed to push the plant monster back by knocking it's vines away from him which caused Elizabeth and Dahlia to lose 1100 lifepoints.

"You may have defended your monster from battle, but it still won't save it from my monster, I'll use Chimerarafflesia special ability, I can target one face up monster with a level lower or equal to my rafflesia and banish it, Golem Sentry is level 4 and my monsters level 7 so say goodbye to your monster."
Chimerarafflesia mouth's spat a liquidy purple acid towards Golem Sentry.

Last edited:

“Hm...so it were to seem.”

Closing his eyes, the golem sentry was covered in poisonous ooze, destroying it but otherwise keeping their life-points intact. Tobias waited for the next move his opponent would make, his turn stalling time and creating a foothold for Jira to stand on.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

"Well then, I've gotten rid of all their monsters and one of their traps are out of the way, so I would say that was a pretty good turn, wouldn't you say Dahlia." Elizabeth said as she turned towards her partner with a smile.

"Finally, I'll activate my own field spell, fusion recycling plant, with this card I can discard one card to my hand and add a polymerization from my deck or graveyard to my hand, and I'll choose deck." Elizabeth said as the field turned into a massive junkyard. "Also here's its second effect, if I fusion summon this turn which I did, I can add one of the fusion material I used for the summon back to my hand at the end phase."

Elizabeth said as she discarded last card in your hand to add a polymerization. "I'll end my turn there, which means my field spell second effect activates, and I'll grab my Predaplant Sarraceniant."
[
Predaplant Chimerarafflesia
Statue of anguish patterns.
Two set spell / trap cards.
Fusion recycler plant
Two cards in hand
LP:6900]

Last edited:
Jira let out a breath as Elizabeth ended her turn. The Slifer Red was having mixed feelings on this duel. On one hand, his Kaijus that he was were destroyed and his hand was looking rather low. But on the other hand, they were managing to hold their own against a pair of Obelisk Blues. The Slifer Red drew a card to start his turn, looking through the three cards in his hand and trying to formulate a plan. His opponents had two monsters on the field, while they had none. But now, it looked like he had the perfect card to deal with that.

"I don't know what your fixation on that crazy plant is, but I'm gonna have to get rid of it again. Don't worry, I'll give you something cool in return! I know you like plants, but unfortunately there isn't any plant Kaiju. But trust me, if there were I would totally give you one. I'm activating my first Spell Card, The Kaiju Files!" Jira said. A continuous Spell Card raised out of the ground in front the two duelists, depiciting a deck covered in files dedicated to the Kaiju.

"It doesn't do anything now, but soon it will! I'll activate my second Spell Card, Interrupted Kaiju Slumber! This card destroys as many monsters on the field as possible, then Special Summons a Kaiju monster to each side of the field!" Jira said. A rift split open between the two pairs, with burst of steam and lava flying out towards all the monsters on the field.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

Elizabeth braced herself as both her and Dahlia monster's were destroyed. "This is honestly just annoying." Elizabeth whispering to Dahlia.

"Chimerarafflesia effect again will activate on my next standby phase to add a fusion card since it was sent to the graveyard." Elizabeth said as she now glanced at her opponents.

"So then, what creature are you going to give me now?" Elizabeth said as she crossed her arms.

Last edited:
"Hey, hey. This is a tag team duel. So I expect you both to share my precious Kaiju, 'kay?" Jira said to Elizabeth. "Now, I'll summon to the field Kumongous, the Sticky String Kaiju (2400 ATK/2500 DEF) and then my favorite monster, Dogoran! The Mad Flame Kaiju! (3000 ATK/1200 DEF)"
Jira pointed to the sky as two monster made their way out of the crack created by the Interrupted Kaiju Slumber card. A massive, spiderlike Kaiju crawled out first, resting on Elizabeth's and Dahlia's side of the field. On the other side, massive dragon-like Kaiju with flames burning all around it climbed out and landed on Jira's side of the field. The Mad Flame Kaiju let out a roar.

"Since two Kaiju were Special Summoned, my Kaiju Files spell card gains two Kaiju counters! But that's not all. I'll activate the effect of the Kaiju Files, which allows me to destroy a Kaiju monster on the field. Then, I can Special Summon another Kaiju monster from my deck to the field of the one that was destroyed. So, rise from the ocean Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju (2200 ATK/3000 DEF)! With that, the Kaiju Files gain a third Kaiju counter!"

With a toothy grin, Jira gestured towards Gameciel.
"Now, Dogoran! Send Gameciel back to the briny depths! Attack with Atomic Flame Attack!" Jira said. Dogoran let out another roar before blowing a beam of fire breath towards the opposing Kaiju.

“Hmph...well done...”

Tobias couldn’t help but compliment the execution of Jira‘s combination. For someone who expended themselves so quickly at the start to come back in this matter was shocking.

Was he hustling the enemy team all this time? It was hard to say...but he just needed to sort his defenses back online so that Jira could continue to destroy the oppositions with his powerful monsters he had rampaging through the holographic city.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

The entire field was filled with flames as Jira's fire Kaiju destroyed the turtle that he gave her, which caused both Elizabeth and Dahlia to lose 800 LP, which left them with 6100 LP left.

"Impressive monster, but still nothing compared to my plants, they'll keep growing no matter how many times you get rid of them, and by my next turn your monsters will certainly serve me and my plants well." Elizabeth said as she pointed at Tobias and Jira.

"Joke's on you, planty! My monsters are into working for my opponents!" Jira said, pointing right back to Elizabeth. Although his opponents seemed confident, a toothy grin was still on Jira's face. They were in the lead! Win or loss, he was having a good time with this duel. These opponents were good, and moreover himself and Tobias were able to hold their own!

Dahlia drew a card to start her turn, looking at the two cards she had in her hand. She had overextended herself last turn, and it was beginning to show. It was time for her to start working back up.
"I activate my trap card, Redeemable Jar." Dahlia said. Her last face-down card flipped up to reveal a Trap Card depicting a goblin polishing a jar of greed. "This card allows me to banish one Trap from my Graveyard to add a Trap card with a different name from my Graveyard to my hand. So I'll banish Booby Trap E to add Statue of Anguish Pattern back to my hand."

Dahlia did as she explained before placing another card into her duel disk. A spell card rose from the ground depicting a Trap Card sinking in a pot of boiling water.
"This card is Magic Planter. It allows me to send one Continuous Trap Card I control to the Graveyard to draw two cards. Redeemable Jar has fulfilled its purpose, so I'll send it to the grave." Dahlia explained. The Spell Card and Trap Card faded from the field, and Dahlia set three cards face-down in her Spell and Trap zone.
"That's all I can do this turn, so I end." Dahlia said, nodding to Tobias.

Cards in Hand: 0
Cards on the Field: Dogoran (ATK mode, 3000 ATK), The Kaiju Files
LP: 6700

Cards in Hand: 1
Cards on the Field: 3 face-downs in Spell/Trap Card Zone
LP: 6100

Tobias drew a card, allowing himself to go back up to three cards in his hand. His eyes widened at his draw. Yes...yes that would do nicely.

“...
Strong offense is common yet effective...but what will you do against a defense that cannot be broken? I activate my remaining trap card, call of the haunted! I will use it to reanimate my golem sentry...but he will not be here long...for I tribute him to summon my Great Sphinx!”

the tribute monster Arose from the sands in attack position, the form of the creature looming at a surprising size.

Great Sphinx- 1700 ATK, 2400 DEF.

“I will use his ability to switch into facedown defense position, allowing my spell card attack the moon to destroy your recycling plant!”

as the great Sphinx sunk into the sands, it shot out A strand of arcane energy from the spell card, shooting right toward the field card in play.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

The surrounding area burst into pixels as Tobia's card destroyed Elizabeth's field spell, which reverted back to the duel arena they were in, but Elizabeth didn't seem to be affected by it.

"Hmm...I guess that's fine, I already got what I wanted from it. Is that the end of your turn, because if it is, you're going to take it a lot of damage." Elizabeth said as she smiled.

“No...it is not. You see, most assume that the Great Sphinx is my strongest monster...but they are wrong. Tell me...have you heard of Exodia?”

Tobias stopped, looking into his opponent’s eyes as he held a card in his hand.

“Exodia, the monster capable of winning any match instantly. I hold in my hand the elder sister to that monster. And by using Great Sphinx as a tribute... i summon her forth! Come forth! EXODD master of the guard!!”

The great Sphinx shattered into bits, a massive monster rising up from the sand in it’s place. She was a sight to behold, dressed in ornate gold and skin of an intense bronze shine. She locked her hands together in an impenetrable looking shield barrier, glaring down at her goes.

Exodd, Master of the guard: 0 ATK, 4000 DEF.

placing a last card facedown in the spell and trap zone, Tobias stood proudly aside his massive monster.

“Now...THAT will end my turn!”

Cards in hand: 0
1 face down in spell / trap
Attack the Moon
Exodd Master of the Guard

Watching the massive monster arise from the sands, Dahlia decided that it was time for her to act.
"An impressive monster, to be sure. But I'm afraid I can't allow it to stand. After all, I can't have my partner doing all the work. Trap Cards, activate!" Dahlia said before gesturing to her face down cards. Two of them flipped up, one after another.
"First is the Statue of Anguish Pattern once again, summoning itself in defense mode. The second is the Embodiment of Apophis you had sent back to my hand. When Embodiment of Apophis summons itself, the effect of my Statue activates. It will destroy your Exxod!" Dahlia said.

Emerging from their Trap Cards, the Statue of Anguish Pattern and Emodiment of Apophis crawled onto the field. Both of them took a defensive position, with the Statue staying relatively the same while the Embodiment raised its shield. The statue glowed with dark energy before firing a blast of magical power towards Exxod.

“I’m afraid I cannot allow this endeavor to succeed, Exodd’s defenses are absolute. Observe! Come forth it’s Trap Stun!”

the trap card flipped up, Exodd not even budging as the enemy’s effect approached it.

“It’s ability will show that no matter what you do, it will remain on the field!”

the sister of Exodia’s eyes began to glow as a wave of negation was fired out from it’s body.

Dahlia gritted her teeth at the activation of Tobias' trap card. Trap Stun, a trap negation card. It's effect was one that Dahlia was quite familiar with. The wave of negation struck both of Dahlia's monsters, pushing them back into their Trap Cards. Just great. Now even after this turn, her Trap Monsters would be stuck in their trap cards and be unable to escape.
"Not bad..." Dahlia said, letting out a breath. It looked like Elizabeth would be doing a lot of the work this duel after all.

Jira, on the other hand, was ecstatic.
"Tobias!" Jira said, looking up at the massive statue-like monster. It rivaled the size of his own Kaiju monsters! "Why didn't you show me this guy before?! Aw, jeez, it's so COOL!

Tobias gave a humph of Satisfaction, effectively clearing the enemy field for now. However, his own hand and field were empty, outside Exxod and his active spell card. Hopefully a Jira had a plan to take advantage of this situation. Speaking of Jira, his Dueling buddy had called out to him, complementing his monster. Tobias found himself reclusive, dare he say it...bashful? Perish the thought.

“Because...A strategist does not divulge their battle plan until they are set into motion...but...the appreciation is noted.”

No knowing how to deal with emotions, Tobias shook these thoughts out of his mind, setting his sights back onto the battle.

“Ahem. Regardless. It is your move after the opponent’s Jira, take advantage of the gap I created!”

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

Elizabeth glanced at Tobia's so-called strongest monster before taking her turn and taking a glance at Dahlia. "It's fine Dahlia, thank you for helping, now leave everything to me, I draw, now then during my standby phase I activate two effects, first is my predaplant chimerafflesia which adds a fusion card to my hand, and secondly is the card that I discarded last turn from my field card, my predaplant Cordyceps, his special ability allows me to summon two level 4 or lower predaplant monsters from my graveyard, but for the rest of the turn I can only special summon fusion monsters and I can't normal or set any monsters, I special summon predaplant Chlamydosundew and Moray Nepenthes!" Elizabeth said as the summoned plants were brought back to the field in attack mode

"Now I'll activate the spell card that will make your monsters mine to use, I activate the spell card predaplast, when this card is activated I can reveal any number of predaplant monsters from my hand and add a predaplant counter on one of your monsters, and looky here, I have one predaplant monster in my hand."

Elizabeth said as she revealed predaplant Sarraceniant in her hand. "And I think I'll pick your Exodia." Elizabeth said while pointing at the yellow student.

Elizabeth spell card shots a dark aura seed at Exodia which exploded on impact and started sprouting Vines around Exodia and developed him in a purple aura.

"I activate my predaplant Chlamydosundew amazing ability, which you should know, it allows me to fusion summon without the use of polymerization, but there's another effect, whenever my opponents monster has a predaplant counter I can use that monster as fusion material and it's treated as a dark type monster, therefore I'll be using your monster as fusion material for my beautiful monster so you best be grateful."

Predaplant Chlamydosundew and Exodia began levitating in the air as they begin to fuse into each other.
"The acquirements is one Predaplant monster and one dark monster with the original level of 8 or higher. Poisonous dragon with hungry fangs! Sweet smelling flower that invites the abyss! Now become one, and indulges all as you desire! Fusion Summon! Come forth! Level 10! Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon!"

What appeared onto field was about the same size or a bit bigger than Jira Kaiju. "This card is the evolved form of my ace card, which I hold dearly and with this card I'll defeat you both."

“Level 8 or higher...!”

Tobias was shocked by the result. They didn’t penetrate his defense though effects or by attacking, but by tribute! It was an avenue he never conceived before. With no cards to counter, he was helpless as he watched Exodd get tributes for a monstrous looking Venon Dragon.

starting to actually sweat, Tobias grunted. He was at a loss. They dismantled his defenses. He had nothing that could be of use to Jira. Nothing in his hand, nothing on the field. Was it truly over?

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

"Now, let's bring out an old friend shall we, I activate the spell card Re-Fusion, by paying 800 life points I can bring back a fusion monster from my graveyard which means, welcome back to the field Predaplant Chimerafflesia." The monster appeared from the graveyard with a monstrous roar.

"Now it's time to finish things, I activate Greedy Venom special ability, I can target one face up monster on my opponent's side of the field and reduce their attack points to zero and negate their effects and I'll choose the only monster on your field, your Kaiju."

Greedy venom shot vines from one of its hands and wrapped it around the Kaijus neck sucking its energy from it until it's flames were extinguished and it looked barely alive as greedy venom released it."

Despite his opponent summoning a super powerful monster, Jira's toothy grin seemed to grow even larger.
"Oh my gosh. Everyone's been holding out on me! Heck yeah, bring it on!" Jira called over to Elizabeth as she summoned her Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon. Sure, it was a dragon, which was pretty basic. But for Jira, the sheer size of the monster made up for it.

The Slifer Red's grin faded, however, when the Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon activated its effect. He was forced to watch his favorite Kaiju get sucked dry by the Fusion Monster, and there was nothing he could do about it. His monster now down to zero ATK, Dogoran had no means of defending itself. Even so, there was still a fighting fire in Dogoran's eyes as it looked over to Elizabeth's monsters.
"Aw man... This isn't looking too good." Jira said. His grimace turned to a pained smile as he faced Elizabeth and Dahlia with determination. "Okay! Do your worse!"

Last edited:

“How can he be so...joyous?”

Tobias muttered to himself. He was about to lose. THEY were about to lose, surely he couldn’t be this happy unless they were falling into a trap? Or is this the dueling spirit that he was talking about? Closing his eyed, he tried to wrap his mind around it.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

"Now I believe it's time for battle, Moray Nepenthes attack the Kaiju." Moray Nepenthes wrapped its Vines around the monster and began dragging it towards its two mouths and began devour the Kaiju as its two mouths grew in size to swallow its prey.

"Now it's payback time for her, predaplant chimerafflesia attack, show them what they get for sending you to the graveyard." Chimera rafflesia launched its two mouths towards Tobias and Jira.

"Now we finished this, greedy venom fusion dragon, end this!" Elizabeth said as Greedy Venom shot its vines towards Tobias and Jira.

Jira shielded himself as Dogoran was destroyed by the smallest of the predaplant monsters. For a moment, the Slifer Red's grin switched back to anger. Really? The weakest one? She couldn't have had her dragon attack Dogoran instead?! But Jira didn't have much longer to think of that, as the remaining two monsters attacked the pair directly. The flytrap-like monster snapped at Jira and Tobias, its mouths harmlessly passing through the two duelists. The dragon was quick to follow up, its vines 'striking' the duelists. Jira watched as their Life Points dropped down to zero.

With a dejected sigh, the Slifer Red looked down at the ground. They had lost. Still, it had been a fun duel. Jira looked back up at Elizabeth and Dahlia, grinning and displaying his pointed teeth as he gave the two girls a thumbs up.
"That was awesome! Great duel!" Jira said to the two Obelisk Blues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia stood tense as the three monsters attack, ready for a final, desperate attempt from either of the two opponents. But none came. The monster's attacks were successful, and the two duelist Life Points dropped to zero. Dahlia let out a small breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. The duel was over. They had won. Dahlia gave Elizabeth a small smile as they were announced the victor.

Tobias had braced for impact, the vines lashing out at the archaeologist. Closing his eyes and leaving the dust to settle, it was clear who the victor was. And it was not them. Tobias was visually unsettled.

“Even with Exodd...” he muttered to himself, shaking this off. “Very well...this has been an enlightening experience. You’ve shown be holes in my defensive bastion that need to be patched...”

turning around, Tobias looked back to the entrance in which he came. Taking a glance to the smiling Jira to his right, the scarf wearing duelist taking the initiative to slowly walk off without saying another word to his Dueling Buddy.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

Elizabeth sighed with relief as the duel ended and as it ended Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon glanced at Elizabeth, which cause Elizabeth to smile and mouth the word 'thank you' before greedy Venom disappeared along with your other plants.

Elizabeth then look at one of her opponents. "Agreed, it was a good duel, you tried your best, but I guess we were just more versatile." Elizabeth then glanced at her teammate and hugged her. "You did amazing, Dahlia, I just hope that Tracy doesn't have any trouble getting past this first round because I really want to fight her and see what she's made of, don't you?"

Dahlia merely nodded to Jira and Tobias, and turned to leave the arena. As she walked out, the Obelisk Blue was surprised by another sudden hug from Elizabeth. Still not really too sure how to react to this, Dahlia gave Elizabeth a half hug back.
"Thanks. But I really didn't do much, you were the one that did most of it out there. I wasn't even able to get out one of my planets." Dahlia said. In truth, Dahlia didn't feel that bad about the duel. They had won, and their opponents had dueled honorably (if not with a few unorthodox moves). Next time, she would try to do more.

At the mention of Tracy, Dahlia nodded.
"I've seen her duel before. Once she gets into the swing of things, she's rather good. Let's just hope that she found a good duel partner for this as well." Dahlia said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira merely shrugged at Elizabeth's comment before turning to depart the arena. But when the Slifer Red looked, he found that his duel buddy was already making his way out. Jira quickly jogged to catch up with Tobias, slowing walk beside his friend. He deactivated his duel disk, sliding his deck back into his deck box and shoving his hands in his pockets.
"So! How ya feeling." Jira said to Tobias.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up in the stands, Lance had watched the duel with great interest. He had seen Elizabeth duel before, her Predaplants and Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon a deck to be feared. While Dahlia had done well, he could still see that there was a gap between the skill levels of the first year and second year. It not surprising, and to be expected. The Slifer Red and Ra Yellow team had done well together, even managing to get a lead. Even if it was only for a short while.

The third year Obelisk Blue reclined in his seat, looking around the arena and waiting for the next duel to start.

“Feeling...?”

Tobias blinked in bewilderment in response to Jira’s question. Emotions aren’t something Tobias took into account when referring to his own well being, to this question was thrown into left field for him. Pausing and thinking for a moment, the amber eyed boy responded.

“Feelings are inconsequential. It is the results that matter after all. After all, it shows a vast inadequacy in my defenses, even if it was an unorthodox match like a tag battle. Regardless, I cannot afford to display weakness it my deck like I did today, only unstoppable and absolute defenses. The fact that my defenses were broken in the tag battle is absolutely reprehensible. I must ensure it’s future success.”

Jira blinked, once again stuck trying to comprehend his duel buddy's unusual manner of speaking.
"Oookay..." Jira said, keeping up pace with Tobias. The Slifer Red took a moment to reflect on what Tobias said, picking through his friend's response carefully. It sounded like the Ra Yellow was disappointed by the match, which made sense. Losing can be kind of tough. But Tobias seemed to have a sort of... desperation about him? Or was Jira just overthinking that...
"... Alright. I can understand that." Jira said. "But did you at least have a fun time? I mean, that one guy you pulled out was huge! Exxod, right? 4000 Defense?! That's crazy!"

The archaeologist closed his eyes, knowing that his dueling buddy had meant well by him. He had been trying to cheer him up, despite Tobias stating that emotions weren’t a factor. He reminded him of the kids back in his hometown.

“Exxod is the ultimate defense.” He stated, closing his eyes. “A being that protects those under its domain, a protector. Defender of the weak and punished of the wicked...all Of this without having to Kill...”

closing his fist, he held it to his side. Adjusting the scarf higher, as to further secure his lower face to be hidden.

“...Have I ever told you about where I come from?”

Jira's smile slowly faded as Tobias spoke. Even a person like Jira knew enough when the conversation was beginning to take a serious turn. So the Slifer Red quieted up and thought back to the conversations he had with Tobias. Jira shook his head.
"No..." The Slifer Red said. "You never brought it up, and I didn't want to pry."
Jira had had a few suspicions as he got to know Tobias. It was clear that the Ra Yellow hadn't grown up with the normal childhood, just from the way he spoke and dressed, the things he did, and the fact he carried around his sword. And while Jira had been curious, he hadn't wanted to risk offending his friend. So he simply waited. But now it looked like he was going to get a bit of a vision into Tobias' past.

“Hm...then listen well...”

Tobias closed his eyes, recounting his early days. His mind brought him to a desert city, a young Tobias holding the hand of a older and masculine figure.

“I was Born into the world, curious and full of life. My father was a man of many talent, so he claimed. One day he was a used car salesman, the next he was a real estate developer, and so on. He would go From get rich quick scheme after another, but that’s how he provided for us two. But one day, he decided he was going to be a rare artifact collector, and flew us to Egypt, where he would await a buyer...now doubt to fool them into thinking they were buying a expensive relic. That’s when things went sour...”

*SHOT!*

a bullet rang out, Tobias’s father falling to the ground, his briefcase spilling out his counterfeit merchandise. Young Tobias rushes up to the mortally wounded man, crying and desperately attempting to get him to move, but to no avail.

“His deeds caught up to him, and his client double crossed him for the final time. This left me, only five years of age, to survive in Egypt all on my own. Having no idea what to do, I went to the alleyways and secluded areas where the criminals of the city wouldn’t find me...and that’s when I found them.”

“What’s your name kid?” A youthful voice asked.

“Yeah! You seem kinda pale!” Another kid voice teased.

“Uhm...Tobias...I-“

“That’s a weird name, glad to meetcha! We’re the alleyway kids!”

“These children were Orphans, the homeless, and those that fell into unfortunate circumstances.” Tobias explained. “It was a strike of luck I found anyone like me...I felt as though I had a glimmer of a home, a place to belong. Need I forget there was a reason they were so poor...”

Ack!”

Tobias was thrown to the ground, a bunch of adult street thugs shaking down the other kids, coins and bits of candy falling to the ground.

“Alright losers! Where’s the money? We know you took some from our boss today!”

“W-W-We didn’t...I swear!”

Tobias vision was Instantly turned black when he received a gut punch from the beefiest of these men, young Tobias coughing up a mix of Stomach acid and blood.

“Crime was abundant. We were targets. Was it fair? No. But that’s how the world works. I learned from an early age that the world will never change unless you do something about it. Having a new resolve, I decided we needed to learn how to fend for ourselves, so I decided to sneak into library’s and read military strategy books, economics, things that would tell us how to survive better and what to do when cornered...it took a while to be used to effectiveness, but eventually, we started to reasonably fight back.”

“Gah! What the-“

A thug was hit by a brick aside of his head. Looking for the attacker, atop of a gate were five kids, one of which with a orange scarf wrapped around their face. The other kids had bricks in their hands whilst the one in the middle had a sharpened Goat Femur strapped to their wrist.

“Give us all your belongings...now.”

“Suddenly, we were turning things around. We began to make a profit based on defending the weak and the needy, and we used these profits to Eat, dress less disheveled, and further their education the right way. I, now the eldest kid, took it upon myself to educate them, taking them to museums, libraries, and personally tutoring them. I enthralled them with my tales of ancient Egypt and the past, almost as if it were a fantasy they could never grasp...”

“So I continued, years passing. I resolved myself on finding home for these children. One by by one I found them homes, careers, futures, I couldn’t let one be left in the dust. And I did so...the only one that remained was myself. I had protected them from the dangers of the world, I HAD to, because no one else would. If I failed in protecting what I held dear, then they wouldn’t be where they are today.”

Tobias held his scarf tightly in the grip of his right hand, opening his eyes. He turned back to Jira, who was hearing this story.

“...And that’s why I made an oath. Always protect those who deserve protection, and never find myself in a position where I cannot defend them.”

"Great, so I gotta be an entertainer too? What, do you want me to rap during our match? Because I will, don't try me." Bob crossed his arms and huffed. He knew Weasel was a strong duelist, but it didn't always show. "There are over seven trillion nerves in my body and you manage to get on all of them, so congrats I guess." Turning his head back to the battlefield, he began thinking out loud. "That Dogoran was cool, you guys think there's any merch or mechanical versions of those Kaiju? I could use a bit of intimidation among my monsters."

"So, you ready for the tournament? What place do we need to secure at the minimum for your prank to succeed? Like I said, I don't know what you've got planned, but I am a part of this group now. I'll do my best to get this prank going, after all you made me quite curious."

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Noah POV)

Noah was honestly surprised during the duel in front of them and was a little nervous if he and Willow had to fight those two obelisks. One would using their trap cards for defensive purposes and use one of the Trap monsters effects to destroy their cards on the field while the other just kept summoning powerful monster each turn.

"Well that was informative, let's get ready for our match Willow, we might be called any moment right now." Noah said as he got up from his seat and started walking out of the stands.