• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
As if on cue to Tobias’s thoughts, Jira came walking into the halls. Peeking up, Tobias approached his ‘Dueling Buddy’.

“Ah, Jira. Seeing the task ahead of us with this duel tournament in our near future, I think it prudent that you and I make a duo, similar to that of which we formed on the eve of the duel academy invasion. That is...if it was alright with you?”

Tobias offered this wordy gesture, unsure if Jira would accept it, considering what events had happened recently.

“Pfffft, keep dreaming.” Weasel scoffed. “This plan ain’t like anything anyone has ever seen. Remember, I play the long game. Awww you dow’t beweive me?”

Weasel lined those words with a childish seriousness that seemed to contradict themselves. To be frank, Weasel himself was a contradiction to his own natures. Childish and serious, Short sighted and Long term planner.

Meanwhile, Braxer grinned at the thought of dueling with the coin. “Yeah, sure thing kid! I just gotta get used to it, maybe dig around in the ol’ deck junk too. I gotta get duel worthy...”

“You’ll see! We’ll be b-b-b-better than you’ve ever seen!” Bix stuttered.

"If you need practice that badly, feel free to come to me. Normally I'd practice with my tag duel partner, but I have a feeling that such drastic measures won't be necessary. Weasel's got a plan and I can't comment on it, so might as well get you two up to speed. Twin-Barrel Dragon's effect only occurs when it is summoned, so make the best out of it. It targets not only monsters, but spells and traps as well. Target the ones you are most insecure about, after that enjoy your 1700 atk beatstick. For more tips, I recommend dueling me so I know what you're up to. If you're confident on your skills, make sure your decks don't hinder each other. A mill deck that relies on monsters in the Graveyard would not be a fan of cards like Dimensional Fissure, for example." Bob cast a glare at Weasel for being an unnecessary enigma, why was he being so unpredictable? When you think his personality and traits are pinned down, he becomes a whole different person. Machines don't have those issues, they did as you'd expect them to. Maybe some had side effects because of their engineering, but more often than not they were positive. Hell, the one card in his deck with negative side effects was Time Wizard with its 50/50 chance of wiping the opponents field, and it wasn't even a Machine Monster to begin with. It was a Spellcaster with large gears that could totally be a Machine type, but that was not something Bob should occupy himself with. There have been more questionable cards around, and Time Wizard was one of the tamer ones.

“Uh...sure...I don’t know what those are...” Braxer scratched his head.

They didn’t exactly have the most knowledge of the game, they were first years after all with no prior experience. This was coming from the guy who nearly got expelled due to bad grades.

Weasel meanwhile snickered, giving a coy expression to Bob. His smile was near completely crescent shaped, the prank master narrowing his eyes on Bob. It was like he somehow knew what he was thinking. Weasel didn’t need to speak, but knew it was eating Bob up inside.

Bob sighed. "A mill deck is a deck that sends its cards to the graveyard to activate effects or to power up cards like Shadow Ghoul, a monster that gets stronger for each monster in the graveyard. Dimensional Fissure is a continuous spell card that causes cards from both players to be removed from play instead of going to the graveyard. Some decks revolve around banishing cards and powering up monsters like Gren Maju Da Eiza, whose strength fully depends on how many cards you have banished. This includes spells and traps. A beatstick is a monster with high attack that steamrolls through everything, like Weasel's Prank-Kids equipped with Psycho Blade or Axe of Despair. Come on guys, these are common terms. Do you know what a burn deck is? If neither of you know, then you're getting a quick lesson on common terminology and tactics. I could give you a pamphlet about it, but you two look more like the type that learns by doing."

Bix and Braxer just blinked while Bob was explaining this. The turned to each other, blinked again, then back at Bob. They hadn’t a clue what he was talking about.

“No offense, but I don’t understand word your sayin’.”

“I got the steamroll part...that’s about it.”

Braxer sighed. “What a pain. But we can work around it. We just gotta make our own style!”

"Alright, time to get you up to speed. A burn deck is a deck that relies on card effects to do the majority of their damage. A banished card is similar to a card in the graveyard, but they are typically harder to get back on the field. Monster Reborn for example won't work on a banished monster. A continuous spell card is a spell that remains active on the field until destroyed. Anything else you don't understand? If so, then feel free to ask me. If either of you want a practical test, hit me up." Bob helped Braxter and Bix before coming up with an idea. "How about we have a little practice tag team match? You get a feel for your partner's deck and you two clearly need some help if you want to get past round one."

Jira looked at Tobias and blinked, taking a moment to process the word soup that the Ra Yellow spewed at him. A toothy grin spread across his face as he nodded. It looked like Tobias wanted to duel with him after all. While the Slifer Red didn't think they'd get very far in the tournament, at the very least there might be a chance for some fun duels.
"Heck yeah! I think it'd be great to have a tag-team duel with you, especially now that we're just going to be dueling for fun." Jira said. "We have until Friday to prepare, right? We should try to work out some strategies or combo moves, something like that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy nodded, a little surprised that Raikiri asked her before she was able to ask him.
"No one else has asked me, and I don't know many other students. At least, ones that might be willing to team up with a Ra Yellow. " Tracy said. "I don't have much experience with Tag Duels, but I'll try my best. Do you know of any good ways we could prepare? Actually, do you want to look through my deck, and I could look through yours? That way, we could see how well they could work."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia sat outside, thinking. The tournament seemed like a fun outlet to relax and play, but the problem was finding someone to team up with. She didn't want to partner up with her brother... Perhaps Elizabeth? Maybe not, Elizabeth was an upperclassmen and probably had another partner? Noah, maybe? He was pretty tough, especially for a Slifer. She wouldn't mind teaming up with him. Now only to try to find these people. Getting up, Dahlia began to look around the school. Not too far off, She could see a group of Slifer Red sitting around. Perhaps they knew where Noah was. As she approached, there was something about these students... In fact, a few of them looked familiar.... Dahlia was only a few feet from them when it clicked. These were the guys that stole the clothes!!! Nearly instantly, the Obelisk Blue girl made an about face and started to walk away. No way was she going to associate herself with these delinquents.

"Alright then, I've got two to look through. My Fire deck and my Dragon deck. I haven't decided on the one I should use yet, so I want you to be the judge," he said, getting one of his decks out. "This one's my Dragon deck, my new one. It uses Red-Eyes and Dragonmaid archetypes." He handed the deck to Tracy.

Tracy took the deck, a little excited at the sound of this deck. She hasn't heard of Dragonmaids, but Red-Eyes? Everyone and their mother had heard of those. But as she looked through the deck, she felt a bit more... Confused. The Dragonmaids seemed to be pretty strong, but it looked like a deck a weeb would use. Still, their strength might work better with Tracy's more technical D.D. deck than a burn/beat down, which is what Tracy assumed the Fire Deck was. The Ra Yellow girl nodded at Raikiri.
"I think this might be a good choice." She said, handing Raikiri back his deck. Reaching into her pocket, the girl pulled out her own deck and handed it to Raikiri.
"Here's my D.D. deck. I don't know how well it will mix, since it likes to banish things indiscriminately. But I can make some changes to it if we need to." Tracy said.

Raikiri took the deck and skimmed it through. It seemed like a mediocre thing to go with his dragons, but good enough. Like she said, several indiscriminate banishments, but nothing too problematic. He handed the deck back. "Seems like an OK combo, it could definitely get us somewhere." He looked up at the sky. "Damn, it's getting late. I better go."

Tracy nodded, glad to hear that he thought it was a good choice. Upon hearing Raikiri's comment on the sky, the Ra Yellow girl checked the time. It really was getting quite late.
"Yeah. I'll see you around." Tracy said, taking her deck back. With that, she walked off.

Friday, October 16, 20XX
Raikiri woke up extra early to examine his decks one last time. Today was the day. The day he showed his power to the rest of the school. It had been a long week, and he was finally ready to duel again. He got his Ra jacket on, messaged Tracy a meetup spot, and left the dorm.
------------
Elana woke up, startled. She had found a teammate who used Toon monsters, but she wasn't entirely confident in their ability. She once again shrugged this feeling of doubt off and left her dorm.
------------
Nakada had been up since dawn, pacing around the Obelisk girls' dorm, thinking about her deck strategies. She had added three "Assault Mode Activates" to her deck, allowing her partner to use extra. Even then, she wasn't 100% sure about all of her teammate's strategies. Still, she reentered the dorm to find a piece of paper on the bulletin board with the pairings for the first round of the tournament.

"Wake up, you two dunderheads! The exam's about to begin! I didn't spend hours teaching you stuff for nothing, so get out of your beds!" Bob was banging on the dorm doors of Braxter and Bix whilst waiting for Weasel to show up. He'd gotten used to the Slifer Red dorm over time, but it still felt like a glorified shed to him. Maybe he was spoiled by residing in Ra Yellow, but this was lame to the next level. The snack machines here didn't even have the good food! "Are you alive in there? Get off your lazy bums or I'll tell Weasel to drop you two like hot potatoes!" Banging on the doors again, he paced back and forth as he pulled out his deck before flipping through it. It wasn't bad per se, but it began to feel a bit stale. Sure, machines always did what they were asked to do if programmed correctly, but he couldn't help but feeling bored whenever one of his monsters did the same thing it did over and over. Blowback Dragon didn't have that issue, thankfully. The coin flipping was always fun and could 'flip' a match into his favor and Roulette Barrel could destroy monsters whilst in defense position. It brought spice to the game and a factor of uncertainity, even a card with pitiful attack like Roulette Barrel could destroy a high level monster as long as it wasn't level 7 or higher. That always bothered him, but there was nothing he could do about it. Perhaps he should do some shopping after the tournament? Although he'd have to make it to the tournament first. "Hellooo! Wake up!"

----------

Willow was nervous, she teamed up with a person she didn't know for a tournament! They were both looking for partners and she could work with a deck revolving around A Legendary Ocean, since it didn't actively hamper her and gave Murmillo and Vespasius a bit more power, although the latter didn't really need it. She was sitting down on a bench outside, waiting for her partner as she tried to calm her nerves. The Slifer Red wasn't exactly confident, in fact she was terrified. She felt like a cow going to a slaughterhouse, or a gladiator going to the colosseum. That comparison caused her to laugh a bit and judging by the noise she heard coming from outside, she wasn't the only nervous one.

Jira slowly woke up to the sound of banging on doors and yelling. It was like every other day with these people. In truth, it had gotten so reliable that Jira didn't even need to set an alarm half the time. Whoever would be banging on doors that day was a good enough alarm. The Slifer slowly dragged himself out of his bunk, muttering a good morning to his roommates before getting ready for the day. As before any big day, Jira had stayed up late prepping and strategizing. The shopping trip with Willow had allowed him to really boost his deck, and hopefully it would be enough to keep up with Tobias. Their decks would work well together in theory, with Tobias' 'ultimate defense' complimenting Jira's Kaijus.

The Slifer Red walked out of his room, ready for the day if not still a little tired. The yelling and pounding on the doors originated from a Ra Yellow, one that Jira had seen hanging out around the Slifer Red dorm quite a lot lately. Jira glared at Bob before running a hand across his face.
"Yo, could you quiet it down a notch?! They can probably hear you all the way to the Obelisk Blue dorms with that racket you're making!" Jira said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy was eating breakfast when her phone pinged. It was a text from Raikiri, asking to meet up. Today was the day after all. Taking a deep breath, Tracy finished her breakfast and grabbed her deck. She was nervous, of course. Was she really up for this? What if she turned out to be nothibg but a disappointment? Tracy shook her head as she walked through the campus. She just had to be confident. If she reached out, her deck would respond. At least, that's what Dahlia's brother always said.

After a few minutes of walking, Tracy made it to the meet-up spot. The other Ra Yellow was already there, waiting. Tracy smiled politely, waving to Raikiri and trying to not let her apprehensiveness show.
"Good morning." Tracy said to Raikiri.

“Huh? What?”

“What’s that banging?!”

The pair of 3rd rate duelists woke with a start, Bob slamming at their door to make sure they didn’t get any sleep. Groaning and groggy, Braxer was the first to respond.

“Eh- we’re up, we got it! Geez!”

“We’ve totally been up for like, EVER! Honest!” Bix nodded his head from the other side of the door.

Opening the door, they found a note falling down from the top of it, placed there intentionally. Surprised by the sudden note they picked it up and flipped it around.

‘A Weazul haz gota thiks ta do. Meet ya in the main buildin ol’ Boble head!’

Along with the bottom of the note, there was the face of a cartoon weasel which resembled that of that on weasel’s bandanna. Blinking at the note, Bix handed it to Bob.

“Uhhh I think this is for you.”

Tobias had an early start to the day doing the same thing a normal boy would be doing...Inscribing a Summoning circle onto his wall. It seemed like he was making it for hours, many intricate workings into the design as if he was was going to summon a ancient deity.

“That should do it.” Tobias stated. “Now let us see if the Ancient’s spell is true. Ahem. Difunto de los-“

*BEEP BEEP*

Stopping mid sentence, he looked at his alarm clock he had set up for the examinations. He sighed, knowing he’d have to come back later to finish this. Dressing himself in his trench coat, he walked out, his eyes having dark bags around them. Tobias however never felt more awake. Walking closely with the shadows, he approached like a panther in the night, the matches were near.

"I'll quiet down once these numbskulls are awake, which they are now." Bob told Jira, not really looking at him as he kept an eye on the door. "About time, you'd have missed those exams if I didn't wake you up." It was clear that the Ra Yellow was fed up, though his stress level lowered a bit when Bix gave him a note. "Awful handwriting, this guy helped Braxer study? I suppose he did predict me coming here, so there's that. Get dressed and get your decks, here's hoping you two pass round one." He crumpled up the paper and stuffed it away before holstering his deck again. "Don't forget your coins, your gift becomes a Normal monster without one."

-----------

Willow gulped as she waited, what kept her partner so long? Did he sleep in? Did he forget they'd meet up here? Was he already there, waiting for her? The tension was maddening, and she began pacing back and forth in front of the Slifer Red dorm. "Deep breaths Willow, you've got to stay calm. You can do this, you've beaten Kaiju. This tournament will be no different, but I can't use my field spell. I'll have to power up my monsters in other ways." She had two new support cards, but she never used them before and was unsure what to do with them. Only time would truly tell, and she hoped time would tell her soon.

Jira just shook his head at Bob's response, rubbing his face again before walking down the hallway. Grabbing a quick breakfast of oatmeal and toast (courtesy of the 'lovely' Slifer Red dining hall), Jira made his way out of the dorm. Pacing in front of the dorm, looking rather nervous, was a familiar face. Willow was looking almost scared as she walked up and down, occasionally glancing up. His first thought was that she was nervous about the tournament today. But what was there to be nervous about? Glancing at his phone, Jira figured he still had some time before he had to go find Tobias.
"Well, good morning. What's got you so wired up?" Jira asked Willow, leaning on one of pillars outside the dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you mean, you're sick?!" Dahlia exclaimed. The Obelisk Blue girl stood outside her partner's dorm room, talking through the door to the pale-skinned Obelisk Blue boy that had agreed to partner up with her a few days before. The door slowly creaked open, and Dahlia found that her partner's face was completely white. He looked terrible, bent over with a hand over his stomach. He looked up to Dahlia with a pitiful look, and from the room there was a faint scent of vomit.
"It means I'm sick- erk!" A look of panic came across the boy's face, and he quickly slammed the door shut in Dahlia's face. From outside, Dahlia could hear the sounds of puking and retching. Dahlia put her head in her hands and sighed. This was just great... Defeated before the tournament even began. Feeling glum, Dahlia slowly began to make her way towards the school where the tournament was being held.

Raikiri was startled at how quickly Tracy made it there. However, he pushed that aside and waved hello. "Today really is the day, huh? I don't know about you, but I've been sweating bullets for a little while," he said, turning a bit red in the face. "A-anyway, what about you? Ready to go?"
---------------
Nakada had startled her teammate from how early she showed up to their door for the tournament. They got there to discover the first matchup. Some random kids that she'd never heard of. "Braxer" and "Bix" versus "Elana" and "Connor".
---------------
Elana had headed to the arena to reveal the bracket had her name on it for the first round. Shocked, she stepped back and took a breath. Who were these "Braxer" and "Bix" anyway? She took a seat and waited for her partner to arrive, and hopefully their opponents.

Somehow managing to get ready to go before they were too late, Braxer and Bix were escorted by Bob to the main battle hall. After giving a quick and shaky thumbs up to Bob, the pair made their way to center stage, awaiting their foes.

“Uh well...hope we can pull it off.” Braxer shrugged. “Monsters I get, but not a lot of this tricky stuff.”

“T-that’s why i’m The support!” Bix nodded. “We’ll do something not so humiliating, I’m sure!”

Meanwhile, Bob looked around for Weasel, who said he’d be here. He was really cutting it close and being cryptic. Cryptic wasn’t really weasel’s style right? Weasel was always the rambunctious almost bratty guy, keeping a secret almost seemed inverse to his nature.

Elana and her partner Connor made it out to the stadium to find their opponents on the other side. They activated their duel disks in time for the headmaster to make the announcement. "The judges have decided for the turn basis to go like this: Elana, then Bix, then Connor, then Braxer. Let the duel begin!"
Elana cleared her throat. "I-I activate Foolish Burial. I send Speed Warrior to the graveyard. Now I summon Junk Synchron and activate its effect. Speed Warrior is Special Summoned from the Graveyard without its effects. Now then, Synchro Summon! Let's go, Junk Warrior!" The Synchro Monster appeared out of the sky and landed on the ground, signaling its summon. "I set a card face-down and end my turn," she said, with a little more confidence.

“W-what in the heck is a synchron?” Bix stuttered. “Aw geez now there’s two on the field...”

fumbling through his cards in his hand, he tried to come up with a strategy. Braxer groaned in irritation at the monster’s appearance.

“they seem to know what they are doing...let’s try to do something like that, Ight?”

“Y-Yeah...”

bix gulped as he looked at the monsters currently on the field. He didn’t have anything in his hand that could beat them by attacking...but maybe he didn’t have to. Crossing his fingers, he planned his strategy.

“Well...I lay a monster face down and put two face down cards. I guess that’ll be that...”

Connor was shocked at his opponent's quick move, but began his nonetheless. "I summon The Black Stone of Legend from my hand and activate its effect. I Special Summon Red-Eyes Toon Dragon from my Deck. Next, I activate Toon World from my hand. I pay 1000 LP," he said as a giant book appeared above the two Ra Yellows and smacked them both upside the head as it opened. "I set two cards face down and end my turn."
Team Elana-Connor LP: 7000
Team Bix-Braxer LP: 8000
Cards in Elana's hand: 2
Cards in Connor's hand: 1

“Woah woah, hey! Ain’t those Pegasus’s cards??” Bix exclaimed, pointing frantically.

“beats me, I never watched dueling TV.”

“Oh this is bad...this is baaaaaad...”

“Relax, I think I can do somethin’ about this.” Braxer assures his friend, playing a card. “I first play my monster! Come out giant orc!”

playing the monster on the field, it roared to life, beating it’s huge bone club on the ground.

Giant Orc: 2200 ATK, 0 DEF.

“Ohhh I see where your going with this!” Bix nodded up and down excitedly. “You want to pair it with my face down!”

“...”

“...right?”

“To be honest, I didn’t think you’d have it...”

“whaaaaat?! What if I didn’t have that one face down eh? Then what would ya do??”

“alright alright...sheesh...” Braxer shook his head. “And now I flip up my partner’s card! Go on Second Goblin! And they always wanna help their buddy out, so here comes the killer combo!”

The second goblin emerged, donning an eyepatch and a cackling grin. The goblin leaped up onto giant orc, the pair striking a pose.

“To follow up their unique bond they got, I gotta spell for ‘em! Now I don’t like fancy smancy effects...too confusin’, so this one is easy. It’s called Gates of the Dark world. Buffs up all fiends my 300 Attack points! Now we are oozin’ for a brusin’!”

a giant gate emerged behind Braxer and Bix, cracking open ever so slightly, voting the field in purple energies.

Giant Orc: 2500 ATK. 300 DEF.

“Now we got it! Giant Orc, Second Goblin, Combo Goblin strike!”

They roared as they raced down to smash the black dragon to bits with a heavy bone club smash!

Elana watched as her teammate's monster was destroyed, before beginning her turn. "I draw. I summon Junk Anchor, activate its effect, and substitute it for a Junk Synchron. I then Synchro Summon once more using Junk Anchor and my already placed Junk Warrior. I bring forth Junk Berserker. Its effect activates and I choose to banish Junk Warrior, so your Giant Orc loses 2300 ATK. Now battle. Junk Berserker. Destroy his giant orc!"
Team Elana-Connor LP: 6900
Team Bix-Braxer LP: 5600

Last edited:

“Synchro...“

“...Summon?”

a foreign concept to the two students, they didn’t realize into too late that the monster came in to Destroy giant Orc...though just for the Goblin to leap in the way and shatter in his place, smoke filling up the place as they lost 2700 Life points.

“Crap...” Bix muttered. “W-well...you gonna do anything else or?!”

Braxer’s cards in hand: 4
Bix’s Cards in hand: 2

Elana smirked. "I activate my facedown card, Tuning. I add Jet Synchron from my Deck to my hand and send the top card from my Deck to the graveyard." She looked over at her opponents, then to her teammate before saying, "I end my turn."
Elana cards in hand: 3

“I dunno...this is getting too complicated for my liking...” Braxer scratched his head.

“it’s okay! I think...trust me judgment on this one. I got the tricks, you got the power, remember?”

starting his turn, Bix drew a card, his face lighting up as he registered exactly what it was.

“Finally! Something good! I play pot of greed, which allows me to draw two cards...” drawing them Bix continued. “I activate Double Summon, which allows me to summon two monsters instead of one! So I bring out my squad! Two Goblin Kings!”

suddenly, two creatures emerged from his side of the field. Both were stumpy little gremlins that appeared to have a crown far bigger than their heads and a long baggy Royal cape

Goblin King: 0 Atk, 0 Def
Goblin King: 0 Atk 0 Def

“now their effect activates! They gain a thousand attack and defense for every fiend on the field, and since they are fiends and giant Orc is in play, both get 3000 plus the field spell!”

Goblin Kings: 3300 ATK, 3300 DEF.

“Woah...how did you do that?” Braxer Marveled.

“not all monsters with zero attack are bad...just had to read ‘em.” Bix chuckled. “But now the final card in my hand, cross attack! This card allows me to attack you directly with both of my monsters! Show ‘em what we got guys!”

The goblins giggled, tearing up with a total of 6600 ATK power, racing straight toward their foe’s life points.

Connor saw the goblins cackling while racing towards him and Elana calmly as their life points decreased to 1400. However, his smirk was not broken. "I draw. I activate my facedown, Comic Hand. Your leftmost goblin king is mine," he said as a hand appeared out of the ground, grabbed one of the goblin kings, and retracted to his side of the field. "Now to continue with my turn. I activate one of my facedowns. Toon Page-Flip. You randomly select one of these three monsters," he said as three card backs showed up on the field. "Don't be shy, pick one."

Before the tournament...

Tracy was a little surprised to hear that Raikiri was pretty nervous. He had always seemed rather confident, but it was no matter. Tracy took another deep breath, straightening out her skirt before nodding.
"It's okay to feel nervous. Today is pretty big. But we should relax. After all, this is a tournament just for fun. There's no grades or anything attached to it, so we should just relax, go out there, and do our best." Tracy said, giving Raikiri a smile. In truth, this felt a little strange to the Ra Yellow girl. Usually, it was Dahlia giving the encouraging talk before the match, not herself.
"I think I'm ready to go. I've made some adjustments that will hopefully effect your monsters not as much with banishing them. I think we'll do okay." Tracy said, showing some confidence. "Now let's get going."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia sat in the stands, watching the current duel dejectedly. If she couldn't find a partner before it came to her turn to duel, then she'd be kicked out of the tournament. This really stunk, and her annoyance was making it hard to even enjoy the duel she was watching. Not that there would be much to enjoy. It looked like a pair of Ra Yellows against a pair of Slifer Reds. It was likely that the Ra Yellows were going to win, with one of the Ra Yellows already pulling out a Synchro summon. Not to mention, the other Ra Yellow was using Toon Monsters. Very rare and very powerful cards.

Hold on...

Dahlia's eyes narrowed as she took a closer look at the pair of Slifer Reds that were dueling. She knew those guys! Those were two of the three guys that had stolen all the clothes from the hot springs! Her plight momentarily forgotten, Dahlia payed close attention to this duel. Hopefully, this pair of Slifer jerks would get what was coming to them.

“I mean...2300 is still strong I guess...” Bix Scratched the back of his head, looking down at the face downs he had in play nervously. “And I choose that dark magician knock off...has the lowest attack power.”

“Hopefully you got a trick up your sleeve to stop whatever he’s doing...” braxer muttered.

Bix flashed his hand, or lack thereof at Braxer, who only blinked in response.

“Oh.”

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

Elizabeth had just arrived at the school's duel stadium after avoiding some of the male students that were trying to get her as a partner while at the same time trying to find where Tracey and Dahlia were at. "Honestly nothing but a bunch of horny dogs, but at least i lost them."

Elizabeth was walking around to find a seat in the stands, but as she did she found one of the people that she was looking for as a partner, therefore Elizabeth decided to sit right next to Dahlia and saw that she was really focus on the duel that was happening in front of them to notice Elizabeth.

"Dahlia! Man am I glad to see you, you have no idea how long it took to lose that crowd while looking for you. I hope I'm not too late to ask you if you'd be my partner for this tournament?"

Elizabeth asked to see if her voice could snapped Dahlia out of her focus on the duel.

(Noah POV)

Noah finally exited is dorm room after a intense nagging lesson with lazuli to scope out the competition of the other students.

"I don't understand how mom manage to deal with her." Noah whispered as he saw Jira talking to Willow. "Yo, what up y'all ready for this Tag team tournament, I know I am." Noah said as he approached Jira and Willow.

Connor spoke up once his opponent chose the Toon Dark Magician. "He can't attack this turn, fortunately for you. Neither can this card that I'm going to sacrifice your Goblin King for, here's Toon Dark Magician Girl. And... why not. I activate Mystical Space Typhoon from my hand and destroy your field spell. That ends my turn."

Last edited:

“Okay okay...it ain’t too bad. He only got two Toony monsters and that big synchro thingy...” Braxer scratched his head, drawing a card. “How about we start with this! I use the spell card Earthquake, changing all of us to defense!”

In an instant, an earthly bellow swamped the field, forcing every monster to switch to defense position.

“Now I summon goblin attack force! They and my Giant Orc will take out your corny little toon monsters!”

summoning the Swarm of goblins, they boasted identical stats to that of the giant orc, including it’s effect. Both the Giant Orc and the Swarm ran toward the toons with clubs raised, yelling as a dust cloud ran with their every step.

Elana gulped as both of her teammate's monsters were destroyed. How is he possibly calm after this? We're going to lose at this rate! Wake up, dumbass! She realized that it was her turn, and turned red. "I--I draw." She looked down at the cards in her hand before whispering "here goes." She looked up. "I send Jet Synchron to the graveyard and special summon Quickdraw Synchron. Next, I activate Double Summon. I normal summon TG Tank Grub and TG Warwolf. I Synchro Summon two Junk Destroyers! I destroy your Goblin Attack Force and your Giant Orc with the effects of both Junk Destroyers, and now...
my Junk Destroyers! Attack them directly!"
The giant monsters jumped into the air before locking on target and rushing towards their enemies.
Elana cards in hand: 0

Last edited:

“Gah! I don’t think so!” Bix Exclaimed, revealing a card face down. “Fiendish chain! Disable one of their effects!”

as a result, Giant orc appeared to be spared whilst goblin attack force was destroyed. With Giant Orc and Goblin King still on his side of the field in defense position, it looked as if they weren’t going to be attacked directly this turn...but he assumed use his other face down just in case.

“and I activate my other trap card, minor goblin official! Every turn, you take 500 damage! How’s that for a move?!”

Taunting, Bix summoned the trap. The well dressed goblin judge his opponents, writing down something in his scroll of judgement.

Dahlia looked up, rather surprised to see Elizabeth. She hadn't heard the upperclassman approach, most likely because she had been watching the duel.
"Partners for the tournament? Isn't it a few days late to be asking that? I'd thought that there would have been a ton of duelists asking to be your partner. " Dahlia said. Still, a grin managed to creep across her face. "Well, it doesn't matter. It looks like we're both in luck. An hour ago, I would have said that I already had a partner. But then again, an hour ago my partner wasn't puking his guts out. Let's go let someone know we're gonna be partnering up."
Dahlia got up, taking another glance at the duel going on. As much as she wanted to watch the duel play out, she knew that informing a referee that she had found a partner was much more important and needed to be done as soon as possible.

“Well...at least we ain’t takin’ damage either.” Bix said, taking his trap card to his hand.

this wasn’t good. It was his turn and he only had one monster other than Braxer’s Giant orc. He also currently had only one card in his hand, against three powerful monsters. He started off strong, but now they fizzled out quickly. Carefully drawing a card, he carefully played it on the field with a gulp.

“so...uh...I’m gonna play a facedown monster and then I’ll set that trap card, which I’ll spring on you just as your turn starts for that damage.”

a quick and easy turn with no attacks, judging form their opponent’s superior monsters.

Connor accepted his opponent's move, considering he couldn't do anything about it. Either way, he began his turn with a draw. "I activate Pot of Extravagance. I banish 6 face-down cards from my Extra Deck, and draw 1 card for every 3 cards banished, which is 2. Now I activate Toon Kingdom. I banish three cards face-down from my Main Deck. Now that that's out of the way, I Set one card and end my turn."

As the flipped trap Card of Bix’s infocited 500 more damage, Braxer had seemingly grown more and more irritated.

“Ugh...Toon Kingdoms, Toon worlds, why is it all toons?” Braxer sighed, drawing a card. “All ya really need is a strong monster! Come out Goblin Marauding Squad!”

a hoard of goblins were summoned, wearing what appeared to be stolen knight armor, customized and looted to appear like it was ‘new’. Donning their rusted and battle worn swords, the goblins readied for combat.

Goblin Marauding Squad: 1900 ATK, 0 DEF.

“A lesson I picked up from Weasel! I need MORE power! I equip sword of the deep seated to my Giant Orc, making him 2800 ATK! How’s that for a tricky move eh? Now feel it’s mighty smash!”

the Orc rushed in for the kill, slamming it’s newly found sword-club hybrid at a junk destroyer.