• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Jira said nothing as Tobias spoke, listening intently to his friend. Jeez, what a heavy story. But it certainly explained a lot. The sword, the strange mannerisms, the defensive personality... To be honest, Jira wasn't sure what to do with all this information. He had his own challenges in life, but nothing like Tobias.
"Wow..." Jira said quietly, looking at Tobias with a newly-found respect in his eyes. He could barely imagine the hardships that Tobias had gone through.

Jira looked away, reflecting on what Tobias was saying.
"That oath is a very valiant one." Jira said. "Did you feel that... in that duel, you had failed in fulfilling it?"

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“...Quite so...”

Tobias too looked away, his amber eyes shifting through his baggage of the past whilst living in the here and now. Grasping his hand guard with his other hand, he glanced to the side.

“If I cannot defend optimally in something as trivial as a school duel, a duel for much higher stakes will be catastrophic.” Tobias explained. “Between this and the recent invasion incident and having to protect everyone I could on my own, it’s a safe bet that we will face such dangerous conditions once again.”

Jira looked at Tobias, stopping for a moment. Running a hand through his hair, Jira sighed before walking closer and putting a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Look, dude..." Jira said. "I mean, literally look around."
Jira gestured to the school around one, to the lockers and classrooms and other students.

"You can't be so hard on yourself like that. I mean, look at where we are! Yeah, it's Duel Academy. The largest Duel Monsters school there is. But at the end of the day, it's still just that. A school. And I'm guessing that you, like many people, came to this school to learn and get better. You seem like you've been playing Duel Monsters for a while, so you should know that you're going to lose every once and a while. People and their deck aren't perfect." Jira rubbed his head, trying to think of how to continue. In truth, he wasn't too good at this sort of thing, but he was trying his best.

"When you lose, you're able to learn things, right? I mean, it sounded like you learned a bit about your deck from that duel. So... I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't think that losing a friendly duel like this means you'll fail in a serious one. Just think of it like... Losing a friendly duel like this means that you'll be more prepared for a serious one. Or the next one." Jira said. The sharp-toothed Slifer Red grinned and pointed at Tobias with finger guns. "Take it from a loser, not only does it help you prepare, but it also makes the friendlier duels more fun!"

Tobias slightly jumped at the sudden physical contact on his shoulder, something he was rarely familiar with. Looking to Jira and the gestured school building,

“Kind words, but perhaps more hollow than what you may seem...” Tobias looked to the side. “As much as I would like to believe them, the world isn’t all games. There are consequences to failure. You of all people would know...imagine if we failed to save those students in our first Tag battle?”

Jira was a cheery personality, a tempting whisper to accept his viewpoint. But he still had gripes, especially when even in recent history: lives have been on the line. Numerous of them. It would appear that Tobias took his duty more seriously, prioritizing it over the game in itself. Or perhaps he didn’t think of it as a game at all?

Jira thought back to their first Tag Battle. It was something that he hadn't really thought back to, just because of how scary it was and how unusually angry it had made him. Those terrible raiders who had taken the game of Duel Monsters and twisted it into something much darker and sicker than it ever should have been. Just thinking about it was starting to get him heated. But Jira took a deep breath and instead reflected on the question Tobias had posed to him.

"Well..." Jira said. "If we had lost, we would have been captured as well, I suppose. Then it would have been up to someone else to rescue us, or those thugs might have done who knows what to us..."

Jira paused again before continuing.
"It would have been terrible. But the duel ended before there was a winner, and we got out of it unscathed. There's nothing we can do about what happened then now, but only practice and get better I guess." Jira said. The Slifer Red scratched his head, not sure how to continue.

“Perhaps... as that is why I have come to this school in the first place. I wanted learn both the ways of the sword and the ways of dueling, as to check both defensive lines. Perhaps though you have a point. Even I can be burdened by things such as emotion. It’s not disproven that I’m immune to such...trivial matters such as defeat when improvement is required. I do not want to appear as though I’m an adolescent, as that is not my intention. But rather that if a swordsman that has suffered a defeat by the hands of a blade.”

Tobias tried to explain the situation to Jira, peeking his eyes open once more and looking to his Kaiju loving ally. Extending his hand for a shake, he looked directly to him.

“Jira. It is important to me that this bilateral partnership we have be evolved. Past ‘Dueling Buddies’ as it were put, but further into a soul-bonded allies that will protect and see into each other’s needs through thick and then. What say you?”

Jira blinked as Tobias spoke. He was following the Ra Yellow, he was really trying his best. Learning both the way of the sword and the way of dueling, understandable. Accepting he has emotions, great. Not wanting to appear... adolescent? What? Suffering defeat by the hands of a blade? Now Jira was completely lost. Still, the Slifer Red tried to follow along.

Tobias then spoke of 'evolving their partnership', and once again Jira took a moment to translate what he was saying into words that Jira could understand. A big grin spread across Jira's face as he realized what Tobias was saying, and the Slifer Red quickly grabbed Tobias' hand in a bro handshake.
"Heck yeah, dude!" Jira said. The Slifer Red put his arm around Tobias, pulling the Ra Yellow to be shoulder to shoulder. "This will be great! The two amigos! A pair of dudes against the world!"

Tobias was jerked forward after Jira energetically grabbed his hands, a bead of sweat going down his cheek as Jira exclaimed. As he was pulled in shoulder to shoulder with him, he instinctively jumped as if ice slid down his back. What did I get myself into?

“...Lets hope that the world doesn’t choose to go against us, shall we?” Tobias played off the joke, attempting to make light of it. “But I must say, a pair like us? We shall be a duo worth reckoning!”

Tobias held his fist up, still connecting shoulders to Jira. It appeared he was starting to get into these antics. Maybe Jira was rubbing off on him.

"Heck yeah." Jira repeated. Jira had already considered them friends, Tobias had gone and cleared up any confusion that may have remained. Jira was feeling pretty good about this! His first major friend in Dueling Academy. This was definitely going to be interesting, but in the end Jira had a feeling it was going to be pretty fun as well! The Slifer Red let go of Tobias, putting his hands back in his pockets.
"Alright, amigo. So what do you want to do now? We lost the tournament, but we could stick around and watch a few duels. Or we could head back to my dorm room and watch some Kaiju movies. Or something that you wanted to do?" Jira said.

Having been let go of the grasp of the Kaiju maniac, Tobias readjusted himself, crossing his arms and burying his mouth into his scarf.

“Frankly, I elected to mediated in perfect silence back in my dorm, away from the oddities and distractions of the outside world...” Tobias explained. “However...It would be Deceitful for me to say that I didn’t have the slightest bit of curiosity in your fascination of such eldritch monsters...”

"Awesome!" Jira said. The two began to make their way towards the, Slifer Red Dorm, Jira began the very important task of considering which Kaiju movie to show Tobias. His first thought was his favorite Kaiju movie, Godzilla: Final Wars. A huge crossover movie starring multiple Kaiju all duking it out all at once. But then again, perhaps that wasn't a great introduction to Kaijus. It was an intense, action packed movie, however it also looked rather campy at times, and there were a lot of characters in it that weren't super popular. No, they needed to go back to the basics. The very first Godzilla movie. It was a bit more serious movie, and had a heavy theme. Tobias may enjoy that more...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia was back in the stands, sitting and waiting for the next duel to start. She had been unable to find Tracy or whoever was her partner, so the Obelisk Blue had elected to stay with Elizabeth. She went through her deck, thinking for a moment before looking over at Elizabeth.
"So, Elizabeth." Dahlia said. "How did you choose Predeplants as your deck's theme?"

Meanwhile, Lance had noticed Dahlia and Elizabeth come up from the arena. Taking another glance at Weasel and his group, the third year Obelisk Blue began to make his way towards where Dahlia and Elizabeth were sitting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy sat in the arena, waiting. These first few duels were exciting, but they had done nothing to quell the nervousness that was rising inside her. Of course, she had been cheering hard for Dahlia in their match. And in the match before that, she had been more quietly rooting for the two Slifer Red boys. What could she say? She liked underdogs. But she knew that her duel would be coming up soon. Looking over to Raikiri, she gave her duel partner a reassuring nod.
"We're going to be up soon, I think." Tracy said to Raikiri.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

Elizabeth sat down in the stands and had stretched her arms before glancing at Dahlia and smiling. "Well....mostly because there plants obviously." Elizabeth laughed half-heartedly before slowly stopping.

"If you noticed, I have a few venus fly traps in the greenhouse of mine and some of the other plants resemble some of my monsters like Chimerarafflesia, I take care of them almost daily as a way to say thank you for lending me their strength during duels." Elizabeth said as her mood immediately change to anger as she clenched one of her hands.

"I used to have another deck, but it does nothing but bring back bad memories of my past, it's honestly pathetic how weak I was then." Elizabeth said that last sentence in a whisper before closing her eyes and taking deep breaths and relaxing as she unclenched her fist. Then her mood changed back to normal as she looked at Dahlia.

"Sorry there, I was rambling a bit wasn't I. Anyways let's stop talking about me, and talk about you, what's with the trap monsters?"

Last edited:

Arriving at the Slifer Dormitories, Tobias made note of the run down shape the building was. Noticeable wear and tear on the walls, questionable black spots in corners of the rooms, and an odd odor in which even the poetic archaeologist didn’t have the words to describe.

“I am surprised that the school hasn’t been shut down for such standards of living.” Tobias remarked in passing. “Which one of these are your rooms...?”

"Yeah, it's probably our turn soon," said Raikiri, his head turned towards the ceiling of the gym. "Honestly these last duels haven't been all that eventful, ever since Elana lost that match against the Slifer Reds. These next few duels better be fun ones," he said, looking at the headmaster.
‐-‐----------------------
1 hour of lame duels later
The headmaster shuffled through some papers before clearing his throat. "O-ok, the next duel is Weasel and Bob vs Raikiri and Tracy!"

“...And THATS why I’m not allowed in any American province-“

“the next duel is Weasel and Bob vs Raikiri and Tracy!"

Weasel instantly perked up, a childish smile creeping across his face. It was FINALLY time to do somethin!

“Alright, let’s get to our match, and don’t bore me Bobby-kuuuuuuuuuun~!“

Weasel playfully cooed out to Bob just to annoy him, waltzing over to his side of the dueling arena.

@DarkHydraT

Tracy perked up when headmaster announced their names, having almost dozed off. Jarring herself awake, she smiled sheepishly to Raikiri.
"I guess I was wrong about it being our turn soon." Tracy said sheepishly. The Ra Yellow girl got up and stretched before putting her duel disk on her arm and activating it. Feeling nervous one again, she began to make her way down towards the arena.

It's just a normal tag-team duel. You've done them with Dahlia all the time. You should be fine. Just relax, and have fun. Tracy thought to herself as she entered into the duel arena. Noticing one of her opponents on the other side of the arena, a Slifer Red with white and black hair, Tracy smiled nervously and waved.
"H-hello..." Tracy said over to Weasel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia smiled at Elizabeth's relatively simple response, and nodded along to what the older Obelisk Blue. When Elizabeth made a comment about strength, Dahlia's smile turned to a slight frown.
"Hey..." Dahlia said. "There's no shame in having been weak. We all grow. That's what my brother always tells me."

Dahlia looked down at her duel disk when Elizabeth asked about her deck.
"Well... I guess it was because I wanted to be like my brother." Dahlia said, looking back to Elizabeth. "He never used monsters in his deck, and I wanted to be like him. He really helped me out with my deck, even giving me some cards he had won in tournaments that he never used. That's where I got my Planets. I bet they're pretty upset they hadn't gotten to come out last duel. I'll try to fix that next duel we have."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira shrugged at Tobias' statement.
"Eh, I heard it used to be a lot worse a few years ago. Evidently they had a weird 'remodeling duel' or something that renovated it slightly." Jira said as the pair made their way up the stairs. Jira stopped in front of his own room, knocking on the door.
"Hey, Cory! You here?" Jira said, opening the door to his room. The dorm room was empty. It was a smaller room, holding a bunk bed, a pair of desks, a pair of dressers, and a small table where a small tv and video player sat. The roommate was probably at the tournament.

Jira walked over to the TV, reaching under his bed and pulling out a VHS tape.
"I figured that the best way to introduce you to the Kaiju would be at the very beginning. This is the Godzilla, the first Kaiju movie ever made. It's old, but it's really good." Jira said, putting in the movie. Lowering the blinds and turning off the lights, he sat down on the bed and watched as the movie started.

"Jira played well, but he was simply outmatched. Obelisk Blue are not to be underestimated." Willow commented on the match when Noah caught her attention. "Huh? Coming, no need to hurry though. Another Slifer and Ra duo is dueling now, what's the rush?"

--------

Bob scowled at Weasel. "Call me Bobby-kun again and I will not hesitate to throw this match. You just make sure you're still allowed in this academy after your prank, being banned from entering American provinces is bad enough." Clenching the bridge of his nose, he sighed and closed his eyes. "Wish us luck, boys. Or wish me the patience to deal with Weasel, I'll need it." Waving at Braxter and Bix, he entered the ring. One of his opponents and, regretably, Weasel, were already there, so it was time to get the entertaining gig on the road. Honestly, screw it. I already lost my dignity when joining this gang.

Tapping his foot in a rhythmic fashion, the Ra Yellow shuffled his deck and readied his duel disk.

"Let's go and start this match.
Beware, there might be a catch.
Weasel and I, an unstoppable force.
We'll battle you and we'll win, of course.
If a if you try to duel us, it's gonna make us stronger.
Your teammate better hurry up, because we can't wait much longer!"

This better be a short match. Bob was far from thrilled to do this, but he didn't put it past Weasel to drop him like a hot potato during the duel.

Weasel winked to Bob, knowing he was just angering the poor boy, all the while Bix and Braxer gave him a thumbs up in good luck. Weasel waved over to his opponent, his persona immediately changing from a prankster, to his appearance in front of Mr. Crowler.

“Oh, hello there!” He beamed in an almost doll like fashion. “Let’s have a really really really kewl game, ya? Detective Weasel is on the case!”

Taking his Detective persona surpassingly seriously, or as serious as Weasel could be, he perfectly hid his true sinister colors. Then suddenly...Bob approached, adding rap to the stage to welcome his presence. Weasel clapped as it ended, seemingly genuinely surprised that Bob could rap...or maybe he was good at pretending.

“Oh my! Did you come up with that right on that spot?!” He spoke, oozing with fake kindness.

Entering the room, Tobias was quick to scout the surroundings, soaking in the sights in case he had need location for a tactical advantage or escape route. Taking a finger and tracing the side of a dresser, he took note of the dust he found on the side. Interesting...

He was shaken back to reality when he was told what he was about to watch. The first Kaiju movie: Godzilla. Nodding his head, Tobias put a finger up.

“I shall be most enlightening to see the movie for all its historical context. Perhaps it shall also teach me how you yourself get your motivations, as you theme yourself based on these characters from movies. Surely they must have made a profound impact on your day to day life.”

"Alright, alright, I'm comin', I'm comin'! What's the damn rush?" said Raikiri, hopping onto the stage. "You need to write more lyrics for your rap? Gotta be honest, these last few duels were pure shit, so show me somethin' interesting or I'm gonna toss my cookies." He got out his duel disk and put his deck in it. "Hope you're ready, 'cause my dragons wait for NO ONE. Got that?"

"Once you're on the spot, be ready or you will drop.
My lyrics strike as hard as a karate chop.
Those dragons of yours will face their demise.
Our teamwork will blow them to the skies."

Bob turned his attention from Weasel to Raikiri, knowing that Weasel was having the time of his life. The rapping itself was not too bad, but the knowledge that Weasel was most likely acting made him want to throw up. Freaking suck-up.

"Our team works perfectly, like a well-oiled machine.
Our monsters will wipe this field clean.
There ain't no broken cogs in our decks.
And no, that wasn't a flex!'

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

Elizabeth chuckled as she scratched the back of her head. "Hehehe....good thing you never saw me 4 year ago, I was a hot mess before I came here." Elizabeth said as she rubbed the back of her neck while showing a small smile on her face.

Elizabeth then glanced at Dahlia Duel disk which contained her deck. "Well that was sweet of him, you must respect him a lot, who is your brother anyways, he must be a student from here am I wrong?"

(Noah POV)

"Huh? But I thought." Noah was confused by his partners statement as he thought that their duel was supposed to start now, therefore he looked at the schools roster for the tag team tournament, and as he looked through it Noah sighed as he finished. "I guess you're right Willow, and besides its just like you said, we're not in a rush and it doesn't hurt to see what our opponents have up their sleeves." Noah said as he sat back down and started looking from the stands at the current teams dueling.

“Oh! A baby, how cute!” Weasel cooed, drawing a card. “Uh oh...looks like my hand is really REALLY bad...looks like I can only put a face down in both zones...”

placing a facedown monster and a spell/trap down, Weasel had an exaggerated frown on his face, playing that of an actor. He put an arm on his head, closing his eyes and making a shooting motion with his other hand.

“Looks like it just has to be your turn...”

Tracy blinked as the turn was shifted to her. She was beginning to have... strange thoughts about this duel. This opponent, Weasel, was reminding her of the first duelist that she faced here. That Obelisk Blue that pounded her into the ground. Not in the way this Slifer Red dueled, but in how he was acting super, wayyy too nice. In fact... black and white hair, 'detective' motif... Wasn't this the kid that Dahlia had told her about? The one that had stolen the clothes at the hot springs, only to pretend to return them?

She looked at Weasel with suspicious, especially at the two cards he had played face-down. Dahlia used to play a similar trick like that when they dueled, and Tracy knew not to underestimate opponents that were quick to mention their 'bad hand'. Biting her lip, Tracy drew a card and looked over the cards she had in her hand. Finally, she made a decision.

Tracy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. This was a duel now. She had to focus and be confident. If she was, then she knew her deck would respond in kind.
"I'll activate my Spell Card, Soul Absorption." Tracy said. A Spell Card rose from the ground in front of Tracy, depiciting a humanoid being attacked by a bunch of ghostly creatures. "Now, we gain 500 Life Points every time a card is banished. Next, I'll summon Dimensional Alchemist."

Another card appeared in front of Tracy, and from this one a humanoid with pale white skin in silver and purple armor appeared in attack mode. His stats read 1300 ATK and 200 DEF.
"Now, I'll activate his effect. He can remove from play the top card of my deck to gain 500 ATK. And since a card was banished, Soul Absorption lets us gain 500 LP." Tracy said, putting away the top card of her deck. The Alchemist created a sphere of purple energy in his hands, and from Tracy's deck the ghost of a woman with a mechanical arm was sucked into it. The purple energy covered the Dimensional Alchemist, raising his Attack to 1800.

Tracy glanced at the Baby Red-Eyes, considering for a moment if she should switch it to attack mode and attack with both. She quickly dismissed that option. It was too risky.
"Dimensional Alchemist, attack the face-down!" Tracy ordered, pointing to Weasel's face-down. The humanoid conjured another sphere of purple energy before launching it towards the face-down monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia nodded.
"Yeah, he's a student. His name is Lance. He's a third year Obelisk Blue." Dahlia looked around the arena, but couldn't see him in the crowd. "I guess he didn't want to duel today, and I can't see him right now. Um... people call him the 'Monsterless Duelist'. Or some people that don't like him as much call him the 'Soulless Duelist'. He's pretty good."

Weasel put a single finger to his cheek, twisting it about innocently as his other finger twirled a small hair on the side of his head.

“Aw, that was real cute of you to attack...but I think I’m gonna have to destwoy you...”

Suddenly, a trap card flipped up, calling forth a giant cannon, oozing with strawberry jelly in the place of ammunition. It smelled sweet and made splorting and splashing noises as it was summoned.

“Looks like your gonna have to meet my jelly cannon! I hope you bwought peanut butter! Hehe!”

The jelly cannon built up more and more, the barrel becoming cartoonishly deformed until it exploded into a fantastic spray of jelly! The jelly would slather over their opponent in an attempt to embarrass them so badly that they would retreat to their deck to get washed up.

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Elizabeth POV)

Elizabeth place a finger on her chin trying to remember Dahlia brother. "Hmm...that name sounds familiar." Elizabeth then pause in silence for a couple of seconds before having a slight disgusted and pale face, then she covered her face with both hands before groaning.

"No offense Dahlia, but your brother isn't exactly a person I would respect as a duelist, I've dueled him before and I can tell you that it wasn't really enjoyable.

The wave of jelly struck Tracy's monster, and instantly it jumped back into the Ra Yellow's deck. Tracy gritted her teeth in annoyance. She knew that Trap Card he placed down was going to be trouble, but she had walked right into it anyway! She needed to keep her focus on this, and show that she could duel well.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Tracy took a breath and cleared her head. A smile spread across her face as she looked back to Weasel.
"Wow! That was a pretty good move." Tracy said. For a detective, it was a strange way that he was speaking. "I guess I'll just set two cards face-down. It's your turn."
Tracy nodded to Bob as two face-down cards appeared in her Spell and Trap card Zone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia nodded, not offended by what Elizabeth was saying.
"It's okay, that's pretty normal." Dahlia said. "He duels strangely, so not many people really enjoy dueling him. I know he's not really one for banter or getting pumped up. Still, he's a strong duelist that's worked hard. When he first started here a Duel Academy, he was in Slifer Red. But he managed to work himself all the way up to Obelisk Blue. He's strong."

"Drawing time is here, your demise draws near." Bob flicked his wrist to unfold the stack of cards in his hand to the common fan position. He saw an opportunity to get rid of the pretty dangerous baby as soon as it grew up, all he had to do was wait. "Make your move cause i'm throwing two face downs. Don't worry, they are not clowns." A face down monster and spell or trap card were added to the field as a smirk crawled onto Bob's face.

"One of these is a surprise tool that will help us later, sure is a shame that we lack an alligator. Which one is the danger? I don't know, but one of them is a game changer. I end my turn, let's make those monsters burn!" With those words, Bob ended his turn and Raikiri was allowed to play.

---------

"What's this guy's deal? Is combining rapping and dueling really possible or is he just trying to look cool?" Willow scratched the back of her head as she tried to figure out what Bob was doing.

“Wowie! That was a good move and how! Boy, ain’t this game exciting! Why am I rapping now? Cause he weren’t inviting~!”

Weasel couldn’t help but tap his foot to the beat of the rhymes. He wasn’t one to be left out of fun, no matter what kind of fun it was. Looks like he didn’t have to cripple Bob after all, he was proving quite entertaining on his own.

Weasel drew a card, still bumping to to beat of Bob’s rap. As he was, looked Innocently off to the side, putting a posh open hand on his chin.

“Oh my, this rap is so catchy! But what is missing? Oh dear me, I think we need some catchy tunes to liven this place up a bit! I play Widget Kid in attack mode!”

Suddenly, with a single techno beat, a small figure had emerged on the field alongside Weasel’s face down. A kid, wearing a futuristic punk get up was summoned forth. He gave a grin, adjusting his cap backward and pointed his gun outwards.

Widget Kid: 1500 ATK, 900 DEF.

“You see, Widget Kid here is a party animal, so he never comes alone. Here’s his plus one from my hand! Widget Kid Dos!”

A second widget kid came up, very similar to that of the first, giving a high five to the first widget kid before sticking his tounge out in a punk like fashion.

“Now watch this! I play a spell card: Cross attack. This allows me to attack directly with one monster with enough sync to have identical attack powers with another monster. Any guesses to who those two may be? That’s right! Drop the beat widget kids!”

Suddenly, the rhythm that bob had was carried over, the Kids bobbing their heads to the beats. Side to side. Side to side. A techno drum was sounded before they tossed two devices up in the air. The devices extended, creating a loud broadcasting radio, taking this rap to a whole new level.

Timing their movements to the beats, widget kid one and two darted to the left and the right, swerving to between both Tracy and Raikiri. The music notes blasted out visually from the radio machines, lines of synths and musical lines bouncing up and down across their path. Widget kid two proceeded to go into a hand stand, allowing the first widget kid to jump on his shoes, bouncing up higher and soaring right above Raikiri. And as the climax of the song came, he’d blast 1,500 damage’s worth of sound waves from their blasters directly at them!

“If we are gonna do a dance party, we do it my way: In style!”

Last edited:
"Not really my cup of tea, but for now I will agree!" Bob changed up the beat to be faster and more upbeat to represent that they were in the lead and started beatboxing. "We've got you on the run, you better watch out for a gun! These beats will get to you, and we will be allowed to do what we wanna do! You, girl, you put me in a spin! But are you comprehending the position that you are in?" He didn't seem to take the duel too seriously, focusing more on the rapping than the duel.

As the kid-like monster ran towards Tracy and Raikiri, the Ra Yellow girl gestured to her face-down card.
"You both may like to rap, but you should have... uh... looked out for my trap?" Tracy said, trying to get in on the rhyming game. After all, it was just a fun duel. She might as well join in on something goofy like this.

The face-down card Tracy had flipped up to reveal a Trap Card, one depicting a lizardlike humanoid attacking an armored man, but the lizardlike humanoid was falling into a tear in space.
"My Trap, Dimensional Prison! It will banish your Widget Kid from the game!" Tracy explained. A tear in space appeared in front of the Cyberse Monster, attempting to suck the kid-like monster into a different dimension.

"Alright, you're getting into the groove and pulled off a neat move! Well played, sharp like a blade, but so are we and we plan for your life points to fade!" Bob complimented Tracy before tapping his free hand on his duel disk to add a second layer to the rhythm his foot was creating. He had nothing better to do at the moment, but he could at least have fun until it was his turn. Besides, who was he to deny others the joy of being creative? He was relatively safe, and anyone who would attack him would have to get through his monster first.

Widget kid’s sound wave blasts were sucked into the dimensional vortex before it could reach it’s target. Surprised by the sudden rift, Widget kid tried to struggle out, but to no avail. It was inevitably sucked in, disappearing along with the rift.

“Why, you think thats enough to stop our little party? I still have a second widget kid to keep up the beat! That alongside these two face downs!”

Placing two cards facedown, he allowed the remaining Widget Kid to continue blasting out his music to their captive audience. He did a half twirl to the beat, one could tell he wasn’t quite all there. He stopped halfway though it to wink at a camera that was pointing in his direction. It was his foe’s move.

Widget Kid- 1500 ATK, 900 DEF
Facedown monster
2 Cards in the spell/Trap zone.
2 cards in hand.
Life points: 8000

Last edited:
Tracy drew a card to start her turn, before surveying the field once again. Her opponent's Spell and Trap Card Zones were looking pretty full. Three cards face-down, and three monsters on the field. Meanwhile, her and Raikiri only had two monsters on the field and one card-face down.

"I'll activate my Spell Card, Nobleman of Extermination! If will prove to be your, uh... elimination?" Tracy said. A Spell Card rose from the ground in front of Tracy, and a large armored knight with a massive sword emerged from it. It lumbered forward before throwing its giant blade towards Weasel's rightmost face-down card in his Spell and Trap card zone. "This card destroys and removes from play one face-down Spell or Trap Card. And if its a Trap Card, we all have to remove all copies of that trap card from our decks!"

The massive sword swung down on weasel’s right-most spell/trap zone, obliterating a trap card that was concealed. Armory call. Without Weasel’s say so, two cards ejected from his deck and into the banished pile. Weasel gave a pouting face, crossing his arms.

“Well why do you gotta remove all my toys like that? Still though, no matter what you do, this party won’t stop THAT easy!”

With widget kid and two face down monsters, one of which was his and the other being Bob’s, he felt fairly defended from any shenanigans his foe might bring out.

Tracy smiled as Weasel's cards were banished. Three more, good.
"Well, I'll summon D.D. Assailant!" Tracy said, placing another card on her duel disk. A monster card rose from the ground, and emerging from the card was a ninjalike humanoid in white armor with a large sword. It's stats read 1700 ATK and 1600 DEF. Tracy gestured to Raikiri's monster, Gearfried.
"Go, Gearfried! Attack Widget Kid!" Tracy commanded. The Knight nodded before charging towards the kid-like monster.

“Oh no! Whatever will I doooooooooooo.” Weasel feigned surprised, before whipping back with a posh hand on his snickering cheek. “Except this.”

The other trap card was unveiled. Magical arm shield! The arm shield would stretch out toward D.D. Assailant and grab them, putting them directly in the path of gearfriend’s attack. Widget kid wave bye-bye as the monster would be thrust in It’s path.

"You're not the only with a fancy trap card, here is mine and it will hit hard!" Bob revealed his own trap card, Powerhold the Moving Battery. A large mechanical golem with an equally large gun on its shoulder broke the ground as it climbed up from who knows where. "I get to activate its effect too, equipping a Gadget Monster and giving Powerhold its attack times two!" The empty gear-shaped slot in Powerhold's chest got filled by a green humanoid machine that had a large gear on its back, fitting perfectly in the slot. Given it was not Bob's turn yet, he could not attack with it, but it was such a powerful card that he couldn't resist triggering it. Man, that thing totally was worth all those nights babysitting.

Powerhold the Moving Battery- 2800 atk/2000 def
Facedown monster
0 cards face down
3 cards in hand
8000 LP