• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Bandit Keith would be a nice trigger for story, and I already have a deck for him. Hmm, I can work with this. Aight Shen, replace Mai with Bob's deadbeat dad
I gotch yo number

Dahlia
Willow
Tobias
Goule
Weasel (which he'd prolly give away to zack)
Bella
Bob
Lance
Rex Raptor
??? (Shen character)
Mako
Bandit Keith (doesn't pay child support)

I gotch yo number

Dahlia
Willow
Tobias
Goule
Bella
Bob
Lance
Rex Raptor
??? (Shen character)
Mako

Not sure how I feel about Zack being on here, given he's yet to have a single duel in the story XD

Also I think it seems, weird, to mix up some pro duel circuit players with academy kids unless it is the entire gimmick behind it. Like half pros half next gen kinda thing.

Not sure how I feel about Zack being on here, given he's yet to have a single duel in the story XD

Also I think it seems, weird, to mix up some pro duel circuit players with academy kids unless it is the entire gimmick behind it. Like half pros half next gen kinda thing.

To be fair, I don't exactly see Kaiba tier people on the list lol. But I can see it as a way of Kaiba being the egotist he is, saying he begs his students can win against pros

To be fair, I don't exactly see Kaiba tier people on the list lol. But I can see it as a way of Kaiba being the egotist he is, saying he begs his students can win against pros

Then why wouldn't Joey be on the list? If this is based on what Kaiba thinks of his fellow pro duelists XD

But for real I can buy that reasoning. Just at the moment the inclusion of the scare pros seems random. But depends on execution in the RP itself not just a list.

Then why wouldn't Joey be on the list? If this is based on what Kaiba thinks of his fellow pro duelists XD

But for real I can buy that reasoning. Just at the moment the inclusion of the scare pros seems random. But depends on execution in the RP itself not just a list.
Trust me, Bandit Keith's deck has Metalzoa which is just garbage and Mako needs A Legendary Ocean to even play his cards. I get that they are intimidating, but they are not unbeatable

At the very least Legendary Ocean has lots of support by virtue of it being treated as Umi. Metalzoa...not so much. And it's not like Metalzoa's all that strong for how stupid the summoning requirement is either- usually Zoa equipped with Metalmorph is outright better!
Yeahhh, the Metal variants usually kinda suck. Needing a lvl 7 monster on the field only to get a monster with 100 more attack on the field than the equipped monster? Not worth it imo. I could toss in Heavy Metal Raiders, but I think I'll keep Metalzoa for balancing and just write it off as Keith not taking the tournament seriously.

As for Mako, he literally only has 2 level 4 or lower monsters and they are mostly there for discarding them for Legendary Ocean. This will be very fun or very bricky

Trust me, Bandit Keith's deck has Metalzoa which is just garbage and Mako needs A Legendary Ocean to even play his cards. I get that they are intimidating, but they are not unbeatable

I mean personally I think Masked HEROs would bitch slap Keith so it isn't I am scared of the pros, just wonder if taking on those "level" of duelists this soon is a good idea or not.

Then again Jaden & Syrus did defeat the Paradox Brothers in Season 1 and neither were promoted to so much as Ra Yellow so what do I know of the duel tier standards lol

I mean personally I think Masked HEROs would bitch slap Keith so it isn't I am scared of the pros, just wonder if taking on those "level" of duelists this soon is a good idea or not.

Then again Jaden & Syrus did defeat the Paradox Brothers in Season 1 and neither were promoted to so much as Ra Yellow so what do I know of the duel tier standards lol
Oh, Bella would annihilate Keith, no question about that. I'd say Mako is relatively low level, but who else is that has an actual deck and not just 5 cards?

I was under the impression that was Keith lol

and didn't she win like... 2 duels in canon? One of which was unnamed

It appears that she won 3 out of the 5 anime duels (or 2 out of 5, since Yugi could have won but forfeited). And it looks like both her and Bandit Keith held the title of American Duel Monsters champion, but Rebecca is the youngest person to ever hold that title.

It appears that she won 3 out of the 5 anime duels (or 2 out of 5, since Yugi could have won but forfeited). And it looks like both her and Bandit Keith held the title of American Duel Monsters champion, but Rebecca is the youngest person to ever hold that title.
True, although yugi brownie points hardly counts as a victory lol.

Weird how the American duelists have abysmal win rates. Bandit Keith lost to like, a seven year old that didn't know how to duel lol

And she didn't cheat to get the title, which Keith probably did. Also in the original Japanese, Rafael apparently also has that title? It's all very confusing
True, although yugi brownie points hardly counts as a victory lol.

Weird how the American duelists have abysmal win rates. Bandit Keith lost to like, a seven year old that didn't know how to duel lol
In all fairness, the kid got instructions from Pegasus who knew exactly what Keith was gonna do. It's probably an illegal move, but hey. This is Yugioh we're talking about

All right, I think I picked my characters.

Duke Devlin, being one of them. Cause we need more random.

And another new duelist. I gotta choice from three but I can't decide. Either RX, JS, or TT.
Alrighty then, updated:

Dahlia
Willow
Tobias
Goule
Bella
Bob
Lance
Rex Raptor
??? (Shen character)
Mako
??? (captain Character)
Duke Devlin

Let's see how he does with his dice lol lost of luck players