• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
[Apologies for the double post, but here's my character stuff]

Name: Jacques Demois
Height: 6'0"
Personality: Quick-witted, Jacques is suited to thinking on his feet. More improvisational than a planner, the French (Canadian) duelist is a little brash in his rebellious, teenage years. However, he's charming and smart -- friendly and not a bad student in spite of his impatience and penchant for acting out. A big fan of old school detective books and movies, Jacques fancies himself an amateur sleuth in some regards, even having taken up a small "business venture" in helping fellow students find lost or stolen belongings, or even uncover the lies of deceptive friends.
Appearance: Rapidly sprouting into a tall, thin frame, Jacques still doesn't have the body mass to make up for his size; instead, he's more akin to a thin, looming shadow -- with long arms and even longer legs. When he's not wearing his school uniform, Jacques likes to wear a black leather jacket with a hood, and in colder weather, an overcoat on top of that. Even in warm weather he's wearing pants of some kind, often a red or orange color. Jacques's eyes are a wide, murky green, and he sports long, silver-black hair that he ties up into a wild, spiking top-knot.
Class: Ra Yellow -- Jacques performed well enough in his first year to earn a promotion, but is still considered middle of the road.
Year: Second
Signature Card(s): Reasoning Gate: Reasoning (spell card), Monster Gate (spell card), Black Luster Solidier - Envoy of the Beginning (effect monster, 3,000/2,500), Dark Magician of Chaos (effect monster, 2,800/2,600)

Invoked Shaddoll: Aleister the Invoker (effect monster, 1,000/1,800), Invocation (spell card), El Shaddoll Winda (fusion monster, 2,200/800), El Shaddoll Fusion

The former is some janky semi-GOAT fun; the latter is...more modern meta-based, though i didn't do something like...add Pot of Greed or Charity or other broken cards that make the shaddolls just even stronger haha.

Wouldn't worry about that lol we had a guy using frightfurs for a little bit, so modern doesn't matter as much so long as it still abides by the rules.

Love this guy's style, accepted~

Since there's a duel goin' on right now i'll probably hold off on intro'ing my character for a lil bit! Is there anything I should know/keep in mind before I do get into the swing 'o things?
I could try and give a rundown of what's going on right now.

Jira (Kaiju), Tobias (Rock Flip) and Willow (Gladiator Beasts) found a colosseum hidden away on the island and are in a duel with three Obelisks who want to spray paint on the building and are generally just a nuisance.

Lance (Spell stall) and Bella (Masked HERO) are talking outside the card shop after Bella felt weird after talking to Bob (Machine).

Bob (Machine) has gotten Tracy (Penguins) and Dahlia (Trap monsters) to follow him and discover a Kid Cache, an illegal storage made by Weasel the Kid (Prank-Kids) to get back at him for betraying him whilst Bob was still in his little gang.

Maya (Phantasm Spiral) is talking to Kenny (Gaia) and are generally being nerds.

Weasel (Prank-Kids) Braxer, Bix (Goblins) and Zack (Fire beatdown) are bonding over being troublemakers.

There is a tournament coming up that will be broadcasted on TV and some duelists of the school will be chosen. There should be a list of students somewhere in the discussion

I could try and give a rundown of what's going on right now.

Jira (Kaiju), Tobias (Rock Flip) and Willow (Gladiator Beasts) found a colosseum hidden away on the island and are in a duel with three Obelisks who want to spray paint on the building and are generally just a nuisance.

Lance (Spell stall) and Bella (Masked HERO) are talking outside the card shop after Bella felt weird after talking to Bob (Machine).

Bob (Machine) has gotten Tracy (Penguins) and Dahlia (Trap monsters) to follow him and discover a Kid Cache, an illegal storage made by Weasel the Kid (Prank-Kids) to get back at him for betraying him whilst Bob was still in his little gang.

Maya (Phantasm Spiral) is talking to Kenny (Gaia) and are generally being nerds.

Weasel (Prank-Kids) Braxer, Bix (Goblins) and Zack (Fire beatdown) are bonding over being troublemakers.

There is a tournament coming up that will be broadcasted on TV and some duelists of the school will be chosen. There should be a list of students somewhere in the discussion

Thank you this is very helpful! I'm wondering if I should intro Jacques before the tournament, give him a little intro arc or whatever, or if he should make his grand debut in the tournament as a mysterious new entrant. Either way I think works lol.

Damn, was hoping to pull some ghost stuff like rattling chains or possession

Oh well they can def possess people. From the ygo wiki:

"Regardless of their nature, Duel Monster Spirits seem to possess different powers depending on who the monster is. For example, Jinzo and Yubel have the ability to possess people and take on a physical form if they have enough energy. Winged Kuriboh could take Jaden Yuki to another dimension. Brron was capable of performing a ritual using negative feelings to create "Super Polymerization", to name a few."

I guess I misunderstood what you meant by interact haha. But if they're doing ghost shit then ya you're prob good.

I dunno? I mean, Jinzo was only able to possess people because the members of the occult club messed up a ritual and brought him physically into the real world. Yubel was a real strong spirit and got a bunch of energy. Brron was in the spirit world. Plus, I don't know if Tracy is 'in tune' with spirits enough yet lol. WHat did you have in mind?

My idea was decently simple, I have three options in mind. 1: Blowback Dragon opens up the kid cache to make its presence known. 2: Blowback Dragon levitates like a pebble or something. 3: Blowback Dragon makes repeated gun shot noises.

They don't sound like the most serious things in the world and all are common ghost things like levitation or clanging chains. I probably also need to tag @Shen: King of the Mist for legal confirmation

My idea was decently simple, I have three options in mind. 1: Blowback Dragon opens up the kid cache to make its presence known. 2: Blowback Dragon levitates like a pebble or something. 3: Blowback Dragon makes repeated gun shot noises.

They don't sound like the most serious things in the world and all are common ghost things like levitation or clanging chains. I probably also need to tag @Shen: King of the Mist for legal confirmation

Blowback Dragon gets a job in the rap industry doing the "gunshot gunshot gunshot, cash register" noise really well

3: Blowback Dragon makes repeated gun shot noises.

I think you mean... laser noises?!

it's just that most duel spirits in the anime didn't really do that sort of stuff, that I can recall. Jaden's Winged Kuriboh, Chazz's Ojama Trio, Jesse Anderson's Crystal Beasts either weren't able to do that sort of stuff or chose not to. I guess Dark Magician Girl showed up in the real world for that one episode tho, but that was on Duel Spirit day.

I think you mean... laser noises?!

it's just that most duel spirits in the anime didn't really do that sort of stuff, that I can recall. Jaden's Winged Kuriboh, Chazz's Ojama Trio, Jesse Anderson's Crystal Beasts either weren't able to do that sort of stuff or chose not to. I guess Dark Magician Girl showed up in the real world for that one episode tho, but that was on Duel Spirit day.
It's been a hot minute since I watched GX, so I'm just listing off stereotypical ghost things. Speaking of Duel Spirit Day, when is the actual Duel Spirit Day? I honestly can't wait to rub Blowback's existence in Dahlia's face. Bob might be slightly crazy, but not delusional

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Spirits tend to do rather unusual things, even if not touching things such as Jinzo causing a blackout on campus, Dark Magician Girl getting an actual physical body, along with Many MANY possessions, so causing small things here and there on occasion could be something. Since the Ojamas have been seen actually able to interact with Chazz's bed as well as his trash can

Spirits tend to do rather unusual things, even if not touching things such as Jinzo causing a blackout on campus, Dark Magician Girl getting an actual physical body, along with Many MANY possessions, so causing small things here and there on occasion could be something. Since the Ojamas have been seen actually able to interact with Chazz's bed as well as his trash can
So spooky stuff is a go? Awesome, Goule is frothing at the mouth rn