• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's just L's all around. Dahlia had a team victory during the doubles tournament, but it was Elizabeth that did most of the work. Jira and Tobias managed a draw against the raiders since they had to retreat. But... yeah. Jira lost against Noah, Tobias, Willow, and their double opponents; Tracy lost against X, her double opponents, raiders twice and Willow, Dahlia... i think this is the only 1v1 duel Dahlia's had, and she lost that. I think when the raiders came Dahlia beat some off-screen. Lance hasn't dueled in the rp yet. Sooo.... yeah. pretty much L's all around.

But hey. Now all three of my characters have been defeated at least once in under 5 turns.

I think it's just L's all around. Dahlia had a team victory during the doubles tournament, but it was Elizabeth that did most of the work. Jira and Tobias managed a draw against the raiders since they had to retreat. But... yeah. Jira lost against Noah, Tobias, Willow, and their double opponents; Tracy lost against X, her double opponents, raiders twice and Willow, Dahlia... i think this is the only 1v1 duel Dahlia's had, and she lost that. I think when the raiders came Dahlia beat some off-screen. Lance hasn't dueled in the rp yet. Sooo.... yeah. pretty much L's all around.

But hey. Now all three of my characters have been defeated at least once in under 5 turns.
Yikes, that's rough buddy. They need a training arc fast. I edited by the way. You really did not get lucky with my opening hand

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

dahlia did good in the Tournament, drained all the tricks from the enemy. But otherwise uh...yeah not a fantastic record lol. Could change real soon, I can think of something I believe that could help that

Yikes, that's rough buddy. They need a training arc fast. I edited by the way. You really did not get lucky with my opening hand

Yeah, no lol. And what sucks is that she did have some cards that could have counter should she gone second and not first. Dahlia had drawn her one Field Spell, Future Visions (since we playing with the rule of only 1 field spell, would have gotten rid of Pacifis) and Book of Moon. But they had to be discarded by that equip card and Booby Trap E.

Yeah, no lol. And what sucks is that she did have some cards that could have counter should she gone second and not first. Dahlia had drawn her one Field Spell, Future Visions (since we playing with the rule of only 1 field spell, would have gotten rid of Pacifis) and Book of Moon. But they had to be discarded by that equip card and Booby Trap E.
That's just awful luck dude
Lol, I was kinda trying (unconciously) to avoid dueling with Dahlia cause I figured this would happen. Since Tracy's alway getting her butt kicked and Jira's a Slifer, I didn't want Dahlia to get beaten like that either. But here we are lol
Hey, we know Dahlia can beat Maya. We've seen it on duelingbook, so who knows? We could have like a rivalry where the wins are very close together

We need to consider some "scripted" duels here or there to avoid this. So characters don't end up being only "losers"

I know I'm not much one to talk given I'm currently inactive and stuff but I have to mirror this sentiment. Playing out the duels the way we do now is fun, don't get me wrong, but some people will naturally have more experience deckbuilding or playing or whatever. This can lead to funny situations where a Slifer actually consistently duels better than an Obelisk because it's not actually the characters dueling, it's moreso the players dueling.

There's also the issue of some decks just naturally outclassing others- even if we try to keep decks around the same power level, it's moreso a (very rough) estimate, and some decks will still inevitably outclass others. And that's again not even bringing the experience in the actual card game of the RPers into the equation.

productive way to spend my midday break 5/7 would break again

Alrighty, sooo I'm thinking it's about time we start narrowing down how big the tournament roster is gonna be an who is coming. So, (if I recall), OC wise it's gonna be:

Dahlia
Willow
Tobias
Goule
Weasel (which he'd prolly give away to zack)
Bella
Bob
Lance

And the jury is still out on Jira and Tracy

So far that's 8 out of 16 confirmed if I remember correctly. Sound accurate?

That sounds about right. Id give a solid no on Tracy, since in the RP she has won zero duels (not just against players, but against NPCs). Unless you guys wanted to sneak her in somehow or something, but it probably wouldn't be legitimate lol.

As for Jira, ehhhh... He's not that good lol. Probably still known as 'that Slider Red that got OTK'd on the first day of school against another Slifer Red' lol. So I'm okay with just Dahlia and Lance.

Ah okay, that makes sense, and clears a few things up.

Soooo then half of the cast for the tourney roster is gonna be OC's from the school. So that leaves 8 openings of other characters. So this is where we auction them off to see who wants those slots lol.

I know that I'mma nab at least two slots, for Rex Raptor and a new character I'm introducing solely for the tourney, leaving 6 openings

Ah okay, that makes sense, and clears a few things up.

Soooo then half of the cast for the tourney roster is gonna be OC's from the school. So that leaves 8 openings of other characters. So this is where we auction them off to see who wants those slots lol.

I know that I'mma nab at least two slots, for Rex Raptor and a new character I'm introducing solely for the tourney, leaving 6 openings
Hmmmmmmm, possible characters from the anime? Very intruiging. I might go with Mako or Mai to give them a showing that they rightfully deserve

Last edited: