• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I'll try my best to keep up this time.
Anything I should know before I read the 'new' posts?

Spirit week happened, the contest ended up with Willow as the winner.

Lance explained the secret to how duel monsters came from a mysterious asteroid that is lodged in the base of the volcano, sharing it to Tobias and giving him permission to guard it.

Dahlia found a mysterious card, a fusion monster that doesn’t exist, not knowing it’s origins.

Bob met his spirit, blowback dragon via a ritual with Goule

Weasel betrayed Bob, blackmailed him with cold evidence that he fabricated for being the culprit behind the pranks.

Bella was introduced, an obelisk blue with a hero complex that just got the role of being Weasel’s investigation buddy, but is starting to grow suspicious...

So I've had this character in mind for a while, mostly because I wanted to round out the three dorms and the deck is surprisingly fun to play.

Name: Maya Garcia
Height: 5'4
Personality: Maya is an easygoing person who does not take herself too seriously. Whilst the fact that she is in Obelisk Blue is certainly a source of pride, she doesn't want to pass by purely on her class and actually prove that she is strong enough to be in Obelisk Blue. She enjoys a joke from time to time, but she's quick to call out anyone who makes an insensitive joke.
Appearance: Maya has a tanned skin tone, black hair and brown eyes. Her hair is shaved short on the left side and is long on the right side, she has a silver earring in her left ear. When not wearing the standard Obelisk Blue outfit, she wears an orange shirt, denim overalls, and a pair of white sneakers.
Class: Obelisk Blue
Year: First
Signature Card: Phantasm Spiral Dragon, Wyrm, Water attribute, Normal Monster, 2900/2900, 8 stars. Flavor text: A ferocious serpent that was being hunted by Atlanteans. Battle-weary and ragged, it came upon an ancient light, and gained new strength for its battle. With its increased power, it launched an invasion of enemy territory with a renewed assault.

Last edited:

So I've had this character in mind for a while, mostly because I wanted to round out the three dorms and the deck is surprisingly fun to play.

Name: Maya Garcia
Height: 5'4
Personality: Maya is an easygoing person who does not take herself too seriously. Whilst the fact that she is in Obelisk Blue is certainly a source of pride, she doesn't want to pass by purely on her class and actually prove that she is strong enough to be in Obelisk Blue. She enjoys a joke from time to time, but she's quick to call out anyone who makes an insensitive joke.
Appearance: Maya has a tanned skin tone, black hair and brown eyes. Her hair is shaved short on the left side and is long on the right side, she has a silver earring in her left ear. When not wearing the standard Obelisk Blue outfit, she wears an orange shirt, denim overalls, and a pair of
Class: Obelisk Blue
Year: First
Signature Card: Phantasm Spiral Dragon, Wyrm, Water attribute, Normal Monster, 2900/2900, 8 stars. Flavor text: A ferocious serpent that was being hunted by Atlanteans. Battle-weary and ragged, it came upon an ancient light, and gained new strength for its battle. With its increased power, it launched an invasion of enemy territory with a renewed assault.

Ah, explains the deck you showed the other day lol. Accepted!

Name: Zachariah "Zack" Johnson
Height: 5'7 3/4
Personality: A rather abrasive individual. Open and at times seeking confrontation as he tends to never know when to not run his mouth regardless of the situation. A natural rebel who seems almost giddy to resist authority (From small things such as wearing his Slifer Red uniform inside out, to large scale things like punching Crowler in the face which resulted in a suspension his first year) and has a natural confidence about himself. However, it comes with a natural temper as he is easy to get in a huff and once he gets going it becomes near impossible to cool his jets which comes with the headaches one expects.
Appearance: A young man with a short (To which he takes offense to) demeanor but well built frame that has dark skin with short black hair and similarly colored eyes. When not in his usual dorm attire he tends to favor wearing a purple t-shirt under a black open jacket (Complete with green flame skull design on the back) and completes it with a pair of old blue jeans and some tennis shoes.
Class: Slifer Red
Year: Second
Signature Card: Gorlag (4 Star, FIRE, Fiend/Effect. 1000/1000. This card gains 500 ATK for each face-up FIRE monster on the field. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, Special Summon that monster to your side of the field in face-up Attack Position at the end of the Battle Phase. That monster is treated as a FIRE monster, and its effect(s) is negated. When this card is removed from the field, destroy all monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect.)

MONSTER
-Battle Footballer
-Cataclysmic Scorching Sunburner
-Darkfire Soldier #1
-Darkfire Soldier #2
-Fire Kraken
-Flamvell Firedog (x2)
-Flamvell Grunika
-Flamvell Guard
-Gorlag (x3)
-Raging Flame Sprite
-Royal Firestorm Guards
-Solar Flare Dragon (x2)
-Spirit of Flames
-UFO Turtle (x3)

SPELL
-Archfiend's Staff of Despair
-Axe of Despair
-Circle of the Fire Kings (x3)
-Creature Swap
-Final Flame
-Foolish Burial
-Molten Destruction (x2)
-Mystical Space Typhoon
-Sparks
-Swords of Revealing Light
-Terraforming
-Twister

TRAP
-Backfire
-Dust Tornado
-Draining Shield
-Firewall
-Jar of Avarice
-Kunai with Chain
-Ordeal of the Traveler
-Raigeki Break
-Shift

Name: Zachariah "Zack" Johnson
Height: 5'7 3/4
Personality: A rather abrasive individual. Open and at times seeking confrontation as he tends to never know when to not run his mouth regardless of the situation. A natural rebel who seems almost giddy to resist authority (From small things such as wearing his Slifer Red uniform inside out, to large scale things like punching Crowler in the face which resulted in a suspension his first year) and has a natural confidence about himself. However, it comes with a natural temper as he is easy to get in a huff and once he gets going it becomes near impossible to cool his jets which comes with the headaches one expects.
Appearance: A young man with a short (To which he takes offense to) demeanor but well built frame that has dark skin with short black hair and similarly colored eyes. When not in his usual dorm attire he tends to favor wearing a purple t-shirt under a black open jacket (Complete with green flame skull design on the back) and completes it with a pair of old blue jeans and some tennis shoes.
Class: Slifer Red
Year: Second
Signature Card: Gorlag (4 Star, FIRE, Fiend/Effect. 1000/1000. This card gains 500 ATK for each face-up FIRE monster on the field. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, Special Summon that monster to your side of the field in face-up Attack Position at the end of the Battle Phase. That monster is treated as a FIRE monster, and its effect(s) is negated. When this card is removed from the field, destroy all monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect.)

MONSTER
-Battle Footballer
-Cataclysmic Scorching Sunburner
-Darkfire Soldier #1
-Darkfire Soldier #2
-Fire Kraken
-Flamvell Firedog (x2)
-Flamvell Grunika
-Flamvell Guard
-Gorlag (x3)
-Raging Flame Sprite
-Royal Firestorm Guards
-Solar Flare Dragon (x2)
-Spirit of Flames
-UFO Turtle (x3)

SPELL
-Archfiend's Staff of Despair
-Axe of Despair
-Circle of the Fire Kings (x3)
-Creature Swap
-Final Flame
-Foolish Burial
-Molten Destruction (x2)
-Mystical Space Typhoon
-Sparks
-Swords of Revealing Light
-Terraforming
-Twister

TRAP
-Backfire
-Dust Tornado
-Draining Shield
-Firewall
-Jar of Avarice
-Kunai with Chain
-Ordeal of the Traveler
-Raigeki Break
-Shift
Ah, the troublemaker has arrived lol accepted!

Yeah I reckon I'm gonna have to take a wee little break.

Life's been pretty busy rn (internship + thesis since March) so on top of generally being pretty tired, my motivation to do just about anything in my free time has taken a record nosedive. The good news is that Kenny wasn't really doing much in particular barring just kinda exist, so I hope this won't be a huge inconvenience.

To be clear, I'm not planning to drop definitively, but participating atm really wouldn't be fair. Nobody likes having to wait two weeks or more for a response.

My apologies lads.

Look I'm dueling the one person on campus who might do that lol

Also Shen your field

Weasel’s side of the field:
Facedown monster
UFO turtle
Facedown card.

What happened to Messenger of Peace, and when did you play a face down?

thanks for catching that. My brain moves faster than my fingers. And is also more innacurate lol

I came to RP and chill not have existential philosophy.

Bella: What if, none of us are real? What if reality is a sick game played by others we cannot see?

Zack: *Tosses a pillow* Shut up I am trying to nap!
I can't be the only one who really wants a slumber party now, though Goule's bound to make it all depressing and I ain't willing to have that. Underage gambling however, now that I can vibe with

I'd be down for that.

Also want Zack to interact with someone but not sure how to set it up lol
I could have Bob run into him, but that's just begging for Weasel to crack down on both of them. On the other hand, I really want Zack to punch Weasel in the face.

Goule: ...Who wants to do a seance? We can’t party till we die without actually having the dead involved...he he he...
Blowback Dragon: Do I hear Russian Roulette?

Also want Zack to interact with someone but not sure how to set it up lol
Hmmmm Tobias doesn’t care about many people, Weasel is busy, and Bix and Braxer wouldn’t fit. Maybe Goule should?
On the other hand, I really want Zack to punch Weasel in the face.

Weasel: Honestly Bob Ross, your so desperate for a way out you want OTHERS to do it for you.