• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Will You Be My Valentine? (Romance RP)

Johnny looked at Stevey and said, "Yeah." Then he swiftly lifted up his menu to cover his face. "Umm the Oran Berry Salad looks pretty good, " he said. He quickly ordered his meal and looked out the window.

"Yeah, it did." Stevey tilted her head in confusion as she watched the Quilava sitting across from her look out the window. "Everything alright, mate?" she asked, brow now furrowed. "You're not looking too hot." With a tiny chuckle, the Flareon's attention was suddenly taken over by a waitress, who had walked over to their table to take their orders. Stevey told the Salazzle what she wanted, before looking back over to Johnny, letting him speak for himself.

Johnny gave his order and when the Salazzle asked away, he turned to face Stevey and he froze. He cleared his throat and said, "Nothing, just a bit distracted." He looked around the room to examine the restaurant, and to avoid eye contact.
"Um lovely weather we're having today huh." He said trying to get back into his groove. Then he did, "I mean there is a beautiful sky, perfect white clouds, and a bright beatul yellow sun. But of course, all of this beauty seems insignificant compared to yours."
"Perfect that was like by best line yet!" Johnny happily thought to himself he stared at Stevey to see her reaction.

The shiny Flareon cocked an eyebrow high up on her forehead, smirk returning to her face. So this was what Johnny was up to, hm? In that case, she'd have to come up with a good comeback. But what to say...?

Still, Stevey couldn't hide the blush that tinted her brown cheeks slightly pink, and she, too, avoided eye contact by looking down at the now-empty table. "I must admit, the sun has nothing on that fire of yours." Smirk widening at her words, Stevey congratulated herself mentally for coming up with that just about on the spot. "So hot."

By now, she had to hold a paw over her hand to refrain from laughing out loud at this conversation. Where was this going to lead...? All Stevey knew was that she was going to see it to the end.

"That may be true, but," he paused to boost the flames coming out of his head, "does my beauty matter when compared to yours?"
"Booyah!" he thought to himself. "Nailed it!" Then the waitress came with the duo's food in hand and placed it on the table.
"Thank you," he said before taking a bite. "Whatcha think Stevey?" He asked Stevey with his mouth half full.

Stevey couldn't help but tear her eyes away from the table and to Johnny's flames as they raged atop his head. She wasn't sure if the heat she felt in her cheeks was from those or her own increasing body temperature. Before she could reply, though, the Salazzle returned with their meals. Taking a bite of her own, the Flareon smiled over to the Quilava, before swallowing her food, letting herself respond to his question. "It's super-dee-duper good!" She took another bite, humming happily as she savored the taste that filled her mouth. "Yours?"

Zap looked away. "My brother's probably looking for me by this time. See-ya!" Zap said. He walked away. 'She probably doesn't like you... So don't get too irrogant or cocky!' Zap thought. He had left his bag by Kit-Kat. He was already out of sight.

He swallowed and took another bite before answering. "Pretty good." He ate his food quickly, only stopping for the occasional breath. He finished and pushed his empty plate away, and gave a loud burp. "Excuse me," he said laughing,

Perking an ear up at the Pikachu's words, Kit-Kat opened her eyes to see that he was already gone. "I thought he thaid that hith brother left before him..." she wondered out loud, lisp still present. A small object on the ground before her caught her attention next, and Kit-Kat noticed that Zap had left his bag behind. "But he'th already gone... Well, if I see him again, I'll be sure to give this back." The candy had dissolved enough for her voice to return to normal as the Vulpix stood up and grabbed the small backpack, making sure it was zipped up, before slinging it over her shoulders. A shudder crept up her spine for reasons she wasn't sure she wanted to know, but Kit-Kat kept her face neutral as she wandered around, searching for either Stevey and Johnny or Zap.

Of course, Stevey was in the restaurant with Johnny still, so Kagami would have to do some real searching to find them, even if they were sitting by a front window.

The Flareon chuckled as Johnny quickly finished his food. Her own was almost gone as well, so she reached into the fluff of her neck and pulled out her wallet. "I got this," she told the Quilava, before taking another bite of her food. "It was really good, anyway, and I'd feel guilty if I wasn't the one to pay." She placed the leather pouch on the tabletop, continuing with her rapidly-disappearing food.

Dusk sighed as he walked around the village , he felt happy and a little sad that he still didn't have a girlfriend or any friends at that matter, he was a dark type and some people didn't like him. "well maybe the eeveelution are over here..." he whispered and he saw Kit-kat "oh its her?" he whispered as he saw her 'maybe i could go see her' he thought as he walked over to her and he drooped "hmm hello " he said sounding very shy.

A weak voice sounded from behind her, and Kagami turned around to face an unfamiliar Poochyena. "Oh, hello there!" she greeted, smiling lightly at the shy Dark-type. "Who might you be, hm? My name's Kagami, but feel free to call me Kit-Kat, alright?" The Vulpix held a paw out to the Poochyena, green eyes shining in the sunlight. She waited for him to introduce himself, before a thought popped into her head as she remembered the bag on her back. "Hey, you haven't seen a Pikachu around here, have you? He left his backpack, here, with me, and I need to return it to him, but I have no idea where he went!" She chuckled quietly, using a paw to cover her mouth while she did so.

"Let, me help a bit," Johnny said trying to be gentlemen, reaching in his jacket pocket He pulled out a wallet and opened it, only to reveal it was empty. He gave a shrug and said "Maybe on our next date." He said casually, mainly to see how Stevey would take it.

Dusk shook his head " No miss i have not seen a pikachu" he said looking down and at johnny and he sighed " I'm Dusk...sorry if i'm shy i just don't get to meet people a lot because some people are scared of me " he said before he sat down and looked at the backpack "do you want me to go find him and give it to him" he asked

"You can tell me what you want" Malphas added. "Maybe I am very talkative, but that doesn't mean that I can't hear other stories neither. I think you know now a lot of me, so tell me about you!" Malphas sat next to Ooo, willing to know more about her.

Rose saw how Zip was opening the door for her. He laughed a little and went outside. "Well, who are you going to introduce me to?" Continued Rose. She was a little nervous. She was very shy, and knew that her appearance may look a bit imposing to some Pokemon, but she trusted Zip, and knew that he would do as much as he could to make her feeling comfortable.

Stevey couldn't help but laugh as Johnny revealed his empty wallet. Her blush darkened as he mentioned a second date, but she did nothing to hide it. "Yeah, maybe," she winked, looking around the restaurant for the Salazzle waitress.

"Scared of you, hm? Why's that? I don't see anything to be scared of!" Kagami replied, smile widening into a large, genuine one. "Oh, and there's no need to go looking for him. He'll probably come back for it, anyway," she assured the Poochyena.

Dusk started to be a little brave and he sighed " Ok ...hey Miss Kit...do you wanna be my friend i don't have any" he pouted and laid down next to her, having no attention to flirt or try to date her at the moment because he didn't know her at all. " I'm Dusk Miss" he smiled at her.

"Do you wanna be my friend? I don't have any."

These words snapped Kit-Kat's heart in half. That's just awful! This couldn't be due to his typing, could it? The Vulpix put a reassuring paw on his shoulder, smile ever present. "Of course, Dusk! I'd love to be your friend!" She moved her paw to his head, patting it a few times before jumping up and leaping about a few times, looking around the Amour Area like a child. "Where should we go, though? I'm fine with anywhere!" she called back to Dusk, looking back to him for a moment to show him the smile that had not faltered from her face.

"Hopefully, well if you want too." Johnny said, becoming unnaturally quiet. He looked at Stevey, and didn't even move when the Salazzle picked up their plates. He looked at her eyes trying to catch them.

Stevey watched the Salazzle take the money she had left out along with their plates, feeling Johnny's own boring into the side of her head. "Thank you so much!" she said to her, before turning back to the Quilava, face now redder than before. "I don't see why not. This has been nice!" Stevey's smile returned, and she winked a grey eye at Johnny, tongue poking out of her mouth slightly. She then grabbed her wallet, which the Salazzle had kept on the table, and stuffed it back into her fluff, only looking away from Johnny for a moment to do so.

"Yeah, it has been nice," he said grinning. "Do you wanna go do something?" He asked nervously. He looked around, and saw the sun was starting to touch the horizon. "Unless of course you think it's to late." He added.

Zap walked into Zip. "Zip! Sorry," Zap said. He rubbed the back of his head. "Hey bro! Rose, this is my brother, Zap!" Rose said. "Hey bro, where's your bag?" Zip asked. "My bag? My bag! I don't have it!" Zap exclaimed he rushed off.

Ooo spent some time talking to Malphas. "My parents are a Gengar couple. I was adopted if you couldn't tell," Ooo explained.

Rose stood in front of Zap too. "He... Hello, Zap. I'm Rose, nice to meet you". Then, she heard their conversation. "Hey Zip, maybe we... Left in in the restaurant. We could go now. Better late than never, don't you think?" She said, looking to the sky, as she saw the sun setting.

Malphas stood next to Ooo, listening to her story. "Well... At least you had parents. It's not my case, but I know other Pokemon that were born from unhatched eggs. They had a very difficult life too. Ups... Sorry for interrupting. Please, continue". Said Malphas, realizing that he was talking too much again.

"The sun's only starting to set, mate!" Stevey replied, standing from her seat and looking out the widow at the now warm-colored sky. "I'd love to go do something else with ya!" She led Johnny out of the restaurant, holding the door open for him with a paw, before walking through the village, looking around at all the different shops. "But where to go...?" she asked nobody in particular, biting her lower lip as she searched for a new activity. "Anything tickling your fancy?" For a moment, Stevey looked over to Johnny, head tilted slightly.

"I don't know, I'd think I'll let the lady decide." He said grinning widely. "We could explore the town, go shopping, or maybe watch the sunset?" He suggested.

A great yawn stretched Stevey's mouth open wide, and she held up a paw to cover it, glancing down the street of the village. "As great as something active sounds right now, I'm not sure I'm up for it, actually. Sleep just hit me like a truck," she replied to Johnny, smirking slightly. She began to walk down the street, near the exit of the village, the entrance to the Amour Area. "I gotta admit, that sun looks really pretty. I wouldn't mind watching it set, honestly." Her movements were now slow and sluggish, and the Flareon had to keep shaking her head in order to keep herself awake as she walked. Maybe going to bed late last night wasn't such a good idea...

Stevey found a nice, grassy spot near the place where the shiny thing was before. Now that the sun was nearly gone, it, too, had disappeared, but she didn't pay it much attention. Sitting down, she looked back to Johnny, moving her paint-tipped tail away from its place by her side so he could take a seat next to her now-laying form. "Dang..." she mumbled, looking up to the sky, "I love these colors. Beautiful..."

Johnny sat down beside her. "Yeah, beautiful," he said looking at her. He turned his head and said, "My dad always told me that the sun symbolizes your life. When the sun sets, and you think it's over you're rewarded with a billion twinkling stars. Like when you think that you are stuck in a hole, something good will always come of it" Johnny leaned closer to Stevey until he was brushing against her fur. He stifled a loud yawn.

Looking up to Johnny for a moment, Stevey's smile widened. "Really? That's pretty profound of him, and it makes sense, too. Your dad must be pretty smart!" She could feel the Quilava brush against her fur, which caused her to close her eyes and emit a quiet purr. "I love sunsets," she admitted, gaze once again set on the horizon. "They're just so gorgeous and pretty and I love them!" The Flareon giggled lightly. "Kit does, too. I feel kinda guilty for leaving her in the dust like that, but not too guilty. After all, she was the one who said it was fine!" Again, Stevey looked up to Johnny, grey eyes shining in the fading sun. "After this, though, where do we go? There must be a hotel nearby or something, right? 'Cuz I'm pretty butt-tired."

Dusk looked down and he just smiled "yay i have a friend " he said and he hugged Kat "thank you..." he said before he let go of her "hmm how about we just walk i think that would be fun and relating " he said smiling at her. "so Kit-kat how are you now" he blushed and he looked forward " so Kit-kat where are you from " he asked with a small smile on his face. "i live not far from the village ....in a small cave a found and cleaned out and put my stuff in there to make it homely but it still is lonely " he sighed

Kagami returned the hug full-force, smile growing, if that was even possible. "No problem, mate! Anytime!" She continued hopping about, still unsure of where to go. "Yeah, okay. Walking sounds good." The Vulpix nodded, glancing over to the setting sun for a moment. "I have to say that I'm doing pretty great, even if I just walked for at least a few miles. See, I'm from Kalos, and getting here wasn't very easy, to say the least!" she admitted, grinning sheepishly. Kit-Kat stayed quiet as she listened to Dusk tell her about his home. "Ooph," she replied, ears drawn back, "that's rough. You're bound to find someone soon, though, at this rate, in sure of it!"

Dusk blushed deeply but stayed calm and collective " Yeah i know i can find someone i can live with " he said before he looked at her again " Your really nice and kind ...thank you for being that why" he said nuzzling her side a little "I'm from Unova but i just moved her a few days so i hardly know anyone and those who know me are scared." he smiled

Johnny gave a faint smile. "I have an idea, follow me," he said walking towards the forest. He entered a large clearing, with long grass and a perfect view of the stars. He laid down ad looked up at the sky. "It's a perfect spot, i found when i was wandering around," he said aloud.

"Aw, you're so sweet, Dusk!" Kagami cooed, closing her eyes as the Poochyena nuzzled into her side. "I still don't fully understand why people are afraid of you, though, especially if you just got here... but hey, you have me! That's good, right?" She chuckled awkwardly, having already answered her own question based off of Dusk's mannerisms.

Stevey's eyes widened Johnny said he had an idea and led her into a clearing. From here, the two could perfectly see the night sky, and the Flareon could've sworn she had never felt so much awe at any other time before then. "Wh-Whaaat?" she asked through an exasperated sort-of laugh, eyes glued to the scene above her as she laid down once again, this time on her back. "This is insane, mate! Holy Arceus!" Disregarding the fact that this place didn't answer her previous question, Stevey let the tiredness she felt take over as she lay, not quite asleep just yet, watching the sky for the first sign of stars.

Dusk nodded and blushed once he noticed what he did to her "I'm sorry for the nuzzle i was just showing that i was thanking you " he said blushing slightly. when Kagami said her question , he just nodded and hugged her again , a lot tighter this time then last. "Yes Kagami thats good" he said before pulling away and looking a lot happier than before " hey Kagami wanna maybe go to a friendly dance i heard anyone could go " he said smiling, not knowing that the dance was only for couples.

"Nah, nah, it's fine, it's fine!" Kit-Kat repeated, chuckling yet again. "There's absolutely nothing to be sorry about! I love meeting new people and making them happy, anyway!" She smiled a toothy smile, closing her eyes as her pearly whites shone in the fading sunlight. Once she was engulfed in another, tighter hug, the Vulpix's green eyes shot open, only to soften after a moment and close for a second time. She pulled away from Dusk, tilting her head as he asked her a question. "A friend dance, huh? I should really be looking for Stevey... but I suppose a dance or two wouldn't hurt. Yeah, I'll go! I just dunno where it is, so you have to lead me there, alright?"

"Hey Stevey, how about we head to a dance in town." Johnny sugessted staring at the stars. "I mean, I don't want this night to end so soon" He turned his head and looked at Stevey as she laid.

The Flareon's ears twitched, and Stevey picked her head up at the mention of a dance, eyebrows furrowed. She was surprised this dance wasn't advertised anywhere- if it was, she would've seen it, no doubt. Rolling onto her side, Stevey picked herself up, yawning once again. "A dance, huh? Sounds cool! Maybe it'll wake me up, 'cuz I wouldn't mind prolonging the night, either." With a warm smile- both literally and figuratively, since her body temperature was fairly high at the moment- the shiny stretched and looked back up to the stars for a moment. "We have to remember this place, though. It's too good to forget!" she exclamined, walking to where she assumed the dance would be taking place, slowly, so Johnny could walk alongside her and correct her if she was going the wrong way.

Last edited:
Dusk nodded and he shook his head "Oh nvm i guess if you want i could help you look for her" he asked and he yawned " i love meeting new people as well" he said and he yawned " Hmm so who's this stevey " he asked and he walked with her " Kit-kat have you ever meet a shiny?" he asked looking at his tail, it was the shiny color of his shiny form but he really wasn't shiny.

"Stevey's a shiny Flareon and my best friend! We have a lot in common, like our craziness and junk. I guess that answers your other question, too, huh?" Kit-Kat replied to Dusk, looking over to him for a moment, a half-smirk on her face, before she noticed something. "You don't seem like a shiny, yet your tail is... How is that possible, and how did I miss that?" With an exasperated chuckle and shake of the head, the Vulpix continued walking to the unknown location of the dance, an ear drawn back so she could head Dusk clearer.

Dusk chuckled "oh well when i was little my dad was shiny and my mother was not and some how when i was born my fur was opposite than a normal pokemon and my tail and ears were shiny." he said and he looked her up and down " Your not shiny ether huh?" he asked chuckling at her " you know your really a cute pokemon " he whispered and he saw the dance place "oh there the place" he said pointing to it.

Johnny walked along with Stevey. "We should be coming up soon. It's near the restaurant. I saw a sign outside the restaurant earlier." Johnny explained. "It was all a surprise, the amazing Johnny strikes again. Huzzah!" Johnny happily cried out. He laughed jogged a little faster, "I'll race you there, it's right by the restaurant!"