• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you playing?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Currently playing Guild Wars 2. I usually shy away from this kind of game, what with my anti-social tendencies, but I have to say I'm really enjoying it... especially now that they released a Mac client, even if it is only a beta at the moment :)

I be a Charr Ranger named Kyarr Trueflight and I'm currently level 28. I have a cute little Fern Hound as my Ranger pet, just because ♥

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Bumping~

Thanks to a certain fellow named Bal, I'm back into Diablo 3. Some nice new additions to the gameplay (Paragon Levels ♥) it feels much less about hunting for gear, even though it still is really about that. Gaining levels again just makes it feel more worthwhile. Also may it be noted that Bal, KoL and I kick serious demon bottom~

Just hit 80 on my first Guild Wars 2 character! C: I then started a new Sylvari guardian, she's pretty neat~

Also still up to my ears in Skyrim (my new house armor looks LOVELY, thank you very much), and I have Oblivion queued up for Thanksgiving break because otherwise I will just fail out of school.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Over the past week I've played a bit of Bastion, lots of Pokemon White 2, and the first Skylanders game on 360. Now that we've finished with Skylanders, myself and my sissy have started in on Skylanders Giants. I picked it up for my 11 year old sister as a birthday present and she's been a lot more excited to play it than I expected.

Apparently this sequel is shorter than the original game but I'm fine with that. There's really only so much you can do in a top-down beat 'em up game like Skylanders, and half the fun is swapping between the various toys anyways. I bought several new Skylanders for my sister and a lightcore Drobot for me, because Drobot. ♥

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Currently playing an eclectic mix of games: Firstly, playing through Rage for the first time, levelling a Horde Hunter in World of Warcraft, and of course playing Pokémon White 2. I've also been playing Ocarina of Time 3D when not playing any of the others.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Wii, I'm only in a temple on the first continent. I hate those giant tarantulas that hang from the ceiling.

Also, I'm playing Call of Duty, but not the new ones; Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops , as I never reached Prestige mode in either.

Playing through Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light again, it's one of my favorites. It sucks how they make it extremely difficult to obtain gil(you don't even get any from slaying monsters, you have to either find it in a chest, sell something, or complete a task), but I like the AP battle system and the upgradeable crowns, which is its "job" system, but with a cool hat. The abilities get steadily better as you upgrade, with final abilities like Finale, Magic Might, Miracle, Elemental, etc. Also, the story line's alright, and the music is epic, especially the boss battle themes.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since getting the Wii U on Sunday I've been playing some New Super Mario Bros. U and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. NSMB U's alright but Sonic's latest racer is loads of fun. Mario Kart 7, eat your heart out.

Back to my mod filled Skyrim :3 Love having alternate starts to the game, the typical one was unnecessarily tedious. Also thanks to a hair pack my character looks absolutely adorable.

I freakin' love making cute and adorable male Bretons :3

But yeah when I'm playing I actually voice my character and act out what he would do. I know it may seem crazy but it actually adds to the playing experience :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still rotating between all of the same games mentioned in my previous post, but I've also started playing Paper Mario: Sticker Star as well. My relationship with this game is very much a love/hate one. It has so many great things going for it, yet several very lousy (if not broken) design choices too. If you've been interested in the game, do yourself a favour and read up about it first. It's worth playing if you can look past the flaws but sadly you'll notice the flaws very early on...

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Currently playing Ocarina of Time 3D. Really enjoying the updated graphics and targeting system so far. Just finished the Water Temple and picked up the Fire Arrows, on my way to grab the Mask of Truth next.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Linkachu said:
Mario Kart 7, eat your heart out.
In Mario Kart 7's defense, it's not that good of a game. Especially after Mario Kart DS was the best in the entire series.

Lately I've been playing a good amount of Megaman x Street Fighter. It was only after starting it that I realized I suck at Megaman. I remember beating various Megaman games when I was a kid, but geeze are these Boss fights hard. O.o

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Completed OoT in 3 days, didn't do too many sidequests but beating Ganon by rolling under his legs seems cheap and hilarious at the same time. Moved on to Kingdom Hearts 3D, at Fantasia-land now.

Been playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3 version). At a glance, it didn't seem like it would be that good, but, after hearing all the positive reviews it got, I decided to check it out, and... wow! It's the best racing game I've played in ages! Even though it does try to appeal to longtime Sega fans, which I'm not (though admittedly, one of the things that grabbed my attention was the inclusion of Vyse, the main character of Skies of Arcadia, which is still one of my favorite RPGs to this day), it's still really good on its own merits.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Been playing two digital games lately: Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (PSN) and Trine 2 on Wii U. I'll likely be starting into Scribblenauts Unlimited, which I received as a Christmas prezzie for Wii U, at some point this evening too.

However, the game I've been playing the most this holiday is Pokemon White 2. All of the post-story stuffs is keeping me busy! I never would've thought that revisiting the old locations would take so long to go through.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Right now I'm currently playing a lot of TES V: Skyrim, having logged nearly 30 hours in under a week. The fact that I can mod it to oblivion and back kinda helps there. :p

I've also been playing a few other games I picked up in the Steam sale: Total War: Shogun 2, FTL: Faster than Light, and Bastion. I've also gotten Dungeon Defenders, Company of Heroes from Humble Bundle 7 and the THQ Humble Bundle, respectively.

Welp. Now the Christmas Holidays are all done and dusted, its back to StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta for me. Ask me for my stream link if you want to see me in action!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Not played Age of Mythology for ages due to Mountain Lion not being back-compatable with it. However, one small partition later and the small part of my Mac now running Snow Leopard again means I can play it. So...

Now playing AoM ♥

Currently playing black ops 2, as well as Cave Story (which, although for the time being I have no idea what im doing, is still a great game ^^; )

Magpie said:
Not played Age of Mythology for ages due to Mountain Lion not being back-compatable with it. However, one small partition later and the small part of my Mac now running Snow Leopard again means I can play it. So...

Now playing AoM ♥

You're welcome for the idea ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Currently most avidly playing Pokemon Black 2 and, as of today, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I'm two and a half hours into the latter and it's a frelling gorgeous game. Me thinks I'm going to enjoy it muchly. :)

I've been taking it really slow with Black 2, but only because I've been busy with many things. I finally took on Skyla, only to find that she was easier to beat in this than in White. A total pushover.

I also picked up Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness again, and have been playing through it at a rapid rate. I'm already in Cipher Key Lair, battling my way to the roof. I'm using my old favorites Houndoom, Ampharos, and Ursaring, as well as Ariados, which I haven't tried. I chose Vaporeon for my Eeveelution just because I wanted a Water-Type that wasn't Spheal or Carvanha. I also have a system of having one Shadow Pokemon on my team at all times; right now, it's Shadow Zangoose, and he's getting close to purification.

I'm also doing some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky post-game stuff, as I grew bored with that game before, but I now wish to see what happens afterwards. I just got Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii, but I haven't gotten very far. I need to pick Skyward Sword back up again, once I get the time.

Anarchy Reigns because its an incredible game.
Would have paid full price for it but I cant complain about a 30€ launch. Other games should adapt that.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Demo.
Its just a single demo and I'm playing it for the fifth time. Amazing gameplay, as expected from Platinum and it puts the horrible Devil May Cry reboot to shame.
Gameplay is stellar, codecs and setting fit Metal Gear perfectly.
Cannot wait for this game to get released.

Also played Dragon Quest V which is great but I stopped when I got to the part where I need to pick a wife. Cannot decide.

On the side I am playing SF4, SFA2 and maybe a bit King of Fighters. I got a new arcade stick and I gotta break it in.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Having resisted Minecraft for so long, I'm now giving it a go. Blame NidoRich, I do :V

So my first impression wasn't so good, as I spent a rather hellish first night in a space no bigger than me, having had to build round myself in panic as night swiftly set in. Being a total girl I spent the daylight time looking for a pretty place to build in :V Obviously because I just bricked myself in I couldn't see anything, but all I could hear was some sort of horrible slurping noise. Turned out to be a spider that launched itself at me the second I unblocked myself. Screamed a little, but killed it. I then took an arrow to the face from what turned out to be a skeleton with a bow and arrow :V In my attempt to flee from this I fell down a hole and died. Marvellous experience from beginning to end xD

But I did find a chicken. This shall be my downfall, as all I know want to do is gather all the chickens and keep them to collect their eggs. I hope I can eat the eggs because that means I won't have to go around killing animals all the time xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
On top of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Pokemon Black 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and the odd play session of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, I finally booted up my PS3 copy of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale yesterday and played a good hour or two.

First impressions? I'm glad I only paid $29.99 for the game and not the original price tag. I tried to keep an open mind going into it, and the game is fairly decent, but pretty much every criticism I've heard against PlayStation All-Stars was bang on. I only heavily know 7-8 characters on the roster (and I've owned and played Sony consoles since PSX), the game's various menus and selection screens are very bland, much of the game's music is unmemorable (particularly its original scores), and the emphasis on building up your super moves verses more typical battle mechanics truly does make it hard to gauge whether you're winning or losing. When playing through story mode I couldn't even tell if I was winning against the final boss or just my wasting time because he had no damage meter. It's very disorienting.

I'll likely pick up PlayStation All-Stars again at some point but I'm in no rush to do so. As much as I'm trying to avoid the comparisons, playing it just made me want to play more SSB Brawl. :'|

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I've been spending a lot of time playing Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (which I likely mentioned last time I posted), and some more Mario Tennis: Open. Haven't bought any new games for awhile as I'm getting some for my birthday, so my attention is largely on Layton. It's defo the best 3DS game I've played for the 3D effect. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Tossing Fire Emblem: Awakening onto my current playlist. A friend purchased it for me as a late Christmas present and I've only played about 20 minutes of the game so far but I can't wait to really dive into it (hopefully over the weekend). I adored the demo and have heard nothing but good things about the game as a whole. :)

King of Lucario said:
Currently playing Mega Man 7.

So far the game is being made my bitch.
Just you wait until you get to the Wily capsule.

Currently playing Metal Gear Revengeance.
Not much to say, its goty easily. I cant think of anything bad about this game except for one horrible character that pops up in the story. But then he allows you to cut him in half so all is good.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Far too much Sim City. The game is radically different from its predecessors in a lot of ways (which, combined with the online focus, is causing no end of nerd rage online) - though I'd say all these changes are for the best (including the online) and really add something genuinely new and enjoyable to the game - but one way it has remained exactly the same is how you can begin playing it and in no time at all, the entire day has disappeared from you.

I'm playing Half Life 2. I finished Half Life a few weeks ago and was blown away despite the aged graphics - when the game came out the computer my family had simply couldn't handle it, so I missed out on one of the most influential and groundbreaking games to come out during my time as a gamer. I'm glad I'm finally catching up.

I've been watching my flatmate play Revengance - I really like it, even though my complete lack of ability with a controller means I'm unlikely to play through it myself. I like how unashamedly political the Metal Gear series is and the odd philosophical conversations that are sprinkled throughout the game.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I appear to have some sort of ridiculous obsessive-compulsive trait when it comes to games. I play the same game - only one - until either I'm bored of it, or have finished it. Of course, it helps if it's a game with DLC or add-ons of some sort.

Since May 2012, I have played Oblivion. Oh sure, I've been playing Rock Band when friends come round, and short puzzle-y games on my 3DS, but Oblivion is the only game I've sat down and played for hours on end.

I had a brief burst of Mini Ninjas when I got frustrated with Oblivion a couple of weeks ago, and got the rest of the "G"s for it. (Gamerpoints? Those achievements on Xbox Live). Then I went back to Oblivion.

I've finally set Oblivion down because I've managed to do that obsessive thing I do where I turn a fun game into a chore. Hrm. Now I'm playing... Skyrim!

Feel free to laugh at me. I know I laugh at myself.

Currently playing Sanic and Allstars racing and Monster Hunter 3U.

Sanic racing is surprisingly good, imo the best of its kind. Someone gifted it to me on steam and I get quite some enjoyment out of it.
Game features BD.Joe from Crazy Taxi so thats always great.
Loads of fanservice for Sega fans and also Wreck it Ralph for some reason. PC players get exclusive characters like Football Manager. Why?

Playing the 3DS version of Monster Hunter, as I dont have the money for a WiiU right now. Online can wait, hunting monsters cant.
This game is just amazing. Enough content to keep me occupied for 200+hours. The definite Monster Hunter game in my opinion.

I also bought the CPP XL for my 3DS XL and its the best purchase I did in months.
That thing is great. It turns my 3DS into a handheld that I actually enjoy using. No more handcramps and other annoyances. It feels like a proper gamepad now and I love it. I will keep on using it for all the other games.
This thing actually made me consider buying other grip expansions for my other handhelds. I didnt believe that a bit of plastic can make such a difference.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Bought the new Tomb Raider for Xbox on a whim at work on Saturday and I'm enjoying it so far. The gameplay took a bit of getting used to and such, but once I got hold of my bow all was well and it's a really smooth game in terms of story and action. I've only jumped out of my skin like a billion times already, what with my jumpy nature and all and the upgrades in skills is a nice touch.

I don't even mind the fan-service side of things, aka any chance they get to show ass/cleavage is well and truly taken and then taken again for good measure, but what the hell, it wouldn't be Tomb Raider without it! xD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Anyone who's been in chat recently will know I'm currently playing the marvel of design known as Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders.

It's a pile of shit and the only reason I'm still playing it is because I seem to enjoy playing shit games.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Currently...
I've been playing my way through Batman: Arkham City on the Xbox 360 and if I'm not glued to that,
I'm playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep on my PSP.

Recently...
[Xbox 360]
Eternal Sonata
Devil May Cry 4
Resident Evil 6

[PSP]
Persona
Dissidia [duodecim] 012
DarkStalkers Chronicle