• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed [Under Construction] Outcasts(Official Reboot)—Discussion

I can see this one of three ways:
We cut to the other outcasts meeting up with the first group

The other outcasts find their way to the mansion after we get there

We wait awhile to introduce the other outcasts

Introducing the second batch now (in the middle of the path to the mansion), though, would be a fairly awkward scenario, as there’s no previous context of there being another batch on the way.

@DeprivedSpartan
Honestly, I have no idea why you put a break inbetween the group leaving the cave and arriving at the cabin; there’s not much to do inbetween.
Character development.
Also, I did this so that we can have the second batches arrival before arriving at the cabin.
Besides, they're very close now.
Introducing the second batch now (in the middle of the path to the mansion), though, would be a fairly awkward scenario, as there’s no previous context of there being another batch on the way.
Does there need to be? I thought the second and first batches would happen upon each other by chance?

Like I said, I’m looking at it as a novel - some of the things in my head don’t make sense in practice. I also feel it’s just a bit too early to introduce the 2nd group...
I couldn’t tell you why. Just a gut feeling. Again, though, novel POV.

The way I see it, is we leave the group traveling through the woods, introduce the second batch, have their escape arc, then switch back to the first batch arriving at the Lake Mansion, having them set up there while the second batch does whatever is planned for them just after.
Like you, I'm thinking about this like a novel. Which means we need to put the first batches storyline on hold, until after batch two has been introduced.
Returning to the first batch for them to already have the place set up isn't as interesting as returning to them when they discover the Lake. I dunno, just how I'm seeing things right now.

It does feel quite early, and why would the government just decide to drop off a second batch if they are still looking/hunting for the old one? It would just seem like they are giving us strength over them at this point. And, it would be even harder to explain why a second batch would show up, because the government would take extra care over their new prisoners-- especially because they just messed up with our group.

It does feel quite early, and why would the government just decide to drop off a second batch if they are still looking/hunting for the old one? It would just seem like they are giving us strength over them at this point. And, it would be even harder to explain why a second batch would show up, because the government would take extra care over their new prisoners-- especially because they just messed up with our group.
Who said they were 'dropping off' anyone?
Prison transfer,
Newly captured,
There's a lot of possibilities.

The way I’d set this up would be their escape arc as the prologue. That way, there can be a smoother transition and we won’t have to struggle to juggle two different scenarios at once and/or put anything from the first group on pause.

Maybe have them slip in bits and pieces of their details of escape when they’re introduced and while they interact with the original Outcasts? That could help more than jumping to a totally different area with unused characters.

I might be a bit late on this, but I was thinking that we have the second group of Outcasts get rescued by members of our group that we already have. Like after we get to the cabin, Quickdraw and a few others go out to survey the area, and catch a convoy taking another set of Metas. This time, we sneak them out, without alerting the guys driving the trucks, so they can sneak off, and then be brought to the rest fo the group.

Also, not getting alerts. :p