• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Very Best - Pokemon Academy

Casys pulled out his tablet and began his work. Shiver was constantly bothering him, pawing at his shirt. After a while it got distracting so Casys returned her to her Poke Ball.

"I heard that," said Mr. Conebridge glancing up. "You're not going anywhere. You can battle during your free time." And then he looked back down at his laptop and contained to work.

Zander got up and turned in his assignment. "Here you are sir. Since I finished my assignment can I go check on my Wartortle? He ran outside earlier and I havent seen em in awhile." he went cold from asking the question. Please dont scream.... he thought

Roll's gonna end up getting me in trouble, Casys thought. He continued to work, researching the types of moves Artemis could learn and how he could incorporate them into a strategy with Shiver and Glace. If Artemis used...no, that wouldn't work when coupled with Shiver's...maybe if Glace did that...would Artemis be able to get there in time? Yeah! If Shiver...then Fomantis could use Razor Leaf and...then Shiver could Hex her opponent...of course!

Finally, after what seemed like ages, the bell rang. Casys let Glace out of his Poke Ball, giving him a reprieve from him "time-out" after the incident with the electrical socket. "We have to go check on Artemis before Mr. Jenning's class," he said to the Joltik.

"Oh never mind, have a good day Mr. Conebridge" Zander yelled before running outside. "Okay now where could he be?" Zander asked himself. He headed to the regular training spot where he found nothing. "Where is h-" Zander was cut off by a loud rumble moving towards him. "What is that...." he said in shock

"Sorry Roll," Casys said, zooming past, "But I have Pokemon History in five minutes and have to check on my other Pokemon." Casys walked up the stairs (safety first) and to his room. Casys found that Artemis was doing fine on her own. She had hopped off the windowsill and was busying herself by looking at the pictures in his Pokemon Care textbook. "Are you hungry, Artemis?" Casys asked her. She turned to him, shook her head, and pointed under the bed with one of her sickles. He got down and looked under the bed. My Gummy Wurmples! "Do you wanna spend the rest of the day with me, Artemis?" Casys asked her. He didn't want her to do anything else that would adversely affect his snacking habits. She nodded, and Casys picked her up, walking out of thee room. Locking the door behind him, Casys walked down the stairs and was just passing the main doors when he heard a loud rumble coming from outside. I wonder what that could be.

Flame walked out of his class when the bell rang. As he made his way to his next class, Flame heard a loud rumble. "What's making that loud rumbling?" he said. Pikachu replied wondering about it too, "Pikachu?"

Zander could just make out a large mass moving towards him. "War!" he heard in the distance. "Leo! Im coming!" Zander sprinted off, Whats that? he squinted trying to make it out. Finally Leo reached him, but he noticed three Onix's running at him. "Leo.....how!!?!?" Zander asked in shock. He snapped back into reality. "C'mon out guys!" he released Flash and Terra. "Flash, Teleport behind them and send a blast of Psychic energy there way! Terra, you use Razor Leaf and Leo, use Water Pulse!" Leo looked at Zander concerned. "I know we havent perfected it but its gotta work, now go!" with that Flash appeared behind the Onix's. Simultaneously all three pokemon fired there attacks. "Ooooooniiix!" the angered pokemon yelled as they were sandwiched between attacks, causing a large dust cloud to appear. Zanders eyes were screwed shut. Im dead im dead im dead im dead he thought. He slowly opened his eyes to see the Onix's laying in a pile on the ground, fainted. "Thank Arceus!" Zander yelled as he plopped down to rest. "Is everyone okay?" all his pokemon gathered in a line nodding in approval. "Leo keep up the energy but never do THAT again.." Leo sweat dropped at the comment. "Warwar!" he agreed.

Last edited:
Kat had only woken up when the bell rang.
She had slept through all of class..
How did no one notice? She quickly left, her Pokemon trailing behind her, and went to the next class, hoping she wouldn't be confronted about this. She heard a rumbling, but was too distracted to think much of it. She was the first one to arrive, and she quickly sat down.

Airalyn quickly walked over to her next class. She felt embarssed as she didn't really listen to anything the professor said in Trainer History. She was thinking about what professor Cedar said. What could the gift be? She walked in her next class and sat down. She couldn't get distracted in this class.

Roll had let torchic wornder off to some some pokemon."Be carefull"
said Roll as he sat down for a while "i hope its okay" he thought.

Zander shakily entered his second class looking more restless than ever, his pokemon were put away. "Ah......safety of class....." he said before clumsily and almost comically stumbled to i seat. Man Leo's gonna get me killed one of these days! Eh......he's probably worth it. Zander thought to himself while laying his head down on the table.

"Okay settle down," said Professor Cedar, ushering students to their seats. "Mr. Jenkins wont be joining us today, he's sick."

Zak smiled. Mr. Jenkins was boring. Today was gonna be way more enjoyable.

"So does anyone know who beat the Kanto Champion Blue in 1996?" Professor Cedar asked the class.

Flame sat in his next class, waiting for it to start. He thought about which Pokemon he should catch next. He thought about it until class started.

""Correct, now where did he spend the next years training?" Proffesor Cedar asked again.

"Mount silver," Zak said.

"Correct, now can anyone tell me why the champion go into training, right after he became champion?" Professor Cedar asked.

"Well would you stop trying just because you've reached your goal?" Zander set up. "No, you would set new goals. Always become stronger, because you never know who will challenge you next." Zander realized he was shouting and slowly lowered his head. woops..... he thought.

Last edited:
"Yes, but also, in this world there are many strong trainers. To be the best, it's not something simple. There will always be someone who's better. If you slack off, then you'll never be the best." the Professor said.
"And in this class we will learn about these trainers who shaped this way we battle and train. Please open your books and read the first Chapter involving Professor Oak, we will have a disscuaion afterwards."

Zander opened his book and slid down in his chair turning bright red. Man....I hope I didnt sound to preachy....all the professor did was restate what I said...... Zander thought grumpily

Zak read the chapter. It wasn't a crazy intense chapter. it just mentioned some information about Professor Oak and what he's done for Pokemon Trainig. It was pretty easy and he was done within 10 minutes.

Zander had finished reading and sat there chewing the end of his pencil. So....the northern tip of the island, wonder what we're gonna run into. he had a daydream about the intense training he and Casys would go through along with there pokemon in order to get more powerful. Just then a thougth popped into his head, a thought that he was surprised he hadnt had before. What will the final exam be? Will we battle for the win? Will it be a battle of minds to see who knows the most? Or will it be combination of the two... he hadnt even noticed how much time passed before he popped back into reality. "Hm....."

Airalyn listened to Professor Conebridge drone on about battling techniques. She wasn't very interested in this topic, but she wrote notes anyway.

"What is the gift?" She muttered under her breath

Flame was taking notes and was getting bored of Mr. Conebridge droning on. He thought he heard Airalyn say something but just shrugged it off. Now he waits for class to be over soon.

Casys hastily scribbled notes on the chapter, mostly just stuff about Professor Oak and how he shaped the way Pokemon battles would be held. His mind wasn't focused on the history of battles, however, but rather the future of battles. More specifically, his future of battles. Casys glanced over at Zander. We're gonna be training after this. I'll be able to train up Artemis and Glace, too.

Finally the bell rang. Airalyn handed in her sheet of paper and then rushed out of the classroom. She went straight to the special tree in the forest. She fed the Pokemon under the tree and then went to her room. She got out some fruit and ate them. She gave some berries to Lillipup. She couldn't wait for the next class. That's where she would find out what the gift was.

"LilPupLil!" Lillipup exclaimed. He looked out the window and saw Aerodactyl flying towards the tower. Airalyn opened the window and sat on it with her legs dangling. She got out some berries and threw one near Aerodactyl, he caught it in his mouth.

OOC: GTG Be back later

Zander had finished the assignment but not put down his pencil. He scribbled ideas on his paper as his mind raced. I need some more diversity in my team. Hm, I dont know a lot about pokemon from regions outside Kanto and Johto so I should really do some research.

"Okay class, open your books and review type match-ups" said Mr. Conebridge blandly. eh then sat down and continued to work on his laptop.

Meanwhile, in trainer History, "Okay so what did you learn?" Professor Cedar asked the class, after they had finished reading.

Casys slipped out his tablet and put it in front of his textbook so it looked like he was intently reading. Casys powered up his tablet and began researching. His team currently had coverage for Grass, Flying, Water, Psychic, Dark, Ground, and a few others. He didn't have coverage for Electric Types, Fire Types, Rock Types, Steel Types, and others, though. Maybe a Ground-Type would be good.

Kat felt like banging her head on the book. This class was not her forte. She sighed, opening the book anyway, but instead of reading she instead started daydreaming.