• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Very Best - Pokemon Academy

"What do you think, Artemis?" Casys asked the small Pokemon. She pointed to Leo with one of her scythes. "We'll go with Leo then, Zander," Casys said to him. "If that's okay with you."

"If you wish, Terra, Flash, spar with each other for now." He said before kneeling in front of Leo and whispering something into his ear. "Okay?" Zander said raising his eyebrows. "War" Leo said with a confident nod. "Okay Casys, make your move!" he said while getting into the same stance as Leo.

Flame noticed that Chikorita was gone and sighed. "Not again, this is the second time," he said to himself, "Pikachu could you find Chikorita please." Pikachu nodded and went to find Chikorita. Meanwhile, Chikorita snuggled next to Kat.

Noticing the snuggles, Kat giggled a bit before scooping Chikorita, Lolita, and Wataria into her lap, and they all snuggled together.
"This is nice, ain't it? Just a bit of alone, but still with people. Thats more peaceful than being alone, and being with others. Thats my opinion anyway." She smiles, closing her eyes.

Flame heard someone call his name but he was to busy looking for Chikorita. Pikachu was still looking for her as well. Chikorita thought about getting back to Flame, but she figured what's a little while longer. So she continued snuggling with Kat.

"Use Razor Leaf, Artemis," Casys yelled. "Then jump away!" Artemis complied, sending a barrage of leaves Leo's way then hopping a few feet to the left.

"Use Water Pulse!" the attacks collided causing a small area of the field to be clouded with dust. "Now Go!" Leo charged out of the dust at Artemis with the Skull Bash still ready. Using Leo's speed from the Skull Bash gave Water Pulse more forward momentum, otherwise that Razor Leaf might have hit Leo.... Zander thought to himself.

Artemis was knocked back by the Skull Bash, but not knocked out. "Synthesis, then Razor Leaf!" Artemis' body glowed green as she absorbed the sunlight. Using her newfound energy, Artemis unleashed a torrent of Razor Leaves upon Leo.

"Slice through the water with Fury Cutter!" Artemis' scythes lit up in a yellow light and they slashed through the Water Pulse like a hot knife through Miltank butter. "Growth! Then get in close with Fury Cutter!" Artemis' body glowed green and her scythes glowed yellow. She ran in for an up close, super powerful attack.

"Charge while it counters with Skull Bash!" Leo dove to the side as Artemis countered the Water Pulse and dove straight at it with Skull Bash. Two Skull Bash's in a row.....Artemis is gonna be feeling it soon. Zander thought as Leo charged.

The two attacks collided, kicking up dust and making a Boom! sound. "Artemis!" Casys yelled. She flew back, hitting the ground hard. Casys began to run toward her, but she shook her head, a resolute expression in her eye. The flower on top of her head opened, and light began pouring in. "No way," Casys muttered in awe. A ball of energy began forming between her two scythes. "Artemis, use Solar Beam!" Casys yelled.

Zander's eyes widened. I cant let that hit! "Leo use Protect!" he shouted, the Solar Beam came roaring at Leo. He cant hear me...the attack is to loud. Leo, please be strong. Zander closed his eyes as the attack hit. Leo crossed his arms in hopes to guard but it didnt help, Solar Beam struck head on causing a huge explosion. Zander stood and waited as the dust cleared.

Last edited:
"Quick, Artemis!" Casys shouted. "Use Synthesis while you have the chance!" Her body glowed green and her plant opened, allowing her to absorb the sunlight and thus regain some of her lost health.

The dust had finally cleared out and Zander saw Leo, laying on his back. C'mon Leo....c'mon.... Leo shakily clawed his way up. He looked back, and to Zanders surprise, he was smiling. "....Leo" Zander smiled back. Its been awhile since Leo's gotten this pumped...but he knows he doesnt have enough energy to drag this fight out. "Casys! This is it, give it all you got!" Zander shouted from across the arena. "Okay Leo....lets do it" Leo nodded before a dark purple energy began to swirl and build up in his mouth.

"Artemis!" Casys shouted. She looked back into his eyes, a determined look in them, a look that reflected Casys' own. Casys nodded, and Artemis turned back to her opponent. Her plant opened up and she began charging energy, the beginning of the Solar Beam manifesting in her scythes. Her eyes remained closed for the whole process, but they suddenly shot open. The beam rocketed forward, straight at Leo.

Leo and Zander both leaned back at the same time, they stayed for a moment. Hehe, this is what I live for.... they both shot forward. "DRAGON PULSE!" Zander yelled. "War!" Leo yelled as a deep purple beam of energy shot and collided with Solar Beam, the explosion was gigantic. Zander was sent flying by the blast.

Casys wasn't expecting the collision to be so massive. Artemis was blown back, straight into Casys' chest. Both trainer and Pokemon hit the ground hard, Casys covering his eyes from the dust and hugging the fainted Artemis close. I hope we didn't damage the campus.

The dust cleared and Zander could be seen down on one knee. "Hehe....it was a good fight, I wouldn't have it any other way." Zander stood up and walked over to Leo, fainted. "You did great buddy" he smiled faintly before picking Leo up and walking over to Casys.

Roll had sat down both his pokemon and had torchic use sunny day bright up his dorm room "ah thats better" he said said he look around for a pokedex

Zander helped Casys up and shook his hand, "It was a great battle, I had a lot of fun." He looked down at Leo who was starting to stir, "..warwar." Zander smiled down at his pokemon, "Leo i'm impressed, you were not only able to counter a Solar Beam but you were able to take the opponent down with you." He then looked over at Artemis, "And you, you've got something special."

Artemis let out a faint cheer, which Casys took to mean thank you to Zander. "Good job, Artemis!" Casys said to her. She ran up to his leg and gave it a hug. Casys returned her to her Poke Ball and turned to Zander. "We should probably go try and grab some food before lunch ends."

(OOC. Waiting for @Ry_Burst to be Professor Cedar. BIC)

Airalyn still couldn't find the professor. She looked in the offices and the classrooms until eventually she found him. "Hi professor" Airalyn said.

Zander returned Leo. "Yeah, after class we'll go to the pokemon center and meet up with Zak so we can head out on our trip" he said before running off to lunch. Who should join our team..... Zander thought to himself while eating his food. I'd like an Ice type but I dont really know about pokemon from other regions, guess its a good thing Casys and Zak are coming with.

Roll picked up a pokedex "now lets she what you are" he said as he scan the pokemon "WHAT!!!!!" cried Roll when he found out it was a ditto

(OOC Sorry, got distracted BIC)

Professor Cedar turned to face Airalyn. "Class will be starting," he said. Students soon began filling the classroom. "Then you'll get your gift." He said pointing towards a table, thats covered with a blanket. it made soft noises.

Zak came in and sat down in his seat. He looked at the blanket and smiled. He recognized it. The Pokemon.

Casys grabbed a quick sandwich from the cafeteria, then ran to class when the bell rang. He grabbed a seat in the back and got out his Pokemon Care textbook. He noticed that a blanket was covering what seemed to be a Pokemon, as it was moving and small noises were coming from underneath it.

"Ah a Ditto, there very rare on this island." Professor Cedar."But hurry up and sit down. Class is starting." He ushered Roll to his seat.

Flame noticed that everyone is going to class and started to get worried. "Oh no," he said, "class is about to start. I guess we'll look on the way there." He returned Fletchling to his Pokeball and slowly walked to class while still looking for Chikorita. Pikachu jumped on his shoulder looking for her as well. Chikorita noticed that it was almost time for class and notified Kat, "Chikori chiko!"

"Okay folks, I need Zak, Airalyn, Flame, and Zander to all come up her please." Professor Cedar said. Zak stood up and stood by Professsor Cedar.