• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Very Best - Pokemon Academy

Zander got up and walked over curious about the pokemon under the blanket. He stood next to Zak. "You ready for some pretty intense training after class?" he asked while looking straigh forward, a small smile spreading across his face. Huh....wonder why Casys wasnt called up...

"Okay these student have all been given a gift. If you would please, please send out the pokemon i gave you." Professor Cedar sai towards Zak and Zander. Zak nodded and sent out Burst who appeared snoring.

Chikorita left Kat to find Flame and eventually caught up to him. Flame noticed her, "Chikorita!" he said as he picked her up, "I was so worried. Don't go wandering off without telling me okay?" Chikorita nodded and Flame smiled feeling happy that she's okay. 'What am I going to do with this checky one?" he thought as he returned Chikorita to her Pokeball. When he arrived to class, Flame heard the professor call his name and went up with the others.

"As for Flame and Airalyn, they helped rescue this Charmander, from the Palpitoad, i showed you last class. They did this there first day here. I gave Zak the Charmander, and i gave Zander his Turtwig, for helping me catch a. Primeape. And for Flame and Airalyn, this is your reward." Professor Cedar said. He removed the covers on the table to reveal an array of starter pokemon. There was one of each kind exept for Charmander and Turtwig, who'd already been taken. "You two will get a choice for one of these starters." He then turned to face the class. "If you can prove to me, that you deserve a pokemon, you will receive one, but these trainers never asked. They did good, for other Pokemon and people and this si their reward. You all have an equal chance."

Terra came out of his pokeball on his own. "Hey girl..." Zander said as he leaned forward to pet her. "So they get a starter to huh? Thats cool" he said with a smile.

Kat walked into class late, trying not to be noticed. Her one weakness. Sleep. She had passed out while still cuddling the Pokemon. Chikorita had been gone when she woke up, and she felt bad about delaying getting it to its trainer. She got into her seat, which was in the front of the class (talk about bad luck). She sighed, sinking into her seat. She had been in such a rush that she had put her Pokemon into their Pokeballs, something she barely ever did. She looked at the table and wondered if she'd ever get a new Pokemon just for doing something good.

((OOC: When ya don't know what to say: sleep))

Roll thought for a sec " well thats cool and maybe i could get one too" he then sent out ditto "use transform" in which ditto did

Flame was surprised to hear this, that because of his good deeds, he was gonna get a stater of his choosing. "Wow! Really?! Thanks professor!" he said with excitement. Pikachu cried out with excitement also, "Pika!" Flame looked at the Pokemon and thought about his choice. Out of all of them, he had a thought choice between Oshawott and Fennekin.

"We can't at the moment, because these don't have trainers yet. If we battle with them, they will get attached to random people, and it wouldn't be fair to everyone. However, if these four trainers are willing, they can battle its their new pokemon, fo the the class." Professor Cedar said grinning. "Well how about it trainers?' He asked the four students in the front.

Zander looked down at Terra. Would it be fair? he thought to himself knowing that no one else has evolved there gift pokemon yet. "Nah but thanks Professor, me and Terra just arent feeling up to it ya know?" he shrugged his shoulders and returned to his seat. Still....if the others decide to battle this could interesting to watch. "Oh and, Professor?" Zander raised his hand.

"If im not mistaken Casys saved Kat from a Lurantis attack just recently, id say thats starter worthy" he said in hopes to help his friend acquire a new team member.

"That's right. You did say in order to receive a starter, they have to do good deeds for both Pokemon and people. Right professor?" Flame said hoping that would help.

Kat looked up at the sound of her name, but realized they weren't talking to her, only about her. She turned her attention to the Pokemon. They all looked so cute, how would she ever decide if given the choice? She then wondered about who would pick what Pokemon.

Casys sat up at hearing Zander and Flame mention the run in with the Lurantis. He hadn't been trying to do anything good at the time, he just did. Casys looked to the Professor. I wasn't planning on possibly getting a starter Pokemon, Casys thought. But I hope Professor cedar at least considers it.

Professor Cedar scratched his chin, trying to look stern. Then he laughed. "Okay you make a good point. Where is this famed Casys? He should be down here picking his starter!" Professor Cedar laughed.

"Wow, this guy can't be very strict," Zak thought to himself.

(OOC I gotta get off for now, due to it being late, and i gotta get to cram for a test. Just someone, go ahead and take control of Cedar. And Zak will just be there the whole time doing nothing BIC)

(OOC I know that feeling lol BIC)
Casys stood up meekly and walked to the front of the class. "Are you sure it's okay, Professor?" Please say yes! Please say yes!

"Thanks, Professor!" Casys replied. Glancing back at Zander and Flame, Casys mouthed a "Thank you," then turned to the table of starter Pokemon. Releasing Glace, Casys asked him, "Which one do you think would make a good teammate, buddy?" Glace scurried around the table, hesitating before all three Hoenn region starters as well as Rowlet from Alola before coming to a stop in front of the Chimchar. "Is he the one, Glace?" Casys asked. The two Pokemon seemed to have a verbal exchange before Glace turned back and nodded. "Alrighty, then." Casys replied. Pulling out a Poke Ball, Casys held it out in front of the Chimchar. It cheered and tapped the top of the Ball with it's entire hand. Being sucked in, the button on the front of the Poke Ball began pulsating color.
Click!

"No problem," Flame said to Casts and turned his attention back to the Pokemon. He made a decision and decided to choose Fennekin. "I choose... Fennekin!" he said as he picked up Fennekin. "Fennekin!" the fire fox cried out with happiness. He then picked up Fennekin's Pokeball that was on the table. Flame sent out Fletchling and Chikorita to meet their new friend. "Fletch!" "Chiko!" "Fenne!" "Pika!" All four of them seem to get along nicely.

Airalyn looked at all of the Pokemon. The choice was hard.

"Torchic!" She said, she threw a pokeball at the torchic.

It wobbled once...
Twice...
Three times...

Click!

Airalyn ran over to the table and picked up the pokeball. She let Torchic out and put him in the front pocket of her bag with Lillipup in the back.

"Thank you Professor!" Airalyn said.

Tori stepped off the boat onto the docks, heading towards the Pokemon Academy. Vera, her Delcatty, was out with her, and purred at the sight. When they headed in, they noticed a group of students with many starters lined up in front of them, and she waved when one looked her way. "Hi! I'm a new transfer here! What are you guys doing?"

"We're getting our starters!" Airalyn said, "You get one for doing a good deed"

Airalyn looked down at the sleeping torchic in her bag. She and Lillipup adored Torchic.

Airalyn looked around and realised some people already had a lot of Pokemon. She only had 2.

Suddenly a huge roar came echoing from outside. A lot of students looked quite startled.

"Don't worry!" Airalyn said to everyone.

(OOC. Please nobody catch Aerodactyl, I'm setting up to catch it. BIC)

Flame heared the huge roar and instantly knew what it was. Fennekin was the only one of his Pokemon that was startled. He picked up Fennekin and said, "Don't worry. It's a friend of ours." Fennekin felt a bit relieved.

Airalyn patted Torchic, the roar had woken it up. Airalyn walked outside and saw Aerodactyl circling the sky.

"Tor! Chic Chic!"

"It's okay Torchic, he's a friend" Airalyn said.

Airalyn walked back inside and went over to Flame, he had a Fennekin in his arms. Airalyn brought out Torchic and showed Flame.

(OOC. I'm not going to catch Aerodactyl, but it's just going to come and visit the school. BIC)

"Aww~! That's a cute Torchic!" Flame said complimenting Torchic. Fennekin waved its paw at Torchic, "Fennekin! Fennekin!" She then jumped down from Flame's arms and asked Torchic to come down.

"And your Fennekin is adorable!" Airalyn said. Torchic jumped out of Airalyn's bag down to the floor.

"Tor Torchic!" Torchic said happily.

Lillipup jumped down out of Airalyn's bag and onto the floor with the other Pokemon.

"Lilli! Pup Pup!" Lillipup said

"I was wondering" Airalyn said, "If you wanted to come exploring with me beyond the forest?"

"Sure! I would love to!" Flame replied to Airalyn. Fennekin was happy to meet Torchic and Lillipup. Pikachu, Fletchling, and Chikorita joined in as well.

Casys released his new Chimchar and it jumped into his chest in a hug. "Hey there, bud." Casys said. He set the Chimchar down on his desk and asked it, "How do you like the name Zuko?" Chimchar sat down, seemingly in thought. Then it looked up at him and cheered. "Zuko it is, then. You can meet the rest of the team after class."

Last edited:
They walked out if the classroom and into the forest. They could see a big mountain beyond the forest.

"We could go there" Airalyn said.

Torchic was sleeping in the front pocket of her bag and Lillipup was in her arms.

Flame returned everyone, except for Pikachu, back into their Pokeballs and Pikachu jumped on his shoulder. He looked at the mountain and heard Airalyn's request. "Sure, looks like a great spot to explore," he replied.