• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
He steals Full Restores, and trains PokéMon!
STEVEN STONE, STEVEN STONE... STEVEN STONE!!! xD

Steven makes an awesome Dennis Moore, no doubt about that. xD

Last edited by a moderator:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Don't forget the wonder that is Steven Speaks! ;D

Don't know what I'm on about? Enjoy these gems, from dmon2's Ruby/Sapphire FAQ/Walkthrough on GameFAQs:

[tt]7a. Steven Speaks
=================

Remember when I said that Steven would occasionally appear before you and talk some stuff? This is one of those moments. Talk to him, and he takes off again.

His worthless words:

STEVEN: Hi! You're that TRAINER I met in DEWFORD!
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Oh, okay, you're [Name].
I'll remember it.
[Name].
In this vast world, there are many kinds of POKEMON.
They come in many types.
Do you raise different types?
Or do you only raise POKEMON of a certain type?
What do you think as a TRAINER?
Sorry, it's not my place to ask, is it?
Well, anyway, I hope to see you again.[/tt]
[tt]7f. Kecleon and the Devon Scope
===============================

Go east until you can't go east any more. Go south through the small patch of really tall grass, and cross the bridge. Well, what do you know. It's Steven...again.

STEVEN: Hm? [Name], hi.
It's been a while.
There's something here that you can't see, right?
Now if I were to use this item on the invisible obstacle...
No, no. Rather than just describing it, I should just show you.
That would be more fun.
[Name], are your POKEMON ready for battle?

Yes/No

No

STEVEN: No?
I'll wait here, so you can get ready.
(Talk again, asks you if you're ready)

Yes

STEVEN: [Name], show me your true power as a TRAINER![/tt]

Ye-es :D.

Also, you've got to love a guy who leaves a PokeBall with a Beldum in lying around in his house for you to pick up.

Go Steven!

I told myself that I chose him over the variety-trainer who is Gary because of logical reasons...but it was mostly just because he has silver hair. And his hairstyle is funny.

He gives advice to you!
images

From inside a house?

I say Gary because he had a balanced team! O_O Therefore he was the most interesting to battle. I would have said Wallace, because he was the only one I actually had trouble with...but hey, Gary was the ORIGINAL. Plus, he was all bratty and obnoxious. X3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Noooo... Gary pulled ahead. I was hoping Steven would actually win it =(

Ah well. At least this time it wasn't a total swamping :p

Question: Best League Champion (Gens 1-3) (Voting closed: Today at 10:19:49 AM)
Gary Oak - 6 (50%)
Lance - 1 (8.3%)
Steven - 5 (41.7%)
Wallace - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

-----------------------------

Annnnd I kinda didn't want to do it like this, but I'm gonna attempt putting up all 8 Kanto Gym Leaders into one poll. If the vote being split too much causes ties I'll go for two sets of 4 (with a final 1 on 1 face off for each region) when doing Johto, Hoenn, and Shino Gym leaders.

But by chance someone brings it up: "And no, the changes made in that god forsaken futuristic Kanto do not apply :p"

I voted Blaine because when I first played through red the toughest gym leader to get to was Blaine. Also because he uses fire like me and was tougher to beat then any other gym leader because I despise using water pokemon. The last reason is because of the battle between him and Ash in the anime.

I voted Lt. Surge because I like Electric-type Pokemon and it Surge was the first Gym Leader that Ash beat in the anime without dumb luck. And if you hate Water types, then why are there water type Pokemon in your sig picture rinok?

KOGA IS A NINJA! O_O So he gets my vote. I always liked him...it kinda bugged me that he, along with Sabrina (who I also always thought was cool), were both evil in the main manga, but oh well...

Plus I liked how he got a promotion and we later got to meet his daughter.

And Linky...looks like we got ourselves a split vote on the first day...^_^;;

VOTE FOR KOGAAAA!

I voted for Surge. I always liked his attitude towards Ash ("Hey, baby!") and he's one of the gym-leaders I usually have trouble beating... He's fun to challenge, though.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Giovanni for me. I always liked the in-game interpertation of Giovanni. He may have been a leader of a criminal organization, but he was a man of honor...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow. We may actually NOT have a tie, which would be good - cause I don't want one :p

Anyways, I'll give people the last minute warning to vote. I'll be switching this up later on tonight before bed. Gonna go with another Elite idea, only this time - as suggested by Stel - we're going to go region verses region, or best generational Elite 4. Yeah, first and second gens may technically share the same regional Elite 4, but let's ignore that fact and focus on the differences :p

So, if you haven't voted for this poll yet, do so soon! ^^

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I had to pick Giovanni. He's the leader of Team Rocket and he's a total arse to everyone. What more does he need. :p I fall for anything Team Rocket related. Sabrina comes at a real close second though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yay. The one I voted for actually won this time 'round ^^

Question: Best Kanto Gym Leader?
Brock - 0 (0%)/Misty - 2 (16.7%)/Lt. Surge - 3 (25%)/Erika - 0 (0%)
Sabrina - 1 (8.3%)/Koga - 1 (8.3%)/Blaine - 1 (8.3%)/Giovanni - 4 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 12
-----------------------------------

So, new poll is up. I'd say it's fairly straight forward ;)

Do we want to continue going with Gym Leader polls these next few weeks or take a break from them for a bit?

Eh...I dunno about splitting it up. We could, we couldn't...either way is fine for me. *shrugs*

As for THIS poll, I voted Johto (heh). I liked the types the best, and how it was like this upgraded version of the previous...with a couple old faces, and a couple new. But it was still cool, and nice how it was like the first bit of revisited Kanto.

Plus...Koga. End of story. X3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I voted Hoenn E4 too. Maybe it's because they're the most familiar to me at the moment, but I find a couple of Kanto's members a joke, and since Johto was merely an upgrade it doesn't perk my interests. Hoenn's was brand new, AND fairly tough the first time I played through - which was impressive considering that I was far from a newb to the series at that point. Yeah, in the past the E4 that gave me the most trouble was obviously Kanto's because I had no idea what I was doing back then (once I did know, they weren't so bad). The fact that Hoenn's challenged me after all those years put a smile on my face.

EDIT: And that's all, folks.

A bit surprised that didn't generate more discussion, but ah well. Go Hoenn! ^^

Question: Best Elite 4 Line-up? (Voting closed: Today at 12:51:23 AM)
Kanto (1st Gen) - 2 (22.2%)
Johto (2nd Gen) - 2 (22.2%)
Hoenn (3rd Gen) - 5 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 9

----------------------------------------------------

Up next, Johto Gym Leaders, and this one is fairly easy for me. Total RP influence :p

Clair ftw!

I voted Chuck, just because I had the best gym battle ever with him. I was training a water team, so my requisite Psychic was a Slowpoke. She was level 27 or so. I sent her out against Primeape, hoping she could do some damage to prep for my big guns - Feraligatr and Gyarados. Slowpoke got the first strike, thanks to her Quick Claw, and her Confusion attack managed to confuse Primeape. I then managed to wear him out easily - he hit himself two turns in a row, eventually falling prey to Confusion. Against Poliwrath, Slowpoke got another first strike... and it confused again. Poliwrath hit himself three times or so in a row as well, letting Slowpoke pick him off really easily.

So yeah. I like Chuck.

I've got to say Whitney. she was annoying as hell, but a bitch to beat. totally took me at least 5 tries. Rollout really does a number on ya. Not too much can stand up to that.

Claire was the coolest looking tho.

I was going to vote Clair, because she was cool (and kinda bratty)...but I ended up giving my vote to Falkner because of fanfic reasons. X3 I don't expect him to win...but oh well...Shinto gym leader guy from my favorite fictional city of all time (well, maybe...)!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just the usual last-day bumping. We should be good for another 3 or 4 votes on this thing.

Hmm... I may not go for another Elite-related poll this weekend. We'll see tonight/tomorrow morning when I actually change things up...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As a weekend poll?

No way! ^^;;

That'll be next weeks =)

EDIT:

Errr... I intended to change this when I woke up... at 10 am... Eeep @_@

Question: Best Johto Gym Leader? (Voting closed: Today at 08:52:57 AM)
Falkner - 2 (22.2%)/Bugsy - 0 (0%)/Whitney - 2 (22.2%)/Morty - 0 (0%)/Chuck - 1 (11.1%)/Jasmine - 1 (11.1%)/Pryce - 0 (0%)/Clair - 3 (33.3%)/Total Voters: 9
-------------------------------------------------------

Alright, since I can't think of anything else at the moment we'll just do the last weekend poll over again, this time for the Gym Leaders. The "Hoenn's best Gym Leader" poll will come next week.

Again, Kanto changes made in G/S don't count.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I vote Kanto because I just like more gym leaders from there than I do anywhere else.
(I assume Kanto includes Future Kanto from G/S?)

Kanto: Sabrina, Misty, Surge, Giovanni, Koga. All are well mint
Johto: Bugsy, Morty, Jasmine. =p
Hoenn: Brawly, Flannery. I mean, damn man!

So yeah, Kanto's the winner.

Well, I voted for Gen II because it's unique. The Johto Gym Leader line is the only one that doesn't start with someone who uses Rock-types and has both a Bug-type and Dragon-type Gym Leader.

I said Johto. Because they have a bug-type gym leader, and the first gym leader had no Pokemon with a weakness to the starter Pokemon.

Plus, I just like them. ^_^

Plus...dude...it's got Falkner. And Bugsy. And Whitney. And Morty. And Jasmine, Chuck, Pryce, and Clair...well, that was all of them. -_-;; But they all were, as David said, unique. I loved their characters. So yeah. ^_^

That's one less vote Kanto is getting, ^_^;;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Question: Best Regional Gym Leader line up?
Kanto (Gen 1) - 7 (77.8%)/Johto (Gen 2) - 2 (22.2%)/Hoenn (Gen 3) - 0 (0%)/Total Voters: 9

-----------------------------------------------------

Hoenn is finally up! ... And I still feel rather sick, but meh. At least the pain is less... Having your wisdom teeth out = teh sucks.

Anyways, I'm holding my vote on this one for now. No idea who to vote for. As people can see, I lumped Wallace and Juan together since they're very similar, but if you vote for them feel free to specify which one of 'em it is that you're voting for.

I want Christmas ideas for next week! I've already got one for next weekend - Stantler vs Delibird - but are there any other Christmassy Pokepolls we could use? If so, let's hear 'em.

Well I voted for Juan because the Gym Battle that Ash had with him was the best one of the whole Saga in Hoenn. I almost voted for Tate & Liza because I liked that "Thunder Armor" tactic Ash had his Pikachu and Swellow do in order to beat the twin Gym Leaders.

As for a Christmas pole, why not do "Which Pokemon would make a good Christmas tree" with Sudowoodo, Shiftry Yukikaburi and Yukinoo.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I almost voted for Tate & Liza because I liked that "Thunder Armor" tactic Ash had his Pikachu and Swellow do in order to beat the twin Gym Leaders.

Ahh... The moment that registered a 10 on the WTF-o-Meter. Totally, unbelievably, awesomeness.

But I went strictly from in-game experiencing when voting. My choice, after a bit of pondering, was Norman, because not only is his gym jam-packed with a number of trainers, he always gives me trouble. No matter what team I'm using, I generally have to level up a bit before entering his gym, and most people know how much I hate/avoid doing that if I don't have to. I don't even level up for the Elite 4 =O

While Slaking does have an obvious weakness, and Dig/Protect/Detect/etc. will completely get you around its killer gorillasloth strength, I generally don't have those moves handy at that point nor go out of my way to get them. So its left up to brute force on my part, which usually makes for a fun battle. Feels more accomplishing, too, when I wipe the floor with the thing >=)

[quote author=Trainer_Yoshimitsu link=topic=1240.msg10630#msg10630 date=1166560726]
Sceptile.
[/quote]

OMG yes. Sirs, we have found next week's poll.

I'm going to have to say Wallace/Juan, because they (read: Juan) have been the only gym leaders to actually ever pose a threat to my team. I had to challenge Juan twice (I think), and Wallace more than once (maybe even more than twice), when Wallace was the champion of the E4 in Emerald.

They taught me that it is a bad thing to not have an Electric-type on your team, or at least not to have a Pokemon with a high SA stat and Thunderbolt that can last more than one turn. *kicks Linoone*