• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Why the heck is it called "Diamondshipping" then? o.O

You shippers are a strange bunch...

Giovanni: Ash... I AM YOUR FATHER!

Ash: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I said Liza and Tate, because their gym is the most fun to navigate. Plus, I always have a lot of trouble with them, moreso than with any other leader.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ah, right. The thing that gave the Delia/Giovanni shippers more fuel... Can't say I paid much attention to it beyond that basic knowledge.

At least it had a few good songs ^^

Never saw pokémon live and I really can't see giovanni as ash's father, we all know his kid is the GS rival anyway...

I voted flannery, she had awesome hair...

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ouch. We have a tie! @_@

Question: Best Hoenn Gym Leader?
Roxanne - 0 (0%)
Brawly - 1 (10%)
Wattson - 0 (0%)
Flannery - 3 (30%)
Norman - 3 (30%)
Winona - 0 (0%)
Tate and Liza - 1 (10%)
Wallace/Juan - 2 (20%)
Total Voters: 10

And you know what that means... Actually, you might not, but meh. Time for a tie breaker ^^

I wanna keep the weekend poll relatively on track, so we'll give this 12 hours (unless an obvious winner can be determined in six). Right now it's 6:25 AM my time.

Flannery or Norman? Pick the one you think is the better Gym leader.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was hoping for a few more votes than that, but a tie breaker is a tie breaker.

Question: Tie Breaker: Best Hoenn Gym Leader?
Flannery - 3 (75%)
Norman - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

The win this time goes to Flannery ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------

And with that, I can begin the first of two (or more, if more ideas are given) Christmas edition polls. Tis the season, eh?

Just two Pokemon for this - Best Christmas icon. Vote for the one you think best embodies the spirit of Christmas ^_~

I'm also thinking of doing a Best of Ice-Types poll, but since there's too many to poll at once (ironic, eh?), I want ideas for which six - count 'em six - to include. Anyone who wants to help decide which are chosen can suggest their favourite six. Repeated suggestions get first priority inclusion.

My personal choices would be Lapras, Jynx, Glalie, Sneasel, Articuno, and Yukinooh.

I love stantler... always have.... Until there is an actual moose pokémon I will have to do with that crazy reindeer... its one of my preferred pokémon despite never training it... Still love the skunks tho... =D

Gotta say Delibird for this one. I mean, it's a Santa-san-bird! O_O I mean, at least reindeer EXIST (though not according to Tomo from Azumanga Daioh...). I don't see a fat guy in a red suit goin' "ho ho ho" up in the sub-zero north pole...just a bunch of posers in the mall! X3

So yeah...gonna have to say Delibird...even though I luff Stantler...GOMEN, STANTLER! T_T

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whoo! I hope everyone had a good Christmas ^^

Question: Best Christmas Icon Pokemon? (Voting closed: December 25, 2006, 06:54:35 PM)
Stantler - 2 (33.3%)
Delibird - 4 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 6

And on to the next! :)

Btw - still need more ideas for Ice-types. Since there's such a lack of 'em, I may just do two polls which encompasses every single line, but it'd still need to be cut back a bit. Unless people want otherwise, it'd probably just be the final stagers for each line (for those that actually evolve, that is).

Gonna have to go with Sudowoodo on this one. Not because it's a tree, much less one used for a winter holiday, but because it is awesome.

Plus, it would stay still so people could hang stuff on it, since it likes to pretend it's a tree. That, and it's a rock-type, so it's...like...ironic, 'cuz it's weak to both grass (trees) and ice (snow).

That, and I don't know much about the two Sinnoh Pokemon on here (other than their types, a basic description, and possibly their images). So I couldn't vote for them. *shrugs*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Sceptile, no duh. Not only it has a christmas tree firmly attached to its posterior, it also have christmas baubels lined upon its back! All it needs to do is get some tinsel, impale a Jirachi on the tip of its tail and plug itself in!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Question: Best Christmas tree? (Voting closed: December 30, 2006, 10:48:41 PM)
Sudowoodo - 2 (20%)
Shiftry - 0 (0%)
Yukikaburi - 2 (20%)
Yukinooh - 0 (0%)
Sceptile - 6 (60%)

Christmastreebutt takes the win ^^

Moving on...

-------------------------------------------

Since nobody gave much response to it, I'll go ahead with the 'Best of the Ice-types' idea by using only one-stagers or final evos. I'm gonna make both of these five day polls.

Happy New Year's eve/New Year! ^__^

I voted for Lapras. I've never used one, except in RPs, but I liked using one in the RP-verse. I've always wanted to use one in a game, though...

I always thought they looked sweet/cute, and I like their types and attacks. I think I'd enjoy using one.

And I reached this conclusion regardless of the one Satoshi/Ash had. -_-

Glalie is an amazing pokémon to use, I was very let down when I could't use one in DP and for a while used Yukinooh, but it was too limited for my liking.
That aside, I hate legendaries and articuno is no exception.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. I dislike legendaries to use and battle against, but I have nothing against them as Pokemon - which is why I chose Articuno. As a Pokemon, it's one of the most beautiful there is. Lapras was a close second for me, though. It's powerful, and a cute Pokemon. It'd also be fun to have one in RP (which I never have to this day).

But still, Articuno rightfully gets my vote.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I went for Articuno.

Granted, I absolutely love Lapras - it's probably my favorite water-type. Walreins are also awesome. And I daresay that I really like Manmoo too - the only one of its line I actually like.

But my vote still goes to Articuno, simply because it's freakin' PRETTY. And makes awesome plot material. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Part 1 is closed and part 2 is up.

Question: Favourite Ice-type? - Part 1 (Voting closed: Today at 11:03:27 AM)
Jynx - 0 (0%)/Articuno - 5 (50%)/Manmoo - 0 (0%)/Delibird - 0 (0%)/Glalie- 1 (10%)/Walrein - 1 (10%)/Lapras - 3 (30%)/Total Voters: 10
----------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the majority of Pokemon being Sinnoh-based this time, although that doesn't really concern anyone aside from Persian ;)

Anyways, my vote went to Yukinooh. I dunno what it is about it, but that thing has managed to catch my attention. Interesting type-combo I guess, and its Sugi art pic isn't half bad. Here's hoping it's a fairly decent battler. If not, there's always RP ^^

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I also go for Yukinooh. The official art for that thing makes it actually look nifty. Also, Frell, it's a grass type. ^^

Although I still like my own design for a Grass/Ice better. Ah whatever. ^^

DEWGONG! O_O I've always loved them, even though I've never trained one! But hey, I made Yuki-chan, who may or may not ever exist anywhere other than my mind (stupid characters), but meh. They've been so awesome! I love Water/Ice-types. They rock.

Also, most of these Pokemon are Generation IV Pokemon, and with the possible exception of Weavile, I don't consider them. But I'm not a big Weavile fan...and I just like Dewgong more than Cloyster (though Cloyster still rocks). And...eh, the Regis...*shrugs*

*waves Dewgong flag* VOTE FOR DEWGONG, FOOLISH MORTALS!

I have to say I found Yukinooh very hard to use in DP, mostly due to its limited movepool when you first get hold of one.
I voted for weavile this time, despite preferring sneasel somewhat it is still a very strong and versatile Pokémon and one of the better dark types (im sorry but Sukutanku is still the best dark type...)

Haven't done this yet before but seeing how I'm waiting for a certain someone to come home to help me out on something, I mise well. I voted for yukimenoko. Probably because of it's concept for being an ice preistess (which I'm pretty sure it's name in japanese means) and becuase I've grown attached to the snorunt family ever since I decided to get one on my (what is it now..) 5th time of restarting sapphire. If Yuki wasn't on here, I would probably steer to Dewgong because IT'S ULTRA KAWAII ^_^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
lol. I forgot that the poll closed today ^^;

Question: Favourite Ice-type? - Part 2 (Voting closed: Today at 02:22:23 PM)
Dewgong - 5 (50%)
Cloyster - 0 (0%)
Weavile - 2 (20%)
Regice - 0 (0%)
Glacia - 0 (0%)
Yukinooh - 2 (20%)
Yukimenoko - 1 (10%)
-----------------------------------

So, time for the final poll. I was considering including Lapras as well, but I guess I'll just go for Articuno and Dewgong facing off (even though something tells me this is going to be fairly one-sided. For that reason, I'm only leaving the poll open for three days).

What other sorts of things do people want to see polled? Any interesting topics put out there weeks ago that were passed over? ... Anything. Just give me something plz ^^;

Errr... how bout... Have we had a 'favorite Pokémon researcher' poll?

Not necessarily restricted to just the standard professors - we could include others like Ivy and Bill

Voted Articuno, btw. Fairly obvious why ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
When can we do "Best Johto Starter"? Or how about polls for the Legendary trios?

Both good ideas. We could do the Johto starter poll next if you want, but which stage would you want them in?

The prof. idea is good as well, although something tells me it'd be just as one-sided as this current poll XP

Haven't done this yet before but seeing how I'm waiting for a certain someone to come home to help me out on something, I mise well. I voted for yukimenoko. Probably because of it's concept for being an ice preistess (which I'm pretty sure it's name in japanese means) and becuase I've grown attached to the snorunt family ever since I decided to get one on my (what is it now..) 5th time of restarting sapphire. If Yuki wasn't on here, I would probably steer to Dewgong because IT'S ULTRA KAWAII ^_^

So yah, Dewgong for me ^_^

DEWGONG! >_< *waves flag* I voted for Dewgong in the second poll, and did not vote for Articuno in the first one...so why should I change to voting for Articuno now? ^_^;;

But I have to say...I like that these are two first generation Pokemon...or, more like...two non-fourth generation Pokemon. I know a lot about these two! w007!

Anyways, I voted for Dewgong again because I really like Dewgong. Articuno...meh, you can't really use Articuno, because it's a legendary. It's pretty and all...but kind of limited. And I like other legendaries better, anyways. Plus...DEWGONG IS AWESOME! It's cute, and it's pudgy...awww...Yuki-chan! *glomps random Dewgong*

So...as of right now...I have brought Dewgong's vote count to match Articuno. It's 3-to-3...so break that tie by voting for DEWGONG! BECAUSE PERSIAN SAYS SO! *brick'd*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can't help but sit here and think "Why Dewgong...?" but I guess it's because, when Articuno is taken out of the picture, Lapras is the one I see at the top (as cute as Dewgong is, I'd always choose Lapras over it. Even Walrein before Dewgong). Too bad Lapras had to be in the polling with Articuno or it may have come out on top in the second round. It's hard to say unless we do Lapras vs Dewgong, eh? But nah.

Final stagers for Johto starters it is =)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
o.O

... Huh. I was in the process of changing the poll hours ago and must've... stopped, for some reason I'm unsure of. I even had the next post ready to go ^^;

Question: Favourite Ice-type? - Final Round! (Voting closed: January 13, 2007, 07:01:36 PM)
Articuno - 4 (44.4%)
Dewgong - 5 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 9

Why do I feel like this happened just to spite me? XP

Well... Dewgong won... And I'm sorry, but that's still messed up IMO. I mean, it's... DEWGONG. I have a special place in my heart for it (Dewgong's Base Set TCG card was a fave Pokemon of mine), but do people actually train that thing? XD

------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as asked by DDB, we're going to do the Johto starter polling with their evolved stages. Which be your fave?

154-2.png
or
157-1.png
or
160-2.png

Vote away! ^^

I do agree with you Katie... Everyone knows Articuno is the greatest Ice-type of them all!

As for the new poll, I must say the Johto starters were never my favorites to begin with... except for Tododile; it rocks! but that's besides the point.
I always liked Bayleef, but not so much Meganium (don't ask me why), and don't get me started on Typhlosion, so my vote goes to Feraligatr.

I voted Feraligatr. I mean, Typhlosion is just so bland looking and Meganium's appearance really doesn't suite a Pokemon species that has males more common than females (did that last part come out right?). Plus, I'm getting a real kick out of how Feraligatr waddles in Battle Revolution ;D.

Cyndaquil was just so cute, I had to vote for Typhlosion, even though it really is nothing special as far as starters go... The Johto starters really did get a raw deal.

Very first starter I picked in my very first pokemon game so, I'm gonna have to say Meganium. Plus me love the chikorita family *See's angry Feraligatr* 0.0 but I can only pick one :'( >> I don't know why but I really like Feraligatr? *Kicks out Meganium* never mind I vote for Feraligatr *Hugs it*