• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It seems out of the 30 members who voted, the majority are either digging the PokeWalker or neutral with it. A pretty good sign if I do say so myself.

Now, for the next polling. I recently ran into a thread on another forum community (teh horror!) asking if people still watched the Pokemon Anime series. Going through that thread, I was surprised at how many people once had but stopped following it ages ago (after the Orange Islands or the Johto saga). I guess the Misty fans really felt that strongly about her leaving, eh?

So, now I'm putting the same question to Pokecharms. Where do you guys fit, and if you have stopped watching the show - or just don't watch it as often anymore - what's your reasoning for it?

Like last time, the poll will last 21 days. Vote away!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Random PokePoll Topic - for all your mindless polling needs ^^

Here's how this works: Posters give ideas of what poll(s) to create next - anything from video game related to Anime to TCG to random Pokemon merch, etc... Just as long as it ties to Pokemon - and out of those given, the next poll is chosen.

Try not to request polls that have been done recently, and if you plan on replying to the topic body about your vote make it worthwhile and back up your choice. Your idea may not be chosen right away, but feel free to keep putting it out there until it is (repeated suggestions are more likely to go up). Otherwise, just support your faves and vote plzkthxbai.

Last Five Polls

Question: Your feelings on the new PokéWalker device?
I dig it - 16 (53.3%)/ Neutral - 10 (33.3%)/ Pointless piece of junk - 4 (13.3%)/ Total Members Voted: 30/ Voting closed: June 29, 2009, 01:23:09 PM

Question: Your favourite forme for Rotom?
Original - 7 (28%)/ Mow - 8 (32%) / Frost - 2 (8%) /Heat - 6 (24%) / Fan - 2 (8%) /Wash - 0 (0%) / Total Members Voted: 25/ Voting closed: April 16, 2009, 09:09:35 AM

Question: How would you evolve a shiny Eevee? (Voting closed: March 19, 2009, 11:36:11 AM)
Jolteon - 1 (4.2%)/Vaporeon - 1 (4.2%)/Flareon - 1 (4.2%)/Espeon - 0 (0%)/Umbreon - 10 (41.7%)/Leafeon - 2 (8.3%)/Glaceon - 6 (25%)/Wouldn't evolve - 3 (12.5%)/Total Voters: 24

Question: Most Wanted Pokemon Game (Actual and Potential) for 2009 (Voting closed: January 21, 2009, 10:10:40 AM)
Pokemon Platinum - 8 (25.8%)/A G/S Remake - 12 (38.7%)/New Mystery Dungeon - 1 (3.2%)/New Pokemon Ranger - 1 (3.2%)/A Contest-Centric Game - 1 (3.2%)/A Wii-based RPG - 8 (25.8%)/Other (Specify) - 0 (0%)/Total Voters: 29

Question: Are you planning to buy Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia? (At all?) (Voting closed: December 03, 2008, 10:15:07 AM)
Yes - 13 (65%)/No - 4 (20%)/Still Undecided - 3 (15%)/Total Voters: 19

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, heck yes. It's perfect for somebody like me who has a short attention span, tons of free time, and a wish for distractions from the DP board! O_O

I'd go with weekly, if you can manage. It seems like a good time frame...-_-;;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh, 11 yes, 1 no. Unless there's a big turn of events in the next little bit with people strongly against the idea, I'd say we're good to go.

And if no one else gives ideas, looks like the first poll will be Seviper's and it'll be weekly as Persian suggested.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Well, we could have the generic Starter/Eeveelution polls. >>

Some ideas:

Favorite Grass Starter Line (Bulbasaur/Chikorita/Treecko/Naetle)
Favorite Fire Starter Line (Charmander/Cyndaquil/Torchic/Hikozaru)
Favorite Water Starter Line (Squirtle/Totodile/Mudkip/Pochama)
Favorite Eeveelution (Unevolved/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Leafia/Glacia)
Favorite Early Game Bird Line (Pidgey/Spearow/Hoot-Hoot/Taillow/Mukkuru)

I could go on with these forever. X_x

I would suggest poll battles on quotes from the show but I somehow think James would come out tops every time.

Does anyone remember the exact quote from the episode where he pretends to be Moltres?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I would suggest poll battles on quotes from the show but I somehow think James would come out tops every time.

Does anyone remember the exact quote from the episode where he pretends to be Moltres?

That's a great idea actually. But since I am a lover of good quotes, I may be biased ;p

I know a choice one for James I'd throw in... Heheh... If people post some good ones, I'd be more than happy to stick 'em up ^^ (Just... try to make sure they're accurate ;p)

Ok, battle your James quote against this quote from Jessie

"I think that outfit came right out of his closet"

Or James' "Behold the great Moltres!" from that Johto episode.

I think that whole sequence had me "roffleing". By the way, I think humorous quotes are the way to go. Nothing irks me like people posting "oh so deep" quotes when I really don't care.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Aye. Humorous quotes will be the target.

And now that I'm seeing the variety of ideas people have, I'm thinking anything Pokemon related can go: Favourite song, favourite TCG card, Favourite city, favourite Gym, Elite 4 Member/Champion, Rival, etc.

And even if Charms isn't bursting with activity, I'll keep it to weekly polls. Probably go Sunday to Sunday. I'll edit the first "Quote Battle" in as soon as I boot up my 3rd movie DVD... and I think by saying that alone people can guess which James quote I'll be using Wink

Oh... Totally getting P2k's Slowking into this at some point, too.

EDIT: And we're good to go. I had to get my quote off the net since I don't seem to have my 3rd movie DVD on me, so blame the various fansites/movie websites out there if it's wrong.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh, I found it funny, and I didn't even pick it XP

But, obviously, I found the James quote I picked even funnier. It's random, it puts disturbing pictures in your head, and it's James. I've

Hahah.

But the James one is waaay funnier in this case. He's generally the comic relief-flunky more than Jessie, anyways, huh? I mean, Jessie is just the...other person. Her Pokemon never attack her...

It's the same with Butch and Cassidy. Butch has that name-issue ("Biff-" "MY NAME'S BUTCH!")

Are Rocket men just funnier than women? @_@

Huh, yeah, I guess you could...

But would it be fair? I mean, the generic Rocket grunt is a guy, so there are more of them...but meh. Yeah, you go and poll that in six weeks after you get through the "which starter is the best?" stuffishnesses.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, but something tells me that by the end of the week it'll only have an extra 2 or 3 votes. Maybe a full week is too long a time period with this amount of activity?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
But... you gotta like... move your hand! That's serious business :O

May just set it as 5 days from now on until people complain for it to be extended... which could be never XP

And James once again proves that not only does he have better hair than Jessie, he also has better lines.

For a future joke quote I offer... Onix's roar!

Seriously, nothing tops that. If only I could figure out the onomatopoeia for it... :-\

How 'bout "OROOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR"?

Does "CROOOOOAARRRR!" work? I always seem to hear a... "K" sound?... Damn, years of linguistic study came to nothing...

Anyways, I thought that a simple Pokemon1 vs. Pokemon2 type of poll could be used. Maybe even make a tournament sort of thing out of it? In fact I might try doing it.

Ah, the myriad of ways to avoid study ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LOL... Future poll: "Which more closely describes Onix's roar?" XD

Anyways, new poll up, and it'll only run for five days, so get your votes in and support your favourite.

FYI, I voted Bulbasaur because, as much as I love Treecko, Bulbasaur holds the title of being my very first Pokemon. Nostalgia is strong ^^

I shall vote Chikorita. Why? Well, I always thought Bulbasaur's final evolution was too large, and I never started with it. Treecko is VERY cool, and comes in a close second, since it was my first Hoenn starter, picked randomly. I can't pick Naetle because although I've read a few vague descriptions of its final evolution, I don't know enough about it.

Chikorita wins cuz I like Johto the best, and was (still is, I guess) one of my favorite RP characters. Her name is Kasai, and she is sooo crazy fun to write. There's a good dynamic between her and Timbera...but yeah. I just like Chikorita, I guess, and Meganium and Bayleef are pretty cool. And just for the first stages, I like Chikorita the best as well (followed by Bulbasaur, then Treecko, then Naetoru).

So yuppers...GO KASAI! O_O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hey! My Bulbasaur is bipedal!

It just... can't stand very well... and its weight is disproportionate for most bipedal creatures. But that's all :O

I feel so alone in my Chikorita-ness...where is good ol' Doc when ya need him? He seems like he might vote Chikorita...or...else...*hides bloody plastic spork*

Bipedal, huh? Y'all like bipedal thingies? I never would have guessed being bipedal would be so popular...@_@

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Even the Anime agrees with us, Meangreen ;)

Behold! Bipedal Bulbasaur XD

EDIT: Trainer_Yoshimitsu's reaction:

.:20·52·36:. «Elliot» ...
.:20·52·46:. «Elliot» BULBASAUR SHOULD NEVER WALK ON ITS HIND LEGS AGAIN

[attachment deleted by admin]

Even the Anime agrees with us, Meangreen ;)

Behold! Bipedal Bulbasaur XD

Whoa! where did those shots come from? left-Field?

Bah, I'm so out of touch with this "scene". I feel old... :p

*Spoiler*

Damn Naetle seems to be a bulbasaur knock-off in the anime too. First stage Grass starter? peacemaker between quarreling pokemon? Next thing we know Hikari will catch one with a strange marking on it. Bleah.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
SPOILERZ! Read at own risk... Or something

Meangreen: It's from a Battle Frontier episode that has yet to be shown in the US ("First Pokemon! Final Battle!" by the Japanese title). And I agree that Naetle seems a lot like Ash's Bulbasaur, though I think differences will become more evident as the series moves... As for Hikari getting one like May got her Bulba, the main reason she received both Squirtle and Bulba throughout the series was to promote FR/LG. By some chance that GS was remade, it'd be Chika or Cyndaquil that Hikari picked up ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Btw - If by chance there actually was a tie for any of these upcoming polls, results are reset and a new poll is placed up for ONE DAY with whoever tied (sudden death round XD).

And actually, DDB (yeah, I'm calling you that ;p) made a good point. You technically can set polls to allow people to change their votes, but I personally like it being more final. Still, if anyone wanted to change theirs badly enough, just poke me about it and I'll allow it.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Voted Chikorita - simply because it's the cutest out of all of 'em. :p And possibly because it's the only one out of them that I can actually draw (YAY). But that's all. >.>