• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

~ Leh sigh ~
How come whenever I post something I put a lot of effort in in my art thread everyone else posts something? :/

Random bone chip in my gums... My dentist said that should come out by itself, but it's been like a month or so.

TT~TT still this week of exams and prepare for the last exams that start on June 20th, also it is now very hot here although today it was cool because of a heavy rain last night (by the way I hate hot weather). Still 3 weeks and two days of school TT~TT

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have this tendency to write stuff initially with complete honesty, then edit what I wrote over and over again until it sounds more matter-of-fact. I think sometimes emotions play an important role in getting a message across but not always.

Still, it's not really genuine doing that. Makes it seem silly.

I wish people would stop askig me to use my sprites :< Really, they aren't that good, and for another thing, they're MY characters, not just some game NPC. I kinda wish they could make they're own instead of pestering me for mine or to make one for them. Do you have any idea how many notes I get on DA? Too many, and nobody seems to read my signature: "I'm not taking requests". NOT.NOT. I mean, it's too simple! If a guy like me can do it, anybody can! So why won't they at least try to recolor or something (AND NOT ONE OF MINE! You have no idea how many times I've been asked to let someone recolor one of MY SPRITES!). Argg......

But anyway, I'm turning total Otaku this summer, as I'm getting more interested in games like .Hack//G.U., Persona, Tales, and so many more that I hadn't even heard of before joining this site. YAY :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doubled said:
I wish people would stop askig me to use my sprites :< Really, they aren't that good, and for another thing, they're MY characters, not just some game NPC. I kinda wish they could make they're own instead of pestering me for mine or to make one for them. Do you have any idea how many notes I get on DA? Too many, and nobody seems to read my signature: "I'm not taking requests". NOT.NOT. I mean, it's too simple! If a guy like me can do it, anybody can! So why won't they at least try to recolor or something (AND NOT ONE OF MINE! You have no idea how many times I've been asked to let someone recolor one of MY SPRITES!). Argg......

[me=Linkachu]hugs Doubled.[/me]

I've come to realize that the more helpful someone is, the more people expect from them. Stupid, isn't it? Nobody can just accept a kind gesture for what it is without wanting or expecting more. I feel for you, Doubled. Those types of people need a shovel to the head. :p

Daft Soul said:
tumblr_lkji2nbgiy1qg34h7o1_250.gif

That is possibly the best thing I've ever seen.

Linkachu said:
Doubled said:

[me=Linkachu]hugs Doubled.[/me]

I've come to realize that the more helpful someone is, the more people expect from them. Stupid, isn't it? Nobody can just accept a kind gesture for what it is without wanting or expecting more. I feel for you, Doubled. Those types of people need a shovel to the head. :p

[me=Doubled]hugs Katie back.[/me]

Thank you Katie :) That's the definition of irony in a nutshell right there. I might use that quote one day too :3 But yes, I do wish we could start a shovel war against these kinds of people XD

...If I get a cellphone, I'm going to have to have the 80's TMNT theme on it.
And now I got the ASL signs stuck in my head for TMNT...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Finally reset my PSN password, but I think I might change it again. Not overly confident that it won't get rehacked, so it really wasn't smart of me to use a password I still use on other websites too...

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Hmm...If PK stands for Psychokinesis, then why did they change it to PSI? Does Ness control air pressure or what?

Well hello people :D It's been a whole day since I've posted, but my sister is hogging the mifi like a...well, a hogger :B But anywho....

I've got to go visit a friend at the funeral home today. Her mother passed away, so it's the least I can do since she likes me so much (almost like a son). Afterwards I gotta get gas. Dammit, when are we going to swap over to a less expensive alternative? One that doesn't destroy the earth while we're at it. I hate that they're making something that could make things waaaay easier seem like an impossible dream. Oh well.

Oh, and I've made a path for my game series, consisting of 10 serieses (seri?) total, with multiple games from each. Hopefully I'll get discovered one day for this stuff and I can direct! :D I also want to create an MMORPG out of this, so I want it to happen already :>

Oh, and I've decided not to thank anyone for faving on my DA page unless they leave an actual comment. 10 faves and not 1 comment... Also, I hate not being able to get on Youtube! Yeesh, stupid Mifi.

Grar rawr, Kera is angriness D=<

Okay, I went to Books-A-Million today, and I was looking for some mange, cuz I'm a manga nut now. And, of course, the next volumes I need of D-Gray Man are OUT OF STORE. Just my luck, just before I go on my trip to Georgia. Oh, and I don't get the next volume of the Maximum Ride manga.

Although, I did get a fantasy book and a manga drawing guide so all is good for now. :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I hate it when you sleep more than enough hours, but you still wake up dead tired. My grade 12 biology teacher always told us "it's all you imagination". If that's so, then I guess my brain just doesn't want to kick-start this morning. XP

There's a Glee cover of Friday now. I'm not sure wether to ragequit on life or actually try listening to it.

Hey, it can't be worse then the original.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I am currently pretty damn pissed about the news about the Batman line in the DCU reboot this fall. After all the development, not only of the whole mythos that Grant Morrison has done in the past few years, but also all of the character development of the characters over all of the years DC just wants to reset everything and essentially alienate a lot of their loyal fans (because it's pretty much a given that a good many jaded fans won't even give the new books a chance having now read about what is planned to happen).

I'm currently most concerned with what will happen to Dick Grayson, seeing as in the current DCU he is the Batman of Gotham City, with Damien Wayne as his Robin. Over the years they have taken Dick from a mere sidekick and turned him into his own man and given him the mantle of a major super hero (true Bruce is back, but Dick still wears the cape and cowl and protects the city whilst Bruce is running around the world). They've already said that Bruce will be the only one wearing the Batman costume, and that Damien will be Robin in the reboot...so were does that leave Dick? Go back to Nightwing and regress as a character? And for that matter, what happens to Tim Drake? Is he still Red Robin? A member of Teen Titans? Outsiders? They've really screwed things up there.

The other character that they seem to have hit the reset button on, which is so not needed, is Barbara Gordon. Babs is the most famous of the Batgirls, and if the cover of Batgirl #1 is any indication that whole paralyzed thing is getting thrown right out the window, as is her character growth and unique role in the DCU that really defined her as a one-of-a-kind character. But at least she appears to still be in existence, which can't be assured for Dick and Tim at the moment.

I'm just really upset that they would do that to these characters and the storylines that were pretty damn interesting all in the hopes that they might be able to bring in a few new readers.

[/rant]

Well, I just got back from orientation today, where I learned all the codes and what not to do in the hospital. I start tommorow at 1 pm in materials management, and I work alone :/ I'm kinda iffy about that, but I guess it'll work. At least I won't have to answer phones or work on computers.

Also, I hate Spike E3. All they want are the scary games and the shooters. At least if I had G4, I'd be hearing about some of the sword based games, not just shooter shooter shooter zombie zombie zombie.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I've calmed down a bit now after my last Bat-rant, but I'm still skeptical of Barbara Gordon being Batgirl again (especially seeing as they are keeping such continuity as Damien existing and being Robin and Dick Grayson's time as Batman, as well as somethings from Batman Inc.), how do they get around her being paralyzed? :T Also, how do you have Birds of Prey without The Oracle (Babs)?!? The one reason why this title might work is because Gail Simone is writing it.

Dick Grayson is back to being Nightwing, and with a new red and black costume (most likely to reflect his time as Robin). Really a step back as a character, but I'll have to see where things go with him. Still nothing about Tim Drake, though. :\ I hope they don't retcon him. :x Especially seeing as they even gave Jason Todd his own series. >>;;

I'm calming down with all of this and it will be interesting to read it all come the fall...I'm just nervous about how many books are going to be coming out that fall under the Batman umbrella. :x I mean, there's Batman, Detective Comics, Batman and Robin, Batman: The Dark Knight, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Catwoman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, and Batman of Africa: Batwing. :x (And possibly, hopefully, a Red Robin title for Tim Drake...please. T 3T)

That's 11 freaking titles (out of a 52 confirmed launch titles, holy shit DC >>). O__O Over 30 dollars a month on Batman comics alone (which isn't really too bad), but really that's a lot of reading and a lot to keep up with. :x I'm gonna have to pick and choose which titles to read pretty much from the get go (although really I could wait a month or two see which of the supplementary titles are good and then go grab all the available issues in trip).

I'm both excited and nervous about what is to come. But this ranting is definitely therapeutic for me with all of this. :x

I would just like to take this moment to apologize to Balaki for any awkwardness you must have felt when someone with nice hair came up and hugged you thinking you were me o.o

I liked our table btw!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pfft. Really envious of you two. Sounds like you guys all had an awesome time at the VGC 11 event. XD

Also, Nintendo eShop get. Finally. :)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Red's rants sum up exactly why I'll never buy a DC comic. I -do- like the idea of giving people a fresh chance to get into these characters, but they've gone the completely wrong way about it. Instead of just creating a new line, like Ultimate Marvel, they've fucked up their main continuity and screwed both their long time fans - by fucking up and binning the characters and worlds they're already enjoying - and any new fans they pick up this way - when they inevitably realise their mistake a year down the line and try to retcon everything back to the current status quo.

If you want to see how to really relaunch and revitalise a line of comics, watch the Ultimate Comics line this summer. With Death of Spider-Man, the line will relaunch itself (again, this is the second time now) with a spread of new titles that should satisfy both new readers jumping in at that point, and long time readers like myself who will appreciate the pay off of what happens to the characters we've been following for years.

Well, I've had a hard day. Materials management is heavy work when you're the only guy of 4 people in the materials room TT_TT Seriously, who needs that many computers? And thier's were working just fine -3- But anywho, it was really boring when we didn't have anything to do. Seriously, 2 1/2 hours sitting in the room with all of those boxes.... You have no idea how hard, oh so hard it was, to give in to the temptaion of making a fort XD

Oh, and I've recently gotten into Reborn!, which is epic, btw XD, but since I can't find a good site that doesn't give you viruses, require a subscription, or gets regularly banned by copyrights without having to wait for hours for it to load, I have to read the manga, which is kinda getting dull without the comedy breaks everynow and then that the anime has. (yes I realize it just rearanges the from the actiony arcs to the everyday life)

Well, I have the day off tommorow, so maybe I'll catch up on manga and anime.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Yay! Tim Drake finally got a book. :'D I hate his costume, though. It looks like Tim ran into Marvel, punched Falcon and stole his wings. Which is not a good thing. >> As a matter of fact, none of the Titans (Teen Titans being the book that Tim is in) look particularly good in their new costumes. :x And this seems odd as they are starting in the middle of further continuum, and yet this appears to be the Titans first coming together.

I'm also interested to see which Kid Flash it will be (from the looks of the image it appears to be Bart Allen. Plus, they are apparently putting in a dark Cassie Sandsmark (Wonder Girl)? :\ Gritty reboot? Meh

[me=Sir Red]adds Teen Titans to his list of books to read[/me]

Stuck with the baby again. Why does she like me so much? -_-;

I really should be getting to that request that one of my friends asked me for, but it's extremely difficult given the description he gave me. Arg.....

Oh, and should my story/game series just include sword weilding protagonists or a combination of bladers, magic users, and fighters?

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
There's no reason for me to be up at this hour...must have something on my mind. Too bad I have no idea what's going on up there for most of the time, and I usually don't like what I see on the occasion I do have some grasp on my own thoughts.

Dammit, just when things were calming down, my step father's side of the family has to start crap up! His kid's step dad was illegal, then his daughter gets pregnant, then the man responsible tries to take her away from thier house, then his mom keeps calling here making false accusations and is threatening to help her son, and then all sorts of other crap happens. On top of that, people are causing trouble for my sister just because she let her neice enter her baby contest, so some random troll is just cussing us out and calling our family out, and they aren't even entered in the contest! What the hell did I do to deserve this? I didn't do anything wrong, I don't get in trouble with anybody, so why the hell can't others do the same!? I know what you're thinking, "What do you mean 'What did you do to deserve this?'? This is happening to others you whiney little" yeah yeah. However, when things like this happens, my family tends to forget that the whole family become targets, so they endanger me too. Ugh.....

And then my mom has the nerve to say that I don't have any friends. Listen to me and listen well, my friends may not visit my house, and we may not hang out all the time, but I don't need people over here 24/7 like SOME people, and I sure as hell don't need to be God knows where 24/7, drinking and doing drugs just to say that I have friends. We have similar interests, we make each other laugh, we annoy each other, we know where the other troopers live, hell, we even have each other's phone numbers! You don't even need any of those things to be a friends, all you need is to be able to communicate! So before some stupid idiot that has only ONE friend, and the rest be family, proclaims that I have no friends, look around you. Seriously, globally, it's like I have a freakin' army of buddies, people on this site included, and even outside of the internet world I still have 6 more friends than her.

I'm sorry, as you can see, I have a lot on my mind right now ^^; I'm trying to stay calm and cozy, but it's hard with all this crap at home going on.