• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Pokecharms Kangaroo Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Let me begin by a quote of a few PMs:

[quote author=Eclipse link=action=profile;u=11267 date=1205186871]
First of all, they suck, GOOD MODERATORS DON'T CALL PEOPLE TWATS AND BIYATCHES WHEN THEY BAN THEM!

Second of all, your 3 strikes:perma Ban rule is just wrong, If I make a simple mistake by Double Posting, I shouldn't be warned, the psots should be merged and I should be given a VERBAL warning. If I post a thread twice by accident. one should be closed and I should be given a Verbal warning. Your system should be '3 strikes=Warning'

Your mods should be taught a lesson, this is an E-Rated game, kids from the age of 5 might visit this forum, and if they get banned and they are called a 'little biyatch' or 'n00by twat' I can guarantee they will run to their Mum crying and your heartless mods don't give a fuck! You of all people should have the sanity to sort them out as they are fucking pices of wanking shitbags and the fact that they banned my Friends for trying to have a formal debate is just Bullshit.

I understand you will probably have to ban me for my foul language and I am sorry for my rant, but I had to state the facts. I will be truly sorry if I get banned, I am sorry if I waste your time but I urge you to read this.

[/quote]

[quote author=Doctor Oak link=action=profile;u=2 date=1205189566]
You know, I'm not going to ban you. Even though I think your behaviour isn't exactly very fair on anyone, nor mature in the least.

I can't guarantee that should you rile anyone else up that you wont get banned - but guess what, you wont if you follow the rules. And that's what we expect of absolutely everyone here.

The warning system is deliberately strict because of previous run-ins en-masse with idiot children that couldn't give two shits about the rules and spammed the board to hell. Sorry if you feel it's too strict, but overall - there's still no reason anyone should be banned if they're following the rules. We are working to make the system a bit more lenient now that the worst of the trouble has died down, though God knows when we'll finally sort out exactly what way we want that to work.

This is a forum for mature users who can write to a readable degree and post with a level of sensible common sense - we really have no intention of ever being here to babysit children through their first days on the internet. We don't have the time, patience or bandwidth for it. If you expect us to do that, then I should expect you to help pay towards the maintenance of the site to cope with all the time, effort and money put into such nonsense.

On that note, this is my website and it is run the way I want it to, for my purposes. I pay the bills, I do the work, and unless you intend on doing both or either of those, you can fuck off on telling me how to run my site? Ok?

I've read the topic in question, and you and your comrades came here with an extremely bad attitude towards this site, it's members and visitors - I honestly have no idea why you even bothered to register for a site that you clearly hate so much because it "annoys" you and isn't run to whatever babying standards you're used to on other forums.

If you, or your friends, wish to remain here, I would expect you to keep a civil and mature tongue in your heads and respect the rules as everyone else does. If you can't meet this, then I don't see why we should allow you the privilege of posting here, as you clearly don't actually want to be here.
[/quote]

[quote author=Eclipse link=action=profile;u=11267 date=1205227192]
I like this forum, but your moderators suck.

Even mature people don't like to be called Biyatches and Twats when getting banned, and when your moderators don't supply a valid reason for the ban then really there should be no ban at all, it looks to me your mods abuse there power, StellarWind Elsydeon's the worst, and to be honest, you may pay the bills and do all the work, but you lack the maturity to run a forum, especially if your mind is fucked up you believe that Kids don't visit this site, because face it, they do. There is such a thing as lying, for all you know, I could be nine years old (which I am not, I am actually thirteen) You are probably just a stupid loser sittingon his ass with a beer gut and the brain with the circumference of a very small pea.

[/quote]

Well, I'm gonna stick to my word and I'm not going to ban him. Instead, I'm going to get the members of this site that have a better attitude, more respect for the rules and staff and are obviously more mature to choose what to be done with him instead. :)

The Pokecharms Kangaroo Court is now in session. :)

Wellll...For one thing, they're complaining about mods calling people the above said names, but do you see how many times they use bad language themselves in that first post alone? I think you should ban him, since obviously he really doesn't need to use this forum...If he (hopefully it is a he, I have no interest in viewing it's profile) can't respect the mods, then he doesn't need to be registered on this forum...

But afterall, that's only my opinion :)

Keep him around, you can get back at him a hundred times over that way.

But seriously, 5 year olds visiting the site is not a basis to call the mods unfair. Whether they're nine or nineteen, if they don't bother to follow the rules, they should get banned, but at least with an idea of why they should be. Its hard to tell what's an accident and what's a deliberate ignorance of the rules, and like Eclipse said, kids can lie. But hey, if kids can lie, then we may as well curse with every fucking paragraph we type. lol. Its been said, but cursing is allowed on this forum, and whether kids do visit it or not, they'll still be exposed to curse words by staying on the internet and any other forum for that matter.

So he hates the mods, and likes our site, though initially finding it to be annoying. If actually wants to stay and follow the rules, then I'm all for second chances. But if he's going to go around spreading the hate, than he really has no business being here. He can harbor his grudge, or even take it out on something constructive, so long as he's not just going around trying to get people to care, I think he can stay.

I don't want to see Eclipse banned. However I'm with Doctor Oak in wondering why he signed up for an account here as all he and and his crew seem to be doing is criticising Pokecharms and the TC maker despite what he says about liking the forums. I say that if he makes intelligent and viable posts elsewhere in the forums he can stay. Honestly as long as you follow the rules the mods have no reason to call you names.

Let me think this out.....Give me a sec while I consult my lawyers....

*Jet talks to his lawyers

My lawyers and I have concluded eight points that are invalid against your argument.

Point #1: Good Moderators can do what they need to do. I myself am a semi-mod. They're here to keep the board under order. If they have creative ways to oust people, let it be. We've seen (Yes, this includes myself) enough noobs to outweigh the good members. Many good members come to mind, but we get lots of idiots who come around, thinking that they can do anything they want.

Point #2: How does our warning system wrong? It's very just and fair. The rules are there and we only give out warnings according to the rules of Pokecharms. We usually give people who double post some time to fix it. People can also delete their own posts, the option is there. Same with two topics made. You have the ability to delete topics. Doctor Oak made sure of this. This was put in to help with the board. If they double post, it means that haven't read the rules or it was an honest mistake. No worries, it's only the first warning. The first one is more of a heads up to you. If you get to a second one, you had better be more careful and make sure you don't do anything wrong. The third warning is a ban, but this will change since there have been less and less idiots Spamming the boards. The staff is working on this right now. Also, the system works fine and would require more attention of the staff at Charms to keep track. Also, it's hard to keep track of Verbal warnings. The system here works fine. If you don't like it, why did you join in the first place?

Point #3: Now the game may be E-Rated, but if I'm not mistaken it does say that you best be 13 before you join when they are somewhat mature about what they type. And the Register won't let you join unless you're 13 as well. It is at their own discretion. We do try to limit it, but sometimes, it can't be helped.

Point #4: Why are our mods bad? The Mods here are hand picked. They were trusted members of the Fourm who would be some of the most reliable people on the forum. The fact that the people who are your friends also just did one thing they're not suppose to, SPAM and completely flame the Trainer Card Maker. They were banned on reasonable grounds. Also, debating doesn't belong in the Sprites forum. We all take pride in our Trainer Card Maker. You may not like it, but we do. This is also the rule right here:
2. No flaming/bashing other members, their points of view, their ideas about anything, et cetera. There is a fine line between debating and flaming. If you can't be respectful, keep your narrow-mindedness to yourself.
This also applies to beliefs and ideas in general.

Point #5: The mods always provide a reason, whether they know it or not. This proves my point:
Also, drop the conversational blather. Any of you engaging in it has been officially warned. Which unfortunately, Silverflash, means that you're banned. Kindly read the rules before spamming, people.
Stel gave a valid reason why this person was banned. All the Admins and Mods do, people like you just don't have the time to actually read it, like some of us.

Point #6: If the mods abuse their power, they wouldn't be mods for long. Stel is also an Admin. Most of the Admins have known for a long time or met Doctor Oak. They know what is best for the board. The Mods also spend lots of time interacting with each other. We all keep close ties and often do lots of things together. Doctor Oak has trust and faith in all of his Admins and Mods. We don't abuse our power, we use our power accordingly.

Point #7: If kids want to visit the site, they are given a disclaimer to make sure that they are of the correct age. If they lie, it's at their own risk. It is then they're own fault.

Point #8: Now your last point is no good. The good Doctor has a job and life outside of Pokechamrs. He doesn't just say on the computer all day. He does have a life. Also Doc Oak is leading a life into University soon, so there goes you last point. He has a fit life outside and devotes more time to his studies then Charms, which is how all the Mods and Admins. We ll accept that, so we help him out as much as we can. He's very knowledgeable and fair in Chamrs and the real world.

Now to make my closing statement. The defendant Eclipse, has made many invalid points in his argument and he all of his proof has been stated invalid. Also his entire argument has been about us patrolling Charms. The Good Doctor chose his mods by hand and puts a great amount of trust in all of his staff members. His statements are all false and were made up to favor his argument. Our argument is incredibly valid. Your's isn't.

With all this information compiled...We the lawyers prosecute him as guilty and should be banned at the least, if not IP Banned.

The jury agrees with me no?

*Jet give the Jury a death stare

*Jury says: We find the defendant guilty on all charges.

Thank-you everyone. I rest my case. Anyone have something to say. I yell OBJECTION!

*Judge says Case Closed!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Okay, so I'm not going to be like Plapti.... going on and on and giving that many details, but here's what I'm saying about Eclipse...

Seriously, someone who saids bad words himself, but blames others of calling others bad stuff (the eff word beats "beyatches" and "twats" by a million times), is a serious hippocryte(sp?).

Anyways, it seems to me that Eclipse joined for no good reason. I mean, sure, he likes the forums/site, but he dislikes the mods and admins. I think it's best is he had just went on the site regularly and not make an account here. No one has to make an account; making an account is only if you want to really participate in the forums, respect the other members (and DEFINETLY respect the mods, admins, and possibly the semi-mods, like Plapti here), and actively post useful, follow-the-rules posts here.

Then, there comes what he said about the mods. I mean, it's kind of a matter of oppinion, but I think the mods are actually fair. They're doing what they think is best for the forum. If they ban or warn a person, they're doing it for everyone's benefits. It's even possible that they're helping the banned/warned person. Banning a user can prevent the said user from being laughed at, accused of, being flamed, etc. A warning is also useful, too. It tells the user that he/she has done something wrong, and for him/her to start pulling him/herself together. Usually, people who's had a first warning, if they have any brains at all, can last without getting another one for months, years even. A second warning does pretty much the same thing, except it's pretty much like a real alarm to the user now. Third warning shows that the user refused to obey the rules after many whips, and so the user is, therefore, banned.

Also, I'm pretty sure that even eight year olds are smart enough to know if this site is for them or not. If they see people acting not like a child, then they'll know that this place is not for them, and therefore, they probably won't sign up (and I also doubt that they'll know what signing-up is). If your eight or ten, you should also have enough brains to know whether or not you should, or should not, spam, et cetera. You can take me as an example. When I signed up, I was a wimpy eleven or twelve year old (so it's close to thirteen, but I'm sure that there are even stupid 11-12 year olds with no brains). Even though I never read the rules (I didn't even know where the rules were, for that matter, until, like, a month after I signed up), using common sense, I never got a warning. There are some others here that are kinda like me: never read the rules, but don't really need to because of common sense. If you don't have any common sense, best to actually read the rules before signing up. If you don't agree with any of the rules you can either a) tell an admin or a mod, or b) don't sign up. Simple as that.

Then comes the double posting. Of course people make mistakes: we're all just as human as the others around us (and don't tell me tht you came from planet Deitokip or whatever: I know you're lying). That's why there's the "edit" and the "delete" button here. Plus, if you accidentally pressed post twice, I'm pretty sure some sort of error message would appear on the screen (it did for me).

I think I've covered everything that I wanted too... I hope that helped.

EDIT: Forgot this one thing.

Eclipse here, like I said, made an account here for no good reason. Besides that, he also accused the mods and admins of doing something that he, himself, did in that PM (bashing or whatever other members). There are many other reasons, but I believe the other members have both said and explained it all for me (both before and after this post).

I believe Eclipse is guilty of rule-breaking, and he should get at least a ban, if not an IP ban.

The five-year-old thing shouldn't really be a valid argument. If a parent is letting a child surf the internet unsupervised or without some sort of net nanny at that age, then they probably don't care what their child gets exposed to. And honestly... at that age, their reading comprehension probably isn't at the level where they'd want to go trawling through the forums so they could read Stel's ban-talks.

Once they get to the age where they're on the internet alone, they've probably already picked up swears from the playground/grandpappy/TV anyways. I know I did. XD

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with the mods. Just don't be stupid and go around making trouble, and everything will be fine. I've even kicked up my fair share of inane whinefests, due mostly to my misunderstanding whether art theft was a warning or a ban, but in spite of that blatant stupidity I'm still around. Therefore, I'd say our mods are fair people.

Though I may be biased because I like them a lot more than the people that were complaining about the TCM. >__>;

I don't know about abuse of power, but I think there have been incidences of verbal abuse. I make an effort to read most of the new posts whenever I visit, and every so often I see someone get banned with an unnecessarily vicious post from the banner. I dare say I've been offended by a couple. I won't say which because I didn't think it was my concern at the time so I forgot about it. Whether they deserved it or not, I picked up a rather spiteful vibe from these posts that made me stop and think, "That was totally uncalled for." I don't care if you're otherwise the best moderator in the world, spouting off something like, "Kiss my ass, mother-spammer!" whenever you take administrative action is totally unprofessional. I think moderators should be kept to a behavioral standard, being the pillars of PokeCharmness they are, and adopt a more respectful attitude towards everyone whether they deserve it or not. By all means cull the wheat from the chaff, but try to keep the ill-will to a minimum, okay?

On a somewhat unrelated topic, I'm suddenly reminded of when I made an "against" argument in the homosexuality thread, and Yoshimitsu (I think it was Yoshi) accused me of being a right-wing fundamentalist Christian or something like that. Whether it's true or not (which it isn't), attacking your opponent's belief structure is not a valid argument unless the debate is about the belief structure itself. The debate was about homosexuality, not whether not I was qualified to debate about homosexuality. I'm not going to say anything more about it, since it's off-topic.

As for Eclipse, I haven't been keeping track of him so I can't really tell if he's made it his sole mission to drag the forum through the proverbial mud. I wouldn't ban him based purely on the conversation above, but if he hasn't done a productive thing since he's been here, then he needs an attitude adjustment. Otherwise, it kinda feels like a case of, "If you hate this country so much, why do you live here?" It is possible to like something and feel it needs improvement. Admittedly, though, he could've shown more tact.

I don't know about abuse of power, but I think there have been incidences of verbal abuse. I make an effort to read most of the new posts whenever I visit, and every so often I see someone get banned with an unnecessarily vicious post from the banner. I dare say I've been offended by a couple. I won't say which because I didn't think it was my concern at the time so I forgot about it. Whether they deserved it or not, I picked up a rather spiteful vibe from these posts that made me stop and think, "That was totally uncalled for." I don't care if you're otherwise the best moderator in the world, spouting off something like, "Kiss my ass, mother-spammer!" whenever you take administrative action is totally unprofessional. I think moderators should be kept to a behavioral standard, being the pillars of PokeCharmness they are, and adopt a more respectful attitude towards everyone whether they deserve it or not. By all means cull the wheat from the chaff, but try to keep the ill-will to a minimum, okay?
Quoted for truth.

I think some softening of the language would be all thats needed, some are really bad and show a pretty bad example to anyone else.

3: You may not swear to offend and you may not use offensive language against anyone else.

You wrote this yourself and I dare say, even if the person is gonna get banned, flaming him goes against what you wrote there.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I wasn't always like this, you know?

I used to be a lot more friendly and caring. I used to seem more "professional". I used to not take these idiots personally. Hell, I used to actually -try- to reach out to these people and speak to the small part of their brain that I still believed was functional.

Then, for years upon years, 'charms was besieged by wave after wave of mass moronity. And as the years went by, I have grown weary. I have grown cynical. My caring diminished until now, it is all but gone. They were no longer people to me - merely n00bs - invaders upon the grounds I was sworn by duty to protect. And for the most part, they were. They were barbarian hordes, storming the virtual landscape with complete and utter disregard to the rules, netiquette and even common sense and leaving nothing but SPAM and desolation in their wake. And slowly but certainly, I have changed.

Yes, I'm a bastard. A mutated, plated, bio-mechanical bastard with armblades dripping with vitriolic sarcasm. I lurk the shadows in search of my prey - and then I strike, severing the connections of those who dare violate the law of the land, those deemed beyond help, leaving behind nothing but the hollowed out husks of their accounts, the word 'Banned' written upon them in their own red life-blood (or at least, its digital equivalent. I do have my standards, after all, and Survival-Horror is really not my thing.).

Only at rare intervals do I step out into the light to deliver what has come to be known as an 'epic' ban upon the bringers of injustice, for the next generation of fools to see and tremble - and apparently, to the amusement of the intelligent masses. In most cases, 'tis because of severe foolishness of the amusing sort.

But this instance of which we speak, the one of vile contamination from the land of Neoseeker, is not an instance where these fools were beyond help. Not an instance where these fools avoided reading the rules on purpose. Indeed - not an instance where putting them out of their misery would only be for their own good. Here, the posts in question have triggered something within me. Something dark and violent. Not amused pity, but rage. This wasn't a case of common idiocy - this was a cancer - a cancer of SPAM, flaming, and general moronity. A cancer of little twits who join a community only to badmouth and slander it, its members and its projects. A cancer I had to stem in its gestation stage within the Sprite Forum, before it metastasized into other places. And even so, I was not entirely unfair. I delivered proper warnings for rule violations where they may be needed. I have banned only those who I deemed beyond help (such as creation) or those who have garnered three warnings by repeated offenses (such as Silverflash) as the board rules decree.

Trolls (for what difference is there between these people and the common troll? Much in the manner of trolls, they congregated in a gaggle, caused mindless destruction - or at least destructive comments - and reeked to high heaven) must be slain. Quickly and decisively - So that the land may be at peace again, at least for a while, until the next troll comes along. And that is my duty - and the duty of the rest of the staff. I'm merely more... thorough in my methods, so to speak.

As for the manner I choose to vocalize my distaste of these... creatures... before I slaughter them, what can I say? Little annoying morons bring out the worst in me. Deal with it.

But enough about my taste for the blood of the n00bs - and back to the matter at hand - the matter of this impudent child - the final remnant of this gaggle of trolls. For the matter of children - Quite simple. We don't WANT people who aren't mature enough to be here. Charms is NOT a nursery for mindless children, as Alex pointed out. As for his claims of immaturity - how nice for him to throw a temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way, accusing Alex of having a 'fucked up' mind and making assumptions about him to make himself feel better. Is that mature in any way? I think not. This child is not worthy of even voicing an opinion.

I say we cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war upon his unworthy soul. I for one, would be laughing my armor-plated tail off to hear the digital screams of anguish as it is dragged away into the endless limbo where the souls of the banned still reside. It will be... like music to my ears.

Yes.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I say slap him with a ban. I was smart enough to read and re-read the rules before I signed up, and you don't see moderators heaving fireballs down my neck and giving me warnings. You obey the rules, you stay. You break them, you get banned. Just because I can, I'll break down Eclipse's PM's:

GOOD MODERATORS DON'T CALL PEOPLE TWATS AND BIYATCHES WHEN THEY BAN THEM!

I spent about a week lurking the boards before I actually made my account (so I could get a feel of what I could and couldn't do) and don't remember any mod using the words "Twat" or "Biyatch" when banning someone. Guess that means the mods are good after all!

kids from the age of 5 might visit this forum

I thought the minimum age for joining was 13? Correct me if I'm wrong.

if they get banned and they are called a 'little biyatch' or 'n00by twat'

Again, more over-exaggerated claims. I've heard mods call people n00bs when they ban them, but never anything more than than as far as my memory can recall.

they are fucking pices of wanking shitbags

Nothing like an immature and dare I say hypocritical comment to spice things up. You accuse the moderators of insulting people, then insult them yourself. Nice move there.

they banned my Friends for trying to have a formal debate is just Bullshit

This shows that his argument, which should be objective, is in fact heavily biased, stemming from bitterness because his friends got banned. I highly doubt they were banned for no reason.

when your moderators don't supply a valid reason for the ban then really there should be no ban at all

The three-strikes-and-you're-banned system is quite clearly stated in the rules, plus in every post I've seen a mod ban someone, they've stated the exact rule the person has broken and told them that that was their final strike. So yeah, this comment is also meaningless and implies something that is completely untrue.

you lack the maturity to run a forum

You are probably just a stupid loser sittingon his ass with a beer gut and the brain with the circumference of a very small pea.

These two are together since they combine to prove Eclipse is a complete hypocrite - again. He claims the mods are immature, yet ends his PM with an extremely immature insult.

your mods abuse there power

Should I mention a lack of topic links showing examples of these claims? I suppose I haven't done that either, but then all you really need to do is look at the last post of a person who has been banned, and then look at the post immediately after it to prove my point.

Ultimately, I agree with StellarWind - he should be banned, least of all for insulting a mod, since last I checked flaming is against the rules.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Otherwise, it kinda feels like a case of, "If you hate this country so much, why do you live here?" It is possible to like something and feel it needs improvement. Admittedly, though, he could've shown more tact.

You think?

For someone so against the usage of harsh language, he pretty well proved us right by using it back against us. People you find irritating to that degree can drive you to become rude, eh? And that thread he started to blatantly bash the TCM? Yes, I took offense to it. Most of our members did. Maybe some of us could've been a bit more tactful, but what we said there is no worse than he might've said if he were in our shoes... as proved by that completely immature PM.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a "shitbag". Or "immature" to the point that I'd ever write a PM like that. I am, however, an Admin here, and personally? I think I deal with spam just fine for the amount we receive and the way it needs to be handled to actually stem it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I do not let people get away with things when it's obvious they aren't learning from their mistakes. I don't have the time, patience, or energy, because franky? I DO have better things I can be doing with my time. It goes for all of us, so that is why we don't baby people along. The rules exist for the sole reason to be read. If you choose not to read them and screw up, I'm sorry, but you've got to face the consequences. It's the "mature" thing to do.

As for this Eclipse? Technically, we have pointed out in the rules that offensive PMs/emails or whatnot ARE a violation of the rules, so I'm not quite sure why people keep saying "if he hasn't broken any rules...". So he does deserve a warning. I also don't like his attitude, and if he plans to stay here he needs to drop this superiority complex he has. We've seen it towards the TCM, and now towards the admins/mods themselves. If this was real life I wouldn't take that kind of shit from anyone.

That's really my final stance on it. He either starts acting like part of the community, or he will be banned - that goes for EVERYONE with that trolling attitude. I asked them in that Trainer Card topic to do just that or please leave, and guess what? They didn't do either.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
On a somewhat unrelated topic, I'm suddenly reminded of when I made an "against" argument in the homosexuality thread, and Yoshimitsu (I think it was Yoshi) accused me of being a right-wing fundamentalist Christian or something like that

For the record, it was Alex who said that >.>

I said your post made me want to stab you, because I know people like that in real life. Urgh.

Carry on, I have very little input on this topic, other than the fact that (though this is only what I think, I'm not 100% on this) I, personally, don't usually use vulgarity when banning members. I do call them a bit thick when it's a blatant disregard for rules (okay, that's a bit of an understatement) but even so, sometimes, it's just needed to get the message across.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
The only person I have banned without publically giving a reason, although I can't remember their name (I believe they were also from the same place as Eclipse, though, as I remember a post from them in the much-mentioned topic in the sprite board), was because all but one of their posts was pr0n. Pr0n is, of course, completely out of the question on any site (imo...), and since there were about... Oh, 7 posts like these, I deleted them and got out the ban hammer. Sometimes it's inappropriate to leave something like that in order to comment on the situation the poster's dug themselves into.

In this case, however, we have clear evidence for a ban, or at the very least a temporary one. Lots of people don't like the way things are run - hey, look at the number of people who complain about their country's government - but that doesn't mean the way things are done is wrong. It may be different in some respects, and strict in others, to the way you personally would do them, but still. We find this way works best, for the moment, and we are of course reviewing this system constantly. If you have a complaint and think something should be done about it, have the common sense to show that you have an intelligent opinion rather than a garbled rant of confused statements. We might pay attention to you and your opinion. Eclipse has not exhibited this intelligence, and, therefore, needs little more attention than the average flamer.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It seems to me that the phantom council has ruled out and the verdict is guilty, and therefore, WE MUST KILL IT WITH FIRE.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I still feel there's something missing from this topic...

objection.gif

There, much better. On a more serious note, I've noticed Eclipse hasn't posted in this topic to try and defend his actions. You think he may have already left?

^He might just have left,KoL.Besides,IP ban the immature,hypocritical bastard >>
His statements have been proved hypocritical,and immature,and he is acting like quite a troll to both the TC maker and the mods/admins/Plapti,and i believe that if he wishes to be a troll,why can't he just go back to Webkins or Neoseeker or sme other stupid website.But,for the love of all things furry,get the hell off of Pokecharms.Why won't he leave?It would be a good idea for the fate of the universe to ban him to hell.

It appears as if he is lacking in intelligence, considering most of his arguments can be easily defended. The mods are just doing their jobs. Is that a crime these days? I think not. I mean. The only reason they even have to have the system of warnings and bans, are for members like Eclipse. They have become fed up with people misbehaving, therefore they must create a system in order to prevent any further annoying and unneeded spaming, flaming, or other n00bish like actions. If members didn't act as Eclipse and his friends did, then maybe this system wouldn't be as intense as it is. I think it works nicely. So lets just slap a banned sticker on his account, and wave goodbye gleefully to this n00b.

While there are some cases of mods being too harsh, it is still quite hilarious and in most cases, they deserve it. Its their site and if they violate the rules, they deserve the warning.

As for what should happen to Eclipse, don't ban him. Simply give him the title of Butt Bandit. That should be punishment enough.

A

AnonymousCoward

Hmm....

Trolling. To the point that it pissed off the owner of the site. (1 pt.)
Possibly flaming. Not sure of the actuality of it; haven't investigated. (1 pt.?)

Some mods/admins, not all, are slightly...cruel when bans occur. However, said mods 99% of the time have a just cause.

I say 2 warnings and a complimentary "i pissed off the owner of this site" title.

let him stay, but if he does anything, his 3rd warning is unlike no other.

Edit: Yes, Tipple, We're aware it's you. >>;

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
As for what should happen to Eclipse, don't ban him. Simply give him the title of Butt Bandit. That should be punishment enough.

I'd rather we didn't stoop to homophobic insult here. I'd like to hope that we could find much more creative ways to abuse our members.

I'm going to take sides with the mods. To say the least, they're very kind and unselfish people. Before Sernen got banned, he mislabeled his posts in The Hurt & Heal Game: Smash Bros. Brawl Style. I pointed this out to him, and (sorta) explained what he did wrong. He thanked me, and deleted his posts so it looked like I had 1: triple-posted and 2: engaged myself in conversation with myself...
I'm guessing there was originally another post between burp23's Reply #1041 and #1042. I'll edit your post so you don't get warned for double-posting.
[quote author=burp23 link=topic=3840.msg53033#msg53033 date=1205953545]
no... you can modify your posts... and change the number

Mod edit (baratron): I'm guessing there was originally another post between burp23's Reply #1041 and #1042, so don't warn him for double-posting. Seems like Sernen went insane with posts before getting banned.[/quote]
As you can see, baratron was 1: kind enough to point this out to me and 2: kind enough to make a note of this so I wouldn't get a second warning.
I never did thank baratron, so I guess now's my chance.
Thank You.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And the sad thing is that when I banned him, I specifically left his Hurt and Heal posts while deleting everything else. -_-;;

Another example of Mod/Admin kindness. ^^^

There's even more proof that Eclipse was wrong. (Those of us who honestly enjoy these forums didn't need it though.)
I think IP Ban is the way to go... If that does happen though, we've got to hope he doesn't just go next door to use his neighbour's computer >_< Shouldn't have to worry about him using common sense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.