• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

"We'd like you to, unless you have different plans?" Laura said, jokingly, before smiling at Laura."We may not be as popular as you, but we're still your friends, right?" she questioned, her smile getting bigger.

“Well, of course you are,” Lis replied, shrugging at the two. “Okay, lead the way.” She shifted in her boot as she gestured outside.

Laura's eyes were stuck on Lis' boot, as she walked out to the bench, and sat down again. "I can't believe you got a boot! I had a boot once, when I twisted my ankle in football, but it wasn't that bad. I hope you're okay from last night." Laura said, as worry filled her brown eyes.

"What happened last night?" Even asked, unaware of the what happened to Lis the day before. Even's voice had some concern to it when he asked the question.

Lis sat down with them. “I've had one before, so I'm used to it, sort of. It doesn't hurt that bad, but I'm gonna miss sport practices for awhile,” she said at Laura's comment.

“Yesterday at swim, somebody jumped on my leg,” she explained. “Henry took me home, and then I went to the clinic.”

Even looked at Lis, concern clearly evident. "Are you okay? Are you in pain? How serious is it?" Even asked, bombarding Lis with questions. Even couldn't help himself, he had grown to care for Lis and wanted to know how she was.

Laura gasped. But she had to comment, "I still can't believe someone as horrid as Henry took you home. I actually thought it was sweet that Henry had taken you home. And I hope that heals up okay. It can get pretty nasty, sometimes." Laura said, concerned for her friends safety.

Lis smiled weakly. “It doesn't really hurt. Not enough to bother me, at least. It's pretty average, though. Might take a bit longer than usual,” she replied, leaning forward and letting her arms fall into her lap. “Henry's not bad.. to me, I guess.”

Laura felt kind of bad for what she said. "I-I'm sorry, we were, I mean, we just..." What Laura meant to say, was that she and Henry had a... lets say difficult past, which Even knew about.

"What she means is Henry has a habit of being a jerk. I would use different language but I'm trying to cut down on...bad words." Even said, knowing how poorly Henry treated Laura and all around him being a big jerk. However, if what Lis said was true then maybe they owe it to him to give it another chance. Even's been an even bigger jerk than Henry in the past, so it probably wasn't so fair for him to judge Henry.

“He's not good at handling emotional things - like people,” she laughed quietly. “I know what you mean. All in all, he really is a big bully. It's hard to get him to leave you alone, that's for sure.” She closed her eyes and thought for a moment.

Laura heard the bell ring, signaling next period. "See you guys in class!" Laura said, leaving as quickly as possible. Laura did want to get to class on time, but Laura also felt bad for Lis, and how she looked as though she felt left out a couple of times. So Laura wanted to give Even and Lis some alone time, to talk and get to know each other. Laura walked into the math room, and took her seat. For some reason, she couldn't wait to go to counseling later today.

"Well, if you think there's a good side to Henry I guess I owe it to him to give him a chance. Besides, not like I've been a sweet child my whole life. And you thought there was value to me. So I trust your judgement." Even said to Lis.

Lis smiled at him, spirits lightened a bit. “I'm no innocent kid either,” she chuckled. “I've done things that could easily get me expelled as a kid, but only if somebody found out. Luckily, no one ever would.” She looked at the ground, still softly smiling.

The bell rang again, signaling the fact that math class had started. Where was Lis and Even? Were they still talking? As much as Laura wanted to talk with them, and be with them, and hang out with them, she wasn't going to ditch class to do so, even though the thought of it made her feel like the world depended on it. "All right, class, turn your text books to page one hundred ninety-two. Today we will be learning about multiplying decimals and fractions, as well as dividing them. "Sixth grade." Laura said under her breath.

"Like you once told me, we all deserve a chance to right those wrongs. To be better people than we were in the past. You gave me that chance, you deserve to give yourself that same chance." Even said to Lis.

“You're using my words against me now, huh?” She joked, playfully punching his arm lightly. She paused. “I really do believe that. Your mistakes in the past don't define you.” Lis looked up at that sky. “Yeah... um, we should probably get to class. I mean, I can pass with ditching but, I dunno about you.”

"Yeah, sounds good." Even said, heading off to math class and sitting by his favorite seat by the window. Even felt was ready for whatever the teacher had to throw at him.

(Awe! Truer words have never been spoken!)
Laura opened up her textbook. These problems were a lot harder than she had expected them to be. "Take out a piece of paper, you will be doing numbers one through twenty-seven. Chop chop." Mr. Hubor said. Laura quickly did her questions, but was stuck on question twenty-six. It was a story problem. Laura hated story problems. "If X equals square minor, what is the multiplication problem for X plus 37." Square minor was what she couldn't remember. What did it stand for again?!

Lis managed to get to class right before papers were handed out. They were incredibly different from the last math problems, which seemed way easier. Lis nervously smiled at the paper with a confused glint in her eye. She jotted down answers that took awhile to find.

Even began to answer his questions, he struggled on a few of them, and breezed through others. Still the ones he couldn't get right away were eating at him. Even let out a sigh of annoyance.

Oh joy...this is so fun...I hate math...

Finally, L:aura got it, after a long math equation. Square minor was equal to 1! Duh! She then figured out the problem in a breeze! The overall answer was thirty-eight! How could she be so stupid? She quickly jotted down the answer, before handing in her paper, sitting back down, and pulling out her favorite graphic novel, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Lis had surprisingly finished the test, which had made her dread the rest of her classes. She got up and sort of limped to hand the teacher the paper, and sat down. She saw a few others reading when they were done. So, she pulled the book under her desk out and sank in her seat.

Even slammed his head against the table. This one problem was stumping him and Even had far too much pride to ask for help. Even could only draw one conclusion from this...

Math sucks...

Laura saw Even's trouble and looked on his paper. I can't tell which problem he's having trouble on... she thought. "Hey, Even." she whispered to him. "I can give you the answer." she continued. Mr. Hubor turned from the board to look around the room, and Laura quickly went ack to her book, before he turned around again. She glanced over at Even.

While Mr. Hubor wasn't looking, Even turned to Laura and whispered "twenty-six" to let her know what problem he couldn't get. Even had lost his pride, and needed an answer now.

"I had problems on that one, as well. The answer is thirty eight." Laura whispered, as she pointed to the question on his page. "Your welcome." she said, as she continued to read her graphic novel. The bell was about five minutes from half of class, where she and Even would go to counseling.

Even gave a smile, as well as a non-verbal thank you to Laura as he wrote the answer down, once he did Even realized his mistake before Laura helped bail him out. Even saw that the time for their "session" was drawing near, and after the incident with his...old "friends" Even was not looking forward to it. Still Even kept that to himself as he turned his paper over to indicate his was done before he gave a stare out the window.

Shortly after the hard little test, the bell rang and students were dismissed off to English. Lis was the first one out, quick to get away from the upcoming chatter and class changes. With a fast pace, she put her previous things away and grabbed the essentials for English and shoved them in her bag. Then, she speedily forwarded to the room and sat in the back quietly.

Laura had no need to rush, for she knew she was going to counseling. "Ready?" She asked Even, an unenthusiastic look on her face. She wasn't looking forward to it, for it just reminded her how upset her mom was. Laura looked at him, as if to say, "Lets go to the deadly torture chamber, and learn about feelings."

"Yeah....sounds like fun." Even said with a deadpan expression as he followed Laura into the counsel session. There Ms. Pinto waited for them.

"Ms. Pinto...a pleasure." Even said as he took his seat. Ms. Pinto looked rather serious at the moment.

"Indeed Even. Before we begin there's something I want to talk about. A trio of ruffians came and got the attention of the PE class yesterday. Your PE class specifically. As well as after school from other student accounts. From what the Principle gathered you've had a...history with them." Ms. Pinto said, as Even knew she was referring to those three...pieces of trash.

"Yeah...I know them..." Even said in a low voice, his gaze on the floor at the moment.

"Mind explaining who they are, and your own previous connection to them?" Ms. Pinto asked, Even remained silent. To ashamed to say anything, plus he didn't want Laura to learn any more of his history with them.

"Well I know what it is! Yeah!" Laura said, hesitantly, as she saw clearly, that Even didn't want to talk about it. "He met them at a resteraunt and...he...got his money taken and...they came to taunt him about it at school! Yes, that is what happened." Laura said, as she bit her lip, and nodded, like she knew the whole story. She glanced at Even, and glanced at the floor.

"Is this true?" Ms. Pinto asked Even, who kept his gaze on the ground while he thought of a significant childhood memory.

Who...who are you guys?

Don't be scared kid, we're not gonna hurt you.

Yeah, we rule the streets! You're safe with us.

As for who we are? Well you can call us The Scaled Siblings...

"Yeah. Just some punks who took my money. Nothing else to it. Nothing." Even said, eyes still on the ground. Laura would know Even left out a lot to his story, including parts she did not know, but whether or not Ms. Pinto bought it didn't seem to matter as she moved forward.

"Alright then, we'll begin this session with a simple question. Laura, did you have any dreams last night?" Ms. Pinto asked, beginning the session with a question.

"Well, I did have one...i-it was about my parents. They came home from the airport, but they weren't as happy to see me as I was to see them...then I just woke up, and that was it." Laura said, remembering the phone call she had with her mom last night. Laura needed to tell her mom how sorry she was. Laura felt so bad about everything.

Rico kicked his feet back and relaxed as he waited for class to begin, enjoying the moments of peace and quiet as his mind drifted from daydream to daydream. So far, his time here at Handrakes High School has been without incident, though he's heard rumors of bullying being a major issue in this school. It didn't bother him much. Then again, it took a lot to bother him at all. His train of thought was interrupted when he heard the clattering of the seat beside him, and his eyes glanced over to Lis. "'Sup." he said simply.

Lis looked at the boy from the corner of her eye. “Hey,” she replied. She turned her head to look out the window, waiting for the teacher to come in. Maybe, just maybe, the teacher wouldn't come today. It had certainly happened before, so Lis prayed it to happen again. She silently sighed and turned back to the face the front with a blank expression.

"Interesting. And why would they not be happy to see you?" Ms. Pinto asked, wanting to dive just a little deeper into Laura's dream. Even said nothing, just watching the exchange between Laura and Ms. Pinto.

"Well, the teach's taking his dear sweet time, huh?" Rico quipped with a smile, trying to keep the conversation going. "With any luck, we could wind up making this period an early break." This was actually the first conversation he had with another student here. The only friends he had were back in Brazil, and today was the day he decided he would try and at least make some new acquaintances. He wasn't exactly what you would call shy, but he blended in with the crowd those earlier days because he was adjusting to his new home and school, taking the time to learn the ins and outs. Now that he felt settled in, he thought it was now a good time to build up his social life here. "Name's Rico, by the way. Nice to meetcha." he added.

Lis nodded shortly. “Lis,” she replied. “I wouldn't be surprised. This isn't the first time this has happened.” Lis watched as others came in, equally eager as she for a free period. As the class was usually 30 minutes long, Lis declared to herself the teacher wasn't coming as 11 minutes had passed.

Right then Mrs. Wesington dashed into the room. "I'm sorry class. I had an important meeting. Now, open your text books to page three hundred and twenty-six." She then explained they were going to learn about simple stuff, such as how to identify whether a certain word fits into a certain sentence.

Meanwhile, in Ms. Pintos office, Laura was stuttering her sentence. "I talked to them over the phone, and they weren't happy with what I said..." Laura said, ready to burst, if Ms. pinto tried to dig deeper into someone else's life.