• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Even let out a sigh before speaking to Laura and the guy with a crush on her. In truth, he used to have a lot of hobbies. However, those were bad days Even would rather not remember. Still, he needed to give some answer to the question.

"I usually just take a stroll around the outdoors. Back home I used to to go to the park and skip rocks by a pond. I guess I'm just a nature lover." Even explained.

"That's cool!" Laura exclaimed, as she turned to Tommy. "I-I like to play video games..." he said shyly, as though him playing video games was the complete opposite as being active and outdoors. Laura smiled at him, as she exclaimed, "Same here! I enjoy Pokémon!" Tommy seemed to lighten up a bit, as he heard this.

The blushed boy looked at Lis. “What are your actual hobbies?” He said, tilting his head. The annoyed boy scoffed quietly, which made Lis smile a bit.

“Basketball... and swimming,” she thought. “I'm good at music, I think.” Her eyes clouded as the bell rang. As dismissal for the entire school, Lis quickly disappeared from the classroom, leaving her two partners in confusion and surprise. Lis grabbed her bag from her locker and head outside, waiting as others left happily.

Laura left the group, saying good bye to them, as sh went in the locker room and got changed into her football gear. As she went outside to the field, she saw Lis, and was happy her decided to show up. "Hey, Lis!"she said. "So about the thing I wanted to tell you about..." Laura hesitated. "I want to be your friend, as well as you being mine." Laura put on her football helmet, as all the other guys were on the field. "Think about it!" Laura shouted to her, smiling, as she ran away.

Even walked out of school and began to walk down the sidewalk. His mother was out working, so he'd be home alone as was usual. Still this day was probably one of the better ones Even had enjoyed in quite some time. Everything about it was perfect...

"Hey, I found him! I knew he was here!"

"Wow Viper, you weren't talking out of your a...ow!"

"Focus. Good to see you again...Cobra."

Even stopped, frozen in fear, as he turned to a frighteningly familiar van. The same van from P.E. earlier today. A trio of bodies stepped out, wearing short shorts and black t-shirts and covered in tattoos. A female with purple hair among them gave Even a hug, one any outsider could tell Even did not enjoy.

"It's been too long! So this is the new set up you've got?" The girl nicknamed Viper said. Even gave the trio a glare.

"What do you three want?" Even asked, much annoyance and anger to his tone. A tall, shinny male answered next.

"Oh come on Cobra, is that anyway to treat your friends?"

"We are not friends. Never have been. Now go away and leave me alone." Even said as he tried to walk away, but a muscular boy of the trio blocked his path.

"Wow Cobra, I'm offended. We decide to pay you a visit and you treat us like this? What an insult."

Lis nodded at Laura's happy statement. When Laura departed, Lis turned her head to see Even being confronted by three beefy looking people. Lis raised an eyebrow, sensing it was trouble that the trio was there. Slowly at first, she started walking towards the four. She sped up and stood next to Even, looking at him quizzically. “Are they causing trouble at all?” Lis mumbled to him.

Even turned to Lis, some panic in his eyes.

"Get out of here!" Even said, in the loudest whisper possible. However, the tall member of the trio gave Lis a grin.

"Oh Cobra, whose this cutie?"

The muscular member of the trio also gave a grin, before he gave a bow.

"Sorry for my associate being rude. My name's Python. These are Viper and Anaconda. Would you happen to be a friend of Cobra's?" Python said to Lis, referring the tall one by the name Anaconda and the purple-haired girl by Viper. As well as referring to Even by Cobra.

"My name is not Cobra, now back off." Even said with a glare.

Lis turned her head fiercely at the three. The one who bowed gave Lis an uncomfortable vibe, and their names didn't make it any better. “His name is Even,” Lis said sharply. “People like you don't belong at a high school,” she muttered quietly at the trio.

“My name is Lis, and you don't have any business here; especially if Even's denying it, too,” Lis crossed her arms.

"No business? Of you've got it wrong. We have rather personal business with Cobra here. And that is his name, even if he tries to deny it." Python said with a smirk to Lis, eyeing her up and down like a creep.

"Yeah, this punk thinks he's better than us. Trying to be some 'regular guy' and that garbage." Viper said.

"Turned his back on us, we were his family and he turned his back on us." Anaconda said as Even balled his hands into fists.

"You were never family! You used me!" Even yelled, filled with anger.

"We gave you what your real family never did. You joined us of your own free will. Don't pretend this isn't who you are. Like I always say, people don't change, no matter how badly they want to." Python said as Even turned to the ground, out of both anger and shame.

“Anybody is better than you three rotten excuses for a family,” Lis hissed quietly, glaring at the creep who eyed her. Her guard let down as Even's attention was toward the ground. She bit the inside of her cheek.

“Please,” she said calmly, “don't start any trouble with him. It's obvious enough that he's not in a comfortable state around you three.” Lis glanced at Even nervously.

Laura saw what was going on, and asked coach for a small time out. This was going to be fun, to her. She charged at the grunts, and knocked them to their butts.

"Stay away from my friends." Laura said defiantly, as she pointed to the ground.

She turned to her friends, giving them a look that said, "You okay?"

"OKAY WHO IS THIS B..." Viper hissed out at Laura, only to be stopped by Python who simply gave Even and the others a smirk.

"So Cobra being bailed by a couple cuties? Fine. We'll take our leave. Remember Cobra, you are one of us. And we'll always welcome you back with open arms. Though if you remain defiant...I can't promise that something unfortunate won't happen." Python said as he, Anaconda and Viper moved to their van and drove away. Even turned to the ground, not willing to face either Laura or Lis.

"I'm...I'm sorry you had to meet scum like that..." Even said in a voice of defeat.

Laura couldn't help laugh at this.

"I'm sorry you had to see me hit them so hard!" She said, laughing even harder.

"I won't push the problem, and I have to head to practice, but just remember. It doesn't matter who you were. What matters, is who you choose to be." Laura said, as she had overheard one of the Grunts talking about the past.

"How can you say that? Those...those jerks use to be people I call family. How is it no matter what dark secrets from my past come up you still think I'm above that? That I can be something more than that trash?" Even asked. No one had ever stuck up for him before today, yet he met two people who thought so much more of him than quite frankly Even thought of himself. Even couldn't understand it.

Laura didn't leave, put put a hand on his shoulder, a little sweaty.

"The past is past. It's gone, and you can't change the clock. But you can wind it up again. Think about that." Laura said, with another pat, as she dashed back onto the field, and started tackling offense.

As Laura once again rescued Even, Lis inaudibly sighed and disappeared once again. She figured she seemed like a brat, not getting any attention, but that was the least of her problems at the moment. In all honesty, she wasn't trying. She simply felt like she was burdening a relationship between two friends that could easily grow without her.

So, Lis vanished from the two as Laura was laughing. She was already down a few blocks to her house, backpack slung over her arm carelessly. Her eyes darkly traveled the sidewalk before she had already arrived at her home. It wasn't far away, and Lis was quick in general, so it took her a very limited amount of time to walk up the driveway and open the door.

Even soon began to walk home...only to follow Lis to her place. Even felt guilty that she probably felt excluded. That Even and Laura didn't consider her at all. Even didn't get a chance to talk with her like he wanted to, but once Lis made it inside Even felt he had to give her some reassurance. So Even walked up and put a note on her door. Even then walked away back over to his place. Once Lis saw it the note would read:

Lis, I just want to thank you for standing up for me. For being there for me when most wouldn't even both. If you ever feel like a third wheel just know that...Laura isn't the only one I consider a friend. Have a good day and I can't wait to see you tomorrow.
-Even

Laura looked back at Lis, and how glum she looked. Laura felt that pit in her stomach once again, and thought that maybe next time she saw them having a moment, she should stay out of it. Laura just felt the urge to step in, and hit the grunts where it hurt, and she felt if she didn't, he would be offended. Her thinking caused her to get token down by Henry.

"Yo Laura, you done tackling people not in football gear? Just because your the only girl on the team doesn't mean you get any special privileges! Now get over here so I can prove that I'm a better quarterback that this loser!" Rev shouted as he gestured towards Henry.

He and Henry had been fighting for the quarterback position since middle school. Rev was more accurate and faster on the run, (not to mention smarter) but Henry could throw the ball a bit farther. None of the coaches they have had chose one over the other, forcing them to share the starting position.

Laura heard Rev, and got up, dashing over to tackle Henry, for Rev, and for the fact that Henry had taken her down as well. She grunted, while ramming into Henry, causing him to kick her in the gut. On purpose. The coaches didn't notice, but Laura sure felt it. She got over it, when she heard the coach shout, "Henry! You got tackled by a girl AGAIN! She tackled you five times during practice all ready!" This sentence made Laura feel slightly happy, yet slightly offended. Why was it so bad that Henry got hit by a girl.

It wasn't long before Lis was sent out to get the mail. In doing so, she caught sight of a sticky note stuck to her door. Pulling it off, her eyes scanned the words, smiling softly. Her chest felt light as she sighed shaking her head. She knew she was coming off as excluded. Proceeding to grab the mail, she kept the note in her pocket, where she soon stuck it to her room door when she came back inside.

Quickly changing into swimwear, she pulled on a loose t shirt and lounge shorts, tying her hair into a loose bun. It was quick when she sprinted back at school, straight into the locker room where she was just on time with the fellow swimmers who were getting ready.

Even meanwhile was doing some homework at home. Those...those punks had to come and ruin what had been the best day in Even's life in quite some time.

Lis and Laura are right, I'm...I'm better than that. I'll show them, I'm more than just ex-scum.

Lis had been swimming laps when a fellow teammate decided to obliviously cannon ball into the pool. Of course, it was against the rules, but that didn't stop them. He took a running start and shot himself into the pool, ironically on top of Lis' leg. Immediately, she opened her mouth and choked as he crashed onto her leg.

She, with panic, immediately swam limply up to surface, coughing violently on greeting air. Somebody pulled her out of the pool, asking her questions with fear. The coach just walked in, studied the situation from afar, and sighed. The kid in the pool looked terrified and regretful as the coach stared at him and pointed out the door.

Meanwhile, Lis' ankle felt like it was on fire. It wasn't broken, but definitely sprained badly. It was already red and easy to make somebody wince. “Ow, ow! Don't - don't touch it!” Lis snapped at the concerned person. The coach came over and picked her up carefully, him and the other person holding her arms as she limped along to the locker room. She only pulled her sweatshirt over her swimsuit and was helped outside.

Laura had just finished football practice, and was getting ready to go home. She had everything she needed, but as the door to the school flung open, Laura's eyes were locked onto one sight. Lis was limping, her ankle sprained, and worry spread through Laura, as she dashed over to see if she was okay, and so did Henry.

"Lis! What happened?!" Laura asked, as she dashed over to her, helping her onto a bench.

Henry came just as soon, taking a seat next to Lis, and shoving Laura away.

"Loser, your no help." he said with a death glare, as he turned to look at Lis, eyes filled with worry. Laura had to smile. "You've change, Henry...in a good way..." Laura said, under her breath. Henry really cared for Lis, and he usually never cared. It was good. But Laura still wanted to help. "Do you need some ice? I can run inside and get some from the nurses office." Laura suggested.

Lis hesitated at Henry's nervous expression, not really used to him showing concern. “I-I'm fine, I think,” Lis stuttered at Laura. “I've had worse injuries, I-I think I can walk home.” She pushed herself up, only to wince and sharply breathe in at the pain meeting her ankle. Henry sat her back down gently. “I don't need ice. My m-mom will know what do to, I just need to get home,” Lis said again.

Henry then reached under her, carrying her up in her arms, wedding style, saying, "I'll carry you home." Laura smiled at his kind act, which she'd never seen before, except for when they were friends. It was no doubt he liked her, and it was super obvious to see. "You gonna be okay?" Laura asked Lis, wondering if she needed any more help.

“Oh, o- um,” Lis stuttered as she was scooped up by the larger boy. Awkwardly, she played with her fingers in her lap. “I should be fine,“ she said to Laura, a bit uncertain. Then, with red cheeks and a determined expression, Henry set off down the block, already knowing where she lived.

It wasn't long before he arrived with Lis in his arms, and he stood her up against the front door, ringing the doorbell. Her mother came out, a surprised look on her face. Quickly, the situation was explained and Lis' mother drove Henry home and Lis to the clinic.

Laura sighed at the how cute and friendly Henry was acting, and thought, maybe he'd turned over a new leaf. Wrong. Just for Lis, he was nice, which was good news for Laura. "I hope she's alright." Laura said, as she walked home. Her house was a couple blocks away from the school, about six, and when Laura got home, she slumped her bag on the floor, and caustiously dialed the phone of her parents. Boy was she nervous.

"So, sorry I won't be coming home till tomorrow morning. I hope this doesn't..."

"Don't worry mom, I get it. See you then."

Even hung up his phone as his mother, as she often did, gave him a call to let him know she wouldn't be coming back till tomorrow morning. Even understood the routine by now as he began to make his own dinner.

Just because he understood it, that didn't mean he enjoyed it. Still not like he could do anything in this situation.

"You did what?! Punched a guy, got sent to counciling, and smack talked all in the same day?!" Laura's mother shouted from the phone. Laura winced at her mothers harsh tone, which she usually never had to use. "I know, I-I'm sorry mom...a friend of mine was in trouble, so I smack talked, and then came the punch, and after that the counciling..." Laura hesitated, as her mom paused. "I'm glad you finally made a friend toda. And the kid you punched? Is this the kid who keeps bullying you?" Her mom asked. "You know violence is never the answer. You nod your head, and walk away." Her mom continued. "I know...but I couldn't help it..." Laura said.

Then Laura could only hear the beep of the phone, telling her that her mother hung up. The only things Laura could be happy about was that today she made friends, and her mother was coming back home next Monday, a week from now. Laura walked over to her dinner table and grabbed a bag of chips, as she ate a couple, before thinking about today.

Even was enjoying his microwaved pizza as he watched form made for TV movie about a dad coming into the life of a broken women and her daughter as he helped make their lives better. A classic love story.

What a load of garbage.

Even shut off the TV, the difference between that story and his own life made him too angry to continue as Even sat in silence to finish his meal. Even eventually made it to his room and flopped on the bed, it was too early to sleep so he just sat in thought trying to relive the pleasant experiences of school to distract from the emptiness he felt at home.

Lis came back home with her mother pretty late. Her father was working a night shift, so she wouldn't see him. She had a black boot on her leg, leaving her furious as she couldn't do sports. It wasn't bulky, rather the opposite; more like a regular heel boot, only flat and strapped.

Fuming, she dragged her leg into her house and threw herself on her bed, clenching her fists on her pillow repeatedly.

After Laura finished her small bag of chips, she couldn't help but feel tired, bored, and lonely. She trudged to her room, and flopped onto her bed, as she turned on her TV, binge watching Pokémon, Sun and Moon. Her parents saw this as a kids TV show, but she still liked it. Eventually, around ten o'clock, she fell asleep, ready for tomorrow.

Even soon went to sleep, the bitter feelings towards his mother behind him as he focused on rest for the day ahead tomorrow. For once Even had something to look forward to, at school of all places.

Laura woke up to her alarm clock, and as she woke up, she realized she had slept in her clothes. She smelled them, and they didn't smell half bad, so she decided to wear them today. She put a piece of bread in the toaster, and brushed her teeth. After that, she combed her snarled ponytail, until she could run her fingers through it. She grabbed her piece of toast, popped it into her mouth, slipped on her shoes and backpack, and dashed out the door, excited for what today would bring. Once she got to school, she sat outside on the bench, waiting for her new friends, as other students talked around the field and such.

Even arrived at the school and soon saw Laura on a bench; presumably waiting for him and Lis.

"Sup." Even said as he sat down next to Laura.

Lis woke early, got ready quickly, and was dropped off from her mother. She went with simple clothes; bleached jean shorts and a loose blue t-shirt with a sports logo on the back. Her leg was of course in its' new boot, which she walked surprisingly normal in despite the injury.

She walked up to school, squeezing her backpack straps tightly.is spotted Even and Laura together on a bench, looking like they were waiting. She smiled at them, and went straight into school, not even considering the seat was for her.

Even saw Lis walk inside the school, probably believed he nor Laura were waiting for her. Even let out a sigh.

"I'll be right back." Even said to Laura before he went inside after Lis.

"Gotta say, not cool to ignore and open seat." Even said to Lis with a chuckle, trying to make a joke of the situation.

"Nothing much." Laura said. Laura motioned that she was going to get Lis, as she dashed into school. "I saved you a seat outside." Laura said, as she tried to tell Lis that she was waiting for her to join them as friends.

A surprised look appeared on Lis' face as Even and Laura stopped her, telling her the seat was for her. “Oh, sorry.. um, am I supposed to go back and sit?” She tilted her head slightly at the two.