• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Even stood there for a moment without saying a word. Even glanced back at Laura before he turned to Lis.

"Thanks. You're probably right about Laura. Name's Even." Even said with a small smile before he faced the ground with a frown.

"Do...do you think people can change? That even if a person did many things they are not proud of, they can turn it around and be something better?" Even asked Lis, his voice soft as he faced Lis.

Rev sighed as he analyzed the situation. Lis leaving with a bloody nose, Rev catching Roman looking at him and muttering before 'falling unconscious'. Coincidence? Rev thought not.

"Teacher, I got Roman. Being a football player and all it should be easy to carry him to the nurse."

Getting the approval from the teacher, he slung Roman on his shoulder and walked out of classroom.

"Roman, your smart but your not that smart. Most people could guess that you like Lis, it's rather obvious. All I got to say is you need to watch your back." He spoke quietly as he walked towards the nurses office.

Lis smiled, happy that somebody came for a little bit of advice. At his question, nostalgia hit her like a rock. Brushing it away, she nodded slowly. “Definitely. Everybody deserves unlimited second chances if they're certain on changing,” she said, closing her eyes, face forward.

“I don't know what you did that has you so hard on yourself, but trust me. It's not as bad as you think. Nobody's perfect,” Lis said. Pausing, she sneezed, covering her nose in case of more blood. Sniffling, she murmured, “Somebody must be talking about me.”

Actually, Roman was unconscious. This having happened from him taking his mothers anti depressant medication. So he was essentially O'ded on pain killers. However it wasn't extremely life threatening. Unless ya know he stopped breathing.

He mumbled something softly, unable to form words, as his brain freaked out from the obviously not welcomed painkillers.

"I'm glad you think that. I...I want to be a better person. I don't want my past to define me. I just...lack the belief I can." Even explained, keeping the details of his life hidden and his voice soft.

"By the way, I don't believe I caught your name." Even stated, having just come to that realization.

“Lis Fifer,” she replied in a soft tone. “Try letting others' belief replace yours for a little bit,” she suggested. “While you're trying to find your own, you can use theirs as a temporary support.”

Lis looked forward, spotting the door to the nurses office. “I'll be right back,” she said to Laura and Even. Stepping in, she explained the situation. The nurse let her wash up and grab a small tissue bag in case it happened again. She thanked the nurse, stepping out cleanly. Her hand was its usual color, and her pretty face wasn't stained with blood.

“Thank you both for taking me here,” she smiled at the two.

"No problem." Laura said with a small bow, respecting the popular and pretty girl. Lura had heard Even and Lis talking about something down the hallway, but didn't quite catch it. Laura walked back to class, and sat at the piano, for her piano solo, as the teacher instructed. Laura set both hands in C position, and played Fur Ludwig, by Beethoven. She had been told to practice every night, so she did so every morning and night.

Rev walked past Laura and briefly nodded to her as he continued to haul Roman along. He passed by the new kid and Lis, and sighed in relief. She was going back to class and Roman was going to be with the nurse, making things much easier for him.

"This guy keeps mumbling under his breath after passing out, although I'm confident you already know why." Rev stated bluntly as he dumped Roman onto a cot in one of the adjacent rooms.

Waving to the nurse, he left and started to walk back to class, hoping to catch up to Lis before she got back.

As Laura departed, Rev quickly walked past her and Even, Roman arched over him. Panic shot through Lis as she watched him take the unconscious boy into the nurse's office. “Oh, jeez, I hope he's okay,” Lis murmured nervously to herself. Turning to look up at Even, she smiled. “So, uh, take my advice. It might work,” she said, beginning to walk back.

Even couldn't help but let out a smile at Lis. Maybe she had a point, Even had to at least give it a try. Maybe...maybe things really would be different here.

Even then walked down the halls, going for one last check around the area before the period would end and his next class would begin.

When Laura finished her Solo, the music teacher clapped, and the rest of the band started to perform. Laura nodded to the teacher, and left the classroom, as she went to check on her lip from this morning. When Laura saw the slightly swollen lip, she pat on it a bit, and a shot of pain flew threw her mouth, as she immediately removed her finger from her lip. She watched the clock move slowly, until the bell, rang, and she went to her locker to grab her lunch money. Lunch was Laura's favorite part of the day.

Even sat down under a tree, away from other students. Even pulled out a small paper bag and grabbed a sandwich from it before he began to eat it. Didn't taste that great, but it was the best he could put together. Mom was too busy with her early shift to make him lunch anyway and they weren't made of money. Still Even was in a better mood today than he would have been on most days, so the sandwich tasted better.

Laura walked over to the lunch room, and payed for her lunch. She grabbed her tray, and decided to sit by Even, but didn't see him. She looked out the window, and saw him under a tree. She walked outside, and said, "Hey, Even!" as she walked over to his spot under the tree. She sat next to him, and began to eat the school lunch, a tuna and cheese sandwich. "How's your day been, Even?" she asked, ignoring the pain that hung on her slightly swollen lip.

Music class was quick, and lunch had already arrived. Lis, who brought her own lunch everyday, had grabbed her bag and traveled outside. There were benches and tables for students to eat on, but most were occupied. Lis looked around a bit, denying requests to sit with them politely. She spotted Even eating and Laura sat down by him under a tree. She was going to sit with them, but she wasn't sure she'd accept her to eat with them, so she didn't. Grudgingly, she sat by Henry's usual friends. They gossiped and conversed whil Lis boredly played with her food and weakly laughed along with them.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Laura said, as she saw Lis sit with Henry. She saw Henry whispering to some friends, while looking back at Laura, and pointing. Laura's cheeks puffed up in anger, as she stuffed more of her sandwich in her mouth.

As Henry teased Laura from afar, Lis, who sat next to him, rolled her eyes. “I'm not hungry anymore,” she said blankly, getting up and throwing her food away. She had only taken one bite of her salad, and hadn't even bothered to touch the cookies her mom baked for her. Henry protested to Lis, but Lis shot him a hard, mean stare. “I said I'm not hungry. Meaning I'm not sitting by you anymore,” she hissed. Henry shivered, as Lis' glares were absolutely harsh. He muttered a 'whatever', and the table went silent.

Rev for the first time that day, actually got to see some stuff actually happen, and he was immensely glad that out of all the things that had happened today, he was able to see this, as it provided an opprotunity.

You see, sitting at lunch was kind of permanent. By changing seats, one could lose popularity like that. As such, Rev deemed this moment to be crucial.

Before Lis gave her ultimatum, Rev was sitting down a few tables away with an odd assortment of people that he had been sitting next to in lunch since pretty much kindergarten. An emo couple, three football players, a popular prankster, and himself. The social standing of the said group was decently high. Not high enough to be considered the most popular, but popular enough not to be too much of a dent on Lis and her social standing should she choose to join.

Rev made a gesture towards Lis, and the group nodded after brief consideration. Talon, the female emo who sat to Rev's left, practically pushed Rev towards Lis. Well, time to save the girl.

Rev decided first that the persistant silence that had spread from table to table had to go in order to make things easier. He walked up to Lis and the group, eyes slowly focusing on the suicide mission Rev was doing.

"Hey, whatz up Henry! Ready for that practice this afternoon?" Still silent, Henry's face looked as if he couldn't be any more confused. Time to step it up an notch.

"I just came over because I'm concern for a fellow team mate, couldn't help but notice that black eye you got from Laura earlier is getting bigger by the minute." That received a couple of laughs and whispers. Rev turned his attention to the friends of his who got trounced by Lis and Roman earlier. "And look at you guys! You ganged up on a girl and lost!" Henry and his friends began to stand up as more whispers ensued. Rev walked back to Lis in a controlled fashion.

"You see that table over there, the one with the emo couple, jocks, and that prankster? Well I really need someone to fill in for me in the daily poker game we have, so I need you to go over and play for me. Anybody gives you trouble, and those guys got you. I'm going to run now." He said as he turned to the now alarmingly close 'gang'.

"Catch me if you can scumbags!" Rev yelled as he ran away from Lis and practically ran through Henry as he broke away from the dining area in the midst of a now much louder group of students either cheering him on or laughing. The group paused for a second before rushing after him. Henry looked back at Lis as he got up. "This isn't over." Was all he said as he broke after Rev.

With all the sudden commotion, Lis found herself submissive to do what Rev said. She really had no other option, but what else could she have done? And got a brief second, she caught Henry's rude stare. At his 'threat' Lis rolled her eyes. Shoving her hands in her sweatshirt pocket, she went over to the table Rev spoke to and sat down. With a weak smile, she rested her head in her hand, occasionally agreeing with what somebody had to say.

Laura saw Rev's comment, about ganging up on a girl and losing, and even though she shouldn't of, she smiled at this comment, and went back to eating her sandwich. Laura did think Rev was a bit cute, but her effections of right now were turned to Even. "I have an idea!" Laura said, as she dug a piece of paper, and a pen, as she wrote down her number, 230- 683 - 1209, on the piece of paper. "I get lonely at home sometimes. You can text or call." She said, as she set the piece of paper by Even, and left for gym as the bell rang.

Even sat there in stunned silence. Laura, a girl who he had just met gave him her number. The growing reality that she really considered him a friend was now becoming crystal clear. Even couldn't help but smile. Even got up to go to his science class...only to run into the Principle Eli once again.

"You know, I had hope that I wouldn't see you again, no offense." Even said to the Principle Eli, who smiled back at Even.

"You're not in trouble Even. I'm just here to give you this." Principle Eli said, handing Even a piece of paper, Even took it an opened it. It was a schedule. Even was confused.

"It's your new schedule. I even accounted to remove one period for Hall Monitor duties." Principle Eli said, but it didn't make Even any less confused.

"But, I just had PE. There has to be a mistake to this." Even explained, Principle Eli continued to smile at him.

"No, it's no mistake. I decided to change around your schedual so that, with the exception of your Hall Monitor period, would match that of Laura's." Principle Eli explained. Causing Even's eyes to grow wide and his jaw to drop.

"What?" Even choked out, it was all he could muster.

"You see, you're...history, is a troubling one. And you've never gone to a school without a major incident as a black mark...except this one. I believe Laura is bringing out a side of you, a good side, and it might help you become a more model student. I made a gamble and decided to ensure you would be seeing her as often as possible. I believe she can help you." Principle Eli explained. This was definitely an odd case, as normally the school didn't bend over backwards to ensure two friends could share classes. But in Even's case Eli really felt she could act as a positive influence. Even let out a sigh.

"I guess I don't have a choice. Fine. I'll be your little test dummy." Even said to Eli before he walked off, going back to the gym where Laura ran off to earlier.

Laura had gotten changed into her gym outfit, as she saw Even enter. "Hey, Even!" Laura shouted, as she started to stretch her legs for the twenty killer laps around the school. "You should get a drink of water. It'll prepare you for death hill." Laura joked, as she smiled.

It was pretty quick when the bell rang to dismiss lunch. Lis was pretty good at physical education, as she played basketball, volleyball, softball, and occasionally swam for the swim club. It's how she maintained her excellent form.

Departing from the group of strangers, she directed her way to the locker room to change into her gym clothes. They consisted of a white t-shirt, with letters of the school's name printed on the back, and red sporty shorts with two black stripes down the side. Lis' gym shoes were white adidas superstars, which surprisingly worked as a flexible shoe. She pulled her ponytail out, and with incredible speed, tied her dyed hair into to braids.

Exiting the room, she went back towards the gym where a few others were going. Biting her cheek, she followed them inside, preparing for the nightmare to come. Lis was fast, but she didn't enjoy running. At all. She spotted Laura joking with Even again, to which she smiled weakly to herself.

Even entered the gym, already having changed back into his gym clothes. "Lucky me. This is the second time I'll be part of this killer "workout" they pretend to call it. I think you should know something." I say to Lauran as I hand her my new schedule. I now had all her classes, except for the period I was on Hall Monitor Duty.

"Looks like we are now stuck with each other." Even said before he sat down to stretch.

Last edited:
(Inappropriate language. Please edit it)

Laura looked at the gym coach, Mr. Freedmon, and he blew his whistle. Laura ran as fast as she could, quickly beating the other kids, in a race to the finish. When she had finished, the coach looked at her, surprised. "Fifteen minutes, that's a new record, Laura!" Mr. Freedmon said, as he gave her a pat on the back. "I want to see that at football practice tonight!" he continued. Laura was the only female football player in the whole school, with dreams to become the first woman in the NFL. She trained many hours after school, but making sure she fit in time for homework.

(Done)

Even finished not to long after, 22:16 to be specific. However, when he heard Laura was a football player Even was surprised.

"They have female football teams at this school?" Even asked Laura, unaware that Laura was on the male team. Even had only recently moved here anyway.

"No, I made an exception to the team a couple months ago." Laura said, with a smile, as she jogged in place. "It's my dream to be the first woman on the NFL!" Laura said, excitedly.

Even was stunned speechless. Laura had a rather ambitious dream, compared to Even had didn't have one to speak of. Still Even couldn't help but be happy for...for his friend.

"Well, you've got the speed. No doubt about that. Say, when you make history you think you can reserve some season tickets for me?" Even asked, more of a joke but also a show that he had belief in Laura.

Laura's face lit up, as she heard his joke. "Sure thing!" Laura joked, as she elbowed him in the rib gently. Coach Freedmon blew his whistle, as he ordered the finishing students to stretch for the next activity. "Her comes the best part! Especially on a colder day like this one!" Laura enthused, as she let the wind blow in her ponytail.

Running went quick enough. Lis finished at an average time: around seventeen or eighteen minutes. It wasn't long before it was announced for stretching. This was Lis' favorite part, as she was rather flexible and was on a private gymnastics team at a different community. While other kids did lunges or trump twists, Lis easily set her legs into a left splits. With both legs flat on the ground, she cracked her knuckles, leaving students around her grossed and amazed.

Switching to her other leg, she cracked the opposite side's knuckles. She had previously caught conversations between Laura and Even, as Laura was impressive in football, and Lis wondered quietly about other sports that she didn't play. With her attention drifted, it took her a few seconds to realize the PE teacher was saying her name, trying to tell her she was still in her splits. “Oh, oops,” she mumbled, retracting her legs and standing up with slightly red cheeks.

"A couple volunteers are going to dump icy buckets of water on the runners of the 5k track. The winner doesn't need to take a shower after gym class." Coach Freedmon announced. Laura needed this pass, so she readied her legs, as she darted of in the lead, getting icy buckets of water dunked on her head.

Even watched in the back, making the choice not to have ice water dumped on his head. Things went well enough...until an obnoxious honk from a car on the nearby street across from the track field got someone's attention. Even turned...only for his eyes to widen in horror at an all too familiar car in the distance. An old beat up mini-van with countless edgy designs slapped on it to be specific. Even couldn't make out the details or hear the voices of the three passengers in the car trying to get someone's attention due to distance, but Even didn't need it. Even knew exactly who they were and more importantly knew he needed to get away from them.

"Excuse me, yeah I need to go use the restroom. Key thanks I'll be back bye." Even said at a rapid pace, not even waiting for the teacher to give him approval as Even dashed from the track back into the gym. At that point Even just sat in the gym and waited for class to end so he could escape into the school and avoid those...troubles from the past.

Last edited:
Laura ended up finishing first, and shouting, "No showers!" while lifting her arms into the air. Some kids got a whiff of that, and said, "Maybe she should shower anyways!" which made Laura laugh a little. She noticed that Even wasn't here, but a car with starnge designs were.

Even sat in the gym, alone and not having said a word. Even couldn't believe those, those three found him.

No, I'm just being paranoid. They're probably just looking to mess around and attract attention. No way they could know I'm here. This is my third school in four years! I just got to relax. The period will end soon, then I can just forget about those punks outside while I'm in campus.

Even tried to relax as he sat in the gym and waited for the period to end. Even's bathroom excuse would probably be put into question by now; he'd been gone longer than a quick trip to the restroom should take.

Meanwhile the car continued to honk as large signs of unflattering imagery were being held up by the car's occupants who learned out the windows, trying to get the attention of the students and staff on the track across the street.

Last edited:
Coach Freedmon hollered at the people in the truck, and said that if they didn't leave that he'd call the cops. Laura didn't stick around to see if they would leave or not, but asked to use the bathroom as well, so she could find out where Even went. Laura walked inside, to see Even, sitting inside of the gym. "Are you okay, Even?" Laura asked him, as she sat down next to him.

Even was deep in thought before he heard Laura and saw her sit down next to him.

"Y-yeah. Guess after I used the restroom I needed to...rest." Even said, it was an obvious lie but he still felt the need to say it.

Meanwhile the participants in said truck yelled curses at Coach Freedmon before they drove away, honking all the while just to drive home the annoyance. It was loud enough for Even to hear in the gym as he got up and moved to peak out the door, seeing the truck was no longer there.

"Oh thank god." Even said to himself, unaware he spoke just loud enough for Laura to hear him.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" Laura asked, worriedly, as she looked at Even straight in the eyes. "Is there something wrong with the men in the truck?" Laura asked, more concerned on Even's words.

"No, it's nothing. Nothing at all..." Even said in a low voice to Aura before he sat on the floor, head buried in his knees.

"Darn it...darn it..." Even said to himself in a soft voice, body shook a little as Even was on the verge of breaking down. Whether or not Laura could hear him didn't matter at this point. Even was deep in thought and busy trying not to lose it.

Why? I don't want to go back to that. Why are they here? Why...why won't they just leave me alone?

Don't worry dude, you can trust us. Everything will be fine...
Things will be different, you can trust me...
I promise we'll go camping someday, trust me...

"Trust, that word is a word of lies. You don't mean it, no one ever does. You just want me to do what you want to do! I'm not gonna be fooled again! I...I'm sorry...this isn't your fault. I...I don't want to get hurt again..." Even says, starting off with anger but moving on to heartbreak as tears began to drop, not that Laura could see it given Even's head was buried in his knees. Though the sounds of sobbing would give it away.

"I...can't trust...no one...no one ever means it..." Even says as he has his full breakdown. Lacking the shame to even look Laura in the eye.

Last edited: