• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Welcome to my Role play! As you can tell, this RP is about the life of a couple high school kids, or us, that are either misunderstood, bullied, most popular, most mischievous, or any other type you can think of! It's your high school life.
Now, here is an example of how to introduce your character, and pay close attention to what you need to add.

Name: Laura
Appearance: Laura has honey blond hair that goes past her spine, and is usually held up in a high ponytail. Laura usually wears a dark blue sleeveless hoodie, and beige cargo shorts. she wears white socks that are usually hidden in her black converse high tops. She has a blue back pack. She has beautiful brown eyes.
Personality: Laura is really calm, and relaxed. She is artistic, and tries to be as funny as possible. She loves to sing, dance, and sketch her surroundings, and none of these she has ever done to anyone. Laura is often cheerful in her free time, and has a more tomboyish personality. She dreads going to school, for the fact people judge her and her childish ways.
Type: Misunderstood
Crush (if you have one): none so far

Rules
You may swear
Only mild inappropriate actions, if necessary
No morbid profile pictures
No inappropriate phrases
No overpowered characters
You must have a paragraph amount of words
Only few alcoholic references, if necessary
You may feel free to be a bit violent, but no excessive gore or descriptions of it.

Follow all the rules, for if you do not, you'll be reported.

If you are going to ask, you can either ask on my profile page, or on the discussion page. The link to it is here https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-life-of-highschoolers-discussion.16150/
DO NOT ask on this thread!

Laura was walking down the school halls, looking cautiously around every corner, every turn. "Good...so far good..." she said, as she continued to walk some more, heading to her locker. But before she made it completely, a hand grabbed her hood. Crap! she thought, as the hand lifted her off the ground. "Where are you going?" a tall boy asked, as he gave the girl a smirk. He was soon accompanied by others, as they started to form a circle. Without warning, the hand let go of Laura's hood, as she fell to the ground, and the started to kick her. Laura, used to the pain, learned to ignore it, and take care of the cuts and bruises later. Some kids punched her, while she lay motionless on the ground, waiting for them to be done. No kid stopped them, nor teacher. Laura didn't call for help, she just waited, waited for the pain to end, so she could get to class, just to get to her locker.

Last edited:
Even arrived at the entrance of Handrakes Highschool, ready for the next chapter of his life. After two different schools in the last three years, he hoped that high school would provide some stability in his life; he doubted it, but he had to hope. He walked into the school and down the hall when he saw a group of kids beating up a girl in the middle of the hallway, with no one not even a teacher stepping in.

"Can see why they said I'd fit in here." Even said to himself. Truthfully he didn't want to bother with the situation; the girl wasn't his problem. However the group was blocking his path, so it couldn't be helped.

"I don't care what your problem is with this girl, but if you don't stop and get out of my way you'll end up wishing you were in her position." Even said to the group giving them a death glare.

The group turned to Even, and Laura turned to see what was happening. Still sore from the hits, she looked at the kid. "Go ahead, be my guest! But if you want to end up like Laura here, you don't want to keep around us." The leader, or the older boy who started all of this, had said. He stepped to the side, as the group followed. Laura took her chance, and started to sneak away, but only to have the Leader stop her, by pulling on her arm. "Not class yet, so where are you going?" he said, as he dragged her to the side again. Without Laura on the floor, the kids started beating her up again, until the leader had her pinned on a wall. "Stay away creep." he said. Then he punched her in the kisser, as the group disbanded. Laura held her bleeding lip, and ran to the bathroom to clean it up.

Aspen had been in the bathroom already. She was washing up when she saw Laura run into the restroom with a bloody lip. Her eyes widened and she shut off the water, dried her hands off on her jeans, and walked over to the girl. "What happened?" she inquired, a little nervous to know the answer. I hope it wasn't a kid here...Because I don't want to be expelled for fighting on my first day. Aspen had moved to Lisidia just two days before. She had spent the first day unpacking her family's stuff from their home in Snowbourough and the second day her mother had enrolled her at Handrakes. Today was the third day, and already she had seen someone hurt.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just ran into a wall." Laura assured Aspen. "A wall of kids..." she whispered to herself, as she grabbed a paper towel, wet it, and put it on her lip. "I'm Laura by the way." Laura said, holding out a hand. Laura had been bullied by people all her life, even in preschool! Pathetic, you may say, but Laura doesn't fight back, knowing how much it hurts. Laura pat her bloody lip with the paper towel. She had no friends, and she was completely misunderstood.

Even watched the group disperse and let out a sigh. He watched the girl, Laura, run into the bathroom after getting punched in the face. What a group of pathetic cowards, still they at least got out of his way and Even made his way towards his locker; he avoided getting into a fight like he'd be warned not to so that was a good start.

Aspen smiled and shook Laura's hand. "I'm Aspen. I just moved here a few days ago from Snowborough," she told Laura. Then she dug her schedule out of her pocket. "Let's see...I'm in Mrs. Weston's class for English first hour. Who do you have first?" she asked. I wonder if she's in Band Class? That'd be cool. Maybe we can be friends.

"Nice to meet you. I go to Math class, with Mr. Hubor." Laura said, as she took her hand away from Laura's. Once her lip was done bleeding, she threw away the paper tower, and said, "I best go put my stuff in my locker. Talk to you at lunch?" she asked, as she started to open the door.

Even was currently sitting across from Mr. Hubor, his Math Teacher. Class hadn't started but he was told he had to talk with each of his teachers before class began as part of his special "agreement."

"Well Mr. Matthews, so long as you don't cause any trouble I don't think we'll have a problem. Remember, you're already on thin ice as it is. Do you understand?" Mr. Hubor said.

"Sure thing teach, I'll do my best to avoid another incident." Even said with a bored expression.

"Very well. Welcome to my class. I'd advise you sit in the front row, where..." Mr. Hubor started to say before Even got up and sat in the front corner by a window.

"Yeah yeah yeah sit in front so you can keep an eye on me. I get it." Even said before he stopped talking and just stared out the window. Mr. Hubor just let out a sigh before preparing his white board for the upcoming class.

Aspen smiled. "Sure!" she said, and hurried to her locker. She pulled out a notebook and a pencil case, as those were the only things that the girl could really think that she need for that class. She gave an amused huff at already having to kick her backpack into her locker. Of course. After she had crammed the poor purple bag into the locker a satisfiable amount, Aspen slammed the locker door and hurried to class.

Lis was tired.

She did not want to be in school, not anywhere near it. Yet there she was, walking into math class a bit early. She could've skipped class, maybe taken a nap, but she had decided against it. She saw that a boy in the front was scowling at the teacher, Mr. Hubor. Lis didn't blame him. She wasn't in the mood for learning.

She walked to the back of the room, sitting in a far desk and putting her bag under the chair. An “I'd rather be dead than here” look was clear on her face, and it shone brightly at the Professor. I'm seeing it, he just furrowed his eyebrows in disappointment at her. She didn't care. Her grades were pretty good anyways, so she figured she could rest for a bit.

Laura walked out of the bathroom, and into her locker in a hurry. She crouched down low, and put her backpack on the ground, rummaging through to find her math book. "There..." she said, as she pulled out a thick book, and a pencil. She zipped up her book bag, stuffed it in her locker, and hurried off to class. When she opened the door to Mr. Hubor's room, she realized the boy from before, sitting in the front row. Laura, sat down next to him, and nodded at Mr. Hubor. Laura also saw another girl, sitting far in the back, looking terribly tired. "Wow..." Laura said. That was about all she could say. Wow.

Even shot a look at the girl who sat next to him, the one who got mugged earlier, before turning back to the window. Even wasn't much of a talker, and he wasn't planning on changing that. Even had noticed the girl in the back but paid her no mind. Though at least he could understand how she felt. He wasn't exactly excited to be here.

"Hi..." Laura said to Even, trying to strike up some useful conversation. "I'm Laura. And thanks for, you know...distracting Henry back there...I might've still been there, if you hadn't said something..." Laura said to Even, awkwardly. She hadn't much to say, other than Henry, the leader of the group, and her had some history to back this all up.

Last edited:
Aspen walked into the classroom, but Mrs. Weston stopped her just mere steps from the door. "You're Aspen, right?" she asked. The teacher was young and had her blond hair down, it was only about to her chin. Aspen nodded and opened her mouth to speak, but Mrs. Weston cut her off. "There was a mistake with your schedule. Go to Mr. Hubor's room, and I'll see you later today." Aspen thanked Mrs. Weston and walked as fast as she could to the other teacher's class. She saw Laura in the front row, sitting next to a boy that seemed indifferent to her being there, and sat in an open seat to her right.
"Hi, Laura," she said and began to explain. "Someone screwed up my schedule. Looks like I'm in this class."

Even let out a sigh. He wasn't a people person, but he was told he should try and socialize. Well he'll give it the old college try.

"Punks were in my way. Nothing else to it. Though I do wonder why you don't you go to a teacher about that? Your reaction seems to suggest that was common." Even asked, curious.

"Hi Aspen." Laura whispered to her friend. "It is common..." Laura said, then turning to Even. "The truth is, me and Henry have history...Henry is one of the most popular kids in school. Me and him were great friends, and I had some feelings for him. So one day when I told him, his opinion completely changed about me. You see, he thought I was some sort of creep, for just liking him, and all." Laura explained. Usually, if someone finds out that you liked them, they are just weird about it. But there was more to the story that Laura didn't want to explain.

Last edited:
"So he's an jerk? Got it. Look I...I'm not an overly caring person, but if this guy tries that again, do something about it. Stand up for yourself. Go to a teacher. Something. Cause doing nothing is getting you nowhere." Even said, never breaking his gaze from the window. He knew all too well that Laura was hiding something, but he wasn't gonna press the issue.

Last edited:
Rev strolled along the hallway, smacking his gum while listening to some Punk Rock at full blast, the music pounding his eardrums from the close proximity to his earbuds. He had checked his schedule to find one of his favorite subjects, math. Not that he liked math, it just came too easily to him, the numbers like notes in a song.

He walked in to find an intresting arrangement. Laura with a new blow to the lips, probably the most intresting scapegoat in the whole school was sitting with some dude in the front, Mr. Hubor seemed to look over to him every now and then as if the kid was going to stab him. They had this girl next to them that he didn't know, which meant she was new. Then there was a bunch of average kids filing in the middle, but the real attention grabber was Lis in the back, about ready to fall asleep, and an open desk to her left. He started to head over and sat down next to her.

Why was he so eager to be by Lis? Well, he had lived in the same place for his whole life, so he knew everybody, and the only person who he admired was Lis. He had been in some of her classes on and off throughout the years. She was the only non-male person he knew who had a little rebellion in her, that and she was pretty hot, so naturally he harbored a little of a crush although he made sure not to show it.

He placed his black leather satchel down and removed two coffee cups from his bag, placing one on Lis's desk and took a sip from the other one.

"You probably need this, just to be safe. Probably spent too much time partying I assume."

(Dude, @Godjacob my RP rules state no bad language, including the swear word, and the 'a' word you just used. So please edit that)

"There's a reason I don't fight back, or do anything..." Laura said, as she looked at the wooden desk before her. "But...I don't want to talk about it..." she said, as a silent tear fell down her cheek. It was about the teachers, her parents, and Henry. Her parents got stuck in an airport back in Virginia, still trying to get home, the teachers never cared about anyone getting beat up, and no matter what Laura said, it never effected what happened. It was a big crash and burn process.

(Sorry :( edited it won't happen again)

I won't push. Your life is your life. Just remember that letting people walk all over you, that isn't a life worth living. Believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about." Even said, recounting personal experiences.

(Thanks)

"Thanks, but no thanks." Laura said to Even, in a more stern voice, getting mad at his crappy attitude. "I don't think you'd get it." Laura said to him, not knowing his past. She then turned to Aspen, and asked her an important question. "What does it take to get a coffee in here?" she asked, pointing to Lis and Rev in the back. "Alright, class! Time to get to work. Let's start with some simple square roots, shall we? Laura! What's the square root of 64." Mr. Hubor asked. "Eight." Laura said, in complete boredom.

Lis was abruptly "awoken" by a mug being set on her desk. She looked at it, then to the boy next to her, Rev. she smiled, wrapping her hands around the mug, and drinking a lot of it. “Thanks,” she murmured to him, finishing it almost as quickly as she got it. “Henry's party was rowdy last night,” she sighed to the boy next to her, with his own mug. “That's why I'm not really awake.” She shuttered, remembering the previous night.

It was... interesting. Some people were dancing, some in the pool, others throwing up. Lis was one of the people who hung out with Henry the entire time. She was fond of him, but not so much that she would marry him. He, however, was very fond of her. There were rumors that they were dating, which Lis would politely decline. She could see her and Henry as a couple, but never thought about it actually happening.

Last edited:
"Good job, Laura." Mr. Hubor said to her. "A good job star for you!" he exclaimed. Laura slumped in her desk, as Mr. Hubor wrote her name on the board, and put a star beneath it. Laura slumped even farther in her desk. Some of the kids were snickering. Laura personally didn't like, 'good job stars'. Mr. Hubor knew she was bullied, and the times she went through, so he tried to make her feel better, without having to deal with Henry first hand. "I'm not a kindergartner..." Laura said to herself.

Last edited:
"So that explains why a lot of people look like they're dead, they're all on hangovers!" He held back a laugh as she said that she went to Henry's party. Everybody who was anybody knew that if you showed up to a party at Henry's you left drunk.

He turned his attention to the teacher, who had just awarded a star of some sort to Laura. "The heck, I think we are in the wrong room. This has to be an fifth grade class."

Lis felt bad for the girl who was treated like a second grader. This was high school, not elementary school. “She's not a little kid,” Lis said with confusion. She spoke quietly, so that the teacher wouldn't hear her. Shaking her head, she rubbed her eyes and leaned forward on her desk, resting her head in the arms.

Even said nothing. Being treated like a kid never felt great, but he felt she missed his main point. A compliment and some recognition can go a long way. Especially with the way she's treated around here.

"Alright...Lis! What's the square root of 36?" Mr. Hubor asked the girl in the back. Laura turned around, to see the girl, an empty cup on her desk. "Coffee..." Laura said, mouth watering. Laura usually stopped at Starbucks every morning, but today she was in a rush. To much homework last night.

Lis fought the urge to roll her eyes. “6, Mr. Hubor,” she said briefly. He nodded, turning around from her. When he wasn't facing her, she rolled her eyes clearly and passionate with an "I couldn't care less" aura. She saw the girl who was treated youngly staring at her empty cup, and Lis smiled. She guessed the girl was probably thirsty, but Lis hadn't even gotten the mug herself.

"Alright, Even." Mr. Hubor said, giving him a stern look. "Square root of 25." he asked. Laura turned to Even, who she guessed was in a bad mood, considering his attitude before, when they were talking. Laura looked at him with a sort of concerned, but mad face, as if she were trying to say, What's wrong?

Even let out a sigh before facing the teacher. "5." Even answered, shooting a glance to Laura as if he was saying Don’t ask before turning back to look out the window. Watching the clouds helped take his mind off things.

"Correct." Mr. Hubor said. "Now onto some harder stuff. Rev, if 'A' plus six equals twelve, then what's in place of a?" Mr. Hubor asked. Laura gave Even a look saying, Jeez! and turned to see Rev, in the back. Laura knew Rev, but hasn't really tried to converse with him. She usually gets nervous around boys, but not all the time.

"A is a place holder for 6 but it could also be the absolute value of negative 6. Try something harder please, this is a high school course." Rev sarcastically stated while kicking his feet up to rest them on his desk.

"Okay." Mr. Hubor said, as he wrote some stuff on the board. "If E92 square is equal to V63square, what is the range?" Mr. Hubor said, as he pulled down his glasses. "To figure out this question is your assignment. It's easy, unless you make it hard." Mr. Hubor said. Laura got out a piece of paper, and started to work. She knew the answer, and it was easy. She just had to work it out and put the answer down. She turned over her paper, and handed it to Mr. Hubor, who looked at it, and approved it.

Lis internally groaned. Of course Rev asked for harder stuff. Lis scribbled the correct answer on the paper she was given, stranded up, and handed the teacher the paper. He read it, an approving smile on her face. She went back to her desk, and leaned back.

Even wrote down the answer on a piece of paper before handing it to the teacher. He then made a move for the door.

"Have to use the restroom...may I be excused?" Even said, reminding himself he had to try and act polite. Just storming off would be a bad way to begin his first class.

Rev laughed at the simplicity of the question, they had done this two years ago in another math class, curiously enough he sat near Lis in there as well...

But he wouldn't be distracted, he quickly jotted down three different ways to solve the question, and found the same answer. He grabbed his satchel and pulled out a third cup of coffee. He wrote a message on it reading, 'Henry Sucks' and walked up with his paper and the cup, placing the cup on Laura's desk. The teacher widened his eyes on how much work he did, and gave his sign of approval. Returning to his desk he put his feet back on the desk.

"Go ahead, but be back quick. Class ends soon." Mr. Hubor said, in a stern tone. Laura looked at Rev, and smiled, as she reluctantly took the cup. Laura slowly took a sip of the warm and moist coffee, and looked at the words on it. She giggled at what it had read, and turned back to Rev, smiling at him, and giving him a thumbs up. Laura then drank the coffee, and looked at the time. "Ten more minutes until I head to English..." she said to herself, as she finished off the coffee. She then got out of her seat, and walked to the back of the room, handing the mug back to Rev. "Thanks, Rev." Laura said, giving him a smile, before heading back to her seat.
(Anyone here? @Tundra @Slytherin @Godjacob @AspenTR33 ? Anyone)

Last edited:
Even walked out to the bathroom, hoping to get his mind off things. Laura's experience reminded him so much of a certain someone he'd rather forget. In any event he needed to focus. He was about to leave when he bumped into another boy who shot him a glare.

"Watch where you're going punk!" The boy said, unkindly. Even took a deep breathe.

Laura watched the clock tick from ten more minutes, to five more minutes. She noticed Even still wasn't back, so she asked Mr. Hubor if she could get a drink of water. "Go right ahead, Laura!" Mr. Hubor said, smiling at her. Laura didn't want to lie to her teacher, but it had to be done. She stepped out of the math room, and walked down the hall, until she saw Even, and Henry. "It's time I take Even's advice..." Teiran said to herself, as she walked up to the two of them.