• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

"Can we move onto something else?" Even asked, wanting Ms. Pinto to stop so Laura would not break then and there. Ms. Pinto let out a sigh.

"Fine. Well then Even what did you dream about last night?" Ms. Pinto asked, Even was able to face her when he gave his answer.

"I dreamed that my dad came home from an overseas trip, took me and my mother camping. I quickly knew it was a dream, based on some show I saw that night. So the dream ended and I don't recall anything else." Even said describing his dream.

"Interesting. What gave away that it was a dream?" Ms. Pinto asked. Even remained silent for a moment, though it felt like an eternity, as he faced the floor again.

"My mother was smiling. And my dad was around. Kind of a dead giveaway something wasn't right..." Even said in a low voice. Ms. Pinto didn't say anything as she took some notes on both Even and Laura's answers.

Laura was at the edge of her seat, and knew what Even meant when he said it was a dead give away dream. "That seems like a lovely dream for you!" Laura said with a smile, hoping to make Even happy. Her mom and dad never broke up, but she knew how hard it must've been for him.

Dang it! Rico thought, mentally kicking himself for jinxing it. With a glazed look in his eye, and a bored expression on his face, he opened up his textbook and began counting the seconds to freedom. Only 1,138 more seconds to go before the next class...Yaaaaay... he thought.

"Yeah....a nice dream..." Even said in a soft voice before Ms. Pinto decided to move forward.

"Anyway, we'll move onto our next event." Ms. Pinto said before she handed Even and Laura each three index cards.

"You each will write down three questions on each of these three cards to ask the other. And you must answer said questions with the truth. Understand?" Ms. Pinto asked as Even gave a nod before he began to write down his questions.

Laura began scribbling down questions that she knew she could get away with. They read,
1. Favorite color
2. Favorite song
3. Favorite hobby
4. Favorite animal
5.Favorite book
6.Favorite movie
7. Favorite food
8. Most Favorite owned item
9. Favorite memory

Laura knew that the last one might strike Even, but she hoped he would be okay.

Even wrote down a bunch of easy questions, however because he knew Ms. Pinto would expect a "deep" question he asked for Laura's dream which Even already knew but Ms. Pinto did not.

1. Favorite toy?
2. Favorite song?
3. Hobbies?
4. Embarrassing childhood moment?
5.Favorite book?
6.Favorite movie?
7. Favorite TV show?
8. Unique skills?
9. Dream?

"Are you ready to share?" Mr. pinto asked the two students, as Laura readied her note cards. Laura nodded at Ms. Pinto, and Ms. Pinto gave Laura the permission to start. "What is your Favorite color?" Laura asked, and tried to make her voice sound as if she had strong feelings about the question.

(Since there's so many, I'll skip to the last questions each.)

"Blue." Even said, having answered the first question as the two exchanged several questions until they each made it to their last ones. Even went first.

"Alright, Laura, what is your dream?" Even asked.

"Well, I do have two...one is to be the first woman in the NFL...but the other...I want to be on The Voice, just once." Laura said, am excited look on her face. "Alright, Even. What is your favorite memory?" Laura asked him, not pretending to be serious about this question.

Rico wasn't even aware he fell asleep, oblivious to the fact he was dreaming. One moment, he was in the classroom, listening to the teacher lecture about metaphor and simile, the next he was in an alley with the walls covered in graffiti and piled up at the sides with all kinds of junk and garbage. He felt slightly confused at first, unsure of where he was, but then it began to rain, and it began to come back to him. The smell, the feeling of the rain soaking him to the marrow of his bones...he had been here before. His eyes widening in terror, he sprinted toward the alley exit, but the more he ran, the further away it seemed to get. Desperate to get out of that god forsaken place, he tried to pick up the pace. But then, he felt the hands pull him back into the shadows, and saw the flash of pocket knife blades as they rushed forward to claim his life...just as he woke up and snapped upright.

Last edited:
Lis, with annoyance, listened to the foul lecture of the teacher. She noticed Rico dozing off, until he jerked up, seemingly remembering he should've been awake. The teacher looked at him suspiciously before returning to her lesson. Lis smiled.

Even had to think about this. Most of his memories were bad ones, so it was hard to find something good among them. However...one memory soon presented itself just when Even was about to stop looking.

"There was this one time, I was a young kid and I pretended to be a superhero. My mom would act as the damsel in distress, hiding herself under some blankets and I would have to find & "save" her. Had a catch phrase to: Never fear, justice is here." Even said, a small smile on his face as he remembered that moment.

Laura thought that was a great memory, and it seemed like Ms. Pinti did as well. "That's lovely, Even! Now, I have one more activity, before you head to class. I want you both to tell each other how much you two like being friends. It's supposed to soothe your nistalga." Ms. Pinto explained, as Laura started to interrupt. "Ever since I met you, I knew we'd be best friends for life, nothing more, nothing less, and I think that you, me, and Lis are so close together, that I must've met you both in a past life!" Laura said excitedly.

Ms. Pinto stopped, as she lowered her glasses. "Who's this Lis, you speak of? Maybe she should join you guys..." Ms. Pinto said, saying the last scentenc ego herself.

Even let out a sigh. "For so long I've felt completely alone. Dad left, mom's always busy and the first "friends" I ever had...I'd rather not say. However you and Lis have given me something I had forgotten. Happiness, true happiness. You two will never know how much this means to me, all I can say is thanks...thanks for being my friend..." Even said, sniffles at the end as his eyes began to tear up. Tears of joy, something Even had almost never experienced.

"Darn it...have something in my eye..." Even said, making a move to wipe the tears out of his eyes.

Laura was really struck by his answer, and balled her eyes out, like someone finding out that Sailor Moon had just closed its doors. "Thank you! That was so meaningful! No ones ever said anything like that!" Laura balled uncontrollably, as her arms flopped up and down, in a strange floppy way. Man, those words must have gotten to her.

Even gave a smile to Laura as Ms. Pinto took some notes before turning to the two.

"Alright, let's call it a day, you two are free to head back to class." Ms. Pinto said with a smile as Even got up and walked out the door. Even leaned against a wall as he waited for Laura to come out.

Laura followed, and as soon as the door shut behind her, the bell rang, signaling, Music and Band class. Laura hurried to her locker, and pulled her piano book from her unzipped backpack, and then she stopped. Someone had opened her backpack, because it sure wasn't open when she put it in her locker before Math class. She rummaged through her backpack, and realized that her lunch money was gone, and so was her phone, and her football gear. She was about to blame Henry, but then she knew she couldn't pass the blame without knowing the true culprit. She sadly shut her locker, and pathetically cried in silence. She walked into the music room, and took her seat on the piano bench, wiping away her tears, as she waited for the music teacher to come in.

As soon as the bell rang, Lis was up and gone. Her face felt warm, and her eyes were a bit blurry. Just previously, she had been slumped in her seat, dimly paying attention with a headache. She shoved her hands in her pocket and mumbled incoherent words. She made it in one piece to music class, where she stumbled to her clarinet and dizzily brought it to her seat. Lis fumbled with the pieces until she got it together and set it on her lap. With her head hurting and pulsing with sudden heat, she lazily looked forward.

Laura turned back, as she saw Lis enter, not acting like she usually did. "Lis, are you okay?" Laura called to her friend, as she gave her a concerned look. Lis was't like this a lot, or at least Laura had never seen this side of Lis. Laura fiddled to the right page of her piano book, while waiting to see if Lis would answer her.

Rico left as soon as he could, striding down the hallway to his locker before heading to his next class. He was very fond of music, but class was a bit tedious. But better to endure an hour a day for a C than skip it and fail. However, just outside of the room, he noticed someone waiting outside with a smirk. Giving him a weird look, he stepped into the classroom and got out his sheet music and trumpet.

Laura turned to see a new kid she'd never seen before, and thought, Maybe the kid just moved here, or maybe I've failed to acknowledge him? Laura turned back to the piano, as the music teacher then started to conduct the class starting with Laura, and her piano solo in the beginning. She played the start to "Riptide" adding a few extra chords, to make it official, and also to make it have a sweet beat and bass sound, making it sound awesome, for at least her. She started to sing to herself in a lovely voice, as she thought, hidden from everyone. "Baby, running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side, I want to be your left hand man. I love you when your singing that song and, I've got a lump in my throat 'cause, your gonna sing the words wrong." for she loved the song riptide. Then the music teacher cued everyone else to join in.

Rico smiled as he took his trumpet, turned the pages of his book, and began to play along to pass the time. Music always felt like something that came naturally to him, though granted he was nowhere near perfect. As he played and got a hold of the rhythm, he began jazzing it up a bit while keeping to the melody.

Laura turned her head, somehow still playing the piano in rhythm to the song, and saw how the new kid was playing, jazzing up the song. Laura could do that, and she was going to try it. She played a few extra keys on the piano, giving it a little bit of a jazzy, kind of blues rhythm to it, smiling at the keys, as she really got into the groove.

"And you think someone stole something of miss Laura's?"

"I do. I don't have solid proof. But her behavior in front of the locker makes me guess that."

Even was in the Principle's Office, of his own choice this time, he saw Larua grab her stuff but also seem...really sad and nearly cried to herself for some reason. Even made a guess that something was missing, and had a bad feeling someone took something of hers.

"Do you have any idea who might have done it?" The principle asked.

"No, and I don't want to accuse anyone yet. I'll search the halls, since I am on duty and maybe I'll find something." Even said before he left the office and began to roam the halls. Even didn't have a plan, but he had hope that someone was outside the halls and he could find whoever did this crime Even is convinced happened.

Either I'll help Laura out or I'll just prove I'm rather crazy.

Henry, meanwhile, was walking the halls, in search of Lis, while he had a hand in his pocket. There was something in it for sure, but it wasn't Laura's missing things. It was just a note that one of his gang members had passed him in class. Henry saw Even roaming the halls, and ignored him like always, digging around in his pocket for fun.

"Hold it Henry."

Even moved in front of Henry. Under normal circumstances Even would have accused Henry on the spot. Who else would do something like that to Laura? However, after hearing Lis talk about Henry, Even decided to give the benefit of the doubt.

"Two things. One, do you have a pass? And two, what's in your pocket? I believe someone stole some stuff from Laura. I'm not saying you did it, you just happen to be the first person I ran into." Even explained to Henry.

"Nothing here." Henry said, holding up a pass, and the slip of paper in his pocket, careful as to Even not seeing it. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to use the bathroom." he said, sweat on his face. He usually never got put on the spot like that, but he was hiding something important to him.

“'M fine,” Lis mumbled to Laura, who soon began playing and singing. While the teacher urged them to use their music, Lis stood up and excused herself to the restroom. In the walk to the bathroom, she saw Even and Henry, something in Henry's hand. She smiled at the two, dizzily walking towards the door to the bathroom.

Even let out a sigh before he continued.

"I can tell your hiding something. Whether that's stolen property or just something personal is the only question. I have every right to suspect the worst of you, the way you treat Laura is quite frankly despicable..." Even said, taking a moment to glance at Lis before he refocused on Henry.

"...however, I have a friend who believes there is another side of you, a better side of you. So I want to give you the chance to show you are above being a petty thief. I'll ask again, what was in your pocket?" Even asked.

Henry started to worry a bit, but hid it. "A slip of paper, moron. Why?" Henry said, a smirk on his face. The fear of him being caught, or by what his friend wrote to him in class, was something that he only wanted Laura to find out, and so he could rub in her face what he had gotten his hands on.

"A slip of paper? And you just carry around a slip of paper in your pocket why?" Even asked. Even didn't know what was on the paper, but Henry was trying to keep it secret and that was something Even couldn't ignore.

"My math assignment. I forgot my planner." Henry lied, as he started to seat, but casually wiping it away with his sleeve. "Now if you'll excuse me, I really need to use the restroom." he said, as he walked away for the second time.

"Oh, well then all you need to do is show it to me. You don't even have to hand me the paper, just open it up and let me see it and I'll let you go." Even said, cutting Henry off. Henry's sweat and quick to denial attitude was a tell that he was lying. What reason he would have to lie over a piece of paper Even did not know. However, Even had to know what was on that paper.

"Fine. It's a note from a friend. But I'm NOT showing it to you!" Henry retorted, as he shoved the paper back in his pocket. "Now leave me alone!" he said, stamping off to the bathrooms, without stopping for Even.

Rico let out a laugh after the song was finished. "That was one heck of a tune we had going, huh?" he said to Laura. "I think the teacher liked it, too. Name's Rico."

"I know, right? The names Laura, it's a pleasure!" Laura said to Rico, as she nodded to him. "We still have another song. Want to jazz this with me as well? It's called, 'Heavy' if you haven't heard of it." Laura said, taking her seat on the piano.

"Sure thing. Let's jam, sister!" Rico said, readying his trumpet for the next song. So far, making new friends seems to be going quite well.

(OOC: Yeah, sorry for the short response, but there isn't much else I could think of saying in this scenario)

Even let out a sigh. He wanted to, but had nothing to justify a continual search of Henry. Even began to make his way down the hallway, with hope that he would find some clue to that locker thief.

(Thanks for replying)

This kids attitude was the only thing that cheered Laura up from her frequent incident. Laura walked back to the piano, and started the beginning of "Heavy" singing, "I'm holding on. Why is everything so heavy, I'm holding on. So much more than I can carry...I keep dragging around what's bringing me down, if I just let it go I'd be set free..." When the chorus came on.

Waiting for the right moment, Rico began to play once more at the chorus, his trumpet blaring notes in sync with Laura's piano playing as he kept up with her. He could feel the fiery passion in his heart as he played, and he could hear their tune flourish into a melody that was true to the song, but created in a whole new way.