• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Battle Spire is active and looking for competitors! (Sign Ups/Discussion)

@SharpShotInteleon
please do not double post in the Main RP page as it is against Pokecharms rules, keep everything into one post, if something needs to be changed or added, edit the post

I would suggest you delete the second post and edit it into your initial post.

please read the official poke charms RP post rules if you're not sure about the rules found here

Corviknight should be fine. In the RPs particularly this one the power of the Pokemon varies greatly depending on the trainer and Pokémon relationships such as a lot of of techniques that Spire Masters use are things that not even some Battlemasters can pick up. I’ll explain some of them as the RP progresses, they are small subtle things but make huge impacts in battle and they can be hard to spot

@Captain Pokémon I would suggest you possibly edit your last post, you are stating things hitting Talia's Pokémon without giving her a chance to do anything about it (which is a form of autoing and against forum rules). Also Gigalith is not known to be a very quick Pokémon in any sense of the word. Firing a Solar Beam, followed by using what I assume is either Earthquake or Stone Edge, then “charging” forward with Throat Chop in rapid succession and without the enemy Pokémon being able to react in between each attack from such a slow Pokémon is making me picture a Gigalith moving as if it was fast forwarded.

In regards to the first part, if you had @EeviumZ permission or already edited the post, then please disregard, but for the speed that Gigalith was pushing out attacks, I would just say, please consider the physical capabilities of the Pokémon. I know some Pokémon may be quicker than they are in the game as they are living creatures, but Gigalith is literally a miniature moving mountain, that thing’s not going to charge into anything expecting to hit something with decent speed.

Thanks, i mean there is ways for Pokemon in this particular RP to fire off quick and rapid attacks that normally shouldn't be able to and the draw backs, risks, and difficulties that comes with the ability to do that (Mainly for Spire Masters, and Tier 3 Battlemasters would be learning and trying it), but that is something that will be discussed between Celeste and Kari at their breakfast meet up

Due to multiple battles happening at the same time, please @ whoever you are battling, hopefully it will keep things smoother and easier to tell who's battling who

@Merciless Medic Sheila would pretty much have to know how to do it to some degree for her to have gained Spire Master the level of her mastry would depend on how she's ranked among the Spire Masters. If I remember right, she's fairly new to their ranks so she should be fairly familiar with it and her team would know how to do it, but is not exactly super intigrated into their battle style as some of the others. The techinique will become more clear when the next morning rolls around and Celeste explains it to Kari. I think I've name dropped it a few times during Celeste and Ceres's battle but i don't remember which parts.

Shade will have to learn about it if she wants to progress through the Battlemasters, other high tier Battlemasters like Rebecca, are training how to utilize it. Battling the Spire Masters in a way is like decrypting their techniques and figuring out what kind of strange subtle things they do to maximize the way they battle and give them any edge possible learning and mastering those things are the key to winning against them.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So I've just been informed of something that I require clarification on.

A while back I received an application for a Mega Evolution by @Foxex concerning a particular character - specifically in association with this particular thread - and I did not approve it because the character in question was a godmody mess even for this thread's questionable standards (while pretty much every single character in this thread borders on unreasonable godmoding, it's been allowed to continue existing provided that the characters are kept contained within this thread as stated specifically in a few mega approvals). I later approved a Mega Evolution application for a different, much more toned down version of the character who was quite a bit more reasonable.

However, someone just made an application for a mega evolution with a fairly overpowered character for use outside this RP, who justified their character by "Foxex applied with this character and got approved". Which honestly suggests that someone's been using mega evolution on a character version they were specifically disallowed to use mega evolution with. And that's no good.

So. I'd rather like to get Foxex's side of the story and see what's been going on here - is the allegation true, or did the other person miss an update to the character bio? I honestly have no time at present to wade through pages of whatever the zark has been going on in this thread.

@StellarWind Elsydeon

So the Bio that I applied with Celeste and was approved for the Mega has been mostly updated in the OP of the thread where I used her bio as the example template shortly after she was approved, the only portions i forgot to update were from the the "Position" to "Other Achivements" section, but even then the unedited version of those sections were toned down from the initial version, but was not the exact version i used for the Approved Mega evolution, That was, again, my bad, and I forgot to finish updating it. I planned on using the mega approved version of Celeste inside and outside of this RP, BUT, as of right now I have NOT used Celeste (any version of her) in any currently active RP, I have used the first version of her to apply to some threads a long, long while back, but i believe those threads are long dead now

So in short I do think the person did miss an update to Celeste's Bio, as I do try to go back to change things to keep them the most up to date while keeping the continuity of the relevant RP consistent. I will probably finish updating Celeste's bio late Saturday or Sunday as I have an art commission to finish by Saturday. If you need anymore more clarification, please do ask.

EDIT: the bio i sent to you in the approved Mega application is the most up to date version of the character as of now.