• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Battle Spire is active and looking for competitors! (Sign Ups/Discussion)

Position: Participant
Name: Sasha Yamoto
Hometown: Accumula Town
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 138 lb
Hair: Blonde/yellow, Spiky all around
Eyes: Hazel green
Clothing: Black hoodie hiding a utility belt, gray shirt with Ampharos art on it, sweatpants with white stripes on the sides, gray camo socks, tan boots with pale green soles and laces
Identifying Marks: Nothing much
Musculature: Skinny
Personality: Sasha is arrogant and very prideful mainly in battles. He cares a bit too much for his pokemon, but cheers them on never the less. He is a bit of a lone wolf, but will befriend those who have similar ideals and goals of to become champion along with training and befriending pokemon along side with them. On the side he is fun loving and reckless, since he thinks he knows more than others. Depending on his mood he will donate to others small portions of his gains as well as giving others advice.
Skills:
  • Great with stealth and camouflage
  • Knows the trick to catch pokemon easier
Past: As a young kid Sasha grew up with his father constantly being called to battle as he was the champion of that time. His mother would sit and watch him as he played with the family Herdier named Kole and Pignite named Flarig. When his father was home, Sasha would go hunting for apricorns and berries while camouflaging to avoid the gang of Karrablast that attacked those that disturbed their food supply. He had one older brother that did take his life when in high school from peer pressure, which drives Sasha away from having friends. His fiery passion came one day from a feisty Riolu he found while hunting that wouldn't give up to protect Sasha from being attacked by the Karrablasts. Went through Unova and became champion like his father before him, lost 3 weeks later to another trainer. Started a dojo in Nimbasa City and when buisness was booming and people could take over, he decided to travel and train more.
Family:
Heather Yamoto-Mother-45yo-works for MooMoo Milk inc.
Tyrone Yamoto-Father-51yo-former champion of Unova, works for Driftveil Cold Storage, seen as a trainer on Victory Road
Nashi Yamoto-Brother-died at 16-Wanted to be the champion like is father-One year older than Sasha
Likes: Being alone (reletivaly), Training, cooking, winning
Dislikes: Losing, Happy-go-lucky people, crowds
Fears: Peer pressure of any kind, losing his pokemon, failing his brother
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance:
Badges: Trio, Basic x2, Beetle, Bolt, Quake, Jet, Freeze, Legend, Toxic, Wave, Bug, Cliff, Rumble, Plant, Volt, Fairy, Psychic, Iceberg, Mind, Dynamo, Balance.
Achievements:
Beat Unova and Kalos, went through most of Alola, visited around Hoenn and battled some gyms out of order. Started a Training Dojo in Nimbasa City. When he heard about the new gym leaders, he challenged them and that's how he has those badges.
Is one of the few people to have a dusk form Lycanroc
Current:
Former Champion of Kalos and Unova
Head of Lucaridojo a dojo placed in Nimbasa City
Waiting for excitement to come to him, and possibly start dating
=========
Pokémon:
Species: Lucario
Ability: Steadfast
Hidden Power: Dark
History: Confronted and protected Sasha while hunting against the Karablast while a Riolu
Personality: Fiery passion for fighting and those it loves
Moves: Ice Punch, Meteor Mash, Counter, Brick Break
Item: Black Belt around its waist, dyed blue
----
Species: Greninja
Nickname: Chase
Ability: Torrent
Hidden Power: Rock
Special Features: Shiny
History: Won as a Froakie in a field trip in Kalos for getting the most correct type match-ups
Personality: Bold, Protects those he loves
Moves: Water Shuriken, Shadow Sneak, Subtitute, Night Slash
Item: None
---
Species: Ampharos
Nickname: Sheepish
Ability: Static
Hidden Power: Flying
History: Found at Floccesy Ranch
Personality: Alert and ready for action
Moves: Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Dragon Pulse, Power Gem
Item: Magnet attached to her tail
------
Species: Ninjask
Nickname: Flash
Ability: Speed Boost
Hidden Power: Fighting
Special Features: Eyes are blue not red
History: Caught in the White Forest as a Nincada
Personality: Speedy, likes to go fast, always in a rush
Moves: Aerial Ace, Bug Buzz, Dig, X-Scissor
Item: Silver Powder around his neck
----
Species: Aegislash
Nickname: Guard
Ability: Stance Change
Hidden Power: Fairy
Special Features:
History: Received as a Honedge during a bet for who keeps their pokemon
Personality: Wants to destr- battle those who appose it
Moves: Air Slash, King's Sheild, Sacred Sword, Iron Head
Item: Weakness policy taped in her shield
-------
Species: Lycanroc
Nickname: Rocky
Ability: Tough Claws
Hidden Power: Bug
Special Features: Dusk form
History: Received as a Rockruff during a bet for who keeps their pokemon
Personality: Doesn't care about anything, not very energetic
Moves: Stone edge, Accelerock, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang
Item: Muscle Band, around front right leg
===
Back up team:

Species: Galvantula
Nickname: Zappy
Ability: Compund Eyes
Hidden Power: Flying
Special Features: None
Personality: Very energetic
Moves: Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, X-Scissor, Poison Jab
Item: Poison Barb

Species: Gurdurr
Nickname: Bulk
Ability: Iron Fist
Hidden Power: Dragon
Special Features: Has a steel band on its gurdur
Personality: Very aloof, focuses on its muscles
Moves: Ice punch, Counter, Thunder Punch, Endure
Item: Focus Band

Species: Swoobat
Nickname: None
Ability: Unaware
Hidden Power: Ice
Personality: Always happy
Moves: Air slash, Psychic, Fly, Shadow ball
Item: Odd incense

Species: Nidoking
Nickname: None
Ability: Poison Point
Hidden Power: Rock
Special Features: Shiny
Moves: Poison Jab, Drill run, Iron Tail, Thunder Punch
Item: Muscle Band

Species: Beedrill
Nickname: Sting
Ability: Sniper
Hidden Power: Grass
Special Features: Darker Wings
Moves: X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Venoshock, Brick Break
Item: Razor Claw, a necklace

Species: Mr. Mime
Nickname: Sudowoodo
Ability: Filter
Hidden Power: Dark
Moves: Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Metronome
Item: Expert Belt
=====
@StellarWind Elsydeon wondering if I could possibly have a mega stone for my Lucario. I have been putting off asking for it because it didn't feel nessesary. But know that I think about it more, it makes sence why I should have it.
My Lucario has been with this character for all of his years, and was the first pokemon he had, plus since, this character went to Kalos, it would explain why he would have the key stone and Lucarianite.

Last edited:
I'm down for this, hope I'm not too late.
Position: Participant
Name: Ben (Unknown)
Height:5'11
Hair Color:Black
Build: Above average, comes with traveling in the wild, he's also pretty skinny however.
Eye color: Very dark Brown, basically black
Skin color: Semi dark
Birthplace:Viridian Forest
First Pokémon : Riolu at three years old
Likes: Warm weather/ Swimming/ Pokemon battles/ helping people
Dislikes:Cold weather/ Evil actions/
Fears: Pretty basic, fears danger befalling himself and the people he cares about
Clothing/ Accessories: Ben is a licensed pokemon ranger, as such he wears a blue shirt under his read hoodie, as well and red goggles, a yellow scarf, and all-terrain ranger shoes, which are pretty worn out. He also carries a styler, specially modifies by Prof.Hastings, and also has a rotom inside. Otherwise, he wears jeans.
Badges: all 8 from every region from kanto to galar
Achievements: (Required): Was the champion for kanto for a bit, before giving up his title, and has participated in every pokemon league and battled all champions.Supposedly he could become the champion of other regions, as he did in kanto, but after finding out about other regions such as johto, he gave up his title and continued his travels, after which he will always go as far as he can to beat the champions, but , even of he wins, he refuses to be the champion, and move on the the next region.

Personality (Required): Kind and caring to a fault, Ben will try to help every and anyone. He's capable in battle, and is surprisingly intelligent, at least pokemon-wise. He has some decent coordination when focused, and has dabbled in martial arts by training with Bea, a galar gym leader. He's pretty optimistic and like to crack jokes often. Despite his intelligence, he can be very dense and can't really take a hint. He's clumsy whenever unfocused, which is often. He can be very sarcastic and snarky when in a bad mood, usually because of cold or if he just doesn't like the person.

Battle Style: Ben is the definition of adaptable, he usually uses the first few moves in a battle to get a feel for the opponent's battle style, the adapts his to counter the other. If the opponent plays right though, he won't be able to, after which he will simply use the old strategy "Beat'em till they fall".

Background: Ben always wanted to be a trainer, but he never really tried to study to be one. It was after he got his riolu at 6 years old when he started to genuinely want to accomplish his dream, so he studied hard, and after years of studying, he got his trainer license. Previously he wanted to be the champion, but after the discovery of other regions, he decide he just wanted to experience adventure, and that's what brought him to the battle tower, to train his skill and discover things.

Pokemon: Lucario
Personality: Hardy; A quiet, calm and collected exterior hides a burning passion for battle
Held item: None currently
Ability: Justified

Pokemon: Golurk
Personality: Docile; The best description for golurk would be a "gentle giant"
Held item: None currently
Ability: Iron fist

Pokemon: Flygon
Personality:
Held item:
Ability: Levitate

Pokemon:Aegislash
Personality:
Held item:
Ability: Stance change

Pokemon: Porygon-Z
Personality:
Held item:
Ability: Analytic

Pokemon: Weavile
Personality:
Held item: razor claw
Ability: Pickpocket

Pokemon: Charizard

Pokemon: Greninja

Pokemon: Sceptile

Pokemon: Cinderace

Pokemon: Samurott

Last pokemon pending....
Most likely not my place to say this, so don't take this absolutely seriously, but, EVERY badge from Kanto to Galar? This is definetly possible for a very experienced , at least 30-ish, trainer, but, at 19? I dunno. My character is 19 as well, and he is already questionably powerful for his age, with all badges in Galar, Alola island challenge completed, and getting all badges, as well as beating the champion, in Kalos. I personally think it is pretty questionable to have a 19 year old have beaten all the gym leaders in every. Single. Region. Not my place to say this, as I am not the owner of the rp, but I am just expressing my opinion, but, whatever floats your boat I guess, but I think at least a few people most likely agree with me on this. Cool character though.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
@Captian Pokemon

Honestly, thanks for the constructive criticism. I swear I don't want to make my char toooo broken, but well....yeah, I'm not accomplishing that well. I'm trying to fix what I can, so I honestly appreciate it.

@Captian Pokemon

Honestly, thanks for the constructive criticism. I swear I don't want to make my char toooo broken, but well....yeah, I'm not accomplishing that well. I'm trying to fix what I can, so I honestly appreciate it.
No problem, I usually try to express my opinion without being rude, (Which can be kinda hard sometimes, to be totally honest, xD) So, thanks for not taking it hardly. I honestly think this is a really cool character, I just think his power can be dialed down.

@Gamingfan all looks pretty good so far, accepted as Participant only thing I would recommend is maybe just having been registered in the hall of fame in home region as an accomplishment. completing all the region badges at the age of 19 is a bit difficult, remember that just flying to every region and city is not as easy nor is it free as it is in the games, it takes time and money. you could argue that you can fly on the back of Pokemon, but the world is huge and not every region is right next to each other so just keep that in mind. I'm not super bothered by that as a fact as gyms a typically easier but Ceres, one of the 6 Spire masters has completed badges in 5 regions at the age of 20. But she's kind of of of them special prodigy types that also had help from one of the other characters.

@BegalBitez based on him being 18 and having beaten the champion of Unova twice and the Kalos and becoming a successful business owner, then traveling to most of Alola and parts of Hoenn, at 18... going to have to say no, this this character, feel free to edit and let me know, also read around the discussion, there are plenty of sources of advice and info on how to gauge your character appropriately

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Intimidate mostly depends on appearance right? Even if they're veterans, a dragon staring you down has got to feel unnerving.
Besides, logically, the one with intimidate would be veteran as well, at least in the setting.

@BegalBitez accepted as participant, but just keep in mind of the age of the parents lol, usually we just leave non player characters ages off, not really necessary because according to this now, his mom would of had him when she was 11 and his older brother even younger

@Captain Pokémon, no it wont really work, Intimidate in my opinion is just unnerving and scaring the opponent, personally i think outside of wild and not as experienced trainers, it won't work. Though in the context of the RP @Gamingfan even the participants and their pokemon have been around the several times for intimidate to have little to no effect, and being scared or unnerved is something that having good mental discipline, focus, and experience can be something that can be trained. A Gyrados is scary but facing your 5th or 10th one, kind of looses its scariness

Last edited:
Pokemon: Silvally( Silver)(Previously named copper)
Personality: (Hardy) Silvally is very attached, and protective of ben
Held item: (Insert type here) Memory
Ability: RKS system

Pokemon: Buzzwole
Gender: Supposedly genderless, but acts like a male, so it's often referred to as a "he"
Personality: (Quirky) Buzzwole loves to show off his muscles(?), so he flexes so often to the point of insanity. Perhaps not surprisingly, it loves protein shakes.
Held item: Macho Brace (It both functions for buzzwole to train it's speed and muscles, and add more force to his punches, still needs to work on speed)
Ability: Beast boost

Silvally and Buzzwole require Admin Approval to have in your party.

didn't know about Silvally, good to know but yea ultra beasts need admin approval too.

sorry i missed it, I'm not too famalier with ultra beasts, played sun and moon, but never bothered hunting them down, always seems like a rather lame concept to be honest

Yea. Since they are quite strong, you need to have a reason why Interpol will give you Beast Balls in order for you to catch one, let alone keep one. Which is why they are admin approved.

As for Type: Null and Silvally, there are only a good few made by Aether Foundation. Gladion has one while the others are currently in cryogenic stasis. You'll also need admin approval to see if the scientists of Aether Foundation will consider giving you one, let alone actually keep it beyond experimental reasons.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Couple questions
1. Can someone give my Oc bio a once-over to see what needs to be fixed? I might add myself in tomorrow and I'd hate to remake half of the bio again.
2. How do y'all have spoilers and bios in every post? Is it a manual thing, or is there a way to make it automatic?

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
1)
Maybe reduce the amount of gym badges he has a touch? Other than that, looks great!

2)
(This is assuming you're on a computer and not mobile)
At the top of the page, you should see your profile picture and username next to it. Click it. You'll see a bunch of options come up, select "Signature". You'll then be given a text box where you can edit your signature. Once that's saved, it'll appear below all your posts. It can be edited at any time.

Hope this helps! =D

Hey @Gamingfan i saw your post at the main chat and i have an idea. since you and me are both in the unova destiny's rp, you and me should be rivals. So when you come to the island you could see me and be like "Hey thats Sasha, I remember him from the time i went to unova to compete in the gym challenge." or something like that