• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Battle Spire is active and looking for competitors! (Sign Ups/Discussion)

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Lets get this rolling! ( If you aren't accepting just ignore this pfft ;v; )

Position Spire Master
Name: Auri Li
Titles: The Communicator - Shocking Strategist - Spire Master
Height: 4'11
Hair Color: Simple Brown Hair.
Build: Somewhat Overweight - Auri is learning to start controlling her diet, but still continues to eat her favorite foods.
Eye color: Hazel
Birthplace: Lacunosa Town, Unova
First Pokémon: Joltik ( Now a Galvantula )
Occupation
: Scientist Assistant ( To her Father. ) ~ Professional Trainer
Affiliations: The Battle Spire, Battle Tree.
Dislikes: Loud Noises, Sudden Breeze/Wind, Stubborn / Excited people.
Fears: Not completing her tasks.
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance: Auri's clothes are white simple lab coats, with a tablet on her left arm attached to the coat. Underneath these lab coats, are some simple Pink Shorts and a Black Shirt that she swears.
Auri does wear a Simple Pink Ribbon with a White Stripe going across it, as well as glasses, which aren't needed, but just there to look cool. Her glasses are often the color Black or White, but are sometimes Purple.
Badges (Required)
: All Kanto, Johto, Unova Badges, and some Hoenn, Galarian, Sinnoh, and Alolan Badges.
Achievements:
(Required): Former Champion of the Unova Region - Beat the Kanto and Johto Elite 4 ~ Decided not to challenge the Champions ~

Name: Galvantula
Species: Galvantula
Personality: Galvantula is rather hasty in his actions, and isn't afraid to charge ahead with a good strategy.
Ability: Compound Eyes ( Raises Accuracy )
Held Item: Expert Belt

History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Galvantula was with Auri since a little after she graduate trainer school, and has been with her since then. Togekiss has also been a long time friend. They've practically been best friends the entire time, a best friend Trio. A Nice fact about Galvantula is that Galvantula used to be an egg before being given to Auri.

Name: Togekiss
Species: Togekiss
Personality: Togekiss can get somewhat timid, and so she'll try to stay away from most of the danger.
Ability: Serene Grace
Held Item: Leftovers

History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Togekiss was given to Auri a little after Galvantula was a Joltik, and Togekiss was an egg. Togekiss is best friends with both Auri and Galvantula.

Name: Kingdra
Species: Kingdra
Personality: Kingdra is rather curious about things, and will observe before acting on anything he does.
Ability: Swift Swim
Held Item: Mystic Water

History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Kingdra was found originally as a Seadra, given by one of her close friends. That Seadra was said to originate from Seafoam Islands, and then traded over with a Dragon scale. It seems the Dragon scale has dissapeared however, and evolved them into a Kingdra.

Name: Ribombee
Species: Ribombee
Personality: Ribombee is a very kind girl, and will try to stop other pokemon from feeling massive amounts of pain, from healing them to fainting them so they stop feeling it.
Ability: Shield Dust
Held Item: Sitrus Berry

History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Ribombee became the 4th permanent member of the team when Auri traveled to alola, hoping to find a new type of species that would be unique to any other. When finding this pokemon, She was rather surprised about how surprisingly strong it could be, and took one for herself.

Name: Salazzle
Species: Salazzle
Personality: When you get to know this pokemon, She's actually rather sarcastic and somewhat aggressive.
Ability: Corrosion
Held Item: Focus Sash

History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): After getting a Ribombee, Auri found herself already finding her 5th pokemon member in Salazzle. According to her research, she found that Salazzle were only female pokemon, supporting a Female Dominance in this species. So, she took the rather boring and tiring time to find a Salazzle on a famous heated place in Alola.

Name: Froslass
Species: Froslass
Personality: Froslass is rather shy, and tries to stay away from any conflict when possible. She will get her hands dirty if she has to however.
Ability: Cursed Body
Held Item: Life Orb

History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Froslass is currently a Temporary member, but seemed most fit for the team for the Spire Master. Froslass was brought to Auri by her father as a snorunt, asking for some care for the little pokemon. At the time, Auri's bag was on the floor, and she just so happened to have been exploring a cave with multiple stones. You can guess what happened next.

Personality
(Required):
Auri is quite the Downer, if she doesn't get near perfection, she'll believe she has failed her tasks, and practically sit in her room trying to find a way she could possibly make it better. If Auri wins a battle, she doesn't exactly celebrate and instead looks at what she could've done better. Auri - Especially when meeting new people - Is a extremely shy person, and will try her best to avoid any Participants, but will fight them if she is caught sneaking around - if they meet the requirements of course -. She also tries her best to be professional, and doesn't like words like " no u " and "
LESGO " as they dont give the effect of trying to be professional. Auri also has a tendancy to just start walking away from places when she finds it fit to leave - mainly because she doesn't wanna stand around and not be helpful in any conversation.

Battle Style (optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Auri has a tablet on her, which can be used for research and speaking, but it also has a app on it for how she tells her pokemon to attack. When a certain color and Shape appears - That's what the Pokemon's next move will be. For example, The color Yellow + A Wave would resemble Thunder Wave. Because Auri is mute, She chose this so she could start battling around Age 11, and has been updating her system ever since.

While one of her pokemon are out, The rest of them are on the sidelines, practicing on any sort of terrain around them, for example a large rock would be something one of her pokemon would try destroying while the others watch and learn.

Background (Required):
Auri was born into the world in the Town of Lacunosa in Unova. She was a very, very quiet kid, which was rather unexpected but somewhat appreciated by her parents. She never made loud sounds with her own vocals, and this somewhat worried her parents. However, Auri would still make some loud noises with the many toys her relatives got her. Even if the loud noises were rather alarming, Auri's grandparents themselves didn't know what they could do. One day they just went to the doctor with Auri when she was around 7 months old, as they couldn't handle what it was like for a silent baby. It was later learned that Auri had a Speech Disorder - And so the long journey of getting her to somewhat communicate with either sign language or typing.

Her Mother was a Trainer school Teacher, But also a Teacher in general. Her mother had made a way for her to start learning sign language as soon as possible. But before that, She of course had to teach Auri all about regular things like reading, typing, even about some pokemon. Of course, growing up Auri was constantly surrounded by books, considering her father was a scientist and her mother was a teacher. Auri wasn't exactly sure why she couldn't talk at the time, but still went along with it. She slowly started to type and write how she felt, and even learned a little bit of sign language.

Fast forward to trainer school, where her mother taught, which helped alot despite her rather terrible social skills. She knew alot of the types, and even some of the better team compositions, which she personally thought the gym leaders really didn't know themselves. Still, she eventually made it to her graduation day when her Grandparents came over toward her house - Mainly as a gift - With a pokeball for her. When she came back from her graduation, Where she found her first ever pokemon, a Joltik.

After that day, the Joltik and Auri had grown to be great friends already, and even made their plans for the journey. But before the said journey, her parent's also had a gift. It was a type of egg that they gave to her, it wasn't a food egg, so it was likely a pokemon egg instead. Auri was rather unsure about what she was going to do, and not exactly sure how she would've gone through multiple regions.

After that point, Auri focused on catching multiple pokemon and the terrain around the many area's in the region, though she would also battle a few trainers. About that egg however, hatched when she made her way father into the Unova Region, hatching into a togepi. She already knew this pokemon would've been her 2nd permanent team member.

From that point, Auri wasn't sure what to do, so she went to the deeper part of the wild, and started train her Joltik and Togepi, Bonding with both in the process. Eventually, Her Joltik started to glow however, which surprised Auri as the Joltik evolved into a Galvantula. This itself was very surprising, but then she turned to her togepi. Auri was worried that her Togepi wouldn't evolve, and was starting to lose hope, but had a smile on her face. The Togepi looked back at her, and with a Smile on the Small Pokemons Face, Had a Shining Light around its body, as it started to glow.

After a long 13 ~ 14 years, Auri got her final team put together, with a nice amount of pokemon data sent to her father as well. After Auri's time as champion, she wasn't sure what to do afterwards and saw something of a Battle Spire invitation. Fast forward to now, and Auri is a new addition to the Battle Spire Team, Hoping to do her best and learn what pokemon strategies multiple trainers have used.

Sorry if it seem's bad, I got no sleep these past few days so, yeah.

Hehehehe. Well this is interesting. A battle before the RP even begins, and it’s for the last Spire Master slot. @WildFlower has already written a bio and I’ve only been saying I would for a long time, so it’s not exactly fair to deny him when the early bird gets the worm. But how about this? If I don’t get something submitted to StellarWind by the end of the week, I’ll rescind my interest and the spot is all his. And if I get it done (regardless of Mega approval), then you can all choose which Spire Master you like better (a contest @WildFlower is sure to win, once you see the monstrosity that I’ve cooked up). <.>

I’ll have to get myself unstuck from the Demon Slayer RP. This is just the motivation I needed. >:D
Sorry if it seem's bad, I got no sleep these past few days so, yeah.
Me neither. I’ve been going to bed when the sun comes up for the past 2 weeks which is why I can’t sleep now and am typing this at 3 am. I’d been going to bed at 9 pm and waking up early in the morning until mandatory staying up due to New Year’s came around. That ruined everything and I’m still struggling to fix my sleep, which is why I hate New Year’s. :'|

Last edited:

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
I mean like - I don't want to steal it from you if you wanted to get it but like - I was also already making the post before you talked about making your spire master yesterday - so I guess.

Though I personally think the odds are in your favor, just because of the voting part, I honestly feel like mine sucks so- but anyways good luck :>

voting part? Not sure what you mean.

I don’t really do reservations for spots, more of a first come first serve thing. I’m hoping to have this RP be reoccurring so there could be more spots in the others depending on the battles go for the characters. But I'm fairly busy today at work so I may or may not have time to get around to reading it all. Though I am interested to see what @E.K.A.N.S. has

Last edited:
If I may throw my hat into the ring, why not have the sixth spot vacant in universe with the two suggested spire-masters battling it out in a deciding battle to determine who moves up. That way it also allows for some conflict/drama between the existing Spire-Masters with people taking sides on who should be given the last spot

If I may throw my hat into the ring, why not have the sixth spot vacant in universe with the two suggested spire-masters battling it out in a deciding battle to determine who moves up. That way it also allows for some conflict/drama between the existing Spire-Masters with people taking sides on who should be given the last spot
Lol... while this isn't a bad idea... my backstory actually DEPENDS on my Spire Master defeating Celeste in his final battle and securing his position. XD

Eh... rather not say. You'll know why when the bio drops...

The choice to be a Spire Master is by design. The semester is starting up soon and I won't have the time to play a character who's constantly involved in the story. I'm also devoting most of my time here to the Demon Slayer RP so my role in this will be marginal at best.

Last edited:

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
I mean I'm pretty sure in my characters shoes she'd rather be a spire master...

mainly to see how some of the elite trainers act - and maybe some newbie trainers - maybe to see some common patterns so - I'm just kind of hoping about one single solution that we could've picked

And I hope this doesn't sound rude but you could increase the number to 8, that way we both have a chance to get in - and its still an even number. ( sorry if it sounds rude again I apologize- )

Also I reloaded the page so tell me if This got posted twice

@The Legendary Trainer sadly only the invited and those who are immediate family are allowed.

As for the Spire Master spot I'm going to give it to @WildFlower (Auri Li), because there is an actual character that's been made and posted, so @WildFlower accepted Auri Li as Spire Master

BUT @E.K.A.N.S. please still post your character and I'll review it to see if it's acceptable and I am willing extend Spire Masters cap to 7 just for you if accepted. I assume you've already started the character and filling out the bio and it's not fair for me to cancel on you since you've shown interest a while back, but the RP must go on. Honestly no rush, but if your pressed for time IRL because of classes etc, and can't properly participate in multiple RPs, I would suggest you sticking to the one you're more involved in and can do well in. Don't stress yourself out too much, I'm planning on making the Battle Spire reoccurring.

Though I do really like @Frontier Master idea and @Merciless Medic ideas, it's a fantastic idea to have a character to be at the cusp of becoming a Spire Master. Thanks for the ideas, I may work it into RP or use it for the 2nd season, or if someone's characters reach that point in the current RP

Last edited:
@The Legendary Trainer sadly only the invited and those who are immediate family are allowed.

As for the Spire Master spot I'm going to give it to @WildFlower (Auri Li), because there is an actual character that's been made and posted, so @WildFlower accepted Auri Li as Spire Master

BUT @E.K.A.N.S. please still post your character and I'll review it to see if it's acceptable and I am willing extend Spire Masters cap to 7 just for you if accepted. I assume you've already started the character and filling out the bio and it's not fair for me to cancel on you since you've shown interest a while back, but the RP must go on. Honestly no rush, but if your pressed for time IRL because of classes etc, and can't properly participate in multiple RPs, I would suggest you sticking to the one you're more involved in and can do well in. Don't stress yourself out too much, I'm planning on making the Battle Spire reoccurring.

Though I do really like @Frontier Master idea and @Merciless Medic ideas, it's a fantastic idea to have a character to be at the cusp of becoming a Spire Master. Thanks for the ideas, I may work it into RP or use it for the 2nd season, or if someone's characters reach that point in the current RP
Maybe to add some more drama the worst performing Spire Master is demoted to BM. Forces the Spires to continue honing their skills rather than rest on their laurels

@Frontier Master Yes, that is a thing, it was kind of a passing thing that was mentioned in the RP during the dinner conversation the night before, Spire Masters do lose their spots if they become too inactive, or another really quick way out is if their W/L ratio just tanks or never recovers, it’s expected that they don’t get as many challengers to battle, but it is quite a common thing for Spire Masters to battle among themselves, the trainers they are mentoring, or, with Tier 3 and occasionally Tier 2 Battlemasters.

Also please note that Spire Masters and Battlemasters are allowed to challenge any participant or anyone lower ranked. Similar to what Rebecca did with Trevor they can override the point requirements. The matches can be official challenges for rewards i.e. if a Spire Master challenges a Tier 1 BM to an official match, via overriding Prestige Point requirements and the Spire Master lost, that win would count for that Tier 1 BM and they will gain the ability to challenge other Spire Masters without collecting Prestige Points again since that is one of the perks of beating one of the Spire Masters. Overrides are carefully and closely tracked and monitored for fraud, foul-play, and potential cheating shenanigans.

Last edited:
Nice . Now, I'll just edit her little sister's info into Frankie's orignal post to not clog this thing up and try my best to find somewhere to place her. Now, I'm going to try to do something somewhat ambitious, as the reason Frankie became a powerful trainer and improve at a phenomenal rate isn't due to something as trivial as 'Oh she did it because she wanted to be the best' [Because she wanted to be a Pokémon Nurse, not a full fleshed professional trainer] , but due to something about her little sister that requires her to battle her every so often to calm down 'The Demons' within the Pokémon she bonds to due to being tested on by her parents.

Now, if you actually can guess what her little sister's infliction is based on that mentioning congratulations [and yes it is based on something, but only something you only see in the Pokémon Games] ! If you can't guess it I'll do my best to explain it in the best detail I can once I get that info up and running.

….
Mission Failed
We'll get them next time.

Wow. Okay, you are spot on Medic. It is based on Shadow Pokémon.

I did complete it just now, so feel free to check it out. It's on page 7, and her name is Amelia. I didn't know what to complete and what not to since Guests don't have an application, but I completed as much as I can while leaving some out to be shown in the RP.

I created her to be a sort of story boss for Frankie and to add a few more layers to her character, and have her have some sort of special 'condition' to why she needs to constantly get stronger and constantly train to help Amelia deal with the darkness enough so that one day she can control it and return home. But, until then Frankie will continue to get stronger until Amelia becomes strong enough to control her 'gifts' herself, as the fear of her own self ironically is making it more difficult to control.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
For the roleplay, I'd like to make sure that i'm in the right spot before I post something. So currently, we are at the Battle spire Opening ceremony if I'm correct, and a Battle is about to unfold between two Spire Masters.

If that is correct - In a earlier post ( on the rp thread ) you said that Spire Masters had their own personal waiting room - so I would like to know if it would be alright for Auri to be introduced there. ( In her own waiting room of course )

@WildFlower Yea, its fine for her to be there, it's kind of strange that she would be though since there is no reason for her to be, but if you want to start there go ahead.

Ajax is in the Spire Master and League Champion private viewing box, that is also a place she could be. think of it as a VIP box in a sporting event

Feel like Ozona isn't enough. Mind if I slip this beauty in?
Position
: Battlemaster
Name: Dayena Lunelle
Title(s)
(Optional): The Aqua Sage, Champion
(16+ recommended, remember a minimum of 1 League victory is required or equivalent): 34
Height: 4'9
Hair Color: Light Brown
Build: Rather masculine, yet seems pretty underweight. More on why in Personality.
Eye color: Emerald green.
Birthplace: Mistralton City, Unova.
First Pokémon (Optional
): Vienne, Tepig.
Occupation (Optional): Part time Coordinator.
Affiliations (Optional) (Required if going for Spire Master): Battle Spire
Likes: Intense training, keeping a strict demeanour, speedy foes.
Dislikes: Relaxed trainers, dropping her guard, defensive opponents.
Fears: Going too overboard.
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance: Has a off shoulder, marine blue top, short denim, uh, shorts, black ankle boots, and her hair is tied into a neat bun. If there's a shift in weather, she instead wears a pair of thick black trousers, a sky blue down jacket and a sleek pair of white earmuffs. She hates getting cold.
Badges (Required)
: Kanto - Kalos
Achievements: (Required):
- Champion of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh at one point.
- Got to the Master Class while being a Coordinator in Kalos.
- Defeated Steven and Cynthia outside of their Leagues.
- Defeated half the Battle Chatelaines.
- Earned her Badges with at least 3 Pokemon on her team: no more or less.

Personality (Required): Dayena is bold and takes her Battlemaster duties seriously. Any foe who isn't ready for a intense brawl could even get denied by her. But overall, she has a vast mind and can easily show her title, "The Aqua Sage" , by using her signature style, "Hydro Manipulation" . With np substitute Pokemon to back up her original 6, it's made her take interest in Double Battles. To prep herself for the next Battle Spire season, she made herself not eat nearly as much as she did.

Battle Style (optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Her style, "Hydro Manipulation" , is a special manoeuvre made by Dayena, it involves her commanding one of her Pokemon to use psychic powers to control their ally's move to strengthen it or protect them. It's mainly Crunch (Slowbro) who does this.

Background (Required):
Being born alone with only her mom in Mistralton City, Dayena was lucky to grow up quietly. She didn't like the Pokemon who her mom owned, a Wartortle and Unfezant, as they were very boisterous. Not much happened when she grew up, but when she was 10 she proved her mom she was responsible to own a Pokemon. She cycled from Mistralton to where Juniper set her lab up, and even though she's the "Aqua Sage" , her first Pokemon was actually Tepig. That endurance made Dayena how she was: bold and overconfident. After beating the 8 Unova gyms, she had caught 4 extra Pokemon. They were weak then, obviously. Years passed, and the rest of the leagues were bested. Thing is, she eventually got into the Battle Spire as a Battlemaster. She WAS 34 then, so it's rational.
On hand team:
Name: Vienne
Species: Emboar
Personality: Rather timid at heart, yet acts bold around others.
Ability: Blaze
Held Item: Charcoal

History
(Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master):
Vienne was Dayena 's starter, originally being a timid Tepig. Not minding how Dayena treated her, she grew to be a slightly nervous Pignite, then a overall OK Emboar. She gets overwhelmed sometimes.

Name: Peanut
Species: Western Gastrodon
Personality: Curious yet hesitant. He doesn't jump in head first like Jubilee, but preserves his energy for major moves.
Ability: Sticky Hold
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
History
(Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master):
While heading through Sinnoh, Dayena found a Shellos amongst a horde of Buizel. After convincing both the horde and the Shellos, it tagged along. He was alert most of the time, and evolving made that even better.

Name: Jubilee
Species: Kanto Raichu
Personality: Crazily reckless and never stops when she has to. She can't tell a lie from the truth.
Ability: Static
Held Item: Weakness Policy
History
Found malnourished in a alley as a Pichu, Dayena took the weak soul in in attempt to heal it. Thing is, she succeeded. After that, Dayena was Jubilee's world for ultimately saving her. She'd even risk her life for her trainer.

Name: Sno
Species: Glaceon
Personality: Tough and resilient, not the type to back away from anything.
Ability: Snow Cloak
Held Item: Red Card
History
As a rare find, Sno was caught AS a Glaceon. He had wandered into Dayena's camp and found trust in her. He proved to be a proud member of her team.

Name: Flaps
Species: Staraptor
Personality: Rather isolated and lovely.
Ability: Intimidate
Held Item: Quick Claw
History
As Starly isn't rare, Dayena had found and caught one with relative ease. It took time for him to adjust to the team due to him being lonely. He didn't mind though. He grew into a swift Staraptor not long after.

Name: Crunch
Species: Slowbro
Personality: Can't notice anything around him, as he's so enamoured by the world. Has a desire to learn about it.
Ability: Own Tempo
Held Item: Rindo Berry
History
As a Slowpoke, Crunch wasn't too keen on fighting. Since he was hatched rather then caught, he didn't want anyone fighting. It was Sno who convinced him to fight. It was a close argument though.
Ugh, that BBCode is a mess..

Last edited:
(Max is an out of shape, unmotivated, and lazy bastard who just happens to be kinda good at Pokemon battling :))

Anyways, @Foxex is it ok if I bring in a canon character who is strong enough to be accepted into the Spire challenge? (e.g. an Elite 4 member or a regional champion)
I think it would be interesting if we saw interactions with a few existing characters in the Pokemon Universe.

Whelp... Alright then. While maybe they'll show up to have commentary.

I will (finally) create a regular participant to play as. Probably as this wanna be who believe he's the best because he's gotten the hardest out of life concerning pokemon battling but has constantly trained to try to surpass his limits constantly [In other words he is so determined to get stronger he will challenge anyone in the Spire regardless of his rank... and I do mean anyone] until he realizes just how weak he truly is in the grand scheme of things, which will motivate him to train harder than he ever will. His name is Cody. His Ace is Pangoro, which is a pokemon that best reflects his persona of toughness and calmness. He will very likely challenge Frankie upon learning what a Spire Master is, and to have a taste of their strength to see how far he needs to grow.