• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

StellarWind's Sketches

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Stel, you just mind fucked me with epicness! While viewing your thread I went Super Psycho AND fell into maniacal laughter, all because of your anatomically and biologically correct Pokemon. I bow before the master of epic win. *gets on knees and starts worshiping*

I really like the Mari char sheet. The smallest one is my favorite, I like how you can keep all the details on her when she's so small, I have problems with that sometimes.
Gad+Mari = win.​

Awwww...that all I can say. Awwww. So flippin cute I squealed...literally, and my head exploded into candy shortly afterwards. ^^; I am quite impressed by your albility to draw in a moving car...cars that move are the bane of me, so its SUPER annoying for someone who like to write and draw.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
over9kXD.jpg

Because this? HAD to happen.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
XDDDDDDD

I have nothing constructive to say, other than it's fabulous in every way. Great line art though, it's damn near perfect. Good shading too ^^

Nine thousand and one, I'll have you know XD

Psycho Monkey

XD Wow. Words cannot describe the epicness you have given us Stel. Instead I will lol as I did when I first saw that.

Finally time I got around to comment on your art, anyways, I love how you made the Pokemon look.

You put beautiful details and shading into your work, it's truly marvelous! The last group picture of all the Pokemon and people was beautiful and well done, I want to see more.

lol The latest on you posted is just epic, you got the design right and the colors are really vibrant.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Many thanks for the comments.

To clarify Katie's EH STEVE! thing, I played XD for the first (and last) time when I was visiting her, and I named the protagonist Steve. For no good reason. Now it gets a whole new meaning. XDDD

HOKAY. This may be a little half assed but I'm tired.

My tribute to the upcoming HeartGold and SoulSilver versions.

HGSSDUR.jpg

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Completely second LoN's 'epic' comment. This pic is indeed epic. Love how they all fit together. I think Ho-oh's my favourite, I really like how you did his crest and made him look like a cool raptor-bird or something. Lugia looks like he's sniffing Raikou and finding it unpleasant XD

Stel is awesome

Psycho Monkey

I third LoN and Magpie. Your art remains the definition of awesome Stel. You capured the Gen II Legendaries so perfectly.

This is probably just my skewed perspective, but Suicune sort of looks like a goat with the beard and his crest being horns and ears.

Keep up the greatness!

Okay, so take what LoN, Magpie, and Psycho said, and like, quadruple it. That's just pure win.

Also, I love Suicune. He looks like an eccentric old man, to me. It got a good laugh. Everything else in the picture is superb, as always. How I wish I could dr*taken out by Cynthia before this comment could be finished*

I fifth those comments! This is pure win Stel, I especially think you captured my two favorites (Raikou and Celebi) perfectly. Celebi's just doing a little hovering dance thingee on top and Raikou is looking ready to kill something, as always.

I also find it a little funny that Ho-Oh reminds me of a turkey and a bird of prey.

....I sixth those comments xD Seriously, this is what we need to see for the upcoming games. I am drawn to Raikou and Lugia though, don't know why o.o It all flows very nicely ^^;

Celebi actually looks fairy-like, and not like fennel for once! The hands and wings are amazing, looking very...not vegetably, for lack of a better term.

Raikou looks like an awesome, electric tiger. We need more superpowered animals at 'Charms. :p

Lugia reminds me of the Loch Ness Monster, for some reason.

Wow that looks really amazing, I love the layout of the Pokemon and the realistic-like design of them!
You inspire me to draw Pokemon; for once lol, in a somewhat realistic style. 8D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Psycho Monkey: It's true - I definitely drew some inspiration from goat-like ungulates for Suicune. I generally consider the legendary beasts to be creatures of their own right and so I try to avoid dog or cat cliches. Suicune strikes me as having some ungulate features. Can't help it. XD

Ho-Oh was inspired by Hoatzins and Turkey Vultures. ^^

Nn. Too tired to think right now, but here's something.

RPE_Gad_The_Calling.jpg

They who know him, know what this picture would mean. They who don't... suffice to say he's an RP character of mine, and that this large thing in front of him is an alternate, Grass/Dragon evolution of Grovyle.

Stel, that idea of a Grass/Dragon evolution of Grovyle is so cool! Alternate evolutions for starters is something that I have not seen explored before.

I like the crest on it's head. Very dragony, of course. Your RP character (is it self-called StellarWind or something else?) is mysterious. It suits you.

*glomp*

HOLY CRAP, SURPRISE! Love the new drawings, Stel! I have like two minutes to type all this so I only got to look at a few.

Keep it up so I have lots to look over in two weeks. Luffles!​

Psycho Monkey

:D*Fangasm*

Stel, you are too good at what you do to be accurately described by coherent words.

Mew and Mewtwo are just amazing and the Nem Gen 'Mons are complete win. Excellent as alway my good man.

Oh god Stel XD

When I saw that on the side, I started laughing like crazy, and didn't stop for a full minute.

The expression on Arceus is win XD

Ahaha... I've seen that face scattered around the internet.

Awesome god indeed - and an awesome picture too :p

S

sheesheesh

I LOL'd at the Awesome God picture. I also like the OVER 9,000!!!!!!!!! picture.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Mmkay. Not PokeMon, but I am stupidly proud of this.

EmmaHetfield.jpg

Dr. Emma Hetfield of Wild ARMs fame! ^__________^ As she appears in the original game, as opposed to the (in my humble opinion) horrid remake.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
HiddenPower.jpg

Yes, it IS the same Electabuzz from the Role Reversal images, this time without his lovely human companion. Here he demonstrates his Grass-type Hidden Power.

I must say that your art is simply stunning. I enjoy how you really show what PokeMon would look like in the real world. Even if they loose much of there cuteness and now terrify me.

Stel, you never cease to amaze me...

The Electrabuzz appears to be soaking in the sunlight as he uses Hidden Power, which makes sense because it's a grass type for him.

As for the markings... Well there arn't any words to describe them so I'll marvel in silence.

These are very interesting... and very well drawn. It's refreshing to have something a bit more graphic than the normal pokemon artwork.