• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

StellarWind's Sketches

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thankye all. I always appreciate comments. ^^

Magpie and Shado: The Hypnopabinia thing is a reference to the Hypnotoad from Futurama. I love Opabinias to pieces, and I figured I might as well cross the meme streALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOPABINIA.

Chibi: Well, Gorgonopsids aren't dinos. Gorgonopsids were largely common through the Permian era, and went extinct before the very first dinosaurs appeared in the Triassic. Gorgonopsids are actually Synapsids, a group historically known as 'mammal-like reptiles' and are believed to be early ancestors of mammals.

As for the relative height of 'buzzes. I see them as mostly around the 1.60-1.65m range when standing bipedally. An individual my height (about 1.75m) would be considered a tall individual for the species. But I felt like keeping the height ratios between Gad and Mari even if their species were inverted...

Verao_Region_Starters.jpg

A bit of gift art for one of my amazingly talented friends, the ever-awesome RacieB - the starter PokéMon of her fanmade region, Verao.

From left to right you have the grass starter, Gryfern, the fire starter, Charach, and the water starter, Nautide. The concepts and designs are hers. I just did fanart. ^^

Jagaea_Ishinazumi.jpg

And as we are on fanart, here's a bit of fanart for our very own Sami, aka Pixeity - her final-form grass starter, Jagaea - and one of my Miato critters, the Rock/Electric type Ishinazumi. ^^

Colibreons.jpg

Lastly, here's Colibreon - a pure Flying-type, and the smallest Eeveelution size-wise. While it's larger than an Eevee, it's still much smaller than most Eeveelutions. It does however learn a few rather surprising moves.

Its ability is Early Bird.

And it's shiny. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness, Stel, you're amazing. I would like a Colibreon please. And if you refuse to someone make one, I will sic Koga on you. I mean it. On Colibreon, I especially love the two streamer like tails. I bet it'd be amazing to watch one fly. Though, I have to ask, where'd the name come from?

Aww, Jagaea and Ishinazumi are adorable ~ You got Jagaea down pretty well. Then again, his design is pretty simple. xD Love your little rock rodent.​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I must say that I'm completely in love with Gryfern. Why? Because it combines my favourite mythological creature with
my name, Ferne XD
They're an awesome looking set of starters, though I find myself wondering why the Spider has only the four limbs... either way it's real enough-looking to creep me out slightly XD

Jagaea and Ishinazumi are so cute, especially together like that. I love how Ishinazumi is looking up at some unknown subject. Rock/Electric for the win ^^

Colibreon is awesome in both typing and design. Very Hummingbird like, being shiny, small and well named ^^
I really like her tail and head crest... and of course her eye markings.

Nintendo really should visit 'Charms, they'd have a fantastic 5th Generation if they did!

I love the Flying-typed Eeveelution. But I do like most Flying-types as it is. That aside, I love how you drew them Stel. The long tails I really am fond of.

Ishinazumi is also awesome. Love the little Electric squirrel.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Already commented about these to you, but wanted to add that out of the three Colibreon pictures, my favourite is probably the bottom right image. I love the cute expression and how you captured it in mid-flight (the wings and positioning with the legs looks nice and really cute).

Score one for adorable Flying-types :)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thankye all for the comments yet again. ^^

Cody: It is a wise idea not to threaten someone who survived Cynthia and her stalkerisms with Koga. >>

The name Colibreon derives from Colibri, a genus of hummingbirds. Incidentally, it is also the root word for hummingbirds in several European languages.

Secad: Actually I haven't figured out Colibreon's evolution yet.

Magpie: First of all, your name wins worlds. XD
Second, Charach's evolutionary line sprouts another pair of legs with every stage. Charach has four, Flarach has six, and Magmarach has eight. Racie's dA gallery (which I've linked to in my previous post) has the evolutions in it. ^^;

And also, dear god, if Sugimori gets his hands on my critters, I'm going to have to travel to Japan and eviscerate some people. >>;;;;;;

Shado: Actually, I made Colibreon look the way it does because I was really weary of the conventional raptor-winged massive gryphony fan-eeveelutions. Felt like being special XD.

Jet: Ishinazumi is NOT a Squirrel. Ishinazumi is based on a creature called the Laotian Rock Rat, which may be a 'Lazarus Taxon' - belonging to a family of rodents previously believed to be entirely extinct. That was my inspiration to make it a Rock/Electric ^^

Mmk. So no new sketches, but I decided to drop some paintchat compilation on you. Some of these are old. Three of them are relatively new (drawn over the last few days).

PokeMonPaintchat.png

Shaymin Sky Forme, Charmander, Breloom, Sceptile, Grovyle, Breloom, Prinplup, Feraligatr and Mamoswine. Most of these species were drawn on a whim. Prinplup for instance was drawn because I ran into the cover of Explorers of the Sky and figured it's the only one of its line I haven't drawn yet.

Feraligatr was drawn because, while I dislike the species as it appears officially I always wanted to draw it my style. I like the concept of it walking around on its oversized forearms on land. Kinda like a crocodile-gorilla.

And Mamoswine is awesome in concept but looks too damn blah in official style. XD

And because Miato became a part of this thread, Might as well share this too:

Flowehawk.png

This is Flowehawk, final form of a Grass/Flying line that serves as Miato's 'Early' birds.

Flowehawk has a wonderful color scheme. The antennae just add a certain something to the bird, too. What flower was it based off?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I looked at her DA stuff after I'd posted, so I gathered that about the legs but forgot to edit my post ^^;

Your colouring is beautiful! The shading is so perfect... and I love the Breloom saying 'sup' XD

Mamoswine does look much more interesting in your style... I kind of just ignore the official version as one of the random evos that we didn't want or need. But you make him look like a fairly awesome Pokemon.

Random Sceptile for the win, too XD

I want a Flowehawk. The colours are just so pretty.

Nice concept with grass/flying type on Flowehawk =D
Also, Mamoswine looks nice, as the nintendo version is essentially a chubby woolly mammoth.
Loving the Breloom that's all: "Sup?" on the side of the page. XD

I'm agreeing here, if Nintendo remade your pokemon they would be all cartoony, thus destroying the whole pokemon image. >>

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Once again, not a sketch, but i spent too long on this to not share it. ^^

BetweenWorlds.jpg

"I tell ye this and I charge ye with my words: In ancient times, a rebel spirit of violence and chaos rampaged across the world, laying all it saw to waste, leaving a path of destruction in its wake. Fearing for its creation, the Original One cast the being away across the threshold of dimension - but to teach it the value of preservation, he gave it a world to rule alone, unchallenged. Where there was one world there were now two, back to back - only visible to each other where the fabric of reality is weakened - but strongly bound together.

Lo - the beast that sought to unmake the world, became its guardian - its role reversed."

Giratina, the Renegade, In a moment between formes, between worlds.

Stel, Flowehawk looks aweomse, the colors fit it well ^^

Group picture of the Pokemon looks sweet as well :D I have to say I like Feraligatr the best though, it looks deadly to me o.o'

Also, O.O The Giratina picture looks so...reeaall. I -love- its expression, I mean really. The split between worlds is amazing as well.

That Giratina picture is phenomenal! I am amazed at how you captured the transition phase so well. It is soo gorgeous.! Well done Stel!

Giratina looks awesome Stel. The picture is nothing less than absolute perfection. The background is so detailed as well. You pretty much out did yourself there Stel.

Got to say Stel, awesome Giratina pic. I think I prefer the background over the Pokemon itself though. The way you captured the transition of the worlds is amazing, I could hardly believe it looking at the Unknown.

Amazing, as always.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
0_O It's so pretty...

That's amazingly well done Stel, everything is just perfect. You captured the moment completely. I don't have much else to say, because it's so awesome. I love the writing in the background, with the two unknowns. It's nice that you got the story in the picture. Seriously, it's beautiful and epic. Awesome work, Stel. Just awesome ^^

Love the sketches of the electric sheep. Love how you drew the wool on Mareep and Flaaffy. The shading is also quite awesome. Very nice work Stel.

I love the Ampharos line, and you just made me love it even more! I really do like the shagginess aspect of the fur and the wool. Love it!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Mareep is so cute! I absolutely adore how you did the wool on both Mareep and Flaaffy, the way you did it looks so realistic. I'm also liking their feet/hooves, they just look so stumpy and cute and realistic at the same time XD

Ampharos looks awesome, I love his shaggy arms. Another awesome line of Pokemon, Stel ^^

*Looks at Mareep again* So cute!

*Goes to huggle Mareep, but is scared of being electricuted*

I really do love the way you make all the pokemon you draw look real. Mareep is adorable.

Good job! :) I like how you give the Pokemon you draw more detailed\dinosaur looks. I love them, keep it up! ;D

I have always loved the Mareep line, mostly because their call makes me go 'Aww...'

Even with your amazing life-like style, this line is still adorable!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
You are obsessed, but also brilliant! I don't think I've ever seen a Paras before and gone "Waaa! So cute" ^^;

I love the positions of all the Pokemon, you always fill your pictures with so much to look at. You did Grotle very well, he certainly looks tank-ish. Pure awesome goodness as usual.

I'm probably the only one, but your version of Oddish freaks me out slightly. He has an evil-ness behind that smile, I'm sure of it... XD

Stel, this picture is gorgeous! I love how realistic Leafeon and Cherrim look. Your detail is amazing, even down to the little spots on Breloom's neck.

I must say Gardenia looks awesome. The proportions were done well.

Good God, Stel. I'm just terrible on moving vehicles, hence pen and paper are always tucked away. But for you to maintain the anatomy and detail even with all the obstacles on the road is just so amazing. FOR THE ROYALTY, GOOD SIR! Though I must admit Mari seems a bit...wider around the waist? Still, I am still at a loss that you are still perfectly capable of such awesomeness on a shaky ride.

How did you manage that? Whenever I draw in the car it's so I can get a cool/funky texture on something, and on Mari you can't even really tell. At all.And you and Gardenia is really... for lack of a better word cute. I wish I had a trench coat with vines on them. And all the Pokemon, like always, look fantastic.​

:o

You can draw amazingly like that even in a moving automobile? I envy your skills, Stel.

The claws on Mari are win. They look elegant and deadly at the same time!

Whoa, I miss out on a lot when I don't visit 'Charms in a long time...

On to the art. Somewhere in the very beginning, working my way up here, I thought that the picture of Charizard in the series of the first fire starter was very impresssive. I loved it. I lol'd when I saw the picture "Darkrai vs. Cresselia." That was great. I also really liked the way that you drew Lapras, loved that concept. Moving on to page 8, I loved Dragonair and the line of all the starters. LOVED it. Then, I saw your take on Jagaea, and nearly squeeled. That was a really good picture, and I really liked Colibreon too. That was an amazing concept. And last, but definitely not least, loved the picture of Giratina.

Great work, Stel. Loved it.

Lovely Character sheet, Stel. Mari in all angles and poses and such. Are her anatomical dimensions similar to that of humans? I'm just wondering since in that pose where she's crouching her legs seem to be shorter than her arms, or that could be an effect of depth, so please excuse me for that. Also the Mari-Gad hug is just so cute. :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Awesome character sheet, very well drawn. It's nice to see so many poses on one page ^^

I think my favourite has to be the drawing in the bottom right corner, where she's crouching/sitting. I just love the pose and her expression. Nice sketches as usual, even though they're more like epic works of art that sketches XD

Stel, all I can really say about the hug is...awww. It's so sweet/awesome. No one can mess with the awesomeness of that piece.

I really like the little Mari underneath the Mari balancing on one foot. The detail on such a tiny drawing is incredible. In addition, the expression on the picture of Mari's head is an undescribably well-drawn peaceful one. I love your art, Stel. Please draw more!

[size=1pt]Your art has become my food, the best food ever!.[/size]