• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

StellarWind's Sketches

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I have no idea just WHAT the eff posessed me to draw this. XD

Gad_and_Elysium_in_Winter_Gear.jpg

Thirdspace!Gad in Winter gear, and Elysium, his Wisteriark, with a... scarf, for no good reason except for the fact it's cute. Also, because of the angle her leaf crests make her look like her form has a bit more mass than she has - gives her a bit of a Mari-ish frame. O_o

Stel, your random drawings are still awesome. I guess from this your Elysium is your animal form I've seen on past drawings. The vines are gorgeously detailed and layered. However, I think the proportion of Gad's head to body is a little off, as the head looks a tad too small. However, the usual Stel detail and awesomeness make this a lesser point.

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
PTP and Bloodless - it helps when the shoes are shoes you actually own in real life. XD

Secad: Elysium is actually a Miato PokeMon - a Wisteriark, Grass/Crystal type, and she's one of Thirdspace!Gad's most significant team members. She's normally all regal and graceful and majestic, but somehow she ended up looking cute in this. I think she was channeling Mari for a moment there XD

Also, Five tailed Elemental waste of space, you've clearly not learned to read and follow the rules from past warnings you've received - but a one word post on MY thread? You should have known better.

(And thus the armblades flew and the Amputee Kitsune was sent to the Isle of the Banned).

And now for something completely different.

Metacanine_Doodleforme.jpg

W00f.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sleepy-looking puppy. Very cute picture ^^

Is that the canine I think it is? xD

Also, what's the belt around its stomach for? If that actually is a belt...

I think it might be one of those harness leashes popular with smaller dogs.

I enjoy the way you were able to make the hair look so realistic by standing still and hugging the dog's body.

Ah, so if that Wisteriak isn't usually cute, I have found something of your work that is.

That dog!

I've always loved it when dogs curl up in the vulnerable-looking sleep pose. You captured the half-sleep moment beautifully, your sketchiness making it look fluffy.

*gives dog a chew bone*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Katie: Yup, ish the Metacanine. I saw her curling up in that pose one day and was like urge-to-draw-rising. XD

Re: the belt, yeah, as PTP here said it's a harness-leash-type. She kinda had to have one of those because she was a frelling Houdini when we got her - kept getting herself loose from ordinary collars, so we had to get her a harnessleashcollartypething. And it works to this day. Although I'm pretty sure the one we have for her now is pretty new. XD

Secad: Her teeth aren't that good. That dog's a damn fossil. Love her to pieces anyway, though.

Aaaaaanyway.

StephenandCamilleHendrix.jpg

Stephen and Camille Hendrix, Glenn Hendrix's parents. Limbs are b0rked as usual.

Your shoes are awesome as usual. The laces on those boots must have been evil to draw, though.

I do agree, the arms have some issues (i.e., a Mr. Fantastic-type forearm stretch), but seem to be good on other spots, like shading and finger proportions.

Soooooo.... this means that Glen is a complete mixture of Science and Rock? That's just awesome. I love Stephen's tattoo, how it's all tribal and junk, and not just LOLSKULLISONFIREWITHASNAKECOMINGOUTOFIT'SEYESOCKET that a lot of people end up going with. Camille's boots are wick sweet too.
...I have a bad time with the amazing bendable forearm too, no sweat.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Stephen's an adventurer from the Orange Islands. In my mind-canon, the orange islands are modernized and yet still full of explorers, wanderers, maritime myths, old tribal traditions given new modern twists - and even the occasional pirate. I see arm tattoos as being a possibly common thing - two of my orange islander characters (the other being Christine Evans) have them.

Also, you may have noticed the intricate carvings the wooden ring what holds Stephen's ponytail in one piece and on the hair-bow worn by Camille - similar carvings also exist on the beads that tip Glenn's braid - it's another tribal tradition that links them as a family.

I need to put more of my Orange Island concepts to art.

In the meantime have some doodles because I felt like drawing something but couldn't really draw what I wanted to.

EndymionDoodle.jpg

Endymion. Yes . He IS an Umbreon with wings. He evolved in an alternate reality. Any more explaining would take too much energy.

Kaori.jpg

Her name, currently, is Kaori. She's a 'rival' character to a new HeartGold/SoulSilver character I've been developing - and her team is designed to mirror his in types. This is when she's just starting out-ish, so she only has three PokeMon and they're in their initial forms - Cyndaquil (Typhlosion, Fire, to rival his Meganium), Natu (Xatu, Psychic/Flying, to rival his Heracross) and Seedot (Shiftry, Grass/Dark, to rival his Starmie).

:D OMGIT'SALITTLEFIREYRODENT!

*coughs*

Ahem, I apologize about the fangirl reaction. I bleeping love the Cyndaquil. It is the cutest (and somehow tough) little fire-type rodent ever! The claws are an excellent touch.

Excellent top on Kaori. Isn't that Japanese for scent? Even if it isn't, I love the detail. It looks vaguely Greek.

Well, there I go guessing... Adventurers are pretty awesome anyways, tattoos as well.

Endymion is cool; it might just be the way that Umbreon's eyes are in the first place, but it looks kinda hawk-like...IDK. He looks like he could actually take to the skies though.
Kaori is pretty too. Love the rose tattoo on her ankle.

I love your art! ..and I thought I drew good....

A couple of your Pokémon look ready for "a Firin' dar LaZarz!" (I.E. Gibe VS. Trapinch.)

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I actually did have Kiwis in mind when I came up with my incarnation of Natu. XD

I've been ridiculously artblock'd lately. But here's a random doodle from hell.

RealityIBorkedIt.jpg

Yes, that IS a female version of me. And yes, I DID completely break reality.

Blame Dway for the scary chair. It was just too epic a thought to leave it undrawn XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
NaVi_Me.jpg

I feel strangely blue today... >>;

Me as a Na'vi from Avatar. The neuro-connective tendril (or Biological USB cable, whatever you want to call it) is off-frame and is encased with an epic-long braid too.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
TLDARGH.jpg

And in today's episode, Stel smites Trolls.

Inspired by occurrences on another, TWEWY-based forum, hence the Noise-like armblades/claws.

Also, yes, Stel Rage can and will summon Scouters to be shattered.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Nappa: Vegeta! What's the Scouter say about his power level?

Vegeta: IT'S OVER 9000!!!!! *smashes scouter*

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Stel Rage is amazingly awesome! I pray to Arceus, Kira, Jenova, Kami, collective unconcious, and any other diety out there that I do not find myself on the recieving end of that ^^;

*heart races*

Epic Stel is epic. A classic armblading, throbbing veins, and classic Stel anger? Awesome, yet scary, comic.

Wait, a Stel happy face in the first panel? Wow, must have been a very idiotic post to change that.

I really think the Na'Vi version of you suits the whole Stel background you have created.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hurf. XD

RandomGibleDoodles.jpg

Kinda hard to take the silly thing seriously when it's practically the PokeMon version of Pacman.

StelStyle_Laverice.jpg

Our very own Sami's Laverice, her region's final-form water starter. Drawn because I love the design. ^^

Stel, the cartoon.

I fucking love it. Nothing more fun then watching Stel chuck a giant SPIRIT BOMB of Words at people. Also the expressions are really good. I'd like to see some more of these comics ^^

...There should be a hack of Pac Man where you can be Gible...
I really like Laverice; the fins, claws and overall look are great.
The comic is awesomesauce. Wordbomb would be very fearsome indeed. Armblades are pwn as always.

I love the comic, Stel. It blows the mind away.

The Gible drawings are cool. You put a more realistic touch to Pokemon that makes them more realistic. Laverice looks really cool too. You put a ton of detail in your drawings and you should be proud of your work.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Tactical_Squad_Lol.jpg

My own personal tactical squad of video game/anime crushes. Lawl.

from the bottom to the top, Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV), Gardenia (PokeMon), Dr. Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Original), Gascogne Rheingau (Vandread), Kanon (Wild ARMs 2nd Ignition) and Dr. Amy Sage (Phantasy Star II).

Hurf. xD

The Gible still looks really cool, even if you do call it Pac Man. I'm curious, what's your explanation for the little rocket-things on it's head?

Wow, the Laverice looks so sleek in your drawing. It definitely looks sealish now. :D Seals!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
TWEWY_Stel.jpg

Every player of the Reaper's Game has a unique affinity with pins and psyches. Some may only be able to use a single pin through the use of a special focus, while others may be capable to use a wide variety of different pins - there are many specializations as there are players, all of which have their own strengths and weaknesses in the players' struggle against the Noise.

The Noise - animated, scattered, disoriented soul material - mere background static, it seems. Meaningless. But to those who listen to the music and not the song - to the hidden rhythms and patterns of the noise that give them coherent form - the meaning becomes clear. And if they are adaptive enough to adapt their uniqueness into their own melody...

Then through special pins, players with this specialization can rearrange stray soul material into a limited number of their own noise minions. This is a risky undertaking, as for every summon, the summoner must use a piece of their own soul material as a focus, and so, if one of their noises is deleted, they would take damage as well - and the summoned noises may only exist on the battlefield for so long before the summoner must reclaim the piece of themselves the used as a focus. Practice makes the summons longer and more effective, and may even lead them to evolve into new forms...

My personal OC for TWEWY (still no background or name on him) is one such summoner - and here he is surrounded by three yet unnamed Opabinia Noises. ^^

I'm liking the liking the designs on his jacket, and the design of the Noises. They have this otherworldly look that I always enjoy. He seems completely unconcerned, as if this isn't his having the Noises summoned.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Veeeery interesting description there, Stel. ^^ Was it pretty much taken from TWEWY or did you put your own unique spin on it? Nifty concepts either way, and nice piccy. I recognize those critters xD

Wow Stel, that Noise description makes a lot of sense for something not mentioned in the game. I love the design of your Noise, I always like that twist they always put on mthe Noise. Very nicely done (Btw, I love the shoes :D )

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Katie: You would, considering how much I ramble about Opabinias. XD The summoning thing is my own twist, but Noise -ARE- generally disoriented soul material. ^^

Secad: I actually own shoes like these ^^

Alright. Time to make this page COVERED IN BEEEEEEEEEES.

BeedrillLine.jpg

This picture took me more than a year to finally finish. XD. The Beedrill was drawn and finished today. ^^

Sinclair.jpg

He's still nameless, but his last name is Sinclair, and he's a PokeMon Trainer. That's not a mechanical arm - that's an arm-mounted device that serves as a multi-functional trainer tool. I'll get more details about him up soon.

Ahhhh! I love your realistic Pokes, but the bug ones are really real and scary and I wouldn't ever want to train them in my life! But they're cool still.

Nameless Sinclair is awesome. The arm-mounted device makes me think of the Snaggers (w/e they're called) from Colosseum and XD, although yours is a lot cooler and probably doesn't steal other people's Pokemon. Also like the detail on the hem of the pants too. I love all the robotic details actually, sweet stuff.

*runs away from teh awesome BEEEEEEEEES*

Stel, these are awesome. I love how you stripped the cuteness from the Weedle. It looks like the little awesome larva it was supposed to be. Now my favorite here has to be the Beedrill. Now the 'cones' aren't cones, they are claw-ish protrusions, like real insects.

Now, the arm-mounted device on Sinclair really is quite intriguing, due to its complexity and detail. What exactly does it do? Is it a Pokedex, Poketch, Pokegear, etc. all rolled into one?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Essentially - The shouderpad contains the power source as well as assorted proessors and storage units. The bumps on the upper arm unit are PokeBall holders. Minimized-state PokeBalls fit into them. Once a PokeBall is slotted into the thing it's instantaneously synchronized with it. This has two functionalities. One - it can be used to heal them. It has a similar functionality to the regeneration machines in PokeMon centers but on a smaller scale, providing regeneration over time. It also allows him to get assorted readouts re: the pokemon inside the balls (their status, etc.)

If a PokeMon is to be used the data/energy form contained in the ball is transferred to the forearm module and then to the lens construct on the hand and released through it. This doesn't really provide any effect but it looks badass. XP

The forearm module itself has a hell of a lot of other uses other than team management - as you can see, it has a PokeDex mode. It can also function as a PokeGear-type thing. The display is a touch screen with some holographic capabilities.

~*~

You can fully blame Irene for this:

Wisteriark_Pokedoll.png

Wisteriark PokeDoll tag, inspired by Irene's. XD