• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh Nuzlocke Discussion

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
•underground the routes
•under the water of said routes.
•in the skies.
We're not doing that, we can add surfing and fishing to the list if you can do that but not diving. Flying and underground won't be a thing. I mean flying yes, but it will only work like in the games. Not ORAS Soaring way either

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I’m imagining actual ecosystems here. Beaches for example like sand gem I’d imagine crabby, dwebble, and other costal life on it’s beaches. Just like how life of earth is found most everywhere. It would be pretty dull if we were stuck with the original game system of only 2 or 3 super common Pokémon per early route

T-that's why I'm making encounter sheets in the first place....
I know, I’m not ripping at you or anything, just trying to build to what you are making. Because you said things like sandgem wouldn’t have encounters and such had me worried. That beach is technically a part of the town, and it seems like there could be opportunities to grow and expand the palette

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
You make a good point though, Shen. Aesthetically, it would be good to actually SEE these pokemon even if we are not ecountering them. But there are so many potential areas to find pokemon on from that. I imagine the south of sandgem town with the beach being like that beach where you can find Staryu and Sandygast in SuMo/USUM to the east of that Aether foundation hotel-sandy patches or sinkholes where you can find pokemon. If you weren't aware there's a route south of sandgem which leads to pal park.

You make a good point though, Shen. Aesthetically, it would be good to actually SEE these pokemon even if we are not ecountering them. But there are so many potential areas to find pokemon on from that. I imagine the south of sandgem town with the beach being like that beach where you can find Staryu and Sandygast in SuMo/USUM to the east of that Aether foundation hotel-sandy patches or sinkholes where you can find pokemon. If you weren't aware there's a route south of sandgem which leads to pal park.

Yeah, exactly! Unique Pokémon for the environments :)

I think you could include those Pokemon in towns into your RP posts, but not actually catch them if you want them there.

....that mostly kills the point....

OK, to avoid further complications, I'll have the "government" had made a rule. No Pokemon Capturing in areas apart from Specifically allowed areas like the Safari Zone or Routes!

Okay, even then, part of the beach is a route XD.

Yeah, and having too many catchable Pokemon also mostly kills the point of a Nuzlocke.

To my knowledge no it doesn’t. Just the first one you roll per route correct? No complications I see

Yes, it would. As I stated, the point of a Nuzlocke is to make the game more challenging by limiting encounters and having your Pokemon have one life so there are more consequences to fainting your Pokemon. Catching a Pokemon in every area would kill a Nuzlocke.

Fine, but can you directly state what you're attempting to convey with this idea? You're literally just stating concepts assuming I know the context this is in.

As in add more to each area. Like beaches have more marine life and general beach like creatures, forests and muddy terrains have other Pokémon like shroomish and Shellios. Basically these different parts of the biomes that weren’t used in the games can be used. Like the muddy bike falls or the marsh environment in pastoria. Things like that. Know what i mean?