• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh Nuzlocke Discussion

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
@fasttypingyay @Mr.Glaceon @LittleGreenBean @Lightless @Mockingchu @SoulDemon @Luke The Riolu

-----------
Yea so we're doing a Sinnoh RP, but it's a nuzlocke. Here are the rules:
1. Any fainted Pokemon is considered dead. This one is obvious. Make sure they survive a decent amount of hits and make sure your Pokemon ACTUALLY die.
2. The first Pokemon encountered on the route is the only one you can catch. This will be randomized to ensure equality. Starter Pokemon don't count, and you may choose whichever one you'd like.
3. Nickname all of your Pokemon to create bonds between you and your Pokemon.
4. Dupes Clause: If you get a Pokemon of the same evolution line or species of a Pokemon you have/had, you do not count that encounter and may try again.
5. Item Limit: Three healing items per battle are allowed.
6. All Pokecharms Rules
7. Any Pokémon not captured by the trainer can't be used. Trading back for evos is alright tho.

Bio time: (* = Optional)
NAME:
PERSONALITY:*
RP EXAMPLE:

My bio:
NAME: Ezekiel Ethereal
APPEARANCE: Gray leather jacket with white undershirt; platinum blond short hair; gray gloves and pants and shoes; silver eyes; a black cape
BACK STORY:* His parents were nerds, and passed down the trait to him. He grew to very much like Medieval Times in particular, reasoning for his cape. He had always wanted to be a trainer, he called it "becoming the best knight of all time." Recently he has been notified that he's able to get a Start Pokemon and agreed to take on the journey enthusiastically.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, not gonna join just yet as I have to research all of Sinnoh and I'm not that used to gen 4. When I'm done maybe I will join though lol

YES YES YES I love this idea
Name: Luke Orpheus
Appearsnce: Blonde spiky hair that he uses gel for. He has cruel icy blue eyes and a short nose. He wears a dark blue and black jacket with some matching shorts and blue nike running shoes.
Backstory: He has always wanted to prove himself since his family have done many adventures and challenges in different regions and wants to become the greatest champion. He is willing to do whatever it takes to win even at the sacrifice of some of his Pokémon. He is prideful and arrogant and looks down upon fellow trainers that are not really important.

If it was randomized, I might join. But this would be quite confusing to put into retrospect in a roleplay.

An idea would be to have the pokemon world in a lack of pokemon, as fainting no longer occurs in trainer battles. And because of this, only the first pokemon can be caught from each route. Also, pokemon have begun exploring new areas, explaining the randomized feature.

I can agree with Mr. Glaceon this time. I'm still joining it though.
NAME: Esther Flannery
APPEARANCE: Esther's hair is short, dirty blonde and messy; As for her eyes, those are green. She can often be seen wearing a trenchcoat and distinguished boy khakis, along with blue converse shoes. Esther wants to be a detective someday.
BACK STORY:* Esther was raised as a normal kid in Twinleaf Town. She gained a lot of interest in detective movies at the age of 12, and wants to be one someday. Hopefully. She got very excited at the fact she was going to have a Pokemon accompanying her on her journey.
RP EXAMPLE: I think you guys know how I RP by now.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Yeah, but it would be funny just to be p your journey and spot a Mewtwo or something.

No offense but I see less funny and more annoying.
If it was randomized, I might join. But this would be quite confusing to put into retrospect in a roleplay.

An idea would be to have the pokemon world in a lack of pokemon, as fainting no longer occurs in trainer battles. And because of this, only the first pokemon can be caught from each route. Also, pokemon have begun exploring new areas, explaining the randomized feature.
sounds interesting, but completely randomized encounters is just too much, and if that was the case this RP would have a different name

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Well damn Nebby, this is a really good idea. Never seen a nuzlocke thread lmao.

NAME:
Parker Bell

APPEARANCE: Parker is 5'9'' with a decent build. He isn't fat or skinny, and he has a good amount of muscle. He has thick black hair, swept over to keep it out of his brown eyes. Wears a black cloak over a dark gray shirt. His pants are equally dark, and match his shoes. He of course has his signature thick rimmed black glasses, and can't see without them.

PERSONALITY: Parker is somewhat cold and distant. He's got a depressing aura around him, but can still smile and get others to do the same. He's caring and loyal to the few people that can manage to get close to him, and he'd go to great lengths for them. He's dense and bit of an idiot socially, but he's logical and thinks things through when they matter.

BACK STORY: Parker lived a lonely childhood in Canalave city. His parents were gone on business most of the time and the only other family he had there was his Uncle who owned a fishing boat. Due to this, Parker spent the majority of his time in the Canalave library. He loved the Sinnoh folk stories and read all of them over and over. The other thing that interested him in the library were all the books on Pokemon types and battling. He could tell you everything about battle strategies and type matchups, as well as what moves and abilities most Pokemon can have.

RP EXAMPLE: You've seen enough of my posts in the Naruto AU, right Nebby?

So, I was lazy and decided to use the same character as my Black 2 Nuzlocke.
NAME: Kimberly Blackborne. Often called 'Kim'.
APPEARANCE: Kim is a simple looking girl. She has an average, slightly curvy build and stands at 5"0 feet tall. Kim has deep red hair that falls to her collarbones with sideswept bangs, pale, ghostly white skin, small freckles that litter her body, and hazel eyes that seem kaleidoscopic as they eclipse into a green color in the sun and darkening to a mysterious brown at night. Kim has mild astigmatism and wears glasses to correct the problem. Kim wears a new faded sweatshirt every day, usually having some sort of unique print on it. She wears faded black Nikes and distress jeans with fishnets covering the holes. Kim often carries a blue mailbag and wears a necklace with a vial attached to it.
BACKSTORY: No tragic, edgy backstory here. Kim's a normal girl that lived in Unova before moving to Sinnoh because her mother got a job opportunity.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
@Nebulix Since this is an RP, is there gonna be any rules about what Pokemon can and can't be killed? Say for example, you only have one Pokemon left. Would you have to drop out if it dies? Is it allowed to die? What happens?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
How about more random than the games itself. Like you might find a Seel in the water instead of magikarps, and slakoths in the cities. Randomized, but not to the point of finding a charazard in a city lake.
I like this idea, but it should still be random. Just means more Pokemon encounter able like from other regions. Also you guys are all accepted

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
@Nebulix Since this is an RP, is there gonna be any rules about what Pokemon can and can't be killed? Say for example, you only have one Pokemon left. Would you have to drop out if it dies? Is it allowed to die? What happens?
If you have 1 left Pokemon I say it shouldn't be allowed to be killed.

todoroki

Previously gamora
NAME: Laurel
APPEARANCE: She has brown hair past her shoulders, dip dyed with pink. She dresses with a black hat with a large brim, and generally wears dark colors.
PERSONALITY: Much a victim to her naïvety, Laurel is still learning about the Pokémon world. She's very soft-spoken and kind, but can be quite sarcastic and mean.
BACK STORY: Growing up in Hearthome City, her mother and father worked at Amity Square and the Contest Hall respectively. Her knowledge of battling at this point is fairly small, as she's mostly been exposed to contests so far. She's very good at nurturing Pokemon, but is still learning to battle. However, she hopes to one day become the Sinnoh League's champion.
RP EXAMPLE: Laurel let out a sigh of disappointment. The Spritzee had yet again let out of the Heal Ball, and it woke up from its hypnosis. Not giving up, Laurel eagerly yelled, "Alright [POKEMON], Hypnosis one more time!" The Spritzee fell asleep again. "Now, use False Swipe!" Spritzee stayed sleeping idly as [POKEMON] left it with just enough health for it not to faint, and Laurel threw her last Heal Ball. It shook once, shook twice, and Laurel sweated with hyper anticipation.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Aight, Imma make a depressed character, feel free to PM me and give me tips cause I don't wanna write this character poorly.
NAME: Michael Lostar
APPEARANCE: pale, grey eyes, pale blond, almost white hair, basically, an albino
PERSONALITY:* Depressed and anti social, not mean, just not one for social interactipn
BACK STORY:* His parents were murdered, causing his depression, he originally moved in with his uncle and aunt from his dad's side, until he could no longer take their constant arguing and abuse of each other, he then moved to Sinnoh thanks to his grandparents from his mom's side, however, he still hasn't recovered from his depression.
RP EXAMPLE: Nebby I think you've seen enough of my RPs to know how I RP.

Personally I feel the best idea would to have a list with newer and older generation Pokémon although that will take a long time to make it would be better than everyone having the starly line on their team