• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join RWBY: Origins (Contains Violence)

Xander followed the others quietly. He looked around and wondered, Why was I sent here? He held to his sword. He didn't even know what his sword could do.

Kathleen noticed the girls nervousness so she tried to change the subject. "So anyway what type of weapon do you have?" She asked trying to keep the conversation going, "A have this, it can also turn into a sword." Kathleen explained as she pulled out her bow.

Gale noticed that she wasn't going to get out of the conversation and put her arms out infront of her showing off her bracers. She then jumped at C's appearance and pressed her arms to her chest, "I use dust"!

Xander also interuptwd the conversation by saying," My name Xnd... I mean Xander, it is a pleasure to meet you," xander stuck out his hand. His voice was now about half monatone, half a teenage boy.

"Oh, dust? I've tried it, but it's not as fun as shooting someone rapid fire, you know? And also..how many students are there?" He turned to the giant crowd around them.

Gale started to get antsy at all of the people and backed up quickly. She spun on her heels and started walking away, trying not to pass out from social anxiety. Once she was an appropriate distance away she took a few deep breaths and calmed herself down.

"Hey wai-oh whatever. Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet all of you. I hope we meet again soon!" He bowed, and walked off. Hopefully someone opened up a food stand somewhere around here.

Whoa... This place is amazing. Almost like the complex back at home. Better go and say hi to someone else, I guess. Sky went over to the guy with the Prototype armblades. "Hi, I'm Sky. What's your name?"

(Sorry! For some reason, I wasn't getting alerts...)
The hooded man looked around, seeing the majestic school. It was incredible. The architecture was rigid and refined, yet still gave a sense of gentle comfort. He then saw that everyone was getting very chatty. He didn't really care for all that. Then he saw professor Ozpin. He looked at the crew one last time, taking an extra long gaze at "Xander" before walking away. He hoped that no one had noticed.

Glancing over at the strange man, Sky noticed that he was paying a lot of attention to Xander. Strange... I guess I'll have to watch him too.

Sky look a second to check that his jumpsuit was still working properly. Highlighting the "system check" icon, his suit started to hum and buzz randomly, with long blades running from shoulder to hip sliding out momentarily and back in, and several guns flying out into Sky's hands (from automaticly guided courses), being put straight back in afterwards. Hope nobody notices how much of a noise this is making. Admittedly, I'll probably have at least one guy noticing me and asking whether I'm all right. It's inevitable. I mean, who wouldn't notice a buzzing suit with blades coming out of it and assorted objects and devised flying out of the back.

Kathleen looked at the 2. 'Well I am only here with monotone boy now. That shy girl seemed nice. I hope I will get to know her better. (irony of them being on the same team XD)' She though as she turned to the other person. "Well anyway. I should probably ask. Do you know where are suppose to go? I have no clue." She said in a cheerful voice also disintegrating her tone of voice in her thoughts.
@HydreigonBorn37

Last edited:
"Ah, I think we're just waiting for directions right now. Hopefully a teacher conveniently makes an announcement soon, cuz we could be here for a while." C turned to the front of the crowd, waiting for a teacher to step up or something.

Crystal took a second to look away from the school and scan the increasing crowd. New students were still coming from other ships, and Crystal was starting to get lost in the crowd. She bumped into a man wearing a hood. "Oh, sorry." she said before realizing that it was the same person she bumped into on the ship ride over. "Hey, I remember you. We bumped into each other earlier. What's your name?"

"Uh... Topaz." he said. "You're Crystal, I believe. Once again, sorry for bumping into you earlier." He turned back around, and what looked like a scabbard with a blue gem in it was visible for a second before he started to walk away. He went over what his father had told him again. It was vital that he told Ozpin as soon as possible.

"Well, um, nice meeting you!" Crystal yelled as Topaz walked away. Suddenly, a teacher yelled "All students meet in the amphitheater for information on the Entrance Exam!" Crystal looked over the crowd of people to see where everyone was heading and followed.

Ozpin watched as students started filing in to the amphitheater. It was a large group this year, but that usually meant that many would fail the exam as well. When he got conformation that all of the expected students were present, he began his speech.
"Hopeful students, my name is Ozpin, and I am the headmaster here at Beacon Academy. While it may seem as though you have ended your journey to Beacon Academy, it has only just begun. As many of you may already know, the papers and letters of recomendation you sent in were only for consideration for the Entrance Exam. Now, what is the Entrance Exam? Simple, it is a rigorous examination of one's physical and mental strengths to see if you are in fact worthy of attending Beacon. From this test, we will also determine what teams you will be in for the next four years. While many strive to complete this exam, some will fail, and that is something I cannot control. The exam will start in one hour, and you will all need to be present if you have any hopes of attending Beacon. Any more important information will be given at the site of this exam: The Emerald Forest, a place that has held this exam since the founding of Beacon Academy. I wish you all the best of luck. Good day." Ozpin stepped away from the microphone as the staff led the students to the location of the Exam. He turned to Glenda, who had been standing behind him for the duration of his speech. She asked him, "Do you think that this year will bring any adept students?" Ozpin smiled slightly. "Every year does. But I have a good feeling that this year will be better than most."

"Hopeful students, my name is Ozpin, and I am the headmaster here at Beacon Academy. While it may seem as though you have ended your journey to Beacon Academy, it has only just begun. As many of you may already know, the papers and letters of recomendation you sent in were only for consideration for the Entrance Exam. Now, what is the Entrance Exam? Simple, it is a rigorous examination of one's physical and mental strengths to see if you are in fact worthy of attending Beacon. From this test, we will also determine what teams you will be in for the next four years. While many strive to complete this exam, some will fail, and that is something I cannot control. The exam will start in one hour, and you will all need to be present if you have any hopes of attending Beacon. Any more important information will be given at the site of this exam: The Emerald Forest, a place that has held this exam since the founding of Beacon Academy. I wish you all the best of luck. Good day."
Topaz nodded as Ozpin finished his speech. He saw Ozpin leaving the stage, and he tried to sneak past Crystal - who he had somehow ended up next to during the ceremony. He had to speak with the headmaster immediately.

Ozpin saw Topaz and stopped. "Ah, Mr. Shardlost. Your father told me you had some valuable information you needed to tell me." He looked around to see if anyone else besides Glenda and Topaz were in the room. "Now tell me, what is so important that your father needed you to tell me in person?"

Sky was surprised nobody had noticed his suit. His check finished, he stood up and started to look around the building nearby after the speech had finished. Not a bad speech, all in all. Pulling out the grappling hook, he stuck to the wall, and reeled himself in. He then started to record a map of the roof in his jumpsuit, as well as committing it to memory. Sky dropped back down, and heard voices coming from the room. Coming closer, he realized these belonged to the headmaster and the hooded guy who he'd heard call himself 'Topaz' and had the strange sword, which was made of a material his database couldn't identify through scans. He then backed away from it, after realizing that the headmaster was sure to have some form of monitoring the outside room, and quickly sprung back onto the roof with his gun. Tucking it away again, Sky headed to the roof of the hall where the students were standing.

"My father has discovered evidence that someone is plotting to take the power of the Fall Maiden, Amber." Topaz said.
(Sorry about the one-liner, it's just too important that Ozpin [and I guess Sky] responds to this immediately.)

"Oh? That's a dude on a roof." C pointed to sky, who was jumping around up top. "Hey, what's he doing?" He nudged a student next to him, who pointed and looked too. The chain has begun.

Oh crap, somebody spotted me. Time to disappear. Sky quickly made a running jump to the edge of the building and extended the membrane of the suit, allowing him to glide out of sight, but not before remembering the face of the student. As he did, he realized he was back near the room where Ozpin was talking with Topaz. Not wanting to miss this chance, he stayed still and listened, not fully caring about any cameras he might or might not have hidden. He then heard 'My father has discovered evidence that someone is plotting to take the power of the Fall Maiden, Amber.' Sky was shocked by this piece of news, and stood frozen. Not the same Fall Maiden I'm thinking about? If anybody got that sort of power... he thought to himself. He quickly ran, not going in any particular direction, just away from the quiet, enclosed room. He found himself in the main hall again, and allowed himself to mingle with the crowd, not really caring as he tried to process what he'd heard.

"Someone named Cinder, but that's all he's found out so far. He's deep under cover, and it was hard to get even that much. My father has found where the maiden plans to travel, and he recommended sending your best to watch her in secret. I assume because if this 'Cinder' knows there's someone watching the maiden, she might account for them."

Ozpin turned to Glenda. "Make sure that we know Amber's location and warn her of this new development. If someone were to try to kill Amber, they would definately obtain her powers." He turned to Topaz. "Thank you, Topaz. This information will help to end a potential catastrophy."

"No worries, sir." Topaz said, leaving the room. On his way, he saw that person with the weird suit from earlier. He noticed that the guy was a bit nervous. Did he eavesdrop on Ozpin and I? Unintentionally, he bumped into Crystal AGAIN. Whoa! Where'd she come from? "Oh... hello again." Topaz said, a bit embarrassed that he hadn't noticed her.

(Maybe Crystal and Topaz bumping into each other can become a joke for the series XD)
"We do." Topaz said, readjusting his scabbard so that it didn't stick out too much. He decided to try and make small talk. "Are you ready for the exam tomorrow, do you think? I've been studying it from when my father took it."

Amber. Jeez, that poor girl. I hope she turns out all right. Headmaster should be smart enough to help her and give her warning. Hopefully. Sky then saw that Topaz had left the room, and had bumped, yet again, into Crystal. He walked up to his and said "Hey, I never got to properly introduce myself. I'm Sky"

"I'm not really sure. I heard that there's live Grimm involved, so, I'm pretty sure it's going to be dangerous. So, what's your main weapon? I think that the diversity of weapons here is really cool." Just then, Sky walked over. "Oh, hey Sky!"

"My main weapons are these blades, but I have a bunch of others, as you know." Sky extended his blades from shoulder to hip, on both arms.

"Good day." Topaz said. "I'm Topaz." He then turned back to Crystal. "This thing is my main weapon." He drew his sword, which gleamed in the light. There were multiple switches and triggers across the weapon. Also, there was a blue gem in the hilt of the weapon. "I've killed Grimm before. As long as there's not elder Grimm, I'll be fine. You guys know what you need to do, right?"

"Yeah, totally," Crystal said. "Oh, my weapons are these," she said while putting on her gauntlets. "I designed them myself: gauntlets with several different attachments. The only problem is that I usually have to stick with one attachment in a battle since it takes too long to switch out attachments..."

"Okay, see you around." Once he'd left, Sky said to Crystal "That guy, he's kinds sketchy. He's been talking with the headmaster about all sorts of stuff that he really shouldn't know about as a student. Well, I shouldn't know either, but that's different. Try and keep an eye on him, will you? I'll get to work on something to let you switch attachments mid-battle, because that could give you a serious advantage. See you. Oh, and take this." Sky tossed her a small black device. "It's a communication device. Just press down on the back to speak, and let go. The front is one big speaker, but hold it to your ear, I don't want everyone around listening to what we're saying. It's patched directly into my suit, so don't worry about me not picking up. Bye." Sky set off in another direction and grappled to the roof, before running out of sight to explore a different building's top.
(@YamiVolcarona )

"Thanks! I'll try it out later!" Crystal yelled while Sky grappled away. She looked out to the trees in the distance. She knew her destiny was just beyond the horizon that the trees traced out. She saw Topaz walking away. "Hey, wait up!"