• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pruie Discussion Thread

Enjoy your longish post.
I'm in a hot car with signal varying and my phone drains battery way too fast, so don't expect my updates to be too often.
I kinda feel like this RP is kinda messy?

Hey guys. I'm in the process of moving to Texas in a moving truck with my dad and my two dogs. I managed to stop at a hotel and get wifi but I leave again tomorrow and will be safely in Texas by tomorrow night. Please wish me luck, and @Azuru please continue this post. Someone can auto for me while I'm gone if they'd like. As of now, I'll see ya all later.

I know I came up with the idea to have Team Shadow have Shadow Pokemon, but I actually havent played the Gale Of Darkness games.
Can someone give me a basic rundown?

Well, we talked about it before, but Shadow Pokemon in those GameCube games had the doors to their hearts closed. As a result, they could not level up, evolve, they sometimes went into states similar to confusion, where they hurt themselves at the end of every turn, and they could only learn Shadow Moves, which are super effective against everything. But, we're throwing most of that out because fastt wants a cool looking Linoone with none of the drawbacks (I'm actually seriously sorry if I sounded like an ass there). So, all I think there is is that there's an appearance change, they can use Shadow Moves, and they won't listen if you're not close with them,

I got to go do a thing, I'll be gone for a few hours. I'll let @Azuru control Angel for the time being, if needed.

That actually sounds pretty cool.

(I like the low-key salt here :^)
Ill probably watch a few episodes of chuggaconroy's Let's Play on it just to get a better feel of it.
I think I remember my sister owning the game, but I was young so all I remember was some guy with an afro(?)

Aha! Yes! My boy Mirror B.! He had the best battle theme in the game.
(I like that you picked up that low-key salt. If you wanna see all the salt I had, just read up to where the subject was brought up in this thread.)

Also, since we're going with the "they're fine if you have a high friendship," are there any complaints if I have Angel's Zangoose somehow unable to be purified by Ora?

Also, I apologize if Raina makes too many crude jokes or swears, I have a potty mouth and a dark sense of humor IRL, so my characters are usually like that.
Fun fact: I was banned from a RP for swearing too much

Yeah. Unless this is a highly different variant (because Lugia was the only Pokemon to have a physical alteration. Others just had a shadowy aura, even then that was only visible to the chick in Colosseum and people using an Aura Reader) I wasn't one for the whole "high friendship negates it" thing. Friendship doesn't really mean a thing if the door to your heart is closed. But, it is what it is, I guess.

*Is actually super happy someone agreed with me on this.*

Anyways, I'm gonna have Angel's Pokemon obey, but they're acting similar to Toast. Poseidon might be a bit more obedient. And Rikki will definitely be a bit rebellious, and he's going to be brutal af now. His moveset (until purified) is now Shadow Rush (actually the move Shadow Zangoose used), Crush Claw, Poison Jab, and Close Combat.

Also, I'm cool with the swearing. I have a dark sense of humor too (that 2$ prostitute post cracked me up), so you'll find no complaints from me.

Okay
I wasn't sure if I wanted my Pokemon to disobey me completely and I didn't know how to re-create the pain at the end of every turn, so I just figured that having him being clumsy, confused, and occasionally disobedient would work.

I saw that one!
It was amazing! Amazingly dirty and full of swearing. Perfect!

Also, do you think we should win against Darcia, also what Pokemon should her and the grunts have? Im thinking of dark and ghost types, as well as poison and psychic ones. Obviously they'll be shadow, but I think Dragalge will be good.