• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Warcraft! Discussion

Which jewel should be the next one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Cmeriwether oh boy... We have two. I'm really sorry xD you don't need to change it, but in case you want your character to be more unique, here is what we have so far.
Mage- Light, Electric, Sorta fire (He is an inventor), healer, weather.
Dual swords- Water, Electric/Wind
Scythe- Wind
Assasin- Dark
Rouge- (forgot if Amra has element)
Blacksmith- fire
Monk- fire/electric

Ok so Amra's element is a bit complicated. She is a fighting element. It was brought out by the sword that her father sent to her. (Which everyone will find out later on.) Basically this means she is faster and more deadly with a weapon in her hand. Amra is a ranger. She uses her bow a lot more, but her new sword will have a lot of action. I am still working on the details of this element, because it is something I am creating from scratch.

The sword is very special. Tyler might know what it is, and maybe Azumi, but it is a relic passed down from ruler to heir in times of need. It has a few magical properties that will become know throughout the RP. Elemental attacks have no effect on it. It can change shape into any weapon that is needed at the time. I might add a few things later, but that is the jest of what I have so far.

If anyone has any suggestions for the name of the gem sword then please help me out.

@Hecotoro, I will update on the progress I make on the fighting element and the sword.

@EmoKitty21 can you fill me in on Amra's new powers? (I have to keep tract of everyone's potential). Also remember weaknesses also, if she got stronger, we need to add weaknesses.

@Cmeriwether well we have two groups right now on the border of the kingdom. One is in the south jungle and one is in the northern snowy mountains.
There is a war going on and both groups have the mission to meet up with a other guild and work together. So... Get creative I'm open to ideas.

@EmoKitty21 we posted at the same time xD sorry about that. Amra now has long range attacks and close combat moves. Plus a weapon that can change into any weapon and even a shield strong enough to stop lightning bolts. She is basically a one woman army. Also, the new element seems to me that it is going to get even better. With all of this, and some other stuff I'm sure I missed, Amra is the strongest member of the guild, which means I need a big weakness.

(Renz isn't a weakness xD)

@Cmeriwether the lightning is happening in the snowy mountains. But I do like the idea of her in the jungle. That team is currently eating, so she can approach them calmly but will probably have Samantha react aggressively.

Yeah I was kind of thinking something along those lines. I was thinking her weakness could be her wanting to protect Rolen no matter what to the point ahe becomes single minded in that pursuit. Also I am thinking that when using the sword she becomes more prideful in her actions. Another thing is that the gem that the sword is made of is very sought after. Thieves and other things will be coming after her. I also had an idea of some sort of demon who wants her for his bride or something. I will work on it.

@Cmeriwether, You could have her stumble upon Phoenix. I can make a post about him doing something with an invention and messing up and making a loud ringing noise will that work.

@Cmeriwether go ahead, you're in.
@EmoKitty21 those aren't really weaknesses though, how is someone from the Organization going to fight her? Kidnapping Rolan? Azumi is useless in long distance fights and has low defenses, her gem gives her a big boost in exchange for big physical damage. Wes can only use his fully potential for very little time and it tires him out. Sarah grows really tired also, Rolan needs to prepare spells. Samantha can't fight hand to hand. I need something like this, otherwise I will have to power up the enemies even more and some members won't be able to keep up. I hope I'm not being annoying I just don't want future fights to end quickly and have some characters be completely out shadowed by others.

Yeah... maybe something along the lines of that she... ooh... this is a problem my brain is not coming up with anything.... hmm... ow... maybe... do away with it giving her extra skills, and make it be basically a D&D +2 weapon: more likely to hit and deals a bit more damage? And maybe the weapon can only be a shield, sword, or twin daggers?

I could also debuff the elements that she can block with the sword. Besides it was only able to heal her once when she first picked up the sword. She was close to death then.

Ok I will work on. Maybe she could only block lightening. Also she I was thinking she might be more subject to magical attacks. The sword is not able to handle them. Amra has a weakness to magic. If she is hit by a spell she will suffer more damage. Also the more damage she blocks the more it takes out of her. She may not notice it happening, but after the rush of battle is over she will become very weak and loses some of her lightening fast reflexes. Like I said I am still working on it. I have had this idea for a bit, but I am still making major changes to it.

I know I’m late on joining in but here’s my two cents on Amra’s recent power up: while both the new magical weapon and the fighting element are super cool, both combined seem a bit overpowered. In order to balance things out I would recommend a huge nerf to one of the two things or a decent nerf to both. Here’s my ideas on some options on how to do so:
  • The fighting element could be completely changed to a new one, the increased physical abilities and reflexes make it seem like Wes’s spirit or Azumi’s gem but without near as much of a drawback.
  • The relic would have to have a distinct weakness that would “shatter” it, thus rendering it useless for a bit of time (like if obsidian hit it the stone would just break into a ton of pieces and then reform over time).
  • If you continue with the fighting element you could implement something akin to mega evolution. Her fighting abilities make her stronger but you could make it so she has very little mental capacity so a decently intelligent fighter could easily trick her and win.
These are just some suggestions but I do agree that a nerf is necessary. The way I see it each Azumi should by far be the strongest in the guild (with Sam as a close second), and Amra right now definitely is. Additionally, I feel what’s been cool about the guild dynamic right now is each member has a sort of stat that they specialize in and then suffer weaknesses in the others, the way it is right now Amra is the best in multiple of them.

Emma- Power
Wes- Speed/agility
Sarah- Stealth
Rolen- intelligence
Phoenix- inventing and agility
Tyler- Also inventing but now I’m not sure anymore because now we have another fire inventor.
Razan- Environment manipulation (basically the rpg equivalent of a “setter” Pokémon)
Sam- Magical prowess/ defense. I know defense seems odd but I feel it actually suits her quite well since she doesn’t really attack unless prompted and I love the idea of her using her windstorm to shield. Plus, she’s really seemed like a counter attacker in most of her battles, waiting for the enemy to attack first and then exploit a weakness.
Maria- healing
Azumi- the all-a-rounder. She is great with power, speed, agility, intelligence, defense, and decent at healing because she is allowed to be as the guild leader and we need a strong one in charge.
I recognize that a lot of characters are proficient in multiple, but all have one they are the best at, with Azumi being second place for almost all traits. I know Wes has medical knowledge and intelligence, but he has no medical power and greatly trails behind Maria in that regard and he doesn’t have the intelligence to learn spells like Rolen does. Overall, I think as it was Amra would have the highest power, speed, agility, magical prowess, and defense (also you could count intelligence if that’s what her heightened reflexes would be, but I lump those in with agility). I think Amra would defeat every guild member in a 1v1 as is and since you already control the third strongest character in the guild (not to mention a future leader of another guild and an organization X member who should both be more powerful than most of the guild) I think a nerf is justified.

I agree with most of this points. I definitely think the weapon gets a nerf, it just seems a bit much... I would suggest they just stay as her most proficient weapon, daggers, but the RP already has some stuff that would need changing. It could be done, but a hassle. And as for her element, we could say that this is the equivalent of a level up: you get some increased stats and capabilities, but only a little bit.

I was thinking along the lines of Renz with the fighting element. All I was going to have it do was increase her reflexes slightly, but not over the top and give her a bit of know how to use different types of weapons.

As for the sword, I was thinking that since Amra has always been either range attacker or up close this would give her one weapon that is a symble for her future title. Most of the abilities are locked to her until she takes the throne which will not be for a long time. She can really only use it shape shifting at the moment.

I do agree that I went into this with some thought, but did not do all of the planning I should have. I am a bit impulsive and tend to think of things and come up with on the spot. This was thought out, but not fully. I am still working on some of things that make the sword what it is.

Amra I think will not ever be able to cast traditional magic at all. She might be able to focus her element so she can put more force behind the swing, but being able to cast spells would not be something she can do.

Like I said I am still working on it and working on the balance. The way I see it right now it is just a sword that can change shapes. But I plan to work on the major weaknesses for both the sword and the element. Though I am thinking it will be that both are not able to withstand magical attacks at all.

Yes to everything above this.

Btw, Tyler is now Tyler Holmes, those are some impressive detective skills xD Along with Jerry Picasso.

Although I don't understand how Flygons, who is all the other way across the country with Razan, flew all the way to the snowy mountains up north and then flew back to the guild house.