• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Trainer University

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Matthew said no to coming with Alan and told him that he was going to the library. Mike finished eating and went to the school's exit. He followed Alan the whole way so he didn't get lost. Then, Jez asked why they're here if it isn't for beer. "I'm pretty sure Alan wants to fight but if I had to bet who would win I'd have to say his brother," Mike whispered looking at the menacing Pokemon. "Hey Alan, do you have a strategy? I have to agree with Jez that Charmander could get hurt badly," Mike said.

"Are you sure about this Charmander?"
Alan asks his Pokémon
"Char! *flamthrower* Char!" The little Pokémon roars as it steps forward to face its Brother.

Dalton gestures politely with an open hand for Charizard who forward towering over the little Charmander.

"Do your best Charmander! Metal Claw, Go" Charmander springs to action its little claws glistening like steel in the sunlight. It takes two swipes at the Charizard who backsteps fending Charmander off with its tail as if it were only a minor annoyance.

"Charizard, wing attack" Dalton says to which the dragon responds by launching a powerful gust of wind at Charmander

"Charmander, Firefang grab a wing" Charmander leaps aside from the wind blast and leaps up with a mouth full of fire clamping down on Charizards wing.

The Charizard lets out a fierce roar as it takes off, attempting to shake the smaller Pokémon off.

"Don't let go Charmander!" Alan shouts as the two Pokémon climb higher and higher into the air.

"That's enough playing around Charizard. Siesmic toss" Dalton calls to the Airborn Pokémon begins to build up momentum spinning in the air.

Jezebel gave a small growl of displeasure but didn't say anything else. She had a rivalry with her younger brother as well and she almost always won. Voxsan would be so consumed by his determination and anger that he wouldn't speak to her for days after a loss.

"I guess I can understand that..." She muttered, stepping back.

As the two plummeted towards the ground Alan was frantically attempting to recall Charmander. Each time the pokeball just barely missing it's mark "oh no..." Alan says forcing himself not to look away as the ground drew closer and closer.

A brilliant glow filled filled the clearing moments before Charmander was released. Following the glow both Pokémon hit the ground. Charizard for some reason failing to release Charmander, and the impact kicked up a large could of dirt and dust. Dimming the brilliant glow.

When the dust settled it revealed Charizard on its back, dirty but realitivly unharmed defending itself from a flurry of metal claw attacks from a very injured and newly evolved Charmeleon, only standing due to the effects of its Blaze ability. It's eyes are blank and it's tail begins to dim as the flurry of clawing slows to a halt and Charmeleon falls off of Charizard, Unconscious. Alan runs over to his Pokémon returning it to its ball before grabbing the duffle bag off the stump and storming off back towards the town.
"I'll see you later dalton"

Alan's older brother holds up his hand like he wants to say more but decides against it. Smiling and shaking his head before returning Charizard and turning to the remaining two friends.

"So who's next?" He asks "you're both BTU students aren't you?"

Wes' mental state after the call, yet still very weak, allowed him to fill the grumbling stomachs of himself and his Pokemon. Before he left the room that had been his hiding place, he splashed water on his face from the sink in order to wake himself up. Additionally, he combed through his hair and cleaned off his smudged glasses. The group was out of the door in minutes and speed-walking down the hall with a buzz from the PDA in his pocket.

Upon arriving, Wes' mouth had begun to water at the scent filtering through the lower levels of the dorm building. The party rushed into line and stockpiled their trays full of goodies. Wes grabbed a ham sandwich, a dill pickle, an apple, and a bottled water. For his Pokemon, he picked up a few status healing berries from the selection and three half-full bowls of Poke-kibble. Growlithe, Shieldon, Dratini, and Wes exited the line and headed for the always seemingly empty table that they had eaten at the day before. As a team, they sliced the berries into the bowls with knives, claws, paws, and tails alike. The world was really starting to look up for the family as they began to dig into the BTU grub.

For a moment, his mind wandered to Alan and the group that had chosen to go with him to pick up the party supplies. I wonder where they are now? he thought to himself as he took a generous bite of the ham sandwich in his hands.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike checked the time: 11:10. "Actually, I'm going to head back to school," he said. Mike used a Tram to get to LaRousse City and then went to the school. He headed to the Training Area. "Hmm, which Field should I go to?" Mike wondered. He decided to train intensely that day. He called out Gible. "We're going to the Fire Field first, then practice at the Tournament Field, sound good?" Mike asked. "Gib-gib!" Gible cheered happily and nodded. He set the lava's height to be low and began the training session.

-------

"OK Gible, that's enough for today," Mike said. He returned his Pokemon and checked his PDA: 12:00. "I better get to class," Mike thought. He hurried on over to the Conference Center.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew sighed and took a few more steps towards the inside of the library. He took a quick look around at all the signs and spotted something that peaked his interest just a bit. "Ethics of Pokemon Evolution. That seems like it's just the thing I'm looking for." he said. The boy walked over tot he area and began looking at the shelf. "No...no...no...no." he said, trying to locate a book he found suitable for his situation. Just then, the boy's finger passed over a book and Matt looked at it with wide eyes. "This should work just fine." he said with a large smile. He grabbed the book off of the shelf and turned it cover side up so he could examine the book's design and title. "Ethics of Pokemon Evolution Volume 1. Wait so there are more of these?" he asked after reading the title of the novel out loud to himself.

Having what he needed, he approached the BTU librarian and used his student PDA in order to check out the book. Matthew exited the library with a smile as he walked down the steps that led into the enormous building. "Good thing this book isn't like dictionary size or anything. Even some of those herbal books looked like bricks." he said, tossing the book up in the air before catching it. He wished he'd brought his bag along to put the book in for the time being but considering how it was almost time for class regardless Matthew didn't really care too much. Besides, the book was fairy light so it isn't like it was a pain to carry the novel around in hand. He began walking back towards the dorm figuring that he had to get ready for class soon or he would possibly be late...again. Upon entering the dorm's commons room he was sidetracked by the TV. "Amazing...the Sinnoh League is on. I had no idea!" Matthew exclaimed as he hopped over the back of the couch and landed in a sitting position on the cushion. His eyes were glued to the television as he watched an intense six on six full battle in the quarterfinals round.

Jezebel scoffed at Dalton. "How stupid do we look? We're first years so our teams are barely able to stand against a stage two, let alone a Charizard. Find someone else to sucker," she told him angrily as she turned back into town to try to find the post office.

"You coming, Alan?" she asked, not wanting to leave the two alone.

"you don't have to battle Charizard!" Dalton shouts, sounding kind of disappointed as the last members of your group head back towards south city.

"Well, I guess I'll see all of you on Alumni Day next week, enjoy your party!" He shouts with a wave. As jezz and Alan return to south city together. "I need to go find a Pokémon center" Alan sighs and adjusts the duffle bag on his shoulder " mind coming with?"

"Sure, can we head by a post office if we head that way? I've never been to this city before," Jezebel told him while holding Ammon in her arms.

"Is Charmander okay?" she asked, her voice soft with worry.

MEANWHILE ON CAMPUS

The trainers back on campus had arrived just in time for their first single Battles class in convention center A with professor beech.

Professor Beech is a tall thin man with Olive Skin and dirty blond hair. No older then thirty he has a handsom mature face with dark brown eyes and is wearing a white diamond patterned sweater-vest over a light blue collared shirt and khaki slacks.
"Welcome to your first day of Single Battles" the professor greets the class with open arms. "Personally I feel this is the most important class of year one"

"Boooooooo" you can hear professor Sakura shout over one of the divider walls

Professor Beech laughs "We usually start this class with an icebreaker battle activity, but since most of you already seem well acquainted we will move directly into your one on one examinations. We will head out to the Forest Training field today where one pair of you will battle to completion. Those of you who do not battle today are expected to produce a page of notes on the tactics used in the fray."

"I'm sure he'll be fine, just needs a good rest" Alan says as he drops his Pokémon off at the Pokémon center. The nurse informs him that it may take some time, but he's welcome to have a seat in the waiting area.

"Well.." Alan says to Jezz "want to go find that post office?"

"Sure; if my dad's package is there, do you want some of 'my reward'?" She asks him with a smile as she gets up to leave. She would never admit it, but she had started getting shaky without the stuff. But still, she'd take the dosage she needed; she may not have asked yo get hooked but she was and she did not want to go through detox. She had seen videos of others and it looked awful.

"Look, over there." Alan says butting a hand on Jezzabel's shoulder and pointing to a small green building with a sign reading Pelliper Post outside were two older trainers dressed in dark clothing and speaking in hushed voices. As the two of you enter the post office you hear some of their conversation just the words "Battle Tech Students..." followed by a set of snickers.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew had made his way to Singles Battles Class, despite being distracted by the Sinnoh League on the dorm room television. He knew this would also be a fun class just like Double Battles class was as well. He could tell by the interaction between Professors Beech and Sakura that they both liked to have their fair share of fun and games. He also did realize that this was still a class and there had to be as much work as there was fun written in somewhere between the lines. He heard about the page of notes that had to be completed if he wasn't one of the ones battling. "There's the work alright." he said, scratching his head a bit. He'd never written about battle tactics and strategies before. He'd rather perform those kinds of things rather than write about them. "The Forest Training Zone does sound fun either way though." he thought to himself with a smirk.

Matt then began to wonder. He hadn't seen Mike, Jezebel, or Alan since they left for wherever they went. He recalled Mike saying omething about leaving early so maybe he was back on campus just somewhere else. As for Alan and Jezebel, however, their locations were a mystery. Then there was Lexie who Matthew wasn't sure what happened to her. He'd left during their training to go to class and he hasn't seen her since then. "I hope everyone is all right." he said to himself quietly.

"Wonder what their issue is," Jezebel wondered out loud as she walked up to the counter. It took maybe five minutes to get the package. It felt like a weight was lifted the moment it entered her hands.

Leading Alan back outside, she had the biggest grin on her face. "Want some?" she asked as she dug the large bottle of pokemon tranquilizer out of the box. "It feels like you're floating on clouds the first time," she tempted in a singing voice.

"Maybe I'll give it a shot at the party tonight" Alan replies as the two exit the Post office.

Only several steps out of the building each of you receives a hand on the shoulder gripping you hard and turning you around. "You two sure have a lot of stuff for college kids" the Dark clothed men laugh one has spikey black hair. The other brown with a gotie. "Got anything good in the bags" they laugh "care to share?"

Alan instinctively reaches for the pokeballs on his belt Realizing with a shock that he'd left all of his Pokémon at the center. Dropping the bag onto the crook of one of his elbows he uses the weight to turn and elbow one of the assailants in the throat. He drops to his knees choking as he releases a pokeball from his belt "A-Agron!" *Choking noises* "Get them!"

Jezebel, in her hast to run, absentmindedly grabbed Alan's hand and ran. Ammon slithered onto her arm, firing a water gun at the Aggron. The attack slicked the sidewalk as well.

"You know this city better than me; where do we go?!" She asked Alan, panting as she ran.

"Idk, full disclosure. I really didn't think that through" Alan said running hand in hand with Jezz "let's get to the Pokémon Center, Charmeleon might be able to help"

After finishing their meal, the team embarked on a quick journey, thanks to the moving sidewalks, to the Conference Center that Wes had previously fled. The party entered the automatic, glass doors of the dome-shaped structure with rejuvenated strength after lunch. Quickly, the team searched for the Single Battles class with Professor Beech. Once again, from the viewpoint of Wes' shoulder, Dratini pointed out the class and they made their way through the crowd to it. They arrived just as the instructor began to speak. The gang listened intently to his lecture, however Wes broke eye contact to search for his friends. Where are they, class has started. he thought to himself as he rose to his tippy toes to see if he missed them. I hope they're alright. Knowing Alan, something had to have gone down other than a pick up. he thought worriedly before directing his attention back to the Professor.

At the mention of the writing assignment over the battle of the day, Wes brought out the PDA from his pocket. I'm not in the mood to battle, anyway. I can truly prove myself to all of these professors that I deserve to be here. his mind said with confidence.

"This is why I need a ground type pokemon!" she shouted as ahe pulled Alan along. Ammon kept up firing water guns, making the sidewalk as slick as possible; one well places shot actually managed to cause the rock/steel giant to slip.

"Can't look back now but I assume that was our angry giant taking a tumble?" Jezebel asked her fossil pokemon. His cry of triumph made her break out into a grin. "Nice job, buddy!"

The class eventually made its way back outside filing onto the sidewalks behind Professor Beech as he leads the class to the forest arena. "Can I get two volunteers to go first?" The professor asks turning to face to class in the referees position "it will be a Full 3 on 3 battle, substitutions are permitted to both Trainer, though the use of items is strictly prohibited. " professor Beech explains the rules of engagement "the restrictions are the same as all standard ranking tournaments as one of the purposes of this class it to directly prepare you for those"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike goes into the class room and immediately notices the difference between the two male teachers he's met. He chuckled at Professor Sakura's comment. Mike decided to participate in the examination. Prof. Beech asked for volunteers to go. Mike raised his hands. "I'll go, if anybody else wants to," he said.

The pair of fleeing trainers rounds a corner as the Massive Aggron crashes down onto the sidewalk. Just past this corner is the entrance to the Pokémon center. Alan pulls jezz by the hand and the two tumble over one another onto the waiting room floor landing on Alan's duffle bag as the contents shift and clank under their weight.
"Thank goodness dalton wrapped the bottles" Alan exclaims through his fit of laughing on the Pokémon center floor.

Several onlookers watch with concern as the Aggron and two trainers rush past the front of the center, not noticing the two trainer had given them the slip.

Wes and the party followed Professor Beech out of Conference Center A and onto the sidewalks that would take them to the aforementioned Forest Arena. At the instructor's invitation to battle, Wes looked down at his PDA to avoid the comment. He heard a familiar voice accept the invitation and he looked up to find Mike across the crowd. The sight of his friend brought the Double Battle back to his mind and he frowned before making his way through the crowd to talk to him.

Wes placed a hand on Mike's shoulder with a smile and spoke,

"Hey, Mike. I'm sorry about earlier at Double Battles." he paused to adjust his glasses, "I'm fine now. Congratulations on that battle! And I suppose, good luck with this one, too. You're a busy guy, Mike!"" he exclaimed with a laugh.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
As Mike was waiting for another volunteer he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around. "It's all good, Wes. Thanks for the congratulations. Technically I didn't win, Luxio fainted before Shieldon so there wasn't a winner because the match would've ended anyways. It was a great fight, though and thanks for the luck," Mike said with a smile.

"Oh that was close..." Jezebel sighed in relief as she laid on the floor. Ammon crawled over to her and rubbed her face with his tentacles.

She then busted out laughing. "You did great, Ammon," she told him as she stood back up and held him close. "I knew I could count on you."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew noticed that Wes was doing a lot better and that Mike was one of the volunteers for the battle. "Well I think that's my cue Chimchar." he said to his partner who simply looked away and grunted. "Oh come on don't be so grumpy. We'll do just fine. These are single battles so you can fight one on one. You'll do great." he said with a smile. Chimchar perked up at the mention of a one on one. He loved working with his Pokemon comrades but in the little monkey's mind, nothing could beat a good one on one. Matthew raised his hand from somewhere in the middle of the crowd with a smile. "I'll take him on professor." he said, stepping to the front of the group.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike heard a familiar voice through the crowd. "Matthew. Guess, we're going to battle again," the trainer thought. Mike also stepped to the front of the group. "I accept your challenge. May the best trainer win and good luck," he said while heading over to the arena. "Alright, let's go!" Mike said as we he released his Pokemon with a smirk on his face. A red flash came out of his Pokeball revealing Gible.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Good luck to you two Mike. I look forward to the battle." he said as he walked over to the other side of the arena. He had no idea what Pokemon that Mike would start out with but he was sure that the real fight wouldn't start until he had to go up against a stage 2 Pokemon whether it be Luxio or Quilava. "Gible huh? Well then I'll go with this." he said, tossing out a Pokemon. "Let's go Deino!" Matthew shouted as the little dragon appeared on the field in a flash of light. "Well then let's get started. On you Mike." he said with a smile.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike frowned a little, obviously disappointing. He had hoped Matthew would send out his Chimchar. "I wished he sent out his Chimchar but it's okay I guess," Mike said. "Alright, Gible, let's give it our best shot," Mike said. Gible grunted in response. "Gible, start off with a Sand-Attack and follow it up with Take Down," he said. Gible nodded and gathered sand from the ground and proceeding to throw it to Deino. Then it charged at Deino with white energy glowing around it.

Wes grinned as he peered through the crowd to find another raised hand. So, the old matchup of Matthew and Mike. This should be good from what I've heard of their training battle. he thought excitedly. He followed the professor to the Forest Arena with the rest of the class as the two opponents ran ahead to take up their places. Young Professor Beech walked to the center circle of the Forest Arena surrounded by artificial vegetation and trees. An opening in the wooded arena allowed the class to clearly see the two battlers send out their first Pokemon, Gible and Deino. Already they're starting with a very balanced dual. Deino against Gible, two Dragons with admirable power. he thought to himself as he typed the beginnings of his tactical analysis in his cracked PDA. The instructor stood between the teams and explained the rules of the battle before holding his arm straight up and then swinging it down, as if starting a race. Wes and his team of creatures watched in anticipation as the first commands echoed across the arena.

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew saw how Mike started off and it was the same as usual. "A cover screen technique followed by an attack." he said to himself. For the trainer's next move Deino had to be able to see Gible so regardless of the Take Down attack he had to get away from the sand. "Deino dodge the Sand Attack!" Matt shouted. The little dragon jumped to the side and avoided the blinding threat but he still had Gible's Take Down to deal with. "Alright Deino when he comes after you take the hit and use Bite to grab his dorsal fin!" Matt shouted. The dark dragon took the hit and its whole body threatened to go flying from the impact but Deino held on, clamping its jaws down onto Gible's fin.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"I don't like to do the same thing all the time," Mike said with a smirk. The Sand-Attack was just a diversion, Mike knew Deino still got hurt by the Take Down. "Gible use Sandstorm!" Mike yelled over to his Pokemon. Gible nodded and suddenly a bunch of small rocks and sand were hitting Deino. "Now use Sand Tomb!" he told his Pokemon. Gible used some of the sand from Sandstorm and made a mini tornado around Deino.

As the battle unfolded before the class, Wes began formulating his written response. Every moment or so, he'd take a quick glance at the battle and then go straight back to the device. I can't miss any of the action or my essay will be incomplete! his mind shouted as he hastily typed about the strategy of Deino allowing the Take Down to hit. Growlithe sat on his right shoulder staring intensely at the battle while Dratini sat on his left shoulder peering at the device. Shieldon sat next to Wes on the bleachers and subsequently began sharpening his face against the metal seat.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"That's not good." Matthew said. Deino was wrapped in a sandy tornado in the middle of the sandstorm but the boy still had one thing going for him. He had to capitalize on the fact that Deino still had his jaws on Gible's dorsal fin. "Now I just gotta make it work." the boy said to himself, putting the pieces of the puzzle together in his mind. "Now Deino let go and use Dragon Rage from point blank!" he shouted. The little dragon opened its mouth right above Gible, letting him go. He quickly began charging blue dragonic energy in his mouth. The moment it was ready Deino released the dark blue energy burst from right above Gible.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike's eyes widened as he saw his Pokemon get hit with a Dragon Rage. He groaned with annoyance at this new turn of events. "Gible, get Deino and throw him and then use Dragon Claw!" Mike shouted. Gible with his eyes full of fury threw Deino to the ground and then hurried over to the other Dragon Pokemon. His claws were glowing with Dragonic energy and he began striking blows at Deino.

Instantaneously, Wes started to clap for the maneuver set up by Matthew and his Pokemon. Growlithe and Dratini, following with the cheer, gave their cries of encouragement to the Pokemon on the field. After the fact, Shieldon lifted his head from sharpening to let out a call.

Wes quickly made note of the action and thought, Now that's strategy. Seems to me like we can learn something from Matthew after all.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Deino was thrown to the ground in a matter of seconds by the Gible. "Oh man I didn't realize Gible's reaction time was that fast." the boy said as he watched the shark Pokemon proceed in its assault on Deino. Matthew watched intensely as the Dragon Claw attacks continued to hit their mark. He knew Deino couldn't take too many or it would be game over. Regardless of how tough the little dark dragon was, dragon type attacks deal tons of damage to other dragons. "Alright time for this land shark's first flight lesson. Deino use Dragon Breath!" he shouted. The little dragon inhaled deeply before forcefully exhaling. The breath that Deino expelled came out in the form of a dark blue gust of air that would shoot Gible into the air. Deino would then get to its feet and prepare for Gible's next move.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Let's end this Gible," Mike said passionately. Gible nodded with equal passion. "Let's use that training to good use, Gible Dragon Rage Now!" Gible dive bombed onto Deino's back, clearly surprising the Dragon. Gible's maw filled with blue and purple Dragonic power and then unleashed it all onto Deino. "That's it, Deino's done for," Mike said triumphantly.