• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Trainer University

https://pokecharms.com/threads/btu-sign-ups.16995/
Sign-up Here :D

"Welcome to Battle Tech University. BTU is the most esteemed Pokémon trainer school In the world. Located in LaRousse city, Hoen region. It boasts the most sophisticated trainer experience. Our courses are highly competitive and geared towards making you a stronger, faster, and smarter Pokémon trainer..."

The introduction ceremony speech drones on as the other first year trainers around you all quite worn out from the entrance exam. There was no warning in the pamphlet for the 3v3 single elimination battles that immediately sent home half of this years BTU Hopefulls.

The beautiful blond third year welcomes all of you again before exiting the stage for an administrator Dr.Hornbeam, a middle aged gentleman. He informs you to head to the dorms to receive your room and meet your roommate.

Alan wakes up just in time to hear the instructions to head to the dorms. Rubbing the sleep out of eyes he yawns and refers to the map function on the PDA that was distributed to each accepted student.

Shuffling out into the crisp night air among the jostling students. Alan looks behind him at the conference center before stepping onto the moving sidewalk heading toward the dorms. The conference center was a large domed building the ceiling a giant glowing pokeball. They had divided the building into two sections for the introduction. Half was used for the Pokémon battles. The other for the speech.

The sidewalk ends in a large pavilion in front of the boy's dorm. The building looks like a modern apartment building. Through the windows of the ground floor a 24 hour mess hall is visible with several older trainers milling around.

A sign posted by the door in the lobby states that first years are housed on the third floor of the dorms, that floor being the first floor with bedrooms on it. The second floor being home to a recreation center.

Taking the stairs up to the first floor Alan manages to find the RA a tall third year named Sam. "What's your name" he asks looking down at a list of names on his clipboard

"Alan Race" he answers looking back at the crowd of students coming out of the elevator into the hallway.

"Room 316 " he says before pulling out a scan gun and scanning Alan's PDA the machine beeps registering the room code before Alan continues into the Hallway searching for room 316

Jagged somehow managed to survive through the ceremony speech and his pokemon managed to win him a spot in BTU. "Good job out there guys but I think it's time we all catch some z." He said to his 3 pokemon, ralts, Litwick, and Weedle. Jagged was looking for his room on the first floor and ran into what looked to be a third year who asked for his name while looking down at a clipboard. "My name is Jagged Spike." He replied. "Room 312." The third year replied. "Thanks. Cmon guys." Jagged said to his pokemon as Ralts and Litwick hopped on his head while his weedle stayed on his shoulder. "Room 309, 310, 311, here!" He said to himself as he walked in. "This better all be worth it. This place was not easy to get into." He said as he collapsed onto his bed. "So Ralts, Litwick, Weedle, how you guys likin' the place?" He asked them to which they all replied cheerfully. "I'll take that as a yes, who knows what kind of people well meet here or what kind of still well learn about?" He asked them. "Anyways you guys want to sleep with me or you guys want to go inside the pokeballs?" He asked them as they all hopped onto the bed to sleep on his pillow. "Guess you guys want this." He said. "I wonder who our roommate will be and what kind of pokemon he or she will have, who knows maybe you guys will get rivals." He said as he realizes that his pokemon were already asleep. "Goodnight guys but I'm staying up."

As Alan approaches the door to room 316 the the PDA in his pocket beeps quietly and he can hear the electronic lock in the door click open.

Entering the empty room he takes the bed nearest to the window he places his bag on it and taps the three pokeballs on his waist. Releasing his little Pokémon into the room. Charmander, Treeko and Vulpix.
"This is home for now" he says to them patting Vulpix on the head as she affectionately brushes against him. He allows the three Pokémon to explore the room as he unpacks his belongings. Before preparing a small backpack for the schoolday tomorrow.

While glancing over the map on his PDA Alan calls out to his Pokémon asking "who wants to go have a look around" Treeko and Charmander seem uninterested as they are too busy squabbling over a snack they'd managed to dig out of Alan's luggage

Pocketing a small paper box and scooping Vulpix into his arms Alan makes for the door. Standing in doorway he pauses for a moment looking back at his other Pokémon "Please..." he says "Don't destroy this place while I'm gone" before closing the door behind him.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew walked onto the campus with a smile. "This place is so huge." he said. The boy had a random bag he'd picked up from his home before setting off for the University and it was suspended on his side thanks to the strap that went over his opposite shoulder. Chimchar stood atop this bag, gripping the strap to make sure he didn't fall off while his trainer was moving. "So should we go straight to our room Chimchar?" the boy asked as he entered the doors.

He took in the smell of a new beginning, a new adventure even. He quickly found the dorms thanks to the map he was given on his PDA. "Man those entrance exams were no joke." he said to his partner as he walked down the hallway. He read the signs on the doors and looked for the room that belonged to him. "Looks like a 311 to me." he said, spotting his room. He stuck his room key in the keyhole and began to turn it. As he unlocked his room he took a glance down the hallway and spotted another student who was leaving his room. He gave a quick wave before continuing to open his door.

Kai walked slowly around. His partner, Mimikyu, was right behind him and, occasionally, he would receive glares from other students about it. He walked down the empty corridors, occasionally talking to his Mimikyu.

He pulled out a map, to see where the dorms were. His Mimikyu eventually jumped on his shoulder, attempting imitate a Pikachu.
"Hmm, 311.." he said, scanning the signs on the doors. He eventually found his.
"I guess this is our dorm, Mimikyu," he muttered, turning the lock to open the door.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew had just entered the room and took a look around. "Looks like this will be our home for a while guys." he said to his Pokemon who had all come out of their Pokeballs. They stood on the floor in front of their trainer and smiled with excitement. Matthew heard a noise and directed his attention back towards the door. He could tell someone was trying to come in and he figured it was either the head professor or someone important like that, or it could be his new roommate. Matthew smiled, "Come on you guys. I think our new roommate is here." he said.

Kai finally managed to open the door, and he saw his new roommate.
"Hello," he said, giving a grim smile. He sent out all his Pokemon: Mimikyu, Phantump and Gastly. He then walked over to plop his bag onto the bed by the wall.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew watched as his roommate entered the room and smiled, "Hey there." he said. Judging by his face he wasn't a very enthusiastic person at all. The cool thing was that his whole team were ghost types. "Wow that's so cool! A Phantump too?!" the boy asked, obviously surprised at the appearance of the little tree stump Pokemon. "Oh and by the way, my name's Matthew." he said, extending his hand for a shake if the other student was up for it.

Kai took Matthew's hand and shook it for a brief moment.
"I am Kai. I used to live in Kalos, moved to Hoenn not too long ago," he said in his regular monotone voice, "I see you have a Chimchar."
His Mimikyu shuffled over to Matthew's Deino and let out a small hissing noise while his Phantump was bumping into almost everything.

Last edited:
Lexie shuffled behind the crowd of people to get to the middle aged man, who was giving out the dorm numbers. She clutched her Totodile in her arms tightly. He cleared his throat and looked at her. "What's your name?" He said in a gruff voice. "Lexie White." She said quietly as he looked through the papers on his clipboard. "Yeah you're in room 312," He began, "The girl dorms are that way." He finished as he pointed to a direction Lexie didn't quite catch. She mumbled a polite thanks and fought her way through the crowd again. She reached what she hoped was the girl dorms and quickly found room 312. She placed the key in the lock and opened the door, struggling to hold Totodile with one arm. She placed him down on the ground as she began unpacking a few small things. "Well, I guess it's time to leave my new home and meet people." She said as Totodile chewed on the furniture. She grabbed her maroon sweatshirt and pulled it over her head, then she picked up Totodile and swiftly left the room.

Alan left the dorm after grabbing a snack from the Cafeteria. The sun had just set past the horizon leaving the sky with a faint orange glow. A cool evening breeze blew through his hair as he stepped onto one of the moving sidewalk wondering if he would run into any of the other new trainers.

Petting Vulpix he feels his PA vibrate In his pocket. A message from the school administrators Informing him of his schedule.

{ 8:00-9:00 Regional Studies: Professor Larch
Acedemic Hall Room 1123
9:30-10:30 Double Battles: Professor Sakura
Acedemic Hall Roof
10:30-12:00 Free period

12:30-1:30 Single Battles: Professor Beech
Convention Building A
2:00-3:45 Endurance Training: Professor Holly
Safari Zone
}

Last edited:
Lexie heard the notification of her phone and began looking at her schedule, as she held Totodile with one arm. She scrolled through her courses and felt a surge of excitement, she was honestly ecstatic to begin her classes. She continued to walk while looking at her phone, not paying attention to the world around her. She smashed into someone and fell on the ground, taking Totodile down with her. She groaned as she sat up and looked at the person she bumped into, she then proceeded to apologize profusely.

Alan looked down at the girl who had crashed into him "Are you all right?" He asked setting Vulpix aside, and offering the girl his hand.

The fox Pokémon walked over and sniffed the Totodile. Greeting it with a friendly cry

Alan was wearing an unbuttoned lavender shirt. Over a black T with dark grey jeans. He assured the girl that it was alright and insisted that she stop apologizing. "My Name is Alan" he introduced himself "Your first day as well?"

Lexie grabbed his hand and hoisted herself up. "Yeah, i'm fine, thank you. I'm so sorry for bumping into you, I was too busy looking at my schedule and I wasn't paying attention." She dusted herself off and began speaking again, "My name is Lexie and it's my first day. I'm kind of nervous actually, but excited too." She smiled, while Totodile chirped cheerfully at Vulpix.

"Hopefully the rest of the year is as easy as that entrance exam" Alan laughs before showing turning his PDA around in his hand and showing Lexi "have any of these classes?" He asks before lifting Vulpix back off the ground.

Lexie picked up Totodile and slipped her phone in her back pocket. She squinted her eyes and studied the screen. "Yeah, I actually have all of those classes." She smiled and continued, "I'm glad i'll have someone I know in all of my courses!"

Jagged somehow managed to pass out on the floor while he was waiting for his so called roommate, who never showed up, to arrive. "Huh?" Jagged mumbled as he got off the floor and began searching for his phone which was vibrating and somehow his pokemon were already awake. "Hey Ralts did you take my phone again?" Jagged asked as the Ralts replied with an unsure "Ralts" "Give me the phone Ralts.." Jagged said as the Ralts sighed and gave him his phone. "Alright that's my schedule, guys let's get going." Jagged said as his weedle hopped onto his shoulder and his Litwick and Ralts went onto his head.

"It was really nice meeting you" Alan says meeting the girls eyes with a smile "I'm gonna head back to the dorms, but hopefully I'll see you tomorrow"

Alan quickly follows his footsteps back to the dorms. Ariving on the third floor when he notices smoke wafting g from underneath the door...

Quickly checking the hallway, praying that his roommate isn't near he slips into the room and is greeted by a disaster. The room is completely trashed and filled with smoke. Running across the room Alan throws open the window above his smoldering bed allowing the smoke to excape when he notices his two little Pokémon passed out and battleworn on the sheets.
Acting quickly to clean up the room Alan gathers his unburnt belongings stuffing them back into his bag while tossing the smoldering ones into the bathtub. With the room no longer trashed he takes one last look around at the smoke stained walls before removing a large clear bottle from his bag and starting to drink.

Jezebel wandered around the campus. She had already found her dorm but hadn't stuck around long. All of her pokemon were out. Vixie, her Fennekin, was walking beside her, Liam, her Zubat, was dozing on her shoulder, and Ammon, her Omanyte, relaxing in her arms. "You guys did great during the entrance exams; you'll get extra desserts tonight," she told them while wiping Ammon's shell with a damp cloth.

She stopped briefly when her PDA pinged to alert her of her schedule. "Double battles? Looks like someone will be pulling overtime," she teased the tiny pokemon. "Wonder when we can go catch more pokemon; I need to partner you guys up," she said, irritated that in that entire drawn out introductory lecture, that was what had been left out. Really, at a school for pokemon trainers?

Lexie said goodbye to the boy she meet and continued to walk through the campus, appreciating the buildings and the people with their pokémon. She noticed a girl with a Zubat, Omanyte, and a Fennekin. She smiled, this was the first girl she'd actually seen since she got here, not counting the third year at the ceremony. She rushed over to her, gripping Totodile tightly in her arms. "Hi," she began, "I'm Lexie! I don't mean to bother you, it's just nice to see another girl here."

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, come to think of it, you're the first girl I've spoken to as well," Jezebel said, momentarily distracted by the fact. She then suddenly put her hand out to shake, jostling the Zubat on her shoulder in the process. Liam, angered at being woken, gave a shrill screech. "Well, sorry, moody," Jezebel told him, not sounding sorry at all. The Fennekin at her feet snickered while Ammon the Omanyte tried to reach Totodile with his tentacles.

"Anyway, my name is Jezebel Xienstien. This is my little family: Ammon the Omanyte, Vixie the Fennekin, and you've already meet Liam, my Zubat. He's also known as King Moody," Jezebel said before getting smacked in the face with a purple wing. "Okay, I deserved that one," she mumbled around the leathery appendage.

Lexie's green eyes brightened as she say the pokémon. "Your pokémon seem wonderful. As do you! What room are you in? I think I have a roommate, but I left before I could meet her, I wanted to explore the campus." She giggled at the Zubat's reaction and cleared her throat, "Hello King Moody, it's very nice to meet you." Meanwhile Totodile was blowing bubbles at Ammon and chirping cheerfully. "Oh, and what's your schedule? I met a guy earlier who had the exact same schedule as me. By met I mean, I bumped into him because I wasn't paying attention and fell on my face." She said, a little embarrassed her clumsiness. "I would also like to apologize for talking so much, it's always been hard for me to shut up."

Looking delighted, Ammon started blowing bubbles back. Liam merely made angry noises and tightly folded his head and ears under his wings. "What is it with you and naps?" Jezebel wondered. "Ammon and Vixie were gifts; Liam is the first pokemon I caught by myself. I'm still figuring him out," she explained with a single shoulder shrug.

"I'm in girls dorm 312. My roommate clearly stopped by but I missed her. Didn't much feel like hanging around so I went for a stroll. As for my schedule..." she let her sentence trail off as she brought the schedule up on her PDA and showed it to her new friend.

"Enough of the school stuff; who all is on your team?" she asked curiously.

Last edited by a moderator:
"No way, i'm in room 312! I guess that means we're roommates! Sorry i'm a little excited, I was worried I wouldn't get along with my roommate, but I consider us to already be friends! We also have the same schedule." Lexie said, beaming with happiness. She giggled at the interaction with Totodile and Ammon. "Well, as you can already see I have Totodile, he was my starter from Professor Elm." She managed to reach to her backpack and pull out two other pokeballs. She pushed the buttons on both and sent out her other pokémon. Once the beams of lights faded, a Sandile and an Eevee appeared, and they both cried at happily. "This is Eevee and this is Sandile." She motioned at both of them as she said this. "Totodile was my starter, but Sandile was the first Pokémon I caught. I got Eevee as a gift." She sighed contently, as she reminisced.

"My dad is a big part of the network set up to help professors stay up to date on any new findings. He specifically helps with the collaboration so he gets to travel a lot; he brings me with him during the summer. Vixie here was a gift from Professor Sycamore when we spent a summer in Kalos," Jezebel said as the little fox playfully lunged at Eevee and waged her tail at Sandile.

"Ammon is my starter, though. My mom works with pokemon fossils, more specifically their revival and the revived pokemon. Dad had come across a few fossils in his work so they surprised me with the revived version of my favorite fossil of his. Ammon has been my best friend ever since," she shared, mouthing, "Best tenth birthday ever."

"Good to finally meet my roommate and I assume this is your first year as well then? Since we have the same schedule, I mean. I thought they might try to put us with upperclassmen for roommates. You know, big kids helpin' out the new kids kind of deal." Her expression made it clear she was happy this was not the case.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew was in his room with his new roommate Kai when he received a notification on his phone that told him his schedule. "Well this must be it then." he said with a smirk. "Alright let's go out and meet some people. Maybe we should check the cafeteria because I'm hungry." he said with a laugh. Matthew put Deino and Mareep in their Pokeballs and allowed Chimchar to stand on his shoulder.

He made his way to the cafeteria and took a look around. He then shrugged and decided to be a little loud. "Does anyone in here have a class with me?" he asked a little loudly. He then covered his mouth as he might have been too loud. Chimchar make disapproving noises and smacked his trainer's head. "Hey!" Matthew said to the monkey.

Lexie smiled widely and squealed. "I'm sorry, I just love hearing how people got their pokémon, it brings me such joy. I caught Sandile while I was in Unova visiting my sister, and I got Eevee from Bill while I was visiting my brother in Goldenrod City, soon after I got Totodile. My family is kind of spread throughout the regions, so I travel quite a bit. I love my three pokémon dearly, but I can't wait to catch some new pokémon!" She looked at Jezebel's pokémon again before speaking, "It's good to finally meet you too! Yeah, it's my first year, and i'm so glad they didn't pair us with upperclassmen. I find them know of, I don't know, intimidating? Hey, do you want to go to the cafeteria? I haven't been yet, and I'm starving." She said as her stomach growled. Eevee yipped in agreement and Totodile chirped in agreement as well, while Sandile snapped his jaw, waiting to be fed.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew shrugged and decided to start asking around about where his classes were. He approached some upperclassmen considering they might be his best hope for locating the rooms. "Excuse me can you tell me where this room is?" he asked, pointing to the room number on his PDA. The upperclassmen began to laugh as they huddled up. They then turned to Matthew and smirked, "Oh no you're late!" one of them said alarmingly, hoping to trick the new first year. Matthew let out a slight yell as he began running down the halls frantically looking for his class. He didn't want to be late on the first day.

The upperclassmen laughed as they went along on their merry way after tricking the boy.

Wes stood in a crowd of jostling, yet worn students who seemed eager to escape the gigantic dome that was the Conference Center. He himself was quite battered after the entrance exam that had seemed to suck every ounce of energy from him. His thoughts became quickly consumed by the images of Shieldon and Dratini unconscious upon one of the many fields of battle on the other half of the Conference Center. If it hadn’t been for Growlithe’s initiative, this trip would have been for nothing. He said to himself in retrospect of the previous events. As the beautiful woman stepped onto the stage before him, his thoughts vanished and his cheeks became a visible crimson in the well-lit room. Wes quickly looked down at his feet to stop the heat that resonated from his cheeks. His always observant eyes noticed the rather spiffy looking outfit that he had chosen for the flight and the first day at BTU. Wes’ sockless feet were sporting dark brown leather shoes, accompanied with simple khaki pants that covered his legs and lead to a brown belt fitted with the BTU standard Tri-Pokeball Holder that shone in a metallic black. Tucked into the belt was a royal blue button-up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. As his eyes left the outfit, Wes combed his long, dirty-blonde hair to his right and peered through the black, thick-rimmed glasses to the sudden gentleman upon the stage who was welcoming the rowdy first-years to the university. He introduced himself as Dr. Hornbeam and set them off on their way to the dorms.

Wes slowly made his way through the excited group and to the doors that had opened after Dr. Hornbeam had released them to explore. He clutched the first of his Pokeballs upon the holder tightly, the one containing his partner, Growlithe. The capsule shook slightly as if understanding the sudden beating of Wes’ heart as he stepped from the shining, glass dome to the cool evening of the campus. The afternoon breeze ruffled his hair as Wes rode on the moving sidewalk that pointed towards the modern looking dorm building.
Upon entering, his khaki pocket buzzed which startled Wes amidst the crowd. He pulled the PDA from his pocket to notice the greeting, “Welcome Wesley Greyfield to BTU!”, and his new schedule that slid onto the screen. Wes studied the small device as he pushed towards the stairs and eventually trotted up the sloping steps to the third floor of the dorm building.The Resident Assistant stood before the entrance to the floor, greeting each student who produced his/her PDA to be scanned. As Wes reached the front of the line of first-years, the RA greeted him cheerfully, “Good afternoon. I’m Sam, the RA of this floor. Can I see your PDA to scan you into your room?”

“Good afternoon to you as well, I’m Wes,” he responded with equal cheerfulness. He held the PDA before the scanner and with a quick beep from the machine Sam said,

“You’re staying in Room 315 in the Male Dorm. Don’t forget to check the PDA for updates on happenings all throughout the campus!”

“Thanks, have a nice night,” Wes answered before entering the long hallway in search of his dorm.
His eyes flew to each door in succession on either side of the hall before finally resting upon the three hundred and fifteenth door of the dorm building on the masculine side. Another buzz tickled his leg and the door swung open to reveal the innards of his new home. “So this is the illusive Room 315? I gotta say this joint is looking real nice!” he exclaimed to the room. The dorm seemed uninhabited as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

“My roommate must have gotten caught in that crowd downstairs,” he said to himself. He recalled the pamphlet that had invited him to BTU a few months back and how it had explained that each dorm housed two students. Wes’ hazel eyes twinkled with delight as he explored every nook and cranny of the place. He decided to claim the bed on the right side of the room with his luggage and began to unpack his belongings. As he worked to make the place feel like home, his eyelids started to fall before his eyes and a yawn escaped from his lips. He looked at the digital clock on the nightstand and noticed that it was foolish to go to sleep so early before having a bite to eat. The young man finished his work with a gesture similar to that of wiping his hands of dirt and looked to the crimson capsules upon his belt. He remembered that his friends were still battered from the fight and his eyes caught a machine across the room. The screen upon it glowed with a faint light and it looked to be a miniature version of the healing machine at Pokemon Centers. Wes took the three capsules from his holder in a hand and placed them on the machine. The already bright room seemed to glow further as the machine’s screen flashed through the images of his Pokemon in each ball. After the glowing stopped, he picked the capsules up and released the creatures within one by one.

“Come on out everyone and see your new home!” Wes exclaimed as each Pokemon began exploring the new world around them with wide eyes and cries of excitement.

Wes noticed a sleepy Shieldon leaping onto the soft, comfortable bed that was now ruffled from the unpacking that had occurred and his Dratini snaking it’s way around his legs in a figure eight. Growlithe, after being released, had immediately begun to sniff every inch of his new home in search of a snack. “Alright guys, now that you’ve gotten acquainted with the place, let’s get something to eat. I’m starving!” he stated loudly to the creatures in the room who all leaped towards the door with eagerness. Even the usually calm and collected Shieldon seemed eager to explore the campus and head to the mess hall for some grub. With a turn of the handle, the group was off in search of their first meal.

OOC: Sorry for the length of this post. I just couldn’t stop writing!

Last edited:
"Kind of. I find them more stifling than anything else; they also tend to rub their privileges in your face without meaning to," Jezebel said, thinking back to her older sister. "Also, any story involving getting pokemon is interesting. It's just a natural law, like physics," she teased, playfully sticking out her tongue.

"And speaking of catching pokemon, any idea when we can do that? It's going to be hard on my team to split double battles between three pokemon..." she fretted. They could work out a system but double battles weren't something her team did much of. She preferred the chip damage that came with fast attacks and quick swaps. Ammon, being her only exception, was used to take tough hits. That and he was a pretty good counter to Vixie and Liam's weaknesses.

"Most of them like to pick on underclassmen anyway, so I try to steer clear." Lexie said, giggling as Jezebel stuck out her tongue. "I have no idea when we'll get to catch new pokémon, but I hope it's soon, I only have three pokémon too, and I would love to be able to have more pokémon for better type coverage. Double battles can be pretty challenging with just three pokémon. I also want to get a thunderstone so I can evolve Eevee into Jolteon, so hopefully they have a store around here somewhere. Maybe they'll go over things like that in our courses."

"Here's to hopin'," Jezebel said with a grin. "You want to go get some dinner? I know these guys are starved after those entrance exams," she said, indicating her three pokemon.

Wes followed the quickly moving Pokemon into the hallway and pulled the PDA from his khaki pocket. He swiped through the pages until he found the map of the dorm building.

“Let’s head down the steps on the other side of the hall so we don’t get bombarded by all the people entering the dorms from that side.” he informed the Pokemon after studying the map.

In return they each let out a call of approval and ran ahead with Wes in tow. As they journeyed to the mess hall, Wes’ thoughts couldn’t help but be turned to the entrance exam once more. An image came into view in his mind of the young trainer opposite him in tears after such a close match. The vision continued to show her being led away by a kind looking man and Wes cheering with Growlithe. He shook his head to rid himself of the vision and caught up to the Pokemon who had run ahead.

They finally reached the mess hall and entered the long line of students eager for some food to fill their empty stomachs. He noticed all the students had their partners milling about and communicating to other Pokemon around the mess hall. Wes' mouth watered when he neared the selection of foods and he quickly piled his tray with salted french fries and a cheeseburger topped with everything that one could want on such an entree. As he left the food section, Wes' filled his drink cup with a cherry-flavored cola from a machine on the wall. His eyes observed another machine that seemed to dispense Pokemon food and he cheerfully lead his Pokemon towards it. The trio of creatures seemed to notice the machine at the same time as if they were a Dodrio and dashed and weaved through the flood of legs to get to it. Wes' dispensed three bowls of the kibble and placed them on his tray; which was in danger of falling from his grip due to the writhing trio of his partners trying to climb his pant legs to get to it. He flashed his PDA to the lady at the end of the long line of students and found an empty table near the outer window that faced towards the Conference Center. His creatures leaped onto the table and stole the bowls from his tray immediately after it was set down. In the process, Shieldon's large head nearly knocked over the drink but thanks to Wes' quick reflexes it was saved. "Dig in guys!" he exclaimed as if they were waiting for him to say the word. The Pokemon had already "dug in" and were nearly finished with their bowls before Wes ever had a chance to begin. They ate in silence, to busy with filling their stomachs to speak, and listened to the tumultuous noise of the mess hall.

Last edited:
"Yeah, I would love to! I'm starving and so are my pokémon." Lexie said as she put down Totodile to stretch her arms. Sandile then proceeded to jump into her arms, since it was his turn to be carried. She caught him and held him tightly. "I think the cafeteria is this way." She said, trying to following the signs.

Jezebel giggled as she followed and let Vixie ride on her other shoulder. She couldn't put down Ammon as the poor guy was just to slow on land. Once they reached the mess hall, Vixie and Liam nearly started going forth to knock down any trainer in their way to the food. "Oh no, you don't! Go ahead and sit down; find us a table. I'll be by with dinner soon," Jezebel quickly got onto them. "I swear, those two need constant watching," she mumbled.

Once at the serving bars, Jezebel grabbed some chicken Alfredo pasta, yeast rolls, and corn on the cobb. For the pokemon, she grabbed three small, individual bowls and only filled them halfway with kibble before looking around for her little mischief makers. "What are you getting?" she asked absentmindedly as she kept looking.

Vixie and Liam, after being sent away, wondered for a while before they found an almost empty table. The only ones there were a Shieldon, a Growlithe, a Dratini, and their human. Seizing the opportunity, Vixie leaped onto the table in front of the human and cried out in greeting while Liam circled back around to find Jezebel.

The group was so focused on their individual meals that they didn't notice the Pokemon come to the table. Wes was taking the final bite of his cheeseburger when a sudden yellow and red blur appeared before him. It's cry was extremely audible due to the closeness of the creature and the entire party answered with their own startled cries in response. The trainer laughed, fixed his misplaced glasses, and placed the meager amount of burger left in his mouth. He swallowed before welcoming the Pokemon,

"What's going on, little Fennekin? Where's your trainer?"

The trio of Pokemon behind the Fennekin cried their greetings as well which sounded like a mixture of "Growl, Drat-i-ini, and Shield." Growlithe, always being the friendly one, began to sniff at the fox Pokemon while Dratini, being slightly more timid, snaked it's way onto the sniffing creature's back for a better view. Sheildon seemed to sigh and turn back to his food after a moments glance, clearly not interested in the new comer. Wes studied the Pokemon and thought back to a trainer that he had battled once upon a time when it was only Growlithe and him. The trainer had used a Fennekin in their match and it served to be a worthy opponent due to it's speed and cunning. That battle had always seemed to haunt him because he had underestimated the power of such an adorable little creature and lost in the end. Whoever this Pokemon's trainer is better be ready for a battle because I want a rematch with a Fennekin! I won't lose again!

Last edited:
Vixie merely nodded to the dinner line before pouncing on the Growlithe and starting to play wrestle.

Jezebel followed Liam to the table and pulled a bag of berries and apple slices from her bookbag. "Hey," she said to the by at the table. "Sorry if Vixie startled you; she likes trying to scare people," she said while guarding the kibble bowls as she used a plastic knife to slice the berries. She added several oran, pecha, and cheri berries as well as apple slices to each bowl. Once each bowl was half kibble, half fruit, she let her pokemon dig in. "Finally, I get to have my dinner," she joked.

"So who are you anyway?" she asked the boy across from her. Vixie had seemed to be getting along well with him and his pokemon so he could be worth making friends with.

Lexie put down her pokémon once they got to the cafeteria. "Please be care, follow Jezebel's pokémon, okay?" They all cried in agreement and chased after Vixie and Liam. Lexie grabbed a tray, a cup, and three bowls for the pokémon kibble. She then proceeded to add fries, dinner rolls, and a veggie burger to her tray. She also grabbed corn on the cob and a chocolate chip cookie. She filled the bowls up as much as possible with food for her pokémon. She carefully balanced everything in her hands while she filled up her cup with ice and Mist Twist. She called over to her pokémon and sat down at a table with a guy and his Growlithe, Shieldon, and Dratini. "Hi, I'm Lexie. Sorry for just sitting down, all the other tables we're packed." She said as she put the bowls down for Sandile, Totodile, and Eevee. She smiled once she saw Jezebel and her pokémon, hoping they could befriend the boy.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew came walking back towards the cafeteria do to the fact that he had never actually gotten that meal he wanted earlier. He really didn't appreciate school as it was but getting picked on by upperclassmen definitely didn't help. He thought a Pokemon school was supposed to be some magical place where you train your Pokemon and get super strong and make lots of friends. Turns out in was just like a normal school where you get picked on every day for no good reason.

The boy took a look around and his jaw quickly dropped. It seemed like all hell had broken loose or something in the time that he'd been gone. There were dishes and food everywhere and a bunch of Pokemon standing on a table crowding a single trainer. Matthew shook his head and decided to avoid the thing completely but his Chimchar had other plans. The little monkey hopped off Matthew's shoulders and ran over to the table, hopping onto it once he got there. By the time Chimchar got to the table there were even more Pokemon for him to socialize with. Matthew sighed with a smile and walked over to get some food, trusting that his Chimchar would be just fine.

"Now let's grab some food." he said, holding his plate in one hand. He loaded it with a cheeseburger with some fries. He grabbed some mac and cheese and an apple. The boy also poured himself a glass of lemonade to drink and set his stuff on a table somewhere near him. He then released Deino and Mareep from their Pokeballs to let them sit at the table. He got three bowls and filled them with kibble before placing them on the table. He then went to go retrieve his Chimchar from the other table. He walked over and waved at the people who were there, "Hey there." he said to the other students.

Wes noticed two young women coming towards the table and addressed the first to arrive with an Omanyte and Zubat.

"I'm fine and I believe that these guys will get over themselves enough to glance over the scare." he directed the last part of his response to the Shieldon who still sat nibbling his food. "Hah, no kidding, these three barely let me walk over here before stealing the bowls!" he added with a smile.

"I'm Wesley Greyfield and these are my partners, Growlithe, Dratini, and Shieldon." he pointed to each in turn and they cried their greetings to the trainer. "And you are?"

He turned to the other trainer now sitting down with her crew in tow. "This place is packed, Lexie," he quickly slid into using the name that she had given him, "no need to apologize for sitting down. What am I going to do, turn you away from a half full table. Anyways, it gives me the chance to meet some cool trainers." His Pokemon, excluding Shieldon, began to greet the large crowd that had now gathered around the table. Shieldon groaned and plopped himself onto Wes' lap under the cover of the table's ledge.

Last edited: