• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Life RP

"He wouldn't care. He wants something to help him meditate" Ki said to Almo. They reached the bottom. She handed the diamond to Almo. "You take it!" Ki said.

"Ha, thanks." Almo said, thanking Ki. "Well, what to do now?" He asked to the two. "Well, I hope you find something to give to Ri. I think you two would be cute together." He whispered to her, chuckling loudly afterwards.

Ri looked over to Almo. "What are you giggling about?" he asked. Ki shrugged towards Almo on what to do. Ki looked forwards. She was thinking of what to do.

Late at night, a full moon was shining through the trees as Cale and Growlithe were walking in the forest. "Hey Growlithe, I think we're lost in the forest!" Cale worriedly said. "Growlithe Growl!" Growlithe cried. They continued to walk though the trees. They heard rustles in the bushes, Growlithe sniffed the air. "Growlithe!" He barked. All the sudden a horde of Poochyena surrounded them. "Ahh too many Poochyena," Cale yelled. Cale remembered what a famous trainer told him to always stay calm no matter what happens. "Alright Growlithe, we can take these guys right!" He Yelled. "Growl!" Growlithe called. "Now use Flamethrower!" Cale told. All but two Poochyena were fainted. The two Poochyena ran off, yelping and barking. Cale watched one stop and howl at the moon. "Wonder if the others will wake up soon" Cale said curiously. Cale and Growlithe continued to walk in the forest. Cale thought if he could find an opening of trees, someone else would be there. He called out Noibat to search. A little bit later, Noibat returned. "Noibat!" She called. Cale began to follow Noibat

Senshi heard the Poocheyena howling. "I wonder what that's all about," he said curiously. So he flew towrd where he heard the noise. Soon he saw a trainer with a growlithe at his side. "Oh no this is bad," he said worriedly. "At least I think it's bad. I should go tell everyone else." Then suddenly he realized that he forgot to whisper and that the trainer probably heard him.

Growlithe sniffed, "What's wrong Growlithe, do you smell more Poochyena!" Cale said. "Growlithe Growl.."He murmured. Cale knew that it wasn't Poochyena. "Noibat, go see if you can find anything with your hearing" Cale called to Noibat "Noibat Noi" she called as she flew up to check. "Noooooii!" She used supersonic hearing, and discovered a Pokemon other than Poochyena behind them. They all headed that way.

Seeing that they were heading toward him Senshi panicked and used rock slide then flew away. Well, tried to at least. After about a second of flying he flew straight into a tree.

"AHHHH!!" Cale screamed. "NOIBAT!!" "GROWLITHE!!" His Pokemon yelled. All of them zoomed away to dodge the rockslide. A shadow flashed by, Cale quickly turned on his pokedex "Vibravia, the vibration Pokemon" the pokedex explaned. "Man, I've seen a Vibravia when I went to Hoenn, I can't believe that it caused a rockslide! You guys okay?" Cale said as he got up. His Pokemon were fine, they started heading back for the opening, Cale thought if Vibravia caused the noise he heard earlier.

Now Senshi found himself in front of a human. He didn't bother reasoning with it because humans couldn't understand them. And he doubted the pokemon who for some reason followed his orders would listen to him either. So instead he flew of towards the cave and this time didn't bump into a tree.

Targa and Ax had curled up in the cave, when Senshi came in. "Hey, what's all that racket?" Targa said, irritated. "Why do you have that look on your face?" Targa said, now with concern in her voice.

Cale finally found the opening. To his surprise, there was a mountain. "Wow, there's a mountain here!" Cale said in surprise. His Pokemon were amazed by the mountain too. "Thanks for the help Noibat, now return!" Noibat went into her pokeball. Soon after that, the sun started to rise. In the light Cale noticed some Pokemon tracks. "Growlithe look at these tracks!" Cale called. "Growl?" Growlithe said curiously. Cale used his pokedex to identify the tracks. "These are Mienfoo tracks" the pokedex said. "Cool a Mienfoo was here!"

Once Cale and Growlithe were at the mountain for awhile, Cale wanted to start training. He sent out all his Pokemon and started doing match ups. "Alright Growlithe your battling Treecko!" Cale said. All the Pokemon started to battle. With all the noise, they woke up a mountain Pyroar. "PYROOAR!!" It growled. It started to attack Treecko. "Ah! Treecko use pound!" Cale called. Treecko hit Pyroar with pound, it got mad and used fire fang. "Dodge it Treecko!" Treecko dodged the attack. "Now use quick attack!" Treecko charged at Pyroar, and missed. Treecko rammed into a rock. Pyroar then used fire fang, and it was a direct hit. Treecko was hurt, but it started to evolve. Treecko turned into Grovyle, and used Leaf Blade. The Pyroar ran away after getting hit. "Grovyle!" Grovyle yelled. "No way it evolved!" Cale said as he used his pokedex "Grovyle, the wood gecko Pokemon" the pokedex explained. Cale started to explore the mountain with his Pokemon.

Ax got up quickly, worried about Senshi. "What happened?" Suddenly, Ax just stood up, quietly, standing in front of the entrance of the cave. He said no word after that. I see no smoke, no fire... Absolutely nothing. Maybe... humans?- he thought. Ax had a very pessimistic point of view. He knew that it was a matter of time that a human could came there, but he expected to be in other moment, when he could have a more-prepared strategy to escape. Then, he came back to the cave. "It's about... humans?" He asked Senshi, worried about their future.

Cale went back into the forest, he was looking for a nice place for a tent. He walked past a cave and thought about going inside. "Hm I shouldn't disturb a Pokemon in its home"Cale said, and continued walking. After about ten minutes of walking he found a small lake, and a big tree. "Man Growlithe this tree is way bigger than the others!" Cale spoke. Cale started making a tent out of leaves and bark. Growlithe got wood for a fire place, and set it up. "Growlithe!" He called to Cale. "You got the wood, great now use flamethrower!" Cale said. Growlithe started a camp fire, while Cale continued to make the tent. Once the tent was finished, they started to find berries. Cale wondered if he should explore the cave or not.

Cale heard Pokemon from the cave behind him, he rushed over. When he got to the cave, he peeked his head in from the side. "Hey there are two Pokemon in here" Cale said as he turned on his pokedex. "Gible, the land shark Pokemon, Axew the tusk Pokemon" the pokedex said. Cale went over to the two, "Hi, I'm Cale" He said. "Growlithe!" Growlithe greeted. Cale offered the two Pokemon some berries.

Ax didn't have time to answer Targa's question when he heard an human voice right behind him, not knowing the good intentions of the trainer. "We... Well... He... He is right behind me, isn't he?" Ax managed to say while he was shaking in fright. The last time Ax saw a trainer, he didn't end well. "We should do... Something, but what?"- Ax asked to Targa and Senshi, . He was frightened, yet still, he seems to be more calmed than any other time he could remember, maybe because he had more company; and if he had to fight, at least, this time, he wouldn't be alone.

"Um, yes, we should probably do something..." Targa answered, trying to be comforting, although it was a bit difficult. "To be honest, in situations like these I think that we should throw caution to the wind, and go with our gut. And my gut says that my teeth would be most effective on this trainer." Targa said, her teeth gleaming in her toothy mouth.

Ax listened to Targa, clearly noticing her intention of attacking the trainer. He looked at Senshi and said: "Senshi, go out the cave and find some help. I don't think that this is going to end well". At least for us. He thought, remembering his last combat against a trainer... He was an expert in combat. The human didn't showed mercy for him, and now, Ax was the one that wanted to show no mercy for them. He wished that this moment would have come later, when he had the opportunity for training more; for being braver. But it looked like that moment was now. He looked again to Targa, lifting one of his claws, ready to attack, and said: "If we want to defend our home; if we want to keep safe, if we want to keep our freedom... Then it's our moment to attack".

Targa nodded, looking at Ax. "It's now or never. Let's hope this doesn't end as badly as last time." Targa said. She turned to the trainer, and charged at him. "YAAAHHHH!!!" She yelled, charging at the trainer with fury in her eyes. She clamped down her gleaming jaws on his forearm, and would not let go.

Ax just turned around and saw Targa biting the trainer, but he also noticed a Growlithe next to her. The Growlithe was not happy seeing another Pokemon hurting his trainer. He was turning quite angry too, and quite probably was preparing to attack Targa. Ax ran towards the trained Pokemon and scratched him. "Be careful, I don't know exactly why, but trained Pokemons and trainers have a very special... Bond." He told Targa while doing that. "They will not hesitate if they have to defend their trainer". Ax was quite angry with humans after what he suffered. He continued his way to the human. His eyes turned more red than usual, and he was holding the breathe. He was preparing his Dragon Rage, without noticing that Growlithe was recovering from his attack.

"Darn crazy trainer Pokemon. You take this trainer!" Targa yelled, through the bite. Targa let go of the trainer, and went after the Growlithe. She sprayed some dirt in its eyes, then tackled it to the ground, before it could retaliate against Ax.

"I'm going to stay here and fight with you," Senshi said. He then used rock slide unleashing a barrage of boulder hurtling from above toward the trainer's pokemon.

As Cale walked further in the cave, the Axew and Gible started talking to eachother, then they were about to attack. Cale noticed their attack postition. "No please don't fight I want to be your friend!" Cale said to them. All the sudden the Gible charged, Cale closed his eyes and flinched. "Ahhh" he screamed as he got bit. Then the Axew scratched Growlithe's face, and he started to growl. "Growlithe are you okay?! Don't attack back!" Cale called to Growlithe. Then the Gible stopped biting Cale and pummeled Growlithe. Growlithe tried to communicate with the Pokemon. "Don't attack us, we don't want to fight!" Growlithe said to them. Cale hoped they would understand that they were just trying to help, as the Axew charged a special attack.

Targa was scratching and biting the Growlithe, when he heard the trainer. He doesn't want to fight? He must be lying. Targa thought, reassuring herself. She saw Ax's Dragon Rage almost ready. "Yeah, we can beat them, Ax! Whenever you're ready? Finish this by blasting him out of here!" Targa yelled over to Ax, confidently.

Senshi ignored the trainer as he said this. "This is our forest and we will protect it!" he shouted. Then he used boomburst, which was his strongest move. And he aimed it directly toward the growlithe.

Last edited:
Cale knew they weren't going to listen. As the dragon rage got bigger, he stretched out his arms and hoped for the best. While Growlithe was taking hits from Gible and just stood there waiting. Then the vibravia fired an attack, and Growlithe fainted. "Growlithe no!, Please trust me, I want to be friends with all Pokemon not enemies!" He called out.

Ax was about to use Dragon Rage. It was the moment he was waiting. There, a human laid in front of him, helpless. He finally used Dragon Rage... But he failed the movement, hitting a rock next to the trainer. But... But how can I fail that. He thought. He had an awkward face. He suddenly saw the expression of the human. He was scared... Pretty scared. Ax tried to appear normal, like it was planned. "Stop hitting the Growlithe... Just let them go". He looked at Senshi and Targa. "it's weird... But, it's a plan. They'll leave the cave and go back to the city. They'll tell everyone that this forest is dangerous. Nobody will ever come again".

"Are you insane?" Targa held Growlithe in its most vulnerable moment. "They'll just tell people to come and find us!" She yelled angrily at Ax. I guess she has a point, though. Targa thought, as she looked at the helpless Growlithe. She began to cry. "I-I'm sorry, it's just..." She put her head in her hands, thinking about her past.

Last edited:
Senshi was sort of glad the human didn't get to hurt when he thought about it because then more humans would come here either wanting to catch strong pokemon, or getting rid of them so it's less dangerous. "I guess that makes sence," he said. So Senshi walked up to the human and pointed out of the cave trying to make him realize that he should leave

Cale closed his eyes when the dragon rage fired....he was fine. He noticed the broken up rock that Axew hit. "Axew, did you do that on purpose?" Cale asked it. He then noticed all the other Pokemon become more relaxed. Then the Gible started to cry. He wondered if he would get attacked if he tried to help it. He pat the Gible on the head. "Not all humans can be bad" he told the Pokemon. He then picked up Growlithe and walked back to his tent. "See you around sometime!" He called to them.

Although the pat on the head was less than enjoyable, and didn't really help, especially for Targa. She wiped the tears from her eyes, and sort of half-smiled. "Well, I guess humans aren't that bad, Ax." She hugged Ax for a while, and then walked outside. She smelled the air, and smiled fully.

When Cale approached Targa, Ax stood pretty near of the trainer, prepared to attack again. You can do what you want to me, but I am not going to allow you to hurt Targa. He thought. Then, the human started going out of the cave. Ax followed him with his eyes, and only stopped when he was far from the cave. Then, he hurried and went near Targa. "Don't worry, Targa", Ax answered. "But I guess you have a point too". Ax approached Targa, slowly. He put one of his hands in her back, and started whispering calmly. "Don't worry, everything we'll be fine". How can you be so clumsy... It was so easy. Ax was regretting his failed attack. We are safe, at least for now... "I guess you are right about humans, but I still don't trust them at all"

While at his tent, he tried to heal Growlithe with berries and potions he found at an abandon Pokemon center. Growlithe woke up. Cale explained what happened and that it endend out well. "Hey I just realized something!" Cale said. "The three Pokemon there were dragon types" "Maybe sometime Noibat can talk to them, she's a dragon type too!" Cale didn't get any sleep last night, so they both bundled up in the tent and took a nap.

Meanwhile, in the cave, Targa, Senshi and Ax were resting after the fight. "Are you alright?". The three were looking tired (it was normal; more when the fight happened in the middle of the night). They seem to be quite good after all. "It is obvious that the Growlithe was the one that left with the worst part. I am so sorry about him..." He continued. Then, Ax approached Targa. "I know it's difficult to tell, but, if at any moment you want to tell us about your past, well, we can listen. We will always be here to support you." He stopped a moment. Then, he got a good idea. "Let's do this: if you tell us about your past, I'll tell mine. What do you think?"

Ki looked startled at Almo's Remark. Ri looked over. "Cute couple? What do you mean? Who're you talking about?" Ri asked Almo. "Well it ju-" Ki started. Ri stopped her. "I asked Almo..." He said.

Targa smiled. "I suppose I'll tell it to you, but DO NOT tell it to ANYONE else." Targa said, seriously. "Alright it all began with my parents, or parent, I should say. My mother had died when I was extremely little. Me and my father had a pretty okay life, scraping by scavenging from the restaurants and such. That's when things took a turn for the worst. My father came down with a virus that he got from a b-bad piece of food." Targa said, tearing up. She choked up a bit, but kept talking. "He died before I could get help. I t-took him to a Pokemon center, but a trainer saw us and beat us down. That's how I got this scar. She pointed to her arm." Tears began to run down her face now. "After that, I had to live in the bad part of town, where I could barely live anymore. Then, the last gash in my life was when I was chased off from there by the gang. Th-that's how I got h-here..." She curled up in a ball, and began to cry loudly.

Almo looked starstruck. "Uhhhhhh..." Almo said, helpless. He thought of what Lock told him. When danger approaches, play dead. He did just this, and laid down on the ground with his tongue out.

Cale couldn't sleep knowing that some Pokemon in the forest didn't like him there. He wanted to be friends with all of them. He remembered the Mienfoo tracks at the mountain, he decided to look for a Mienfoo. He left his tent and started searching.