• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Hospital (Creepy Ghost Pokemon RP)

Angeline looked at the mess in front of her and started to pick up the files and carefully placed each one where they belong

Once she finished cleaning up she then pointed to a file cabinet in the corner of the room that she could not open " hat's the cabinet that won't open" Angeline stated as she stood right next to Lily in case something happened

"If spirits can't access that cabinet, maybe something corporeal can." Xonak said. He started searching for something that they can use to open the cabinet, like a cane or something.

Doing that, he thought about things. What was that voice calling out for their mom? Was it that Popplio? Why are we stuck here, but no other patients? Why the heck am I monologuing? Maybe there's some artificial force keeping us from our answers. But who would do that? Why? When are some host hunters being introduced? Not Ghostbusters, but more like those history channel shows that just ask questions and try to solve things.

"Oh, yeah?" Xonak asked. "Yeah. mine was a dumb idea." He said, putting away the lamp being tied together with a broom that was duct-taped to an umbrella that was being held onto by one of those claw-gripper things, that was propped up against a robot wearing a pot with the words 'crab ranch' on its head that would grab the claw-gripper and hit the cabinet with the lamp. "Well, where's the key?" Xonak asked.

"It's likely to be kept in here somewhere," Valentina began, "Or what's left of the staff room. Or possibly even the viewing area."

In their hurry to leave the place behind, the hospital's former staff had been ever so careless, it seemed, and had left lots behind. The key had to somewhere.

Angeline searched carefully through the office of the head Doctor only to find Valentinas file so she picked it up and ran up to the Primarina and handing her the file "I found yours in an office that could mean ours are scattered in diffrent rooms" Angeline stated

Different rooms? Lilly thought. It could take a while to find everyone’s files. Lily walked cautiously into the room next to where Angeline was, she didn’t want to go too far from safety.

Valentina shook her head. "I know about my cause of death," she answered, "But it's my son I need to find. If I could find his post-mortem, it might give me some indication of where his soul is..."

The primarina glanced around the room. "But you're right about the others' files. If mine was so easy to find, then the others will probably be, too."

And then the voice started up again. It was louder, this time.

"Mummy? I'm scared...It's dark in here..."

After handing Valentina her file she went to the room Lily was in so she could keep watch of Lily so the little pokemon wouldn't get hurt she then heard the Primarinas sons voice when she heard that it was dark she had a guess where he would be so she walked up to Valentina and smiled softly at her "Your son he said it was dark try checking the Nursery room that place hasn't been opened in a long time " Angeline told the Primarina

Last edited:
Alright. Time to do things. Xonak thought, floating over to the break room. Upon entering, he could spot three things of value.

A vending machine, a file, and a set of drawers. He went to the vending machine first. "Aw dang." He said. "No dolla dolla bills, Y'all."

Xonak floated over to the file and opened it. The file belonged to E-something. The name was smudged. "Dangit." He said. "Why do mysteries have to be so hard?" Xonak read the rest of the file. Subject E, he named it. Subject E was male, born in uhhhhh. That was smudged, too. A huge portion of the file was whited out, too. Strange.

He floated over to the cabinet to look for loose change for the vending machine. Mostly it was crappy phones, crumpled up papers, and flower petals. Wait, flower petals? He gathered them all up and decided to keep them with him, just in case. He lifted up one of the flower petals and found a 5$ bill. "Nice." was his response.

Upon picking it up, something slipped out.

Something metal.

"Aw sweet, a quarter." He floated over to the vending machine, selected 5C, opened the Cheetos, and bit into one.

He floated back to where he had set his contraption and told Valentina about the file he found. "Subject E, I call it."

Valentina took the file, opening the obituary report. A picture of a popplio, faded, but still there, caught her eye.

She read over it carefully. The cause of death had been graffiti'd over. But the age, and time of death were still legible.

Time of death: 11:23

"This is...This is my son's obituary," she said solemnly.

Angeline walked around the room that Lily was in as she felt sorry for Valentina not that she would ever tell anybody but Angeline has two kids that were already grown up well one of them was a shiny Gallade named Aaron and a little Kirlia named Elizabeth but by now Elizabeth would be a Gardevoir by now which made Angeline feel a little guilty sense she would never get to see Elizabeth evolve if the Kirlia hasn't already

"Oh. Oh crap." Xonak said. Now we just gotta find 'em. Xonak thought. What about the cabinet? It should be locked for a reason, right? What about the flower petals? Wait. The voice. We first heard it in the toy room..... and it's louder here......... The voice says it's dark........ "Could the voice be in the cabinet?" Xonak asked. He went to the cabinet, and spoke to it. "Hello?"

Valentina shook her head. "We should get to locating your files as well," she said quickly, "I distinctly remember a couple of gardevoir obituaries in the 'rainbow room'..."

The viewing area, or 'rainbow room', as it was so delicately called, was where pokemon who'd died could be seen one last time by their trainers, before they were sent off to be prepared for their funerals.

The voice went quiet, all of a sudden. And then, there was a sharp, whooshing spund.

Angeline elegantly walked up the stairs until she reached a dark hallway with only one door at the end of the room so Angeline walked up to the door and touched the doorknob before pushing the door open only to find a dark room that was only lit by a small crack in the only window the room was filled with little beds for baby pokemon and toys scattered on the floor it was nothing like the play room sense this room brought bad memories to Angeline

"Whoosh," Xonak said, trying to figure out what that meant. "Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh." Xonak floated over to the Rainbow Room, thinking. Hard. What in here goes whoosh? Fans? Wind? Xonak started looking for more files absentmindedly. Things moving? But what? He was looking under R. Rattata, Raticate, Regigigas, Remoraid. No Rotom. "Huh." Gotta look for the key, too. Xonak dug and dug, but all he found was another freakin' petal. Idea! Xonak floated over to a fan and zapped into it. If it whooshes, I'll whoosh too. He started floating around the empty hospital, turning the fan on and off.

Lily looked through many files. All seemed to be of Dragon type pokemon, so she may possibly find her files here. There was a Dratini, Deino, Tyrunt, but no files of a Jangmo-o.

"Whoosh whoosh, ghost." Xonak said. He was getting impatient. Whoosh. The fan was getting rickety. Xonak was bored, so he started whooshing the fan to various songs. First was Running In The 90's, and then some other really tacky songs he liked. "Whooshwoooshwhoshwooshoosh." The fan went, while Xonak was getting really tired. "This is dumb." A pause. "Whoosh. Whoosh, whoosh."

A clanging of...It sounded distinctly like crystal, clanging against the cold metal floor of the morgue.

Valentina made her way to the Rainbow Room, looking for some of the others' files. The body of the last pokemon who'd died here was still under a sheet behind the window.

She carefully shuffled through one cabinet. No luck. And then another. And then...

"Everyone!" she called out, "I think I've found Angeline's file!"

Angeline heard Valentina yelling that she found her file so rushed down stairs and into the Rainbow room "My files not supposed to be in here it's supposed to be in the office that belonged to the doctor that treated me" Angeline stated "how peculiar the files are moved around from their original spots" Angeline thought to herself

"There's probably been vandals here, since we died," she began, "And besides, your obituary would have been written by the staff who handled your body, and your funeral arrangements, not the doctor who treated you while you were alive."

Lily skittishly ran over to where Angeline and Valentina were. “ I haven’t been able to find my files yet. I don’t know who my doctors were either. “ Lily stated. Lily suddenly spotted what looked like a poke toy. She climbed over the files and sniffed at it a bit. This was hers!

Reign looked at the files as well, though it was not for the reason the were searching. He took lots of the files and stuffed them in his shiny cloth. He went over to the locked cabinet and pulled a key from his cloth then unlocked it. All the files were classified, so he took all of them and replaced them with the ruined files, locking the cabinet afterwards. He went over to a desk and searched it, taking files with a "classified" label. He than started cleaning the office of his tracks and went back to his room. He was also holding a Ultra Ball.

Last edited:
Xonak made a confused face. "Crystal? Crystal?" He said. This whole thing was confusing. He took another bite of the cheeto, thinking I've never been good at mysteries. That's why I watch game theory. "Crystal. Crystal, crystal, crystal." Xonak was talking to himself. "Hey Y'all," He began. "I'm gonna go down to the morgue, totally not suspicious-like. Feel free to stalk me." On the way down, he went past that Duskull he never got the name of. "Hey." He said nonchalantly. "Why would there be kinds of stuff down in the morgue?" He asked himself. "Could it be a..... g-g-g-ghost?" He imagined someone following him, so he tried to entertain them. He was crazy. Upon entering the morgue, he saw (I have no idea if I can do this or not, but I'm gonna do this if it's okay with you.) that the corpses were strewn around the room, some of them mangled. "wHAT THE ZZZZZT?" he yelled. This was screwed up. Some younger audiences might say it's 'wrong'. He floated among the mangled, rotting bodies nervously, his mind more broken than it is usually. Why are there so many petals? he thought, with an annoyed tone. "I need answers. And I don't feel like making them myself." So, he went back to where that Duskull was, but he wasn't there. "Ugh. wall of text."

Valentina glanced around at the jangmo-o, relieved that she'd found something. "Excellent work," she began, "Hm...This toy used to be fairly common, so, judging by its condition, it was used a lot...Do you remember how often you had the time to play?"

She nodded affirmatively at the rotom, before the clanging started up again, along with the voice.

"Mummy! I'm stuck in here! I can't get out!"

Reign went back to the desk with with the files. He cleaned up the place and sat at the desk. He had put his name down on the desk like he was claiming it, then sorted out files like a worker man would do. He put a sign on the door saying "Reigns File Trade" and was working on something important when he heard a clanging box noise and went to investigate. He had forgot to hide his "classified" files while doing so.

Xonak let out a loud ZZZZZZZRT! before saying "Arent you gals hearing this? There's mangled, rotting corpses downstairs, and no one is doing a thing about anything!" He was getting pretty flustered, although he shouldn't. He should at least wait for another post until getting flustered. But he was doing it. He should be looking for files. The voices were probably a red herring. The sounds. All red herrings. "Ugh. sorry." He said, walking out of the room. He patrolled the halls, looking for a place where he could search for files until more 'clues' could show up. He came to a door, marked 'Reign's file trade' that was open. "Coolio." He floated into the room, finding a desk marked 'Reign'. Xonak went to the desk and found multiple files. Most of them were for the mangled corpses in the morgue, but there was one that seemed suspicious. He reached towards it, but before he could touch it, he had a flashback.

(I'll put the flashback in the next post, mostly because I want it to be long.)

Reign saw the rotom and screeched at him, ripping the files away from him. I run this place, now if you want these files, you have to trade me something for them you hear?

Valentina scanned the room in a hurry. "I don't know," she answered, "But let's investigate. For all we know, it's probably a lost soul we haven't discovered yet."

The primarina hurried back down to the morgue, to find a strange duskull threatening the rotom.

"You," she began, "What are you doing, defiling those files?"

"Hey, Rotom. How many pokemon have we caught?" The boy asked. "I wanna catch every pokemon ever!"

"Well, uh, lemme check, kiddo." Xonak replied. He checked the 'Dex, and winced. "Uhh. You caught.... 2 Pokemon. Including your starter."

"Yay! Two Pokemon! Can we go back to Malie city, Rotom?" The boy asked.

"Uhhh. sure, kid." Xonak said. Oh geez. This kid is not gonna do well. He thought, before following behind the kid.

The boy picked up a rock. "Hey Rotom, is this a pokemon? Here, catch!" The toddler chucked the rock at 'Rotom'.

"KID, I DON'T THINK I CAN CATCH-" Xonak was interrupted by a rock hitting his screen, shattering most parts of his vessel.

Xonak came back to, finding that the Duskull screeching at him. Honestly, same. "What do you mean trade something?" Suddenly, that Primarina he forgot the name of burst through the door, yelling something about the Duskull messing something up. He looked back at the flower petals and the Cheetos, and said "I have Cheetos." in a hopeful voice.

Yes, I wanted food, how did you know? He took the Cheetos and started snaking on them. You know, I hate eating sticks every day., it gives my skull splinters and its a pain getting them out. Now for your part of the trade, you may choose one file to take a look at for a day. It can be classified, but not in the D,J,R,G sections and don't ask why.

Valentina shook her head. "Unacceptable," she spat, glaring daggers at the duskull, "How dare you try to claim even a single one of these files for yourself! They're ours, and ours only. We have a right to know what killed us, and what our circumstances were, and we have a right to make it to the afterlife!"

"Huh. Cool." Xonak said, reaching for the S cabinet. He took it and dashed down to the morgue. While he passed that Primarina Xonak quickly asked, "Can you get the others, and then come down to the morgue? Also, I think we need to hurry." He went into the morgue, hid the entire cabinet in one of the body-storer things, and waited for the others nervously.

Lily saw the Duskull and immediately her scales started to clank together. “ T-Those Are o-our files! Y-You don’t get t-to keep them..! “ She tried to sound brave, even though she knew it wasn’t working.

Unexceptional eh? Well I got news for you bud, you want to know who worked in this hospital? My father, as I would not just go to any Pokemon hospital. These files have the right to be mine, my father Professor Micah said once he past, I get the access to these files if I want. Now Lily if you were a human before and related to me than yes they would be yours, however, you have not common heritage with me so don't talk back. By the way, Duskulls can smell fear. Oh another thing, you can look through the D file now but... Reign takes one file marked "Important" covering the name of the Pokemon. You cant have this one.

"You horrible, selfish, entitled brat," Valentina spat, "How dare you even think about keeping these files from us, just because daddy said so! It doesn't matter what your father said, you still have no right to those files. They are ours, and not yours, and we need them to pass on to the afterlife. Are you that selfish, that spoiled, that utterly deplorable, that you're going to deny us the chance to move on, just because you want a load of files you have no use for?!"

Xonak peeked back into the room. "Ooh, Valentina throwin' shade." He said, opening the file. He flipped through the pages, and when he got to the Duskull part, slunk back into the depths of the morgue. Xonak hoped he could find something that would distract Reign, or something like that. He looked at the page, which read:

name: reign
species: duskull
shiny: yes
his backstory: there was once a kid named reign, (unusual name of the sorts) who was just a kid playing in the woods. reign loved to play in the woods while something was off about it. one dark, disturbing night, he played in the woods and was ripping the branches off trees to entertain himself. suddenly a trevenant was there, and it was angry. now the pokedex is wrong, it states that a trevenant would trap you in the forest forever if you ruined a tree, no. the trevenant attacked, viciously, trying to tear the kid apart. he managed to escape, finding a hospital in the middle of the woods. when he entered, there was a ghost pokemon there. he did not get a chance to see it, as it faded and said one thing: "i wish to play with you, wont you join me?" then everything turned black. he awoke, only his vision was impaired (or so he thought), he saw his own body on the floor, in blood, missing its eyes and expression. he then looked at his new host. "a shiny red robe?" he thought, then saw two bones on his back and recognized them. a mirror was near by, he looked at his reflection. he was a duskull.

"Hmm." Xonak thought. Maybe we could get a Trevenant up in here? "Hey! uhhhhhhh, Valentina? I think? can you come down here?" He politely yelled upstairs. Xonak wanted to hatch a plan, and he needed Flame Body.