• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Hospital (Creepy Ghost Pokemon RP)

(Wow, it's so refreshing to have something original on the forums!)

Name: Valentina

Species: Primarina

Backstory: Valentina belonged a circus, where she was made to perform, day in, day out. She often ended up horribly ill from fatigue, as a result, too ill even to care for her popplio son, Eridan, and he was taken away, and sold to another circus, where he later died. Upon her death, at the hands of the ringmaster, Valentina was taken to the hospital morgue, where her cause of death was ruled as overwork. She believes that if she can find her son's soul, they will both ascend to heaven together.

It was like stepping out of old clothes.

Valentina glanced down at herself, and suddenly, she was translucent. Her tail was passing through the door of the morgue's freezer, and her own body bag. The circus hadn't even bothered to claim her corpse, or give her a funeral.

She flew out of the morgue, her mind set on one thing, and one thing only; finding her son. Now that she too was dead, she could finally be with him again, if only they could go to heaven together. She could finally have the tiny bit of joy she'd had in her miserable life back.

Valentina cried out as she rattled through the hospital morgue. Eridan. Eridan. She had to find him.

"Eridan? Eridan? It's me, Mummy!"

Lily heard a voice. It seemed to be calling out to someone. It sounded distraught. She slowly and carefully exited the playroom. “ Hello? Is someone out there?” She called out, wondering if it was another spirit.

No answer. Not from Eridan, anyway.

Valentina continued on through the hospital. She passed into the 'rainbow room', as it was so delicately called. Where people could say their goodbyes to their dead pokemon.

"ERIDAN!"

Still nothing. Another voice came, but ot wasn't her son's.

She glanced in the direction of yet another lost soul. Her expression remained unchanged.

"Is there a popplio among you?" She asked, "I need to find my son!"

"Unfortunately, no." Xonak answered, letting his weird Rotom appendages hang down. Why the heck are there so many spirits here? "And we can't leave, either." He added. Xonak sighed. "I guess we'll have to just.... be here forever. Unless that Duskull guy eats five souls, or something."

Lily solemnly shook her head. “ I’m really sorry, Miss. There’s no Popplio here. But there’s got to be many spirits here. Maybe I could help you find him! “ She suggested.

"How? If there are no popplio, here, then he has to be somewhere else!" Valentina said frantically, "I have to find put where my circus sold him to! If he's anywhere, he'll probably be there!"

She frantically tore a chest of drawers open, each of them with post-mortem reports inside. There were several popplio in the post mortems, but none of them were her son.

Lily ran over to the Primarina and gently comforted her. “ You’ll find him. Some day you will. “ She didn’t know how to tell the mother that there was no known way to leave the hospital.

"I have to," she said resolutely, "He was the only joy I had, in my miserable existence, and they took him away from me! I have to find him. I have to find him, and then, we can go to heaven together..."

Though her muscles had ached, and she was constantly hoarse from being forced to sing all the time, she had still found the energy to love the little life she'd birthed. Eridan was meant to be raised to be a circus primarina, just like her, but seperation from his mother had driven to despair, and he'd died, crying for Valentina only Arceus knows where.

"Yes, it is. Arceus' kingdom of eternal rest for the dead," Valentina answered, "There's no pain, or suffering there."

Another idea popped into the primarina's head. "If you'll help me look for my son, then I'll help you find your way to heaven too," she offered, "Whichever reason why you're stuck here...I'll help you find it."

Lily’s eyes lit up st the prospect of no pain or suffering, but quickly became sad. “ Do I have to leave Cinder and Angline and Xonak when I go? “ She asked sadly. Lily did want to go to Heaven, but there were a few problems. One, she didn’t want to leave her new friends in this hospital. Two, she didn’t know how to get there.

Those names didn't sound familiar to Valentina. "I see...So there are other ghosts here," she said solemnly, "Not to worry. We can help them get to heaven as well," she promised. And she meant it. No lost soul deserved to spend eternity in such a miserable place.

Valentina nodded. "Absolutely. Since you are all bound here, the answer to why you couldn't pass on to the afterlife must be hidden somewhere in this hospital. So we can definitely find them all."

“ Yeah! That’s gotta be it! I’ll go tell my friends! “ Lily dashed back into the playroom, filled with happiness. “ My new friend said we can go to Heaven! “ She announced to them.

Valentina wordlessly followed, kicking with her tail, as if she were trying to swim through the air. By the looks of things, the hospital had been left alone for a long time; there was mould in the hallways, and toys in the playroom dating back at least twenty years.

Reign saw a new Pokemon, another one he had not heard of, it spoke of Heaven! Of course, he new himself that a Duskull cant enter Heaven. He was the Reaper Pokemon (which was why he craved spirits as a snack to enjoy) so because this talk about the holy was not meant for his hearing, he sat on his bed and just gnawed on a stick. (He believes eating vegan can stop the crave of souls)

[(btw there are guns that can effect ghosts, as well as food that ghost can eat even though they do not need it.)]

"Woah, Heaven? I've heard of that place!" Xonak said. Wait. I'm a ghost type. Can ghost types go to heaven? He thought. He shook his head, and looked over to the Primarina. "So. How do we get there?" He asked, before thinking if he really wanted to go to that Heaven place. He heard it's nice.

(We gettin' some Ghostbusters shiz up in here?)

/Reply: The ghost busters reference is a little bit overeating, as there is no magical light vacuums that can destroy ghosts in here. More less, I am referencing to like those anime's with special guns/ammo but you'll get the main point from there.

"/Reply:" If you have a question about someones comment. It does not do anything but it makes it more formal.
I may outlaw this if many hate this idea.

-Duskull Kid

(Wow it went super quiet there)

Last edited:
"The most obvious answer would be to find out why we couldn't pass on when we died," she replied, "And I know mine already. I couldn't leave this world without my son, and I know that his soul's out there, somewhere. Once I find him, I'll be at peace. Do the rest of you have any idea why you're still here?"

I am still here because I was shredded by a walking tree and finished by my own Pokemon. I am the Reaper Pokemon so it makes sense why I am still down here. He looks at the Jangmo-o and gets hungry, so he gnaws on a stick again.

""Well, uh, lets see here." Xonak said, thinking. "I was entrusted to a toddler for a Rotom Dex, but he broke me and I'm here now." He said. "So maybe i have to help him with becoming the Champion or something? I can't really leave though...." Xonak had no idea what he had to do to leave here. Maybe fill up the Pokedex? Eat some ice cream, as he always wanted to do? He doesn't know.

"That's a start, at least," Valentina began. Or at least, it was, compared to the jangmo-o, who seemed to not know, "But is that really why you couldn't leave? I'd have thought that, if anything, you'd still be here, because there's something that you desperately wanted. You, and not somebody else..."

Valentina floated over to a tatty whiteboard. "Try to think of it this way. My last thought before I died, was that I had to find my son. Do any of you remember your last thoughts?"

Xonak took a second to remember. He was really bad at remembering things, though. "It was probably something like... 'Man. Can't wait to get this whole spiel over with. I feel like ice cream.' and then, I'm pretty sure the kid threw a rock at me or something, and i broke." He said. Remembering was hard. Do I really even want to leave? He asked, once more. Well, I gotta. I think.

Last edited:
"I see...Well, this is something I can work with, at least," Valentina commented, glancing at the rotom and jangmo-o. Figuring theirs out was proving somewhat of a challenge for her, but she had promised to help. Heaven was their next destination, she'd see to it.

"So, you long for your trainer's approval," Valentina began, looking at the jangmo-o, "And you were killed when that toddler broke your pokedex. And it's probably been years since we died, judging by the condition of the building...Hm..."

She stood awhile, trying to think of a solution.

"Geez, i was killed? I forgot what it means to be killed." Xonak said, shaking his head. "Man, toddlers are relentless." He said, zapping into a toy robot and sitting down in a chair left within the dollhouse. "It's funny how ghost types can still be killed."

"Adults are no better," she added, taking note of the little plastic robot's appearance. The colour had faded, and the stickers making up its face had all but been torn off.

"That wicked ringmaster overworked me until I was so weak from exhaustion, that I could no longer swim," she complained, "He took my son away from me. And then, he continued overworking me until I died."

"Wow. That's... great." Xonak said, sarcastically. "So, uh, what exactly did you do. At the circus, I mean." He asked. "I don't see 'singing until you can't swim anymore." I wonder where that Vaporeon and that Gardevoir are....

"I was part of an act, along with two other primarina," she responded, "We sang, and performed synchronised swimming routines. The crowd used to love it, especially when I did my solo, near the end."

She continued working on her path to the afterlife, on her whiteboard. Her son's location was a mystery...One she had to solve fast.

Angeline walked out of the room and entered a dark room where she turned on the lights and there were files and files of the names of all the Pokemon that have died in the hospital Angeline knew this room for quite some time never thinking much of it until now sense Valentina was helping them the best she could do was try and find the Primarinas son

Judging from the sounds of footsteps, someone had left, and was heading down to the mortuary. That was evident from the clanging of the metal floor in the hospital's basement.

"Perhaps," she began, looking at the rotom, "You long for the child to atone for killing you. Though, he'd be a grown man by now."

"I'm not sure," Xonak replied. "I'm not really one to hold a grudge." Am I? He flashbacked to his early childhood.

Xonak was playing games on the family computer when his uncle came up behind him.
"Whatcha doin', pal?" His uncle asked, in a nice but sinister voice. To Xonak, at least.
"I-i'm........ playing games?" Xonak replied.
"Now, what do we know about video games?" His uncle seemed mad. Real mad.
"They.....they're fun?" Xonak asked.
"NO!" his uncle screeched, shoving Xonak off the chair.
"VIDEO GAMES ARE FROM THE DEVIL!" his uncle continued.
Xonak was kicked, slapped, punched until his parents came in and found his uncle abusing him. They literally had to tear his uncle off of him.
Since then, Xonak's uncle kept accusing him of worshipping the devil and nitpicked at everything he did.
In return, Xonak never wanted to see or hear from his uncle and hated that being with passion.

Xonak stifled a tear. "Nevermind. I think I do."

Angeline carefully looked through each file hoping for even just a clue to the whereabouts of Valentinas son

Angeline was about to lose hope until she found a locked cabinet when she tried to reach for it she got pushed back by some force "what could be in that cabinet" Angeline muttered but now that she thought of it she hasnt found her file or any of the other spirits files

"Alright, now that we've found out why you're still here," the primarina began, "We can start working on"--

And then a soft, tinny voice rang out through the hospital. It was only very faint, but the sound was unmistakable, to Valentina.

"Mummy...Mummy, where are you?"

Angeline rushed out of the room and instantly grabbed Valentinas arm when she reached them " there's a file cabinet downstairs that I can't open and I haven't found any of our files so they must be in that file cabinet" Angeline stated as she slowly released the Primarinas arm from her grasp

"You mean, the one in the morgue downstairs?" Valentina asked, upon seeing the strange gardevoir. She hadn't thought to try there, but if there was a chance that it had information on everyone's deaths, then it could lead her to her son...And everyone else to their conclusions.

"Well, it's worth a try," she suddenly said, "Everyone, down to the morgue. If we can find the files containing our obituary reports, then we might get a massive lead as to why we couldn't pass on."

Valentina was also sure that her son's soul was down there, somewhere. She'd heard him calling for her. And by Arceus, she was going to find him.

Angeline walked back down to the room only to find that the files she perfectly and neatly put back were everywhere "Who in the world did this" Angeline asked herself

Lily followed Angeline and the Primarina down to the room with all the files. Everything looked quite neat and tidy. “ Do you really think we can find our files? “ She asked out of curiosity.