• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Hospital (Creepy Ghost Pokemon RP)

In a Pokemon's hospital, a lot has happened. Some Pokemon could not make it through procedure. So this has to do with the Pokemon who died and who lived, guilt and sadness go here. If you feel bad here, I recommend to leave.

Rules: You can be a trainer and any Pokemon that is not a legend. Shines are allowed along with gore stories. Bad language, if its allowed on the whole general site than go right on ahead.
Sexual References are not allowed.

Format:

Name:
Species: (Pokemon Only)
Pokemon: (Trainers Only)
Backstory:

Name: Reign
Species: Duskull
Shiny: Yes
My Backstory: There was once a kid named Reign, (Unusual name of the sorts) who was just a kid playing in the woods. Reign loved to play in the woods while something was off about it. One dark, disturbing night, he played in the woods and was ripping the branches off trees to entertain himself. Suddenly a Trevenant was there, and it was angry. Now the pokedex is wrong, it states that a Trevenant would trap you in the forest forever if you ruined a tree, no. The Trevenant attacked, viciously, trying to tear the kid apart. He managed to escape, finding a hospital in the middle of the woods. When he entered, there was a ghost Pokemon there. He did not get a chance to see it, as it faded and said one thing: "I wish to play with you, wont you join me?" Then everything turned black. He awoke, only his vision was impaired (or so he thought), he saw his own body on the floor, in blood, missing its eyes and expression. He then looked at his new host. "A shiny red robe?" he thought, then saw two bones on his back and recognized them. A mirror was near by, he looked at his reflection. He was a Duskull.

Last edited:
Name: Angeline
Shiny:Gardevoir
Backstory: Angeline was a beautiful shiny Gardevoir who was beloved by her trainer and in return Angeline loved her female trainer back they lived a wonderful life that was until after winning one of the Pokemon Leagues and her trainer becoming champion Angeline grew ill the doctor said she came down with a sickness that could not be cured and before she went to her forever sleep she took one last glance at her trainer and smiled,Angeline thought she would be in eternal peace afterwards but boy was she wrong

Name:Moon
Species:Umbreon
Shiny:Umbreon
Backstory: Moon was quite an average shiny Pokemon, preferring to hop from trainer to trainer. Moon eventually became free, and began to watch over the hospital. During an outbreak, Moon was forced to help the patients. Moon came down with the sickness and died, however Moon's blood later helped the outbreak be cured. In the afterlife, Moon pleaded to return to the Pokemon world to continue guarding. He was accepted, and now watches over the Hospital.

Angeline walked around the hospital as a spirit and looked at everything with a sad expression oh how dearly she missed her trainer,her trainer meant everything to her she would sometimes visit her but her trainer could never see her

Name: Cinder
Species: Vulpix
Backstory: Cinder was fiery and determined, always full of energy, sass and persistence. She was born in the wild along with her sister, Asha, whom she shared close bonds with. When Cinder was three moons old, she was out practicing her control over her fire by the stream. Her mother was out hunting, while her sister was nearby, picking the berries that grew on the bushes surrounding their den. A wild Mightyena suddenly attacked, leaving Cinder with severe injuries. Asha heard her cries and knew she was in danger, taking her to the old hospital that lay just outside of the woods in a desperate attempt to save her. For the first couple of days, things were looking hopeful -- but that all changed when her wounds became infected. In the end, Cinder passed away, becoming a ghost wandering the hospital.

Cinder opened her eyes slowly to be met with darkness. For a moment, she wondered if she had woken up at all in the first place. Everything was so dark, it was as if her eyes were still closed. As the seconds passed, though, the world around her began to shift into focus as her eyes adjusted to the lack of light. Oh, right, I'm still in that hospital place. Why is it so dark? She yawned, rubbing at her face with her paws. Her limbs ached from remaining still for so long, and she decided to get up and move around a bit. Her sister always insisted she stay in bed, arguing she was still injured, but she couldn't stand the feeling of being cooped up all the time. However, as she carefully climbed out of the bed, she realized something different. Her wound didn't hurt, not even slightly. Last time she had tried to get up, it had sent a searing pain down her back. She figured she was still just as injured, but apparently, that had been one good rest -- either that, or some sort of miracle worker had magically healed her in her sleep. When she peered over her shoulder to try and observe the wounds on her side, she was shocked to see that they had indeed healed. All that remained were a few old scars. What in the world? She felt tempted to squeal with joy. They had said it was highly unlikely she would be able to make a full recovery, but clearly, they were wrong.

"Asha!" She called out, unable to contain the excitement in her voice. "Asha, it's a miracle! I--" She paused, her voice echoing off of the walls of the darkened room. Usually, Asha would stay in the room with her, remaining by her bedside to keep her company and watch over her to make sure she was doing fine. The only times she wasn't with her was when she had returned to the den to sleep and eat, and occasionally bring her treats and gifts. I guess she'll return soon, she figured, shrugging and doing some stretches on the floor.

However, the longer she waited, the more worried she became. At some point, she fell asleep again, until it had been at least a full day and there was still no sign of her sister. Maybe I'll go out to look for her myself... Cinder drew in a quiet breath, trying to shake off the looming shadow of dread as she made her way into the main hallway of the hospital. She was relieved to find that the lights were on there, grateful she would be able to see properly, but the sense of dread still clung to her as she walked. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a shiny Gardevoir wandering the hospital, and decided to try asking if she could help her out. "Hello, um... sorry to bother you, but did you happen to see another Vulpix around here? She looks like me, but bigger. She's my sister. I need to tell her that my wound healed so I can finally go back home!" Cinder flashed her a shy smile, unaware that the Gardevoir in question was a spirit, and that she herself was now but a mere spirit as well.

Angeline bent down and looked at the tiny Vulpix "Oh you poor dear I'm afraid I can' help you but if you would follow me"Angeline said in a kind voice and walked to a room with a huge window filled with chairs and sat in one of the chairs and then motioned for Cinder to sit next to her

Cinder blinked up at the Gardevoir, following her into the room. She didn't remember ever seeing that room before, but didn't question it, leaping up onto the chair next to the one that the Gardevoir was sitting on.
"Why'd you take me here?" She asked, cocking her head slightly in confusion.

"Well little darling you might need to sit down for these news" Angeline said in a soft voice "Vulpix darling you are a spirit now love..." Angeline stated in a sad voice as she folded her hands together while she looked at Cinder with sad eyes

OOC:

Name:
Switz
Species: Vaporeon
Backstory: Switz had hatched in a barn; as a wee Eevee. He spent most of his life with Stoutland laying by the sun, Herdiers yapping at Miltank and Tauros, and teaching young Lillipup how to herd the cattle, and protect the farmlands, and the breeders which nestled in the area as well. He and the other Eevee would spend time at the nearby daycare, returning back to the farm before night. However, thanks to a measly slip-up, Switz had lagged behind the other Eevee and gotten lost; finding himself far from home. He had gotten himself lost somewhere in the wild- and he had gotten used to this area quickly. But, as luck fades, he was caught by a trainer, but his luck rose when the trainer was in fact very kind. The two bonded over the two years they shared together, and eventually, their challenges rose in difficulty: until it was a danger for the young Eevee- causing him to injure himself on a mountain climbing trip. One of the hospital's solutions to his grave injuries was the use of a new medicine invented, which used the power of a Water Stone to heal and mend injuries. The effect of the Water Stone used, thus why he evolved, but none of his wounds were patched, and Switz eventually died- from blood loss and an infected wound. His trainer had decided to quit being a trainer and devoted themselves to work at the hospital; ends up they had previous medical experience.

IC:

Switz rose from his hospital bed, his eyes weary. His blue fur had become a pastel and see-through tint, one to match with the white and ivory aesthetic the hospital held itself onto. He groaned, letting himself slip off and onto the floor, his blue paws making a sleek and swift landing. Cocking his head to the side, Switz looked down at his paws. Aren't I an Eevee? he thought to himself, glaring at his own sleek, and slim paws- seemed perfect for swimming, although not webbed. He took another step, lighter than usual, before noticing the absence of his pain- it had all vanished, and blood did not trickle from his sides, the smell and taste of the crimson and metallic liquid had gone. After a gradual thought process, he skimmed past the idea of death- and settled on the thought that he was ready to see his trainer again. Sudden uncontrolled joy seemed to pump through him, new adrenaline and power. With a grin, he trodded out of the room, his now-violet eyes scrutinizing the hallways before him. Why wasn't anyone here to pick him up and bring him back home? His excitement faded and was replaced with disdain and disappointment. He turned his heels, to take another breath and look around. No, nobody has forgotten. I'm just up early. he didn't move this time, budged into the spot he sat. Someone has to find me.

Angeline stood up from the chair she was sitting on and walked around the hospital until she came to a room that was way too familiar to her sense this was the room that her trainer last saw her laying in bed helpless on the verge of the end Angeline clearly remembered her trainer yelling her head off at the doctors that if the didn' do anything that she would personally turn them into ash at that thought Angeline giggled then smiled thinking about her beautiful trainer who's smile was always so bright and her blue eyes they showed so much happiness, courage and above all determination and her long silver hair that would shine in the moonlight,Angeline tried not to cry at the thought of her beloved trainer

"A... a spirit?" Cinder echoed, dumbfounded. "What do you mean?"

But by then, the Gardevoir had left. Cinder stared down at her paws, only then realizing how the once bright, chestnut brown of her fur had faded to a dull, grayish-beige. She started to feel dizzy and lightheaded, jumping off the chair before she could fall off of it against her own accord. I'm... dead? Her breath hitched at the realization. It all made sense; how else would her wounds have healed practically overnight? Tears formed in her eyes as a flurry of emotions washed over her, like the tide dragging her down under the water. She couldn't breathe, and it felt like she was drowning. But what about Asha? What about Mom? How do I get out of here? Can I even get out of here? Am I...
"Am I stuck here?" Cinder choked, hastily dashing out of the room and down the hallway. Her heart was pounding wildly in her chest and she was running so fast that her paws nearly slipped out from under her multiple times, but still she kept running, until she reached the front entrance of the hospital. She was about to stop for a moment to catch her breath, before realizing she hadn't grown tired at all. A perk of being a ghost? She laughed humourlessly, and attempted to slip through the front door. For a moment, her body phased through it, and her eyes widened with a flash of hope. But as she tried to escape past her torso, she was held back, as if bound by some invisible chain. She stared out at the world in front of her, the outdoors lying just out of reach, taunting her.

"Asha? Mom?" Cinder cried out in desperation, knowing deep down that it was futile but denying it nonetheless. "Please, I'm still here! Don't... don't just leave me here..." she broke out into sobs, her legs giving out as she collapsed to the floor. Is this it?

(OOC: I'm assuming that the ghosts here are sort of bound to the hospital and can't escape? Sorry if I'm wrong)

Name: Lillian
Species: Jangmo-o
Backstory: Lillian, whose nickname is Lily, lived with a trainer since she was hatched from an egg. She and her trainer never lost a challenge, and she grew quite powerful for such a young pokemon. One fateful day, they were challenged by an experienced trainer and their Talonflame. Lily put up an admirable fight, but eventually lost. Her trainer was furious with her, ordering their other pokemon to mercilessly attack her. She was left barely alive, but managed to drag herself to a nearby hospital, where she later died.

Lillian drowsily woke up in her hospital bed and quickly noticed something was wrong. Her scales were a silvery transparent color, and she noticed she didn’t have to breathe. She slowly climbed off her bed, and realized she didn’t move the sheets once as she did? Wait, what happened? ....The Talonflame.....my trainer....the other pokemon......pain.... Lily gasped. “ I’m a ghost!! No no no no no no! I.....don’t want this! I want my trainer! “ Lily cried. She ran throughout the halls of the hospital, with the fantasy that she would be able to escape this horrible dream.
Eventually, she gave up, collapsing on the floor, and crying in distress.

The Vaporeon had heard wails from where he sat. He had stared at his paws, the way they would occasionally seep through the flooring and float up at times. He turned to his tail; which was no longer a fluffy, brown one of an Eevee, but the chilling aspect was the clearness and watery fatigue they had. With a sigh, he stretched his paws- but he wasn't tired, anyhow. His paw-steps would've been light and echoed only lightly, but no sound came as he took another paw forward, and another. His pastel-blue fur was a beautiful complement to the hospital, the pale body lingering through corridors and etching past walls seamlessly. The cries grew louder; closer until he had eyed a Jangmo-o, sobbing in the corridor.
Are they alive? he thought to himself, before noticing that, like himself, the other was see-through, like a shard of glass. Switz ebbed closer, though never reaching a proximity too close.
"Hello?" Switz spoke, realizing his voice seemed to echo- but in an unearthly way, like what he said was soundless- but got his message across. It was so different from his chirps and barks, his excitement to see his trainer after a long day..

Lily froze when she heard the voice. Had they seen her? Perhaps she shouldn’t have been so loud. “ W-who’s there? “ She tentatively replied. She looked up to see a Vaporeon, who looked translucent, just like her. Were they a spirit too?

Angeline collapsed on the floor outside of the room she died and started to cry her tears slid down her face as her hands were placed on the ground she honestly didn't know what to do anymore

Cinder eventually pulled herself up from the floor, taking in a deep breath and trying to get herself together. She sniffled, realizing with dry amusement that her tears fell to the floor and lingered for a second before slipping right through it. The Vulpix turned around, seeing two other figures farther down the hallway. "Well, if I'm going to be trapped here for eternity, I might as well make some friends..." Cinder mumbled grimly to herself, and tentatively walked back through the foreboding corridor to meet them. As she grew closer, she noticed that they were both translucent, having lost most of their original colours. If they're spirits too, and that Gardevoir from before is a spirit, then... how many other spirits are there? She wondered. Just how many other dead Pokemon were cursed to wander the hospital, unable to rest in peace?

Lily looked past the strange Vaporeon to see a Vulpix, with the same translucent colors. She was cowering now. Ever since her trainer ordered the others to hurt her, she’s never felt comfortable around others. How long has it been since that has happened?

Angeline stood back up knowingn that she couldn't do anything now besides helping the younger pokemon spirits like that Vulpix from earlier so Angeline gracefully walked around the hospital and stood behind the Vulpix and smiled seeing that she was with other pokemon

Cinder saw how the Jangmo-o had begun to cower when she had noticed her, and she shied away nervously. "H-hey," she said, and couldn't help but feel somewhat frustrated by how soft and weak her own voice sounded. Usually, she was a lot more confident than this. She cleared her throat, trying to brush away the underlying feeling of anxiety. "I'm not going to hurt you. Honestly, I don't even know if I can hurt you. Can a ghost hurt a ghost?" Although she was half-joking, she began to genuinely wonder if it could happen. Cinder was snapped out of her thoughts when her ears swiveled back slightly, detecting Angeline's presence behind her somehow despite the lack of the sound of footsteps.
"Oh, it's you!" She recognized the Gardevoir instantly upon turning around. "Wait, who are you, anyway?" Cinder asked out of curiosity, since she had never gotten her name the last time they had met.

Angeline smiled at the young Vulpix "Im Angeline and i am here to help you young spirits figure out what your gonna do" she said while introducing herself she then took a good look and noticed the two other Pokemons and smiled at them she then kept her attention on Cinder "Cinder you are so young why are you a spirit already" Angeline asked full of curiosity

Reign knew what had happened and had been frustrated, seeing all of these strange souls around this hospital made him feel emotionless. A Vulpix, Garvador, Vaporon, Umbreon, and another Pokemon soul known as something he has not heard of before: A Jangmo-o. He did not care though, as they were the lucky ones that kept their forms, a human on the other hand turns into a Pokemon during death. He did not have a feeling for his death or these strange Pokemon. He only had one question: What finished his death, and what lingers these god forsaken Pokemon into this one abandoned hospital? He chose hospital room 354 as it was the pokedex number for him so Wynaut? He tried to chuckle at his little joke, but death was not something to laugh about.

[(And yes Pokemon are bound to the hospital, thank you for viewing this role play everyone, I was not expecting it to go like this this fast.)]

Last edited:
Lilly looked around once again to see who else was there. They all seemed to be ghosts. “ A-Are you g-guys ghosts...?” She asked slowly, not meaning to anger anyone.

Switz shrugged. "I guess we all are," he sighed, his eyes wandering throughout the hospital; into the rooms and the hospital beds. He could spot a Duskull; Pokémon that were truly Ghost-Type are somewhat corporeal, right? He didn't give it too much thought and curled his icy blue tail around his paws. After giving the room another look, he spoke again. "How do you suppose we get out?"

Lily shakily shook her head. She didn’t think there was a way out. As she was running through the halls she tried to use a door, but it seemed to shove her back into the hospital.

Reign saw the door the Pokemon were trying to exit and simply thought "freedom." He moves around the Pokemon and tries to exit. First of it did not work, felt like getting pulled back by a chain. Next a voice said something to him, like the voice he heard before he died. It said "Trying to leave so soon are we, but you have not eaten anything since you got here. How about a nice tasty Pokemon soul? You are the reaper Pokemon you know." Reign then felt hungry as ever, his eye glowed to a blood red. "How about the fox?" He than looked at Cinder, and said one thing: "I'm hungry..." then bolted at Cinder.

Angeline watched sadly as the Pokemon tried to escape she couldn't watch it anymore sense it broke her heart so she walked to a room in the hospital where she first talked to the Vulpix and sat down in a chair and looked out the giant window that always teased her showing her the view from outside and every time she saw what was outside this horrible place she would always remember her trainer

Switz flinched, staring at the scene. He shifted his paws; the Gardevoir lightly floating away, to another room- but he spurred himself into action, tackling himself at the Duskull, thrashing about wildly. He was unsure if any action he took would work; but attempted nonetheless, standing before Cinder, adrenaline coursing through him. What's this thing doing? he thought that they were all friends, right?

Angeline heard commotion going on "I can't even die peacefully" she mutteed to herself as she walked to the previous place she was in and saw a Vaporeon tackling a Duskull so she walked closer to them she then knelt down and calmly said "Stop fighting we need to learn to get along sense were bound here for a long time" she then smiled kindly at them the same kind smile her trainer would always give to her

Cinder flinched back as she realized that the Duskull was aiming for her. She couldn't move, paralyzed by shock and fear. What is it doing? Why is it attacking me? As the vicious ghost Pokemon grew ever closer, she squeezed her eyes shut tight, briefly wondering what would happen; she was already a ghost, after all. Could she die a second time? After a few moments, Cinder dared to open her eyes, confused. She saw that the Vaporeon had tackled the Duskull, and her eyes grew wide. It appeared that her question had been answered: ghosts could hurt ghosts, and it had left her feeling more terrified than ever.

Angeline the looked at the scared Vulpix so she stood back up and keeled right next to the Vulpix the softly placed her hand on the side of the young Vulpix's cheek "nobody can hurt you while I'm here so don't be scared" Angeline said it in a way a mother would to their child, ever sense she could remember Angeline had always been a mother figure for the rest of her trainers team which made her feel happy

Lily saw as the Vaporeon attack the new Duskull and bolted to her feet. She started to have flashbacks of her past life. She remembered how her beloved trainer looked at her with hatred. How the others attacked her without remorse.
She grew angry. “ Enough fighting! “ Lily shouted with tears streaming down her face.

Switz stepped back from the Duskull, both the Gardevoir and Jangmo-o were tired of fighting. He paced back, not meeting eyes with the Duskull. "I didn't want him to kill her," he looked back at Cinder the Vulpix, then at the others. "But, even if he didn't try to- we would've found out that we can hurt each other now- in the afterlife- eventually, right?"

Cinder felt Angeline's hand against her cheek, shivering slightly at the contact. She realized how used she had already gotten to being a ghost, and it was so weird to be able to feel physical contact. Despite the odd sensation, it also brought her a sense of comfort. She subconsciously shifted closer to the Gardevoir, seeking protection as she was made aware of the horrifying new prospect of being able to get injured even past the initial point of death.
"Can ghosts die?" She asked quietly. The question lingered in her mind, filling her with the burning need to hear the answer. She could only hope that she wouldn't have to learn the answer the hard way.

Angeline felt Cinder shift closer so the she hugged the little Vulpix to give her comfort "No dear ghosts can't die" Angeline said in a reassuring voice as she stood up and carried Cinder, Angeline felt much more better if she had other pokemon for her to treat as baby's sense she liked behnd the motherly figure in their life err um afterlife,she then had a sudden feeling in her heart that she had to protect Cinder no matter what

Lily was surprised that her outburst quite the attack. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. “ I...I don’t know what being a-a ghost means..... But I just want my trainer! I-I didn’t mean to lose! I’m sorry! I just want my mama! “ Lily sobbed.
Back when she was with her trainer, there was a Dragonair on the team. She acted as Lily’s mother, and the only pokemon that didn’t hurt her.

Angeline saw the jangmo-o crying so she carefully set Cinder back on the ground the walked over to the Jangmo-o and wiped away her tears "shh don't cry nobody is gonna hurt you" Angeline said in a soothing voice a trick she picked up when her trainers baby Hondour would always cry "I know I can't replace Your mother but I'm gonna try to make sure you feel comfortable and safe here" she said as she looked in Lily's eyes with her crimson red ones

Lily flinched when the Gardevoir touched her. “ I-I’m sorry...... “ She said shamefully. She didn’t want pokemon to see her like this. She was taught that it was a sign of weakness.

Angeline frowned when Lily apologized "Don't apologize it's not your fault" Angeline said she then smiled warmly trying her best to comfort the young pokemon in front of her Angeline then softly placed her blue hand on one of Lily's cheeks the same way she did with Cinder

Lily flinched again. She only ever got this type of attention from Mama. She wondered if she should try and be brave. “ I-I’m Lillian......B-But you guys c-can call me...Lily....” She said quietly.

"Hello Lily I'm Angeline but most of my friends called me Angel but if you find a nickname that you prefer to call me then go for it" the shiny Gardevoir said as she placed her hands on Lily's head and softly petted her