• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Adventure

Gabe thought quickly. "I don't know his moves, so I can't really do anything, it needs to do it." Gabe sighed. Clingy shot a Mud Slap towards the mouth of the Pyroar, then started to run towards the Pyroar with Scratch.

Last edited:
Sam knew this was not good. A bug-type learning Mud Shot? Well, there was no switching out, so there was no way to counter it. "Now, how would I deal with a situation like this again? Oh yeah!" Sam grabbed his notepad and flipped through the pages. It was a bunch of boring math stuff, when finally he reached what he wanted to see.
If you're facing an opponent who has a clear advantage, without switching out, use a normal-type move to counter the attack that was apparently super effective. Moves like Sing, Protect, or any other move to stall the opponent's Pokemon would be ideal.
Now he knew. "Pyroar, Take Down, go!" Pyroar ran at the approaching Nincada, and blasted through its Scratch, knocking it to the wall. "Attaboy, Pyroar!"

"People say that some of the most scariest things can be found right under your nose. I disagree with that, I think that the some of the most scariest things are the things you can't see.....turn around. I've learnt that fear can be a good motivator and a good teacher. It can also protect you from harm, but sometimes it can be your downfall. It's a very powerful feeling. Being brave can be good, but there are times you have to step down from your high horse. Reaper! You know what to do!" The Gengar behind quickly blasted a weak Shadow Ball into the backs of the Pokemon and the Trainer. Karrid watched as his only visible eye, his baby bright blue eye, glowed brighter and brighter in anticipating of a battle.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker and Admiral recoiled from a sudden blast. Parker collapsed to the ground and after a second Admiral helped him stand back up. "I'll have you know I didn't much care for that, dirty tricks and tactics. People like you make me sick and so I'm going to give this battle everything I have, me and my Pokémon, we will make you pay! Admiral, full power surf make sure you flood the whole place!"

"Oh I know that you care for things like that, but when you primarily use Ghost types you learn to be sneaky like one. By the way, how would you like it paid? Cash or debit? I have Visa as well." Karrid smiled though it could be seen from underneath his hood. He simply stood back and waited for the time when he had to jump in. The Gengar used a Phantom Force disappeared instantly to avoid the Surf. Curiously, Karrid started to float off the ground with his hands behind his back to avoid getting wet as well.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Using phantom force to avoid surf, pretty good. However my intention wasn't to hit you, THIS ARENA IS NOW FLOODED AND ADMIRAL HAS FREE REIGN TO DO WHAT HE PLEASES HERE! Admiral dive into the water now!"

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Kyle had be in many weird situations but this one probably hits the top. The only people he met were Gabe and Parker. He had tried to meet Sam and Max but they either ignored him or were to into the battle. Now again I'm the only one with no traveling buddies he thought. "Welp if I can't get noticed here let's go to the first gym." Kyle said happily and sadly. Treecko looked at him smiled. "Well at least I have you and Snivy to travel with" Kyle said while walking the pokemon center. When he got inside he picked up his backpack and note pad. Then he walked outside and looked at the battle field one last time. "I hope to see you guys soon enough." Kyle said excitedly. Then Kyle smiled at treecko and set off for the first gym.

"I must say that using Surf to set up the battlefield impressed me, I'll give you that. Unfortunately for you Reaper and I have run into things like this before in our many ventures together." Karrid was obviously very confident in Reaper. After Karrid spoke, Reaper plunged into the water and used Curse. The Curse, instead of disappear like it normally would on land, spread throughout the water taking it over. "Your underwater kingdom was violently taken over. Now it's my terrain to rule over. What's your next move?"

The Recoil struck the Pyroar. Clingy got up, and was having a hard time standing. "Clingy, are you Ok?" Gabe asked worried. Clingy Nodded. "Alright, use Mud Slap!" Clingy used Mind Reader, and read what the Pyroar is planning to do, and kept using it, whilst it launched some more mud aimed at the eyes of the Pyroar, approaching at high speeds.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Jeez, who knew curse could spread through water like that? This isn't over though, Admiral use whirlpool and get rid of this cursed water!" An enormous whirlpool of black and purple water whipped up and dispersed throughout the forest. "Now follow it up with a Metal Claw aimed straight at the ground!" Admiral's fins turned metallic and struck the ground with incredible force, a huge cloud of dirt was formed around the battlefield blinding the enemy. "Finally use hydro cannon, sweep it across the whole battlefield while Gengar is still blinded!" There was no way that Gengar could avoid this, he still couldn't see and the hydro cannon was hitting everywhere at once!

((I'm so behind oh my goodness. I'm just gonna like.. catch up to what's going on.))

Leaving all the other trainers at the Pokémon center and battle arena, Robby headed for the pokemart. A small gust of wind came from inside as the sliding doors opened up, shelves of items lined the walls and aisles. "So what do we need, Gem? Pokeballs? Potions?" The Sableye lept from his shoulder onto the floor, exploring the aisles. "Gem, see what you can find that you might think the team needs. I'll pick up some medicine."

Grabbing a small basket, he went down the medicine aisle picking up a little bit of everything; potions, awakenings, burn heals, etc. He had to make sure he could assist his team in any way possible. "Gem come on!" He announced as he made his way to the counter. Paying for his purchases, he put the items in his bag and headed out to the rest of the city.

Sam luckily had his notepad out this time.
If you end up with a Pokemon that knows Mind Reader, you should not worry. Each one of your party members knows a move that can counter a Mind Reader: And that's none other than you. Do something that even a Mind Reader can't for see. Be unpredictable.
"Unpredictable" echoed through his head. What could be so unpredictable that a Mind Reader can't for see? Then he had it. If Clingy can use two moves, so can I. "Pyroar, use Noble Roar!" Pyroar let out a loud lion's roar, which lowered Clingy's Attack and Special Attack. "Now, use Take Down!" of course, Sam didn't use Noble Roar to lower Clingy's Attack and Special Attack. He did it to make him look awesome before he took out Clingy with Take Down. That was the unpredictable part. Pyroar was of course, damaged by the recoil, but he didn't care. If Pyroar was knocked out by Gabe's next Pokemon, he'd have backup.

Max was watching the battle in awe, Charmy noticed the trainer with the two grass types and how they began to walk away"Eevee-eve!"the loud cry from his pokemon alerted Max"huh, Charmy,what are you doing"Charmy jumped out of Max's hands and started walking towards Kyle"eevee"her ears drooped"uh,sorry about that"Max saw the sad look on his face "hey,are you ok,you look like your feeling down"Max said worried

Karrid underestimated his opponent, something he did way too often which usually was his downfall. However, after resent events, he learnt that overconfidence and underestimation can bring you failure, no matter how good you are. Even with the knowledge that Reaper, even now, could easily take care of himself; Karrid was beginning to feel anxiety. "No matter, I always have other tricks in my belt." he thought reassuringly. "Reaper! Put your back into it! Follow my voice!" Karrid shouted hoping that the Gengar would be able to withstand a blow of that power. As the cloud of dirt settled and the Hydro Pumps ceased, there Reaper stood with his back to Karrid, the opposing Trainer, and Admiral. Completely unscathed except for a few drips of water on the spiky hair on his back. "See that Parker? Those spikes are not as soft as the usual Gengar spikes should. In fact, they're sharp enough to slice a Geodude like butter. I've trained Reaper to use them as a weapon but primarily a defense. Confused yet?"

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker was about to lose it, strategy and combos were his biggest asset, but when they didn't go to plan his mind went blank and he usually panicked. He knew there was no way for someone to avoid that, but to think a Gengar used his back as a shield was something that would never in a million years cross his mind. "I h-had no idea y-you could use them l-like that..." Parker was stumbling over his words and his breathing was off pace. "B-But we'll find a way to w-win, I k-know it!" ... Parker had no idea what to do, he hoped that a bluff would throw his opponent off, but with how shaky his voice was there was no way it would work. "Admiral use whirlpool on the ground and launch yourself into the air!" Nobody would ever expect an Empoleon to attack from the air. "Now used metal claw and spin downwards, dig yourself into the ground!" However the one thing people would expect even less was for an Empoleon to attack from underground. "Now used whirlpool again and create a skinhole!"

"Normally, you can't use a Gengar's back as a shield. It's naturally too soft and basically like hair. He's special. I'm pretty sure you have heard of "mutations"? You know, large changes inside the base of DNA or the DNA itself of an organism? This is a mutation. Reaper! Just follow your instincts for this one." Karrid still levitated off the muddy ground. He was so caught up in the battle that he forgot that he was still floating at all! Reaper used Phantom Force again and dove into the sinkhole. A few moments later, he returned with the Empoleon locked in a heavy battle trading Metal Claws and Shadow Claws.
(Nice name for the Empoleon by the way)

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
(OOC -Thanks! I use military or ancient warrior names for most of my Pokémon because I use mainly steel types)

This is something Parker knew Admiral couldn't lose in, all but 1 of his Pokémon were heavily trained in close combat. It was honestly a spectacle to watch, two Pokémon clashing up close like this, sparks were flying off of Admiral's fins but Admiral wasn't directly hit by a single attack! If it weren't for his attacks slipping through Gengar's body Admiral would have gotten quite a few solid hits in. "You're Gengar is strong, and that mutation is incredible, but in an up-close battle my Pokémon can't lose! Admiral harden your claws even more, aim for Gengar's face!"

"This is where being a Ghost comes in handy." At that moment, Reaper used Phantom Force once again, disappearing from the battlefield. "Wait for it.....wait for it.....and...now!" Reaper appeared over Admiral, back to the ground, and started to fall. Before he landed on the Empoleon impaling it, Karrid shouted out. "Reaper stand down!" The Gengar obediently used Teleport and appeared at his master's side. Karrid remembered himself and gently lowered himself back to the ground.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"A-Admiral... return." Parker held out his hand and the Empoleon retreated into the ball with a flash of red light. Admiral had never before been defeated in a 1-on-1 match, especially not one where he fought up-close. "The wound didn't look massively serious, but i'm playing it safe because Admiral is the best friend I've ever had. I won't forgive you for that, I refuse to back down from this fight. Y-You said you hated fairy types, right? In that case, come out Private!" Another flash of red followed by a bright pink light and a soft jingling. This Klefki was Parker's newest addition to his team, but it was arguably his strongest. "You might think that because Gengar is a half poison type that fairy's wouldn't be a problem for him, but how will you do against a fairy that that completely resists poison?"

Karrid pondered on what he should do. "Okay, Reaper take a rest. Sit down for a while." Just like before, instead of pulling out a Dusk ball, Karrid just stood there and Reaper plopped himself down on the ground and closed his eyes. NOW, Karrid reached to his belt and pulled out a Dusk ball. "Final Flicker! Aid me in my conquests!" Throwing the Dusk ball, a Chandelure revealed itself already powering up a Flame Burst. "This is Final Flicker, my Chandelure. Yes, he's still a Ghost type but he's also undoubtedly a Fire type."

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Ugh, had to have a fire type... doesn't matter! Klefki is by far the strongest Pokémon I own and we have an ace move just for this!" Klefki jingled it's keys trying to intimidate the Chandelure. "Okay Private, calm mind, and follow it up with the brightest dazzling gleam you've got!" Klefki focused itself and sat still for just a second, then in an instant it seemed to teleport right in front of Chandelure. Parker turned around and covered his eyes with his arms while moving his over shirt to cover his face. The light was more than twice the brightness of a flashbang, Parker whipped around to see Chandelure wincing. "See that, just like how your Gengar is special, so is my Klefki! It can travel at roughly 10x the speed of a supersonic jet!"

(OOC -Ignore all of the scientific problems with something traveling 10x the speed of a supersonic jet lol)

"Or...it knows the move Teleport. Final Flicker use Minimize!" Karrid always hated having to shout out directions considering that the other Trainer could hear you and find a counter to what you just told your Pokemon to do. Obeydeintly the Chandelure used Minimize. "Now use Will O' Wisp!"

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"I can personally gaurantee Private doesn't know teleport, all of it's move slots are filled up! It's a real special Pokémon! Private avoid the will o' wisp and use calm mind again!" Klefki blinked out of the way of the small purple flame and sat still for a second again, focusing on raising it's special stats. "Now use 'IT'!" Klefki blinked to the side of Chandelure and released a small white ring from itself, after a moment the ring turned into a ring of water and blasted into Chandelure.

JPSomeone

"Alright if you really must know, I'm leaving to get a head start on the first gym." Kyle said looking at the ground. Treecko as it being the happy tried to cheer me up. "Treecko you know I'm not scared of traveling alone, you know I just wanted to travel with people for once." Kyle said getting sadder and sadder. He started to look at Max and his eevee. "Well at least I know you all are my friends and you care for me" Kyle said great fully.

Max smiled"yep,friends help friends,and you don't have to travel alone,I could go with you,I was planning on going with Gabe and Sam but that's gonna be awhile,and we'll probably meet up again later,and besides it not safe to travel alone"Max said assuming that this was the right thing to do

JPSomeone

"Wait if your sure you want to travel with me get your stuff from the pokemon center. We're gonna be walking to the forest down there which looks like a ten minute walk. I'll wait here for you while you get your stuff." Kyle said happily. He put down his bag and got out a blue-green with orange stripes scarf. Then he also put treecko down and put the scarf on him. "Treecko we're not going on a journey alone for once." Kyle said with a smile.

"Treecko tree!" Treecko said excitedly. Kyle also pulled out a bag of trial mix to share with treecko. He could tell when Treecko was hungry. Kyle was pretty hungry when both the battles started so the snack was just what they needed.

Kyle looked at Max. "Would you like a bag of trial mix to share with eevee?" Kyle asked Max before he made his decision. He also dug around in his bag for something else. "Aha! I heard how you and your eevee wanted it to evolve into a sylveon so give eevee this affection ribbon and train it hard then it will become a sylveon." Kyle said as he hand him the ribbon. "Anyways sorry for distracting you, what's your final decision?" Kyle asked Max.

Last edited:
"well first off,all my stuff is in my backpack,and second off I would like some trail mix,but I have homemade pokefood for Charmy and if your Pokemon would like any I can share,my cousin made them, he's a chef"max was ready to leave but he wanted Kyle to take the lead , Charmy hopped on Max's shoulder"hehe,Charmy doesn't have a pokeball so she just sits on my shoulder most of the time"Max smiled

JPSomeone

"Wow looks like your really prepared, just so you know I am not one of those natural born leader type of person." Kyle said. He just wanted to impress other people. "And just wow eevee doesn't have a pokeball? Isn't that risky if someone accidentally threw a pokeball at it, treecko has a pokeball but he doesn't like it so I let stay with me." Kyle explained. I don't know if this is going well or not but we should get going and I still don't know if he wants the affection ribbon he thought. "Well we should get going we have a long path to the first gym" Kyle said as made sure his hat was cover all his hair and the two scars. Kyle normally got worried easily so switching tops happened every five seconds.

Well I guess it is risky but thanks to her scarf she can't get caught,well maybe a masterball could catch her but what's the chances someone has a masterball,and it doubles as a silk scarf,that's how her attacks are so powerful"Max felt prepared for anything"and if you have a problem with leading the way I'll lead,I have a map in my backpack"

Robby headed slightly outside city limits, finally getting some silence ever since entering the city. He decided to let out his team, let them stretch. He pulled out three pokeballs; a dusk ball, a great ball, and a pokeball. In three bright flashes, a Mawile, Swampert, and Salazzle appeared. "Alright guys get some stretches, converse, practice, whatever you like." He smiled.

JPSomeone

"I really want you to lead cause I am a little new to traveling with other people." Kyle said shyly. He started messing with his hat which was a sign of his fear. "Well shall we get going?" Kyle asked while messing with his hat.

"Ok"Max handed Kyle the map and stepped behind him"so where to"Max asked, "eve...eevee"Charmy gave a soft mew and then fell asleep on Max's shoulder"heh, Charmy is the cutest thing you'll ever see when she's asleep"Max pat Charmy on her soft fur and began walking alongside Kyle

After noticing that Lucy was still in the Pokemon Center, Sam assumed the worst was over for him. Until he saw Eevee sleep on Max's shoulder. aw COME ON! he screamed inside his head. He took a deep breath and continued to focus on the battle.
But he couldn't.
Every time a turn passed, he'd take a long look at Charmy, which he knew was going to be a bad habit. Because if he keeps stalking Eevee, then all the Eevee in the world would think he's a creep and run away whenever they get the chance. As he thought about this, he was just at the edge where Gabe couldn't notice the tears in his eyes.
Leafeon couldn't either.

JPSomeone

"Well as you can see in the distance there is a forest and the goal is too get past that and camp at what is past that." Kyle said while reading the map. As he walked he felt as if he finally made a friend he can talk to. Max and Charmy seem very nice but me and treecko will put them to the test tomorrow on the battle field Kyle thought. But seeing the forest snapped him out of his thought and made him wanna get there quicker. "Hey Max let's have a little race the forest?" Kyle asked excitedly. Hopefully with Charmy on his shoulder and treecko and my shoulder this race would go quicker right Kyle thought.

"oh your on!"Max began running into the forest smiling happily,let's hope this doesn't wake Charmy"kyle you can't catch me!"Max was deep into the forest when he started loosing his breath"phew,I need to take a rest"

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker had managed to incapacitate the strangers Chandelure for long enough to escape. He had put Private back into his Pokéball and sprinted backwards into the forest. As much as he wanted to go and heal Admiral he knew that the Poké Center wasn't a safe place to hide, not to mention it could endanger innocent people like Lucy. After what seemed like an hour of running and glancing over his shoulder he sat down against a tree to rest. As he was getting back up he noticed a familiar hat in the distance, and someone who he didn't know. "Kyle!" he shouted waving his arms in the air.

JPSomeone

Kyle ran into the forest, climbed a tree and jumped one to another until he heard a familiar voice. He grabbed a good hold of the tree he was on and turned to see Parker waving his hands in the air. "Hey Parker" Kyle said. He took a quick look forward and saw Max taking a break. "Parker see that person ahead, let's go meet up with him and then we can talk." Kyle said as he started jumping from one tree to another.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Kyle, it's good to see a familiar face because I'm in quite the situation. There was some creepy guy in a hood and cape, his Pokémon were super strong and my Empoleon is hurt. I don't really know if he's following me or not but I think I got away. Is it cool if I stick with you guys for now?" Parker was breathing super heavily because of just how much he had ran and he was still scared, not about he hooded man but about Admiral.

Max noticed Kyle swinging in the trees"Kyle?,don't mind me im just taking a break,wait who are you,and are you ok"Max saw the look of worry on his face,Max just sat there still catching his breath

Gabe toke out Clingy's Pokeball and returned it. "Alright then." Gabe sighed. "Go Teddy!" He sent out the Teddiursa. It looked a bit frightened. "You can do this. I believe in you." Gabe told him. Teddy toke out his Iron Ball, and threw it at the Pyroar's face, and then followed up with a Sweet Scent to make sure the Pyroar could not dodge.