• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Adventure

Sam sighed. "If you really wanna know, it's out of jealousy," he said. What would happen if Max knew? Would he help me through it? Or would he call me a creep? Or maybe he'll just tell me to work it out myself? Well, it IS pretty much the stages of grief by jealousy, and without help I'd definitely be dead by the end of this week. So he decided to tell him. "I went for a walk last night, but Leafeon got so sleepy I had to return it to its ball, which is something I haven't done in a while. I found two trainers and one adorable Eevee, that ended up rubbing against the boy trainer's pants. I became so jealous and so sad that now I'm stalking a couple of trainers because one of them is a magnet to the boy trainer," he told Max every crick and nanny about it. From top to bottom. He regretted it afterward, but it still felt good to get off his chest.

Karrid watched the boy as he attempted to stalk the two Trainers with the Eevee. He chuckled to himself at the novice skills, if you could call it skills, the amateur had. He started to talk with another boy named Max but that was all he could collect from the conversation. "Time to have some fun. Haven't had some fun in a little while so I may as well start." he thought to himself. He jumped down from the tree above, silently and swiftly like a Ghost.

Gabe woke up. "I am just going to stay up." Gabe sighed, taking out some berries. The Pokemon ate most of them, and Gabe ate the rest. "Alright." Gabe got up. "Its time to go and travel." Chatter flew to his shoulder, Teddy returned to it's Pokeball, and Clingy is still hanging on his arm. Gabe then started to exit the Pokemon Center.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Kyle hears alittle bit of the whisper conversation but decided not to get into that. Thinking about that he trys to remember his goals from the morning. Make new friends is the top priority right now I guess but let's go do some training first he thought. "Nurse Joy were is the nearest battle field?" Kyle asked.

"It's across the street" Nurse Joy said.

"Thanks!" Kyl said while running out the front door with treecko. When they got to the battle he released snivy from her pokeball and started training. "Ok guys our goal is to at least learn one new move by the end of the day got it?" Kyle said ready to get started.

"Snivy sni!" Snivy said excitedly.

"Treecko tree" Treecko said excitedly.

"Alright snivy I will train with you first" Kyle said happily. When Treecko walked to the other end the battle started. Snivy was good at sensing quick opponents and dodging their attacks. The battle could go on forever but Kyle decided go make it interesting. "Treecko use your true power!" Kyle said excitedly. Treecko started running and then jumped with its tail facing downward. "Snivy focus, treecko is using pound, when you it's close enough use vine whip and toss him into the air" Kyle said seriously" Snivy nodded and when the time was right she used vine whip and tossed treecko into the air but before it use could vine whip treecko used pound. As treecko came back down he used tail as a cushion. "Treecko you really took my advice" Kyle said.

"Treecko tree" Treecko said with a smile.

"Treecko use pound, Snivy use Tackle!" Kyle said seriously. Treecko ran again and jumped tail facing downward before snivy could even run treecko was already coming down in her direction. With a great explosion of dust snivy was done. After the dust cleared Kyle ran up to Snivy and sprayed it with a potion. "Snivy maybe your not cut out for battles" Kyle said softly.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker heard it, he could always tell when someone was battling or training. Whether he heard it or saw it, it was like he was drawn to battling. "H-hey Lucy, i'm gonna go check something out real q-quick." he said as he left the Pokémon Center and headed just across the road. He saw a rather large open field and a trainer with his Treecko and Snivy.

Sam was drawn to it also. He pulled out his notepad and pencil from his bag, accidentally tripping over Leafeon in the process. After being tripped over, Leafeon knew it was time to go. He scampered up from his resting position and ran with Sam. "Come on Leafeon!" He cried. He slid onto the battlefield like it was ice. "You. Me. Battle. Now." he said, smiling.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker had seen some weird stuff, but a random kid sliding onto the battlefield with a Leafeon was near the top of the list for sure. At first he had decided that he was just gonna sit back and watch, but the little shake at his side told him that his Pokémon were tired of being cooped up in their balls. "If you guys wouldn't mind, I would like to watch and maybe battle the victor afterwards?"

Karrid quickly covered the distance between him and Sam without making a noise except for the occasional hushed raspy breath. Soon he stood directly behind Sam. He put a hand on his right shoulder, leaned his hooded face inwards, and hissed one word. “Boo.”

Gabe was going in to watch the battle, that was about to watch a possible Pokemon Battle, until Karrid appeared out of nowhere. Gabe backed away slowly. Clingy jumped off Gabe's arm, and hissed at the hooded figure that was a possible threat to him, and his friends.

Sam swept the shoulder Karrid put his shoulder on, and said, "Yeesh, if you wanted to tell me that you specialized in ghost-types, you could've just told me!" He joked. He turned over to the kid who had just said something. Wait, haven't I seen this kid before? Oh wait! he realized the horrible truth. This was the trainer that he was"stalking" earlier, from the forest bushes to the Pokemon Center houseplants. About ten seconds went by, and he lost the topic. He shook his head vigorously. "Uh, yeah, I don't see why not," he told him.

JPSomeone

Looked up after the battle and saw lots of trainers watching. "Um... hello" Kyle said shyly. Lots of people watching him scared him. But he'd like to think they were just people he knew. It's now or never to make knew friends Kyle thought. He got up and held snivy in his hands and treecko climbed onto his shoulder. "So my name is Kyle, what your names" Kyle said shyly.

"Mine's Sam. This is my mentor, Gabe, and that Nincada over there is Clingy." he pointed to the tortured Karrid, and all because of a bug. "This dude over here is Parker..." he knew it would be awkward to know someone's name after just saying one thing to them, even if he did hear his name over the conversation with Lucy. "This dude is Leafeon." he pointed down at his Leafeon, who simply just made happy eyes. "now battle? Or no battle?" he asked.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Oh yeah, guess it was rude to not introduce myself. The name's Parker, nice to meet you Kyle!" Parker said with a grin. "Your Treecko is pretty strong you know, but the Snivy is a little lacking. You should probably do some training that's made special for Snivy." Parker was an ace at battling so he knew how to train all types of Pokémon, grass types weren't really his specialty but he knew enough to suggest a few things.

JPSomeone

"Snivy is good but we will start performing classes for her maybe that will help her attacks." Kyle said alittle less shyly. He looked down at and she smiled at Kyle. He knew at that very moment that the idea for performance attacks were really going to help snivy. Some how grass times are very nice towards Kyle. They were also his specialty to train for League.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker knew his Pokémon were raring for a fight. "Well how about we have battle?" he asked Kyle. "It's help Snivy and Treecko train and I know my Pokémon have been itching to battle for quiet a while now." he admitted.

"My name is Gabe!" Gabe said approaching Kyle. "This is Chatter, and Clingy!" He pointed at the Chatot on his shoulder, and the Nincada which was back on his arm. "Then there's Teddy, who is in his Pokeball, he is very shy. But can I Grassk you a question? Do you like Grass types?" Gabe chuckled. "Grassk!" Chatter screeched.

"What the--wha?!" I just..." he said, but he knew it was no use. He sighed. "Okay..." he walked away to the bleachers with his head down. He sat down to watch. Yeesh, first this guy gets smuthered by a shiny EEVEE of all Pokemon, then he gets to battle. He blew his emo hair.

Last edited:
As Robby approached the Pokémon center, only thinking of passing it by and head straight for the pokemart, Gem's ears perked up at the sound of what appeared to be many voices and other Pokémon as well. The curious Sableye lept from Robby's shoulder and ran up to the back of the center, peeking out.

"Gem!" Robby yelled out, slightly annoyed at his Pokémon, "Why do you always do this?" He muttered to himself as he kept an eye on him. Gem snuck up to the group of trainers, his big jewel eyes staring down the Treeko. Snickering to himself, the mischievous Pokémon backed away slowly, performing a small will o wisp. "Oh Arceus, where did he go.." Robby sighed, as he began to make his way where he last saw Gem.

JPSomeone

"I guess I'll battle Parker first since he introduced himself and asked nicely." Kyle said not shy at all. Kyle walked all the way to other side of the battle field feeling confident about his two pokemon. "Ok I guess we'll do a one vs one pokemon battle." Kyle said excitedly. Holds out his arm and Treecko jumps off of it. "Treecko I choose you!" Kyle said even more excited. Kyle set snivy on a bench. "Now you may watch as me and treecko battle" Kyle said with a smile.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Ah sweet, now who wants to battle the most? Hmmmm, I think... yeah! Okay Centurion let's go!" Parker threw the Pokeball out in front of him and his Bisharp stood ready to fight. "Okay bud, time for us to kick some grass! Get in close and use Metal Claw!"

JPSomeone

"Um... everyone I will meet you one at a time please just let me and Parker battle" Kyle said shyly. The feeling of having many people to meet and gyms to beat was exciting and fearful. But let's take this one step at a time he thought. "Gabe I will let you me a question after this battle" Kyle said with less fear. As he got through the crowd of people meeting him he should get to his area of the battle field again right?

Gem grunted, as his target went onto the battle field. He turned, seeing the Snivey on the bench and quickly made his way to him, and jumped up on the bench and smiled at him; showing his large creepy toothy grin.

Robby peeked around, seeing his Sableye in frustration.

JPSomeone

"Treecko! Dodge and use pound!" Kyle said as he was trying to get past the crowd. Man this crowd of people is really making me fearful but sometimes... fear is the thing everyone needs he thought. "Parker just wanna let you know I'm not going to stop until I get my shot in the big League" Kyle said as he looking at his snivy.

"Snivy sni" Snivy said questionably.

"Snivy you better just stick with me" Kyle said concerned for snivy's well being. Snivy got up and ran towards Kyle and then used vine whip to climb onto his shoulder. "Snivy its ok, now just watch the battle" Kyle said competitively. But as he battles he noticed treecko is burned. "Wait Parker did you use will o wisp?" Kyle said confused.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"H-Huh?" Parker was dumbfounded, had Bisharp learned Will-O-Wisp? No, that wasn't possible. "N-No, I didn't. Should we stop? The Pokémon Center IS right across the road." Parker knew from experience that burns are severe and put Pokémon in great pain, it would be best to stop the battle know and do something about it before Treecko gets injured.

JPSomeone

"Yes we should stop I don't want my best friend to get hurt" Kyle said seriously. He picked up treecko. "Snivy hold on tight" Kyle said seriously. Snivy tightened it's vine whip around Kyle's waist then Kyle started running.

"Treecko tree" Treecko said as it got hurt by its burn.

"Treecko hang in there buddy!" Kyle said worried. He ran across the street and into the pokemon center. "Nurse Joy my treecko is burned please help it!" Kyle said seriously and worried at the same time. Nurse joy immediately took treecko and started healing it. As she did that Kyle went to one of the couches and sat down. He looked very worried but luckily snivy was their to help.

"Snivy sni!" Snivy said trying to make Kyle happy.

"Yeah your right snivy, treecko is going to be ok! Thank you for cheering me up." Kyle said a little less sad. A few minutes later Nurse Joy came back with his treecko. Treecko jumped onto Kyle's shoulder. Snivy, Kyle, and treecko thanked Nurse Joy for healing treecko. After that they went back to the couch they slept on last night. "Guys I will always be there for you when you get hurt and I know you'll be there for me" Kyle said happily. Treecko and Snivy hugged Kyle and as they sat on that couch they went to sleep.

Max ran too the battlefield tiredly *pant*pant*"sorry guys I was chasing after Charmy,apparently,come back here means let's play tag to her"Max said annoyed"so what's happening out here,there was somebody running in to the center with a treeko and a snivy"Max noticed the several other trainers around the battlefield"Gabe,sam who are these people"Max was holding Charmy who had a confused look on her face

JPSomeone

Kyle surprising woke up after an hour of which is the earliest time he woke up after a nap. After he figured out what to do he returned snivy to her pokeball. "Treecko let's go meet some new people" Kyle said trying to act confident. Treecko onto his shoulder and they went back to the battle field.

Sam hopped off the bleachers and to Max and Gabe. "So where to first?" He asked, praying it wasn't into the forest again, because there's a lot of Venusaur in the daytime who use Sleep Powder to distract its prey. So, he took back the question. Instead, he asked: "Can any of you battle me?"

Gabe shrugged. "They said their names, which are Kyle, and Parker." Gabe explained. "But I never talked to them, I intruduced myself, and they never awnsered my question." Gabe went inside the Pokemon Center quickly to grab some berries, and put them in a bag he found on the floor, and walked back outside. "I can battle you Sam, if you want." Gabe said.

Last edited:
"YYYes!" he exclaimed. He looked down. Leafeon nodded. "Your move!" Sam yelled, before running to the other side of the battlefield. Then.he counted each of his Pokeballs. "Gengar, Samurott, Pyroar, Kricketune...yep! They're all here!" he glared at Gabe as he decided his first Pokemon.

JPSomeone

"Hey Gabe, you may now 'grask' me a question" Kyle said laughing about the pun. He felt like he can finally meet a group of trainers in this region without having to be shy. "Gabe I was kinda looking for you and your friends in the pokemon center, just so I can meet you guys this morning but didn't so can you introduce me to them?" Kyle said while looking at the ground. He felt like a loser just asking that question. But he was hoping for a good out come.

Gabe nodded. "This is Max, and next to him is Charmy." Gabe explained. "And the person with the Leafeon is Sam. My question is, do you only use grass types, and why? I am just interested, since it is pretty rare for a trainer to only use one type."

JPSomeone

"Ok I have used all grass types in the kalos, the reason I did that is to support trainers who pick grass type starters." Kyle explained. "Most people who pick grass types get shot down by alot of haters, I wanted to prove that grass types can be just as powerful as other types." Kyle explained more. As he talked about the reasons he did that, treecko smiled at Gabe. Kyle had always had a soft spot for every type of pokemon. But there was something about grass types that made him want to be outside more and have fun with them. He was getting off track so he started to greet Max and Sam. "Hello Max and Sam, my name is Kyle and this my partner treecko." Kyle said with a smile.

Gabe walked over to the battlefield. "I will be using three Pokemon, you can use as many as you want." Gabe said. Clingy jumped off his arm and hissed at Sam. "Alright Clingy I guess." Gabe said confused. "I think he is really Attached to me." Gabe chuckled. "Attached!" Screeched Chatter.

Sam nodded. "Not too bad." but Leafeon was laughing his butt off. He grabbed a Pokeball off his belt. "Ok Pyroar, show 'em what you've got!" he threw the Pokeball and out came a male Pyroar. "Use Fire Fang!" said Sam. Pyroar's teeth became engulfed in flames, as he ran towards Clingy at high speeds.

“Grass types? I don’t mind them, but technically I don’t mind every other type. Except Fairy, Ghost, and Dark. I hate the Fairy type but my party is predominantly Ghost and Dark types.” Karrid smirked from underneath his hood. “Now considering a battle just occured, who cares to challenge me? By the way, I need to know the location of closest facility that contains important technological information.”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Well my battle was cut short, so I'd be up to battle you. My one question is your name, and also why you need er... 'Important technological information'?" Parker didn't like to judge a book by it's cover, but this guy didn't exactly look trustworthy and he wanted to make sure this mystery man wasn't up to anything,

"Some excellent questions and my excellent answer to both is "It's for me to know and you to find out." My doings will remain mine, and your doings will remain yours. I hope I'm understood. Anyway, Reaper! Come on out!" Instead of reaching to his side to throw one of the many Dusk balls at his belt, he looked over Parker's shoulder and a Gengar cancelled out its Phantom Force move. It was apparently with him the entire time. "By the way, you'll probally want to bring two Pokemon out if you want to have any chance at winning."

"good luck you guys" with a battle between his friends he didn't no who to root for since he's traveling with both of them,so he just sat there with his legs crossed and Charmy in his lap to watch the battle

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Sorry, but if you don't plan on using two Pokémon than neither do I. If you think my Pokémon would be so easily defeated then you're in for a thrashing! Okay Admiral let's do this!" Parker tossed his Pokeball out to his side and a rather large Empoleon emerged. "So where exactly is your Pokémon? I'm not seeing any other Pokémon besides my Admiral." He and Admiral looked around bewildered.