• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
"Naya, huh. Well... uh..."

Icarus was going to speak, but he slowly faded back into his old, not-so-talkative frame of mind. He slunk back behind Violet and Swampy, shaking a little bit. Why, why now? Now I'm gonna look rude, and Naya probably thinks I'm either scared of her or just a wimp. He thought, looking at the ground. He managed to mumble a sentence, but he wasn't sure if Naya heard, or anyone for that matter. "M-my name's I-icarus..."

Point, universe, I guess. Maybe I should let other people handle talking for me... Icarus thought in dismay. He nudged Violet a little, but not enough to visibly move her, hoping she would speak instead.

Uh oh...

"There is no need to be afraid. I am a friendly Persian, I promise. The truth is, I despise battles of any kind. I prefer Showcases," Naya explained, wondering if it was her presence that was making the Flareon non-talkative or if he was just like this with everyone. She adjusted her flower crown with a flick of her ear.

Violet sighed "I'm not angry at you, don't worry" She said calmly. Suddenly there was a rustle in the bushes and a pokemon came out. Violet was too concentrated on something in the distance that she didn't hear what the pokèmon said. Icarus made a HUGE fib about her needing protecting and then a floral crown fell on the ground. Icarus called to the 'tree paw' and she came down and introduced herself. Icarus then ran behind Violet and cowered down. He gently nudged her, signaling that she needed to help out. "Sorry, my name is Violet, feel free to call me Vio, I didn't catch your names but my pal here is Icarus, he's pretty shy around new people but once you get to know him well, well, he'll be the most annoying thing you ever met" She said sarcastically. Violet turned to Icarus and whispered in his ear "Your such a fibber, I didn't need protecting, actually, I'm pretty sure you were the one who needed protecting" She whispered.

Don't blush, don't blush, don't - and I'm blushing. Thanks, Arceus. Icarus thought, looking at the ground despite Violet's previous advice. He hoped that Tora and Naya didn't see it, as well as Swampy, but the fact that he turned away would probably have been an indicator.

"S-sorry. I just didn't want to look scared, but... I think that didn't work. That, and I kinda got caught up in the moment. Sorry." Icarus whispered back to Violet.

It took a couple of seconds before he noticed that she had said he was the most annoying thing you'll ever meet. He knew it was sarcastic, so he took no offense. "C'mon, Vio, I can't be that bad." He said, semi-quietly, nudging her slightly. "I mean, sure there was the time when... and then the... oh, would ya look at that. I guess I can be kind of annoying. My bad, but that's not always!" He laughed, blush still plastered onto his face, but it was kind of quiet.

The silence broke when the sound of pedaling gets closer to the front of the resort where a Pokemon trainer known as Jay rides to the entrance on his bike dropping off luke the lucario. As the trainer drops off his Pokemon he pedals off with a "see you soon" to his lucario.

"Uhh I have to stay at a resort, I'd rather be training or battling, at least doing something productive but Jay brings me here. Grr I guess I'll try to enjoy myself" Luke thinks to himself. "Now where do I go from here" he says thinking out loud

(Sorry if that was bad I haven't roleplayed in a while)

Last edited:
Swampy sighed." Icarus why did you get into a fight with a water type. What a drag." He looked at the new Pokemon called Naya." Hiya names Swampy nice to meet ya." He gurgled and gazed at the flower-crown-thingy-mahjiggy." So you're a Pokemon performer? That sounds boring to be honest. Especially when you could battle by your trainers side and see them grow stronger." He smiled and shrugged." Well if that's what floats ya boat I can't complain."

Naya patiently reintroduced herself to the Ninetails, before turning to Swampy. She then explained that she prefers performing because she was always told that battling was better, back when Kaia was still her Trainer. The Persian wanted to prove them all wrong, and decided to become the best performer she could be. I guess this stereotype is a worldwide thing... she thought, eyes narrowing ever-so-slightly.

Violet shook her head "Icarus, still.......blushing...." Violet said to him quietly. "It's fine" She muttered before turning to the Persian, Naya. "Nice to meet you, Naya" She said, bowing in greeting. Unintentionally, Violet wrapped a tail around Icarus' neck, kinda like she was gonna strangle him. "I think contests sounds pretty cool, I mean, I actually wanted to become part of contests, but....our trainer is a guy, so I had to battle for my career" Violet said, somewhat sad.

Violet had noticed the blushing, which wasn't too hard. She spoke to Naya, but while doing so, she wrapped a tail around Icarus' neck. "V-Vio? You're s-sorta choking me." He said, trying to get her to listen.

He moved around, trying to get out, but her grip was surprisingly strong. Violet was talking about contests, but all Icarus could think about was the possibility of fainting. "V-vio? Can you let go?" He said through coughs.

Luke looks around and notices violet and Icarus and walks over to them

Luke:sorry if I'm interrupting something but where do I go to check in or whatever, I kinda just got here and I don't know where to go?

Violet turned to Icarus, then gasped and instantly let him go. "Sorry, my tails do their own thing sometimes...." She said, then turning to the newcomer. "Um....just go in the resort and turn left, there will be a pokèmon behind a counter and she will give you keys for your 'dorm' room" She said, not too interested in this pokèmon's appearence. She stood up and walked to the Pichu that was trying to pick a rose. Violet layed beside him and picked the flower, handing it to the Pichu. He sat down by Violet's tummy and took a long sniff at the rose.

Icarus was in no mood for more talking with other people, but luckily for him, Violet had taken care of it. She had redirected the Lucario to the Klefki in the building, then proceeded to sit next to a Pichu. It obviously wasn't the same one as before, because it didn't seem to mind her and Icarus being there. He walked over to the two, and noticed the rose. "Aww, isn't that adorable. A little rose." he said, the blush finally having left his face.

He sat next to the Pichu, who looked up at him and smiled. It definitely wasn't the one he had scared earlier with his electricity. Ya know, for whatever reason, the collar stopped shocking me. Huh. Strange. He thought to himself with a pensive expression on his face. Shaking his head, he turned to Violet. "So. What should we do now? I'll let you decide this time... I think it's almost sundown, but I can't tell," he said, turning his head to the sky, "it's kinda cloudy, so I can't even see the sun." He tilted his head up so far, he ended up falling backwards. The blush that he had just gotten rid of steadily crept back, but regardless, he got up and sat back down next to the Pichu and Violet.

Violet let off a yawn "I dunno.....im kinda ready to sleep now..." She muttered, sniffing the rose the Pichu had. Violet drowsily stood up and headed for her 'dorm' room. She stumbled and hit the door head-on. "Ow...." She muttered, stepping back and sitting down.

Icarus had followed Violet to their room after she suggested they sleep. Beforehand, he had quickly bowed his head as a farewell to Swampy, and the two new people: Tora and Naya. Violet had stumbled a bit and hit her head on the door. "Ooh, I know how that feels. Are you okay?" Icarus asked, lightly patting her head where she hit the door. "Here, hold still, I'll go get some ice."

He went inside of the room for a bag of ice. One was in the freezer, but just as he took it out, his body heat melted the ice. Well that didn't work. He thought to himself. With a sigh, he but the bag into the freezer once more, and instead grabbed a pillow. He walked back to Violet with the pillow in his mouth. "I melthed da eyesh, sho I gawt you uh pfillow, Fio." He tried to speak, but his words were muffled by the pillow. He gently put the pillow on her head and pat it down lightly. "There, better?"

Violet nodded "Yep, just a little sore...I just wanna sleep though..." She mumbled, bowing at Icarus as a thank you before standing up, balancing the pillow on her head and walking into the room. She dropped the pillow on the bed and jumped on, resting her head and her front paws on the pillow after she lay down in a comfortable position. Violet gestured for Icarus to sleep beside her "What's the harm? more space for other Pokèmon that don't have rooms" She said, stretching lightly. Violet closed her eyes and waited for Icarus' response.

Violet lay down on the bed and gestured for Icarus to go sleep with her. Icarus felt his face get redder, but not wanting to be rude, he walked over to the bed, jumped up and joined her. He could feel the bed becoming gradually warmer as he stayed still due to his body heat. "If the b-bed gets t-too hot, which shouldn't b-be a problem, t-tell me and I'll move, o-okay?" He stuttered. He had to keep reminding himself not to look away despite the blushing. It was a habit, almost an instinct, to do that, but he resisted. Instead, he laid his head down, shifting around so his fluff didn't get in his eyes or mouth, and closed his eyes. He didn't fall asleep, but he still rested on the bed, making sure Violet didn't have any more nightmares.

Feeling Icarus not too far away, Violet smiled at her accomplishment. "Thank you, but you could've declined, I wouldn't call it rude" She said before drifting off into an unconscious state.

*Dream*

Violet looked around, it was her home, with all her Vaporeon pals. Some were running around and having fun, while some were making sure everything was ok. Hee best friend at that time, Aqua, who was litrally a shade lighter than other Vaporeon, smiled at her. "We miss you, you should visit" He said.

*Dream not over*

Violet shifted as she smiled in her sleep, curling up and making happy noises.

Noticing the little noises Violet made in her sleep, Icarus couldn't help but smile. It was honestly adorable. She curled up into a ball and smiled in her sleep, signalling to Icarus that there was no nightmare. Slowly, but surely, the Flareon drifted off to sleep. While he slept, he moved closer to Violet, so his fluffy neck fur was touching her. His dream, once again, was his entire team, Wilson included, running down the beach. While he slept, occasionally, he would kick his legs as if he was running, but he was still sleeping.

All of this while the door was still open. Icarus didn't mind though. He was too busy having fun with the rest of his friends to care.

Naya had said goodnight to the Ninetails and Flareon, and goodbye to the Luxray, before heading to the food court to grab a muffin. {Why is it always a muffin? xD} She did so and, after accidentally taking a bite of it while holding it in her mouth, brought it back to her room to finish. Turning the T.V. on, the Persian soon learned that nothing news-worthy was happening in the world. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? she wondered, taking the last bite of the muffin and stretching on the couch she sat on. Laying on her back, she thought that a little catnap wouldn't hurt anyone, and soon fell asleep. Hey, a cat's gotta sleep, right?

Star walked down the hallway, down to the buffet. He looked at all the food, then decided to take a pizza and sit the best he could. Without needing sleep, he wanted to explore the area and see if there were any other people awake .

(Ooc: Viorus shipping confirmed.)

Last edited:
Violet opened her eyes and noticed it was around midnight or noon...between there. She stretched, but stopped when she felt something fluffy on her neck. Turning ever so slowly, Violet realised that the fur was Icarus' fluffy mane. 'I wonder how he can't blush in his sleep' She thought, then slowly moved into a sitting position. "There's not a lot to do now....oh ya....the dream, Aqua and the tribe are missing me? that's actually sweet..." Violet whispered to herself, making sure Icarus doesn't wake up.

Violet slowly got off the bed and went down to the buffet to get a slice of pizza. Once the pizza was delivered to her stomach, Violet stood and returned to the room. She smiled, seeing Icarus still sleeping. Violet got onto the bed, trying to not make a noise, and lay back in the position she was in. She then remembered that the door was open, so she shut it with psychic.

Icarus' dream slowly faded into nothing as he woke up. It was dark out, but this time, it was because of the cloudy skies. He looked to his side and saw a peacefully sleeping Violet. Of course, as is his nature, he blushed as red as a Cheri Berry. He tried getting out of bed, but fell on his back and yelped. He covered his mouth, hoping to Arceus that nobody heard him. Carefully, he got back up, went to the window, and opened the blinds more. He stuck his head out the door to see if anyone noticed, but when it looked like everything was clear, he went back inside. He didn't look very long, but he thought he did. Icarus sat back down on the bed, no longer tired, and eventually laid himself down in approximately the same position as before so Violet was resting on his fluff again.

Violet smiled "About time you were awake, I just got a slice of pizza while you were still sleeping" Violet answered, unfazed by Icarus falling onto his back. "You ok? You took quite a fall there" She questioned, turning over to face Icarus.

"Hehe, yeah, but I-I'm fine now!... Say, where'd you get that pizza?" Icarus asked, staring at Violet with the eyes of a hunting Mightyena. He realized he hadn't eaten since the first time they went to the mess hall. His blush still hadn't fully faded, but his hunger was taking over. He walked over to the fridge with high hopes - only to see emptiness and sadness waiting inside. Icarus heard his stomach growl angrily. He walked over to the bed where Violet was, sat down on the floor and looked up at her with his best attempt at puppy dogs eyes he could muster. "Where did you get the food?" He asked her, tilting his head in confusion.

"From the mess hall, there's some leftovers ya know" Violet said, licking her lips. "Let's go, I'm getting a bit hungry too" She said, standing up and making her way towards the door. "Lead the way, master" Violet said sarcastically, bowing.

Hoo boy. What a place.

Helia whistled at the beach view just outside, sauntering into the mess hall to try and grab a bite to eat before it grew dark. The Braixen would kill for some fruit, but she'd settle for something simple and greasy all the same. Still, there was some overlying urgency. Her beloved Marcel, ever the cheapskate, found a coupon for the resort socked away aboard their ship. Seeing as Helia was the most sociable and sophisticated of the bunch, which still wasn't saying a lot, her trainer made a detour just to drop her off at the resort. When you travel everywhere by boat though, you're bound to show up late every now and again, and the coupon was expired by just a few days when they arrived. With Marcel's quirky charm put to work, they made an exception for Helia, and allowed her to stay. The compromise? She didn't have her own room, so if she wanted to be sleeping in a bed tonight, she'd better find some new pals to bunk with.

It looked like she was a little late to be getting a proper dinner, but there were still plenty of leftovers for her to work with. Besides, she could make a mean kabob. Grabbing a few choice food scraps from the buffet, she pulled a stick from thin air, skewering some berries and chunks of pepperoni one after the other as she toasted it lightly with her flaming breath. She did a brief toast to her trainer, and the resort itself, before digging in, her kabob cooked just the way she liked it.

"Hehe, okay, my loyal subject!" Icarus said triumphantly, deciding to play along. He walked out of the door and straight to the main hall, walking as if he was king of everything. Waltzing inside, he grabbed a plate, and piled on some french fries for the two of them. "Grab anything you like." He told Violet as he sat at a table.

Suddenly, reality hit him, as well as the fact that the table he chose was already occupied by a Braixen. "O-oh, I-I'm sorry..." he said, stuttering like a fool.

Violet laughed "Silly fool" She said, appearing beside Icarus. "Sorry for my friend here, he's blind sometimes" She said and bowed apologetically. "Please forgive us, I'm Violet, but feel free to call me Vio" She added.

Helia sat, picking her teeth with the end of the stick, as the bashful Flareon sat down before her. "Not a problem, either of you. In fact, Vio, pull up a chair if you'd like. I'd be happy to enjoy the company of such fine fire types such as yourselves."

The Braixen smiled, bringing the stick under her hand, before it disappeared from sight completely. Judging from the duo's expressions, she had some room to show off with her magic tricks a bit.

"Y'know, leftover french fries are great and all," One of the fries from their plate now sat in her paw as she tossed it into her mouth. "but y'wanna know what's even better?" Small embers swirled around her hands as she wove them gracefully through the air, suddenly pulling another two sticks out of nowhere. "Kabobs. I make a mean kabob if you two are interested."

"Ka... bob?" This term was not one that Icarus was familiar with, but it apparently had something to do with the sticks that the Braixen had just summoned. "Sure, why not."

The Braixen seemed like a nice girl, so slowly but surely, his shyness faded. It didn't leave completely, but it was marginally less present. "S-so, what's your name? Mine's Icarus." He spoke, eyes practically glued to the sticks that had appeared spontaneously.

Magic... so cool! I wonder if Vio is as mind-blown as I am. He thought as his expression of shame and embarrassment shifted into one of amazement and wonder.

"Helia O'Bithel, proud member of the benevolent Silvikitte pirate crew." She held her head proudly, ushering the duo to follow her back to the ragtag buffet as she held out the sticks for them to take. "Here, load these up with whatever looks good, and I'll do the rest—oh that might be kind of hard without hands."

She scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, before getting another one of her fine ideas as she pulled another stick, one with a different purpose, out of her bushy tail. As if it were a conductor's baton, she held the wand carefully, lifting a bowl of berries into the air with psychic to show them what she meant.

"Now... what looks good?"

'5 laps in the pool really wear a Pokémon out. I wonder were I can find something to eat.' Honolulu thought.
After an accidental dip in the pool became 5 laps, even kabobs sounded pretty good.

At first, Icarus had trouble with deciding what he wanted on the kabob. He had picked some Chesto Berries, but wasn't completely satisfied. That is, until he spotted the Mago berries. His eyes lit up, and anyone watching could've sworn that his eyes were star shaped. He stared at them with his mouth wide open. It was as if he stopped thinking for that moment, his mind centered on the berries.

Mago... I need.. Was the only thought that ran through Icarus' head... maybe he was a bit too hungry.

Last edited:
"Eyes on the prize, huh?" Helia watched Icarus's intense gaze on the berries, biting back another chuckle as a Vaporeon made her way inside, asking to join them and fresh from the swimming pool it appeared. She loaded up the Flareon's skewer full of the Mago berries, toasting it ever-so-slightly as she offered it to the awestruck fire type.

Turning to face the Vaporeon, she held her one stick upright, running a paw up and over it as she pulled out yet another stick from behind it. With a smirk, she twirled it like a baton, or at least the best she knew how, and used it for a mini-salute with the awaiting water type.

"Sure thing! Tell me what looks good, and I'll help load it up for ya."

Icarus had his mouth full when he noticed the Vaporeon next to him, who introduced herself as Honolulu. Rather than tense up and back off, he continued enjoying the Mago berries. Toasting them added an entire new dimension of flavor to them "I'm Icirush" he tried saying with his mouth full. After swallowing, he reintroduced himself. "Ahem. I'm Icarus."

Icarus kept his intro short and sweet, and went directly back to his delicious Mago berries. They were just crunchy enough on the outside, but they were still lovely and juicy within. He leaned the kabob over to Vio, waving it in front of her as if asking if she wanted any.

Last edited:
Violet stayed quiet the whole time, but when Icarus waved the kabob in front of her, she pulled back and walked away. "I'm not hungry" She muttered behind herself before turning and continuing her own exploration. Violet frowned "I absolutely hate it when Icarus does that...." She mumbled, growing angrier the more she thought about it. Violet went to the pool and jumped in, sinking but not going back up for air.