• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Icarus moved closer to Violet, awaiting her 'surprise'... and then he heard it. At first, nothing clicked. Then the blushing started. Then he passed out with a dorky smile-like expression on his face, along with the characteristic swirly eyes of being KOed.

How did she? Who else could've been there?... Oh Sweet Arceus, was it me?! It couldn't be me, could it? We are friends, but nothing like that! How? When? What?!

In reality, he twitched a bit every time a new thought popped into his head, and soft little almost-laughs came from his mouth occasionally. Whether he was excited, sad, or angry was debateable, but signs pointed towards acceptance, if not utter joy.

Violet owned her eyes and blinked at her unconscious friend. "...THAT was unexpected..." She muttered, smiling gleefully. She nudged Icarus slightly to try and get him to wake up from his own shocked state. Violet stared at the swirly eyes and waited for then to turn normal again. She pinned her ears to her head when Icarus dorkily laughed, showing some type of acceptance to her 'little' surprise.

"Wow." Icarus said with a slurred voice. "Well when were you gonna tell me, this is kinda cool."

He shook his head furiously to wake himself up a little bit more. In a normal voice, he continued. "Does anyone else know? Are we the only ones? Do I have permission to tell anyone, and by Arceus, who is the father?"

His overall attitude was shocked and excited. Violet was carrying a child? That's astonishing news to him. He wanted to know as much as he could, but he didn't want to seem rude... though he might've come across as such.

Violet sighed "That's what I'm trying to figure out, it's a fire type for sure, I don't remember ever being able to sleep with any males around....excluding you...." She said, suddenly snapping her head towards Icarus in incredible speeds.

"If you tell anyone then lordy lord I hope Arceus saves you from my wrath" Violet growled out. "Anywho, nope, we're the only ones..." She exclaimed, what she didn't notice was her mood swings...heh, if Violet didn't notice than guess who did? Icarus

"Calypso's pretty cool. She specializes in water Pokémon. And as for my team, I have been on three different teams in three different regions with the same trainer. I have always been on Team Riptide, and my current team includes a Greninja named Ruli." Honolulu paused. "I think you'd like him."

After that mood u-turn, Icarus did the reverse of what was normal for him and paled rather than blushed. This new Violet was scary to him. He had a few more questions left to ask, but after that minor freak out, he decided to leave questions for later... except for one.

"Should we tell the staff here? I mean, I heard you loud and clear about the whole 'tell nobody' thing, but I feel like the staff should be alert. Just in case, ya know? Whaddya say?" He asked, in as calm and soothing of a tone as he could physically muster after practically being scared to death... after being surprised to almost death.

"Yeah? I bet I would." Helia patted her chest. "Back home, we love the water too, since we live all around it. My team, and my trainer's friend's teams all live on a pirate ship off the shore of Kalos." She performed a mental headcount of everyone on their crew. "The only bona-fide water types we've got on board though are a Poliwag named Oscar and a Kingdra named Malachi. Oscar's a cute little guy, since he's only just a kid, and Malachi's pretty nice, if a bit stuck-up. Oh memories... I've got a best friend back home too, a Froslass named Michione, and I bet you'd be right up her alley. Which three regions were you and your pals venturing in?"

"Kanto, Johto, and Kalos." Honolulu replied. So Helia was a pirate and she made good kabobs. She had to admit that her new roommate was pretty cool. "Calypso's been to all the regions, but I've only journeyed through three of them, since a Vaporeon travelling in Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova would probably be weird." She paused for a moment. "Thanks for the kabob. It was delicious." She grinned at Helia.

"By all means, it's always a pleasure to cook what I can for fine-mannered Pokemon such as yourself." Helia couldn't resist the urge to go for yet another theater bow, before returning to the conversation. "Marcel's been all around, but she recently decided to break away from our old crew and settle in around Kalos. Something about a change of heart in the whole benevolent pirate thing. What say we check out this room of ours?"

Violet paused and thought for at least three minutes. "Hmm...yeah, the staff should know just in case we stay here for that long" She said. Violet then thought about the kid she was carrying. 'It's either an Eevee or Vulpix, I know that for sure...but still, who is the father?' The Ninetales thought, her face contorting into a perplexed, unsure look.

"Okay, I'll go tell the- hold up. Two... hehe, two more things. One: Shouldn't you be the one telling them, and Two: Are you alright with leaving the room right now?" Icarus said with traces of sorriness lacing his voice. He was asking a lot of questions to someone who probably didn't want all these questions asked, and he doesn't want to upset Violet, both out of kindness and fear.

He shifted around again, still close to Violet. "We could also just stay in here a little longer. I figure you must be tired, so we can do whatever you choose." Icarus said with a normal smile on his face as opposed to the foolish looking one that plastered his face minutes before.

Violet gave Icarus the 'Sneaking out of the mix eh?' look. "I'm not tired, let's get a move on before I make you tired" She said, narrowing her eyes and sitting up. "You sly....'Fox-' Flareon" She said, snickering inwardly. Violet smiled brightly and looked down at her Flareon friend.

"Heh, don't gimme that look. I'm gonna go te-" Icarus failed to finish his sentence on account of tumbling off of the bed and onto the floor.

"Why don't they accident-proof these rooms? They shoulda figured I was comin'." He jested, making light of the situation.

He didn't get hurt too bad, so walking was still something doable. In fact, Icarus ran down to the front desk. The Klefki at the counter was talking to an Audino in a uniform. "E-excuse me, m-mister Klefki," He hesitantly said, "do you know where the medical staff is?"

"I am head of the staff, yes. Is there an emergency?" The Audino chimed in.

"Nope, just informing you of something. Violet, my teammate in Room 120..." he said, leaning in to make sure nobody else heard, "is six months pregnant. Whether or not we plan on staying here for long is debateable, but I felt as if it was something that needed to be said."

The Audino raised her eyebrows in surprise, then smirked. "Alright then. You tell Violet that Nurse Abigail says that she'll be safe throughout her stay. You two lovebirds have fun now." She said as she walked away.

Shocked at the title given to him and his friend by the nurse, he slowly made his way back into the room. Once inside, he closed the door, blush already covering his face, and passed out again.

Violet blinked as she saw her friend enter the room and then faint. "Well, THAT happened" She said, getting off the bed to poke the Flareon. "Hello, earth to Icarus?" She asked, gently jabbing her paw into his neck fluff. "This might take awhile..." She muttered, jumping back on the bed and pulling out a Sailor Moon comic to read while her friend was passed out on the floor.

Lovebirds? Us? What kind of sorcery?

"Lovebirds?!" Icarus suddenly shouted as he woke up.

Violet was on the bed reading some comic book. He walked up to the bed, jumped up, and looked at the book from behind her. "Just so ya know, t-the nurse, Nurse A-Abigail, says you'll be s-safe throughout your stay here. That's all. N-nothing more." He said, sounding like an idiot with something to hide.

"U-uh... what comic is that?" Icarus abruptly said, attempting to change the subject before they delved in too deep. That, and it actually interested him. He hadn't seen a comic that was drawn like that before, and he didn't recognize the blond character on the front.

Violet turned the page of the comic. "I'm pretty sure she called us lovebirds, anyways, the comic is Sailor Moon, personally, it's my favorite out of all the comics I had gotten over the years" Violet admitted, nodding slightly before turning page forward in the comic.

"But haven't you seen it? It is the same comic series that I red when we were travelling to Hoenn, on the cruise ship, remember?" She asked Icarus, leaning forward a bit so she could see the details in the comic.

"O-okay, I think I-I might remember i-it... possibly... I-I probably n-need to think harder." Icarus nervously said to Violet in regards to the comic.

Violet guessed that the nurse called them lovebirds, which was on the nose, and didn't exactly seem surprised or opposed to the fact. His mind was racing with thoughts about the fact, thoughts that Icarus didn't really want in his head at the moment. He tried focusing on getting rid of the thoughts - so much so that his neck fluff puffed out even more than normal, obscuring his vision of the comic. Frightened by this sudden explosion of fluff, Icarus fell back onto the bed, unable to get up. "Wt th hck? Wy dd dis hphen?" Icarus made an attempt to speak, but his face was covered by his fluff.

Violet flicked her ears back and slowly turned to look at Icarus. "And now? Aliens are gonna take over the world" She said sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "Were you thinking that hard?" She questioned. "Oh well, I'll let you deal with that problem" She said with a smirk before turning to her precious manga that rested in front of her.

"Oh cm nn!" Icarus muttered in defeat as Violet refused to assist him.

He furiously flailed his front paws in an attempt to flatten his fluffy mane. Breathing was still entirely possible, but the fluff made it hard to speak, and inpossible to get up on his own. He tried to roll over, and partially managed. He flattened the fluff down that was on the bed, but struggled with the rest.

About two or three minutes later, he had the idea of rocking side to side until the fur was flattened enough to get the fluff in the front. This took some time, but he did it. The fluff in the front looked like a reverse mohawk, but again, he managed to fix his little dilema. "Gee, thanks Vio." He said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes and continued looking at the comic book with slight interest.

Violet smirked as she watched Icarus roll around at the corner of her eye. "Your Welcome, love" She said, loosening her smirk into a mischievous grin. Violet then concentrated on the manga in front of her and continued reading, ignoring the creature in her stomach that kicked and made Violet's stomach churn.

"Lov... lo... l-lo... huh?"

Icarus fought hard not to pass out for the third time within a couple of hours, afraid that Nurse Abigail might enter and have to bring him back. He knew Violet was messing with him, but some part of him wasn't sure. Either way, the reddish orange on his face turned redder as his practically signature blush made it's way on scene. He slammed his face into a pillow to try and hide it, forgetting the advice from earlier in the trip. He wanted to scream, but resisted the urge to do so despite a semi-noise-muffling object being directly against his face. Instead, he lay back down on the bed in shame, thinking not only about this whole "love" ordeal, but also about the fact that the other bed has never been used. It seemed strange how despite two people sharing a room, only one bed was ever used... oh no...

Icarus yelped in embarrassment at the thought, and instantly wished he hadn't. He sunk his face deeper into the pillow and lay there, trying his best to not think, but not too hard.

"Yeah. After all the excitement today, I forgot how tired I was from all that swimming." As soon as they got to their room Honolulu looked around a bit. Like Violet and Icarus's room, there were six beds, one for each Pokémon on the team. She picked one, then jumped up and lay down on the bed. "If you're not tired, you can wander around the hotel room a bit." Honolulu yawned. "In the meantime, I'm going to sleep." She yawned, and in about five seconds she fell asleep.
*Dream* Honolulu was an Eevee wandering around Cerulean City. She was looking for a place to swim for a bit. And since the Cerulean City Gym specialized in water Pokémon, there had to be some kind of pool there. But since this was here first day visiting Cerulean City, she couldn't find the gym. Eventually she bumped into a Raichu. "Hi." he said "What are you doing here? Do you have a trainer?" "No, I don't have a trainer. I'm looking for the Cerulean Gym." the Eevee replied. "Why are you looking for the gym?" the Raichu asked. "I like to swim and I heard that the Cerulean Gym had a pool." she answered. "Oh, you're looking for a place to swim, minnow?" he then gave her directions to the gym. "Thank you for the help." she paused. "Do you have a name?" "Yes." the Raichu answered. "My name's Toli. Do you have a name?" "No, not yet. Maybe if I get a trainer, I'll get one." she replied. "Oh. Well, maybe we'll meet again someday." Toli waved goodbye. "Yeah, maybe." the Eevee replied.
*End of dream*

Helia couldn't argue with that. It wasn't that dark out yet, but she'd socked away all of her things downstairs at the front desk, in case she didn't end up in a room. A little bit of reading might've been nice, but meh, she was fine catching up on her sleep instead. She took off her bandanna headscarf, letting her fur breathe, as she buried herself in the heavy and pretentiously soft resort blankets. The hardwood bunks back home on Silvikitte were gratifying for the first few days of being a pirate, and though they did technically help her back rather than hinder it, it was nice to spoil herself every now and again. A bit of intense thought later, and Helia was asleep.

Violet rolled her eyes "If your embarrassed, Flareon, then go to your bed and that's that" She snapped at him. Violet lay down with the manga in front of her and turned a page with her nose. The Violet everybody knew was gone, for now. Violet's nose curled into a snarl when she heard tapping on the window, but didn't bother to check what it was.

"I-I..."

Icarus wouldv'e said something, but he thought against it. It was better to be obedient rather than rebellious in situations like these. Instead, he slowly got up and jumped over to his own bed.

That was so unlike her. I can probably pin that on her pregnancy... but what if it was my fault? Oh, Arceus, I screwed up! Icarus thought to himself while he lay alone on another bed. After large amounts of thought, he eventually fell asleep.

*Dream*
Icarus was on the beach. All of his friends were there, and they were already playing, Wilson included. Instantly, he felt overjoyed, but all of that was dashed in a second. Wilson turned around quickly, glancing at the Flareon. "You aren't what I wanted. You're a failure, a mistake."

Following Wilson speaking, the rest of his team prepared an attack, one for each member. This included Violet, his best friend. Out of fear, he ran. No longer was it him running to catch up to his friends. It was to run from them to save his own life, and Icarus cried while he did. He was betrayed by everything he liked... no... everything he loved.
*Reality*

Icarus tossed and turned, occasionally whimpering and kicking. It had started perfectly normal, but escalated as time went on. For whatever reason, the nightmare wouldn't end. He was trapped within a dream gone awry.

Violet turned her head when Icarus started kicking and screaming. "I probably made him feel bad, I'll do what Aqua did to me when I was having a nightmare..." Violet mumbled and instantly jumped off the bed. She hopped on the other bed and sat next to Icarus, then slid one tail under his head, gently pulling the Flareon to her chest.

Her right paw then wrapped around Icarus' belly and her other tails supported his slightly levitated back. "It's alright Icarus, calm down, it's just a dream" She whispered soothingly while the tail that supported Icarus' head rubbed his cheek lovingly. Even though the Flareon was squirming in her grasp, she managed to still stay like that until he woke up.

Violet then used psychic on her Sailor Moon comic and levitated it in her vision. Before continuing her comic, Violet leaned down and nuzzled Icarus' nose before turning to look at the Sailor Moon comic. "I wonder what he was dreaming about to be thrashing about so furiously...." Violet thought, turning to look at Icarus. She thought about using telepathy to read his dream, but then went against it. Violet let the Sailor Moon book fall beside her as she watched Icarus.

It was the end. They had caught him. It was over...

"It's just a dream."

Icarus woke up directly aside Violet. She was holding him, comforting him. She nuzzled his nose and stroked his face with her tail gently. Icarus broke into tears. "P-promise me that you *sniff* won't leave me?" He asked through sobs.

Icarus didn't want that dream, that nightmare, to become a reality. "I'm sorry, I-I... *sniff* this is enbarrassing..." he said softly. "I'm so sorry..."

Violet smiled softly at Icarus "I'll never do that, or even think about it" She cooed soothingly, resting her head atop Icarus' one. "I'm the one that should be sorry, I'm sorry Icarus, I really am, I shouldn't of lashed out at you....." She whispered a sorry to the Flareon she was cradling. "Now, if you would, please tell me about your dream" She asked, heating her body a bit.

"We were... we were on the beach... and Wilson' *sniff* he said I was a mistake, and sent you all after me. H-He *sniff* almost got me, too."

Icarus felt really bad. He probably looked like a baby, which wasn't exactly something he wanted. Not only that, but Violet was comforting him, which normally he wouldn't mind, but he was practically bawling his eyes out because of a dream. His nightmares were normally not that vivid. This one felt different, and it threw him off. He looked up again at Violet with regret in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean for this to happen. I am so sorry, Vio."

With that, he buried his face within Violet's fur, crying less than previously. The nightmare threw him for a loop, and his mind wasn't anywhere near prepared for it. He kept apologizing to her, but his voice was muffled by her fur.

Violet sighed as she felt her heart clench with agony. "Icarus, i-its fine, please calm down...you know I love to comfort people, I love you, as a Best friend that will never leave your side" Violet whispered to Icarus, gently running her nose on the edge of Icarus' ear. Violet's chest fur became wet with all the tears getting soaked into it, but she really didn't care. She just kept on rubbing Icarus to calm him down, even planting a lick on his forehead or cheek from time to time.

Violet was actually very proficient at comforting people, and this little ordeal further proved her proficiency. His sobs slowly died out and became nothing. In fact, when Violet touched his ears, practically purred. His ears were sensitive. Whether or not Violet knew this was not important to him, it felt nice.

After he finally calmed down, he pulled Violet into a hug. "Vio, *yawn* thank you. You really are good at this." He said, falling asleep once more. While still in Violet's arms, Icarus drifted off into a more peaceful sleep, smiling constantly throughout it.

Violet smiled "Sweet dreams Icarus" She mumbled, gently setting the Flareon down on the bed, sliding a pillow under his head and pulling a thin blanket over him. She picked up her Sailor Moon comic and put it back with the other special editions and then did the same thing she did to Icarus, herself. She snuggled up into the blankets and slowly drifted off to sleep.

(Not sure about time progression, but it seems as though those who are actively participating still are asleep so... Dialga! Use Roar of Time!)

Icarus slowly woke up - to the sun glaring at him with the firiest intensity. Did someone use Sunny Day? Repeatedly?

"V-Vio? Are... you there?" He groggily muttered. The sun was blinding, so Icarus wanted ti close the blinds. He fumbled with the bed sheets that he didn't remember being under, and while shielding his eyes, made his way to the window and closed the blinds partially.

"Vio, are you up?" He said quietly, turning to where Violet slept. She was still sleeping, or at least it seemed that way. Adorable... he thought with a smile on his face.

An idea flowed into his head just then. Icarus wanted to surprise Violet with food while she was in bed. He snickered, then grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. He started to scribble a message, but he had to use his mouth, so it was difficult. It read "Vio, don't worry, I'll be right back," or so he hoped. His handwriting - er, mouthwriting - wasn't exactly immaculate. Nonetheless, he sped out of the room and towards the main hall.

Once he got there, he looked around. It was quiet. Almost eerily so, in fact, but Icarus didn't mind. The food smelled pretty good, so he grabbed a plate and put a couple of Mago Berries in his it, along with a few pieces of ham. After choosing his food, he sat down at a table and ate. He enjoyed the quiet, but he still jept in his mind the fact that Violet needed food, and he needed to get some for her.

*Dream*

Aqua smiled down at the young Vulpix, who was Violet. "Some day you'll grow up and be a fantastic mother, I'm sure of it" he said, smiling and ruffling her fur. "But....I want to stay with you...and the tribe..." Violet squeaked in a small voice. "A trainer will come and pick you up, maybe capture a few Vaporeon while their at it" Aqua reminded. Suddenly, a huge wave was swept unto the cave the Vulpix was in and sweeped out.

*Reality*

Violet shook slightly, calling for Aqua, her face contorted into a pained expression, like someone died, then tears started running down her face. After awhile, Violet pulled herself under the blanket, still shaking and crying.

Icarus finished some of his food when he decided to prioritize Violet. He grabbed a bunch of different things, skipping that dastsrdly blue gloop. Carefully, he walked back to his room, balancing the food on his plate. Upon opening the door, he found Violet... shivering and crying?!

"Vio! Woah, Vio, get up, Vio!" Icarus put the plate carefully down, then ran directly to her side. He shook her to try and wake her up. "Vio, chill, I have food for you, just wake up and calm down!"

*Dream*

"They'll be gone, all your dreams, crushed, everything you loved-"

*Dream over*

Violet's eyes snapped open and she stared blankly at Icarus. "Huh? What's the matter? Why you wake me up? Hey....why was I crying?" Violet asked Icarus, titling her head to the side as her paw wiped the liquid off her cheeks. "Why? Why was I crying? Did I have a nightmare?" She questioned again.

"What the..." The bright sun from the window woke the Vaporeon from her sleep. Helia was still asleep. Honolulu decided to go get breakfast. She quietly got up, closed the blinds, and then headed for the café. It had been five days since she had last had that dream. She wondered if it had some significance.

"I mean, I guess! You were shaking, and crying, and you were under the covers, and it scared me. Luckily, I was here, and now you have nothing to worry about." Icarus' voice was shaky, but he tried his best to keep his visual composure.

He walked over to the plate of food that he brought inside and placed it next to his shaken friend. "I got you some food, so everything's okay now." He said, hugging Violet. It was already his turn to comfort her. "I got some... uh... crud, I didn't pay attention. Uh, there's some Roseli Berries, some Starf Berries, uh... some ham, some sandwiches with something in em, I dunno... if you don't like what's here, I'll gladly go get something else."

He pat Violet on her head gently, pat her lightly on the stomach, and directed her attention to the food. Temptation kicked in for a moment, and he grabbed a single piece of ham and ate it... then looked away from embarrassment. "M-my bad..."

Violet smiled "I'll be happy to share" She insisted, then picked up a sandwich and bit into it. Violet glanced down at her stomach, witch was obviously a little bigger due to the baby that was squirming inside her. Violet smiled lovingly 'I wonder how your personality will be...Eevee slash Vulpix?' Violet thought with a grin spread across her face.

Icarus watched Violet take a bite out of her sandwich. Instantly, he wondered what was in it. He hadn't bothered to check himself. He took a sandwich himself, and bit into it. It seemed to have lettuce, tomato, and... tuna fish? Bleh! Was this really the sandwich that Vio is eating? Icarus thought in disgust.

Seafood is something Icarus could not stand. His face contorted into one of disgust, and he gently put the sandwich back down. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go get some water or something." He said as he got up to walk to the main hall once again.

Once there, he looked around for some drinks. He found a few water bottles, but they were in a cooler filled with ice. "So cold, it hurts! Eep!" He yelped softly every time he tried to fish a bottle out of the ice water. He continued to struggle with the freezing water, determimed to get the water eventually.