• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Violet nodded and placed her head on Icarus' back, feeling a bit more comfortable with him around. "A nap it is then, I'm also feeling quite drowsy myself" She admitted, noticing the blush Icarus had on his already red face, but decided to not say anything about it. "You know, you shouldn't turn your face away when you blush, it actually makes it more noticeable" She advised before drifting off into a nightmare, one of the worst ones too. Violet tensed and whimpered immediately.

Violet had commented on his habit of turning away while blushing just before he fell asleep. His sleep was short-lived, however, due to the whimpering of the sleeping Violet. Is she having a nightmare? Should I wake her up? Icarus thought, trying his best not to worry too much. He shifted a bit in an attempt to peacefully and inconspicuously wake her up, but it seemed like that attempt failed. "Vio... Vio, are you awake?" He whispered, hoping to wake her up without sounding rude. "You all good?" He asked, slightly louder, but still a whisper.

*"You'll never see them again, EVER"-*

"You all good?". Violet's eyes snapped open and she stared at Icarus before curling up closer to him. "Y-yes....I normally get vivid nightmares but none like this...Just...let's not talk about it..." Violet said and rested her head on Icarus' fluffy yellow mane before finally falling asleep, a dreamless one thankfully.

Violet woke up, staring at Icarus. It was quite evident that she had a nightmare. She curled up closer to him, making his blush a bit more. Dear Arceus, why? Can't I for once not do that when I'm near anyone? Please? He pleaded in his mind as Violet fell asleep, this time peacefully. I won't be asleep for too long. Then we could decide what to do next.

Before finally sleeping, Icarus had one final thought. Huh, I guess this resort isn't half bad at all. Thank you, Mundo Resort. Finally sleeping, a dream came to him of all of his teammates running on the beach, which made him move a bit in sleep.

Violet woke up after an hour or so and looked around the room, still half groggy. 'Where- oh yeah! Me and Icarus are in Mundo resort'. After that thought, Violet turned to the sleeping Flareon and smiled "My blushing best friend" She said and laughed slightly.

"Wait up, guys!" Icarus called out to his friends and trainer, before he tripped in the sand.
---
"Woah." Icarus woke up abruptly after feeling like he fell while still in bed. Still a bit tired, he slowly turned to look at Violet. "Hey... Violet... what time is it?" He asked, his voice slurred. He attempted to look out the window, but the sun's glare shot back at him, causing him to snap his head in the opposite direction. "Okay, okay, I'm up, stupid sun." He said, semi-angrily. Once more, he looked back at Violet, not really remembering much about what happened before they fell asleep...

Suddenly, something in his mind clicked, and as if on cue, as if Arceus himself was toying with him, he blushed. Though this time, he didn't turn away, remembering Violet's advice. "So, what to do..." Icarus said, shrugging.

Last edited:
"Good, you took my advice" She said, just managing to see the blush out of curiosity. "I almost never saw it" She whispered. "Anyways, what are we going to do?" She asked, taking a quick breath and holding it in while she waited. "Hhhaaaaahhhhh!" Violet released the breath and a bit of flames escaped her mouth. "Anyways, pick already! I'm getting bored" Violet said and rolled onto her back, staring at the roof with her paws in the air.

"Well," Icarus suggested, "since you did like the beach, and I don't want to bore you..." He sighed before he continued. "I guess I can try to have a bit of fun at the pool. You liked the water, but we couldn't really do much at the beach. Does that sound like fun to you?"

Once again, his mind told him not to do it, but this time he didn't struggle. He was set on this idea. Plus, if they really had much more time to spend at the Mundo Resort, what point would there be in not trying new things?

"So? Whaddya say, Vio? Sound like a plan?" Icarus asked once more.

Violet sighed and looked at Icarus "But you won't swim, I was adopted by water types, so that's why I'm used to it, but I know you won't even go near the water" She stated, rolling onto her tummy and stretching slightly. "But anyways, yeah, it does sound like a plan" She said, nodding "I'll even help you get rid of your fear of water" She added, smiling.

"Pff. Fear? Hah! No! It's more of an... uh... intolerance. Yeah. Not fear." Icarus protested, but smiled anyways.

He led Vio over to where the pool was. When they arrived, Icarus gulped at the sight. There were Politoeds, Palpitoads, Slowbros, and more water types. There was even a Combusken in the pool!

Okay... not afraid. Doin' it for Vio.
He gulped again. "So Vio, how do you... ya know... pool, I guess? I've never actually been near one, so... I don't... know what to do." He told Violet, embarrassed a bit, blushing and looking at the ground.

Dear Arceus. Stop it. I think my face is red enough. Yours truly, Icarus.
He thought, rather angry at his tendency to blush. I have to find a way to fix this. Hm... focus! Pool! Vio!

Turning to Violet, still blushing a bit, Icarus finally admitted that he didn't know how to swim, although that could've been figured out just by his reaction to the beach. "Can you... uh... teach me?" He said with a shy grin.

Violet smiled "Of course I can! I'll be glad to!" She exclaimed, walking up to the shallow side. "Let's start off easy" She said and stepped onto the first step in the pool. "You jump in and I'll hold you up either with psychic or with my tails, it's all up to you and which feels more comfortable" She said, sitting down in the water. Violet slowly slunk into the water and did a slow paddle around the pool and then back onto the steps. "I'll be right beside you if you want" She said, walking up to Icarus.

Icarus poked the water and visibly shivered. Cold!

"Tsk, that Flareon can't even go near the pool without flipping out," the Combusken said as he walked beside them. "Loser."

"Don't talk about him that way, that's rude," one of the Palpitoads chimed in, only to be ignored by the ever-so-rude Combusken.

Okay, no. I don't care at this point! I'll show that guy. Icarus ran and jumped into the shallow end, standing up eventually. He coughed a bit, but he managed to stand still. Shivering, but still standing. "O-okay, Vio. I-i'm in th-the water now! Hehe..."

He tried doing the paddling motion that Violet had done earlier, and he managed to get one foot up, but when he put it back, the water splashed onto his nose and made him arch his back a bit. Still cold! Icarus slowly managed to walk over to where Violet was, shaking as he went, but he somehow kept a smile on his face throughout the whole time. "I don't know how I'm not evaporating the entire pool right now, but I'll accept that for now." He said to Violet, tensing up a little.

Violet sighed "Wait, I'll heat up the pool for you" She said and then used a weak flamethrower to warm the water. She grazed the water with the flamethrower and made a bit of steam come off it. "There, that'll make you feel better, here, let me lift you up" She said, but turned to glare at the Combusken.

Violet then turned back to the Flareon and used psychic on him, lifting him off the ground so he's hovering a bit in the water. "Now paddle, I will just follow where you want to go" She said and started paddling beside Icarus, making sure no pokèmon would laugh at him for not knowing how to swim. She caught a Shiny Vaporeon laughing at Icarus.

Violet lifted her off the ground using psychic and then...threw her straight out the window and into the beach area. "That'll teach you you rude pink catfish" Violet said, then put her attention back on Icarus, ignoring the afraid looks smaller pokèmon gave her.

Icarus liked the warmer water, and attempted to sink into it, but he was lifted up by Violet's psychic. Not that he minded. He began to try walking, and when that didn't work, he started to try paddling like Violet did earlier. "Like this, Vio?" He asked after watching her fling a quite rude Shiny Vaporeon out of a window.

He managed to paddle across the short end of the pool before getting tired. "Swimming... is... kinda fun... oh gosh..." He said between breaths. "Maybe we should take a little break."

Violet nodded and smiled "You know I let you go, right?" She asked, gently pulling Icarus back to the steps. "Was that bad?" She asked, tilting her head with a small smile. "Heh, you get tired very quickly, but I don't blame you" She said, getting out if the water and shaking off her fur. Suddenly, her fur fluffed up, making her look like a cotton ball. "Urg, Icarus, halp, please!" She exclaimed and then started licking her paw, but couldn't reach it...

"Hah! Now you know how this feels!" Icarus said, pointing to his neck fluff. He walked closer to the massive cotton ball that was Violet and tried patting down the fluff.

"I think it worked. Kind of." He had finished, but her fur wasn't really back to normal all the way. After swimming, a new feeling of confidence flooded Icarus' mind. "Ya know what, I kinda wanna go talk to people. I don't know why, but I feel like I want to. Wanna come, Little Miss Fluffball?" He jested, poking at her patted down fur. As he poked her, another shock ran down his arm, and made that specific area puff up again. "Oh yea, I have this thing on. Oops."

Violet smiled "It's fine, I'll just make you blush" She said, managing to lick her fur Down to normal standards again, but her tail were still fluffy and puffy. "Urg, this is the only time Icarus, but help me flatten my tails...it's going to take forever if I do it by myself" Violet said, pulling a tail and then licking it. "Yeah, we'll go talk to people once I'm flat and normal again!" She exclaimed.

"Hey, I wouldn't... okay I probably would, but that's aside the point!" Icarus protested before reluctantly agreeing with the obvious truth. He probably would blush, whether he wanted to or not. Nevertheless, he decided to help flatten her tails, and as soon as he was done, he took off running for someone to speak to. I'm gonna take a chance, and if I screw up, hopefully Vio will be there to back me up. Hopefully.

Icarus ran directly to the beach, and passed a slightly peeved Shiny Vaporeon. It was just like his dream, except most of his team wasn't there. He was still having fun - but just like in his dream, he tripped in the sand. The culprit, however, was a sleepy Sandslash. Hehe, perfect.

"Ow... uh, hi. Sorry about that, I wasn't exactly paying too much attention to where I was going." He managed to speak a bit, then his original anti-social attitude kicked in. His eyes darted around a bit, and his breathing got faster. "I-i'm... Icarus... hehe... uhh..."

Dang it! I was doing so well! Ugh! He mentally facepalmed, as he had a mini panicking spell. "W-what's your n-name, mister... miss?"

Violet stood beside Icarus with a slight annoyance showing on her face. Violet sat down a few metres away from them and lay down, grinning slightly when she saw a pretty pissed Shiny Vaporeon. "Your the one that threw me out the window! Hey! Come here you blasted Ninetales!" She exclaimed and grabbed Violet by one of her tails. Some of the pokèmon froze and watched Violet with scared eyes.

Icarus slowly backed up away from the Sandslash, and attempted to turn around and run. Unfortunately for him, the Shiny Vaporeon was there, and he bumped into her. He apologetically bowed his head. "Hey, I'm busy dealing with your friend here! Back off!" she screamed.

"I'm sorry, I-i didn't mean to hurt you, I'll just-"

Icarus tried to get back to what he was doing, but a Water Pulse was fired at him, almost hitting him in the head. He held up his paws and tried blocking the attack that, if he dodged, would've hit the somewhat sleepy Sandslash. Icarus skidded backwards, a bit angry. Stumbling onto his knees, Icarus waited in terror as he noticed that Violet was able to watch what just happened.

All this trouble because I couldn't swim, and I wanted to talk to someone? Where did the relaxation go? Icarus thought as he sat in pain after being hit dead on by a Super Effective move.

"Why you little..." Violet growled, enraged by her tail being grabbed and her best friend getting hurt. "Bu-Bye! fish sticks!" Violet hissed and used psychic on the Vaporeon, then she threw the Vaporeon very, very far away into the ocean. Violet ran up to Icarus and skidded to a stop. "Are you alright?! Please tell me you are!" Violet exclaimed, for the first time in her life, she panicked.

Swampy cursed and got out of the mini pool." I'm going to the beach." He exclaimed to no one and dashed out the door, key on his newly bought hat. It'd hopefully keep the sun off him. He clambered down the stairs and out to the beach. He looked around and gurgled." Is that... Icarus?" He murmured as he stared at the motionless flareon accompanied by a ninetails." What so wrong with Icarus?" He called and ran to Vio." Who did this?"

Star approached the hotel, taking in his surroundings. He saw a forest, a flying pink Vaporeon, and an Arena. "Must be some strong Pokemon here," he thought to himself.

He entered and, having signed in online, walked to his room, trying not to break the stairs. "129," He said.

"This will be fun."

"Ow... I-I'm fine. In pain, but fine." Icarus responded to both his friend, Violet, and the pink Swampert from earlier. "I can't really move far... why are you all spinning so fast? Why are you spinning at all?"

As time passed, it had become clearer to Icarus that the move just used on him confused him - literally. He knew there was a berry that could remedy him of this confusion, but he couldn't get to it in this shape. "G-guys," he said, wincing in pain as he fruitlessly tried to stand, "I think there's a berry or something that can fix this. Um... oh boy... it's a pink berry, looks like a radish?" His voice started decreasing in volume as the confusion really took hold, stumbling on letters when he tried saying the berry's name. "It's a Praso- no... ugh... Parthley- no, it's... ugh!"

He tried tilting his head up, only to fall back into the sand. It had only occured to him then that Violet was actually legitimately worried. He felt himself faintly blush. Oh great, that still works. He thought sarcastically as he struggled to move.

"Let me help you, to answer your question Swampy, a Shiny Vaporeon used a water-type move, but never fear, I threw her very far away" Violet said and she went beside Icarus. "Please, I'll property you up and we can find that 'parthey' berry hehe" Violet said and laughed slightly as she stepped one step closer to Icarus.

"N-no, it's a Pfffbll... a Phhuhhh..." Icarus tried to speak, but his mind wouldn't let him. In fact, he couldn't understand most of what was happening at this point. He heard some words, saw some things, but his mind wouldn't piece together the clues. He did, however, notice that a particularly violet-colored shape moved closer to him, making him blush more, the only thing that could work properly despite confusion. I would facepalm, but I'm not exactly capable of doing that now, am I, Arceus? Icarus thought to himself, sarcasm practically dripping from each word.

As he looked closer to the pool, he saw A couple of Pokemon. They were soaking, as expected, but something seemed off. A Flareon, which normally hated water, and a Ninetales, of which the Eeveelution was soaked. The Flareon looked.. in pain? The flying Vaporeon.... Oh no.

Star grabbed a Hyper potion and levitated over. He asked what happened.

Icarus noticed a gigantic blue shape float over to where he was, and tensed up a bit. That is massive, what is it? Icarus thought to himself. He heard it vaguely ask what had happened. He would've responded, but speech wasn't something he was capable of at this point. He noticed a pink object near the gigantic blue Pokemon, but didn't know what it was. Rather than not let the object touch him, he decided to loosen up a bit and accept any help he could. After all, the only thing he really could properly do was, unfortunately, blush. What did I do to deserve this? Icarus thought angrily, his face frowning a bit before reverting to it's former dazed expression.

Tora walked through the front doors of the hotel after having watched all of the other Pokémon walk in. That had to be all, she thought as she silently walked in. There was an array of pokemon standing at the front desk waiting to get their room keys and numbers. She had no plan to be in such a crowd, so she would probably just wander the hallways, hoping not to run into anyone. A squad of duckletts walked in front of her one of them dropping an oran berry. She quickly picked it up in a paw before handing it to the ducklett, but as soon as she did they frantically flew around.

She took it anyway and walked towards the stairs, she went up to the first floor and started to take turns and. But when she did she started to panic as she got lost. She could ask someone for directions, but that requires socializing and that's bad. She walked even farther down the hotel until she came across a pool. She silently watched in the bushes as a vaporeon was flung away.

Tora saw a metagross with a hyper potion moving towards what looked like a flareon and a ninetales. Not wanting to confront them she silently waited in the bushes hoping no one would notice her.

Star quickly sprayed the Flareon with the potion and fed him a berry to cure the confusion. "Is he ok?! A super-effective move to the face would hurt no matter what. Trust me, I know," the Steel-type said.

"Buh... what the... eep!" Icarus slowly came to and noticed what the blobs really were. There was a worried Violet, a still pink-as-ever Swampy, and a massive Metagross. Holy Arceus what in the world?! He thought in a panic before realizing he needed to chill. This Metagross saved him. Slowly, the shyness of Icarus's normal self faded back into place.

"Oh... uh... th-thanks, I-I'm Icarus." He said, still lying down.

"Y'Welcome. My name is Star. You're lucky I had those in my bag," Star replied as he used his powers to rummage through it to get a map. "You all can come by anytime. Room 129." The Metagross then walked back to the entrance and went inside.

(OOC: Y'all ready for some meteor-mash powered antics?)

Star the Metagross walked away from the area where they were, so Icarus decided to finally stand up. "Getting hit with a Water Pulse is not fun, at all." Icarus stated. Swampy seemed shocked, but since he didn't know him well, Icarus couldn't tell if that was anything to be worried about. Violet on the other hand...

"I am so sorry, Vio. I shouldn't have done that, it only lead to trouble, and I'll think twice before trying that again, I swear." Icarus bowed his head, much like Violet herself does, then turned to the pink Swampert. "I apologize to you as well," he said, not stuttering, "but thank you for showing your concern for my health. I appreciate it."

He turned back to Violet and stared at her with apologetic eyes, hoping that she wasn't angry.

She watched the metagross walk away as the other Pokémon started to talk again. Tora supposed she could show herself but she didn't want to scare anyone.

If I don't come out I will never make friends, she thought to herself. As she pondered her options a branch from the bush fell down with a large crack. The branch shook her from her thoughts and she immediately froze. From her position she couldn't tell if the other Pokémon had noticed her or not.

She had two options, wait it out or run back the way she came. Seeing as running would draw even more attention to herself she stayed in the bush.

CRACK

"What was that?"

Icarus snapped his head towards a bush, where a loud sound came from. This might cause more trouble, but whatever. I am determined to make new friends. He thought as he slowly approached the bush. "Hey, i-is anyone there? If you're th-there, c-come on out..." Icarus said, trying to sound authoritative, but really just sounding like a bit of a wimp. He walked a bit closer to Violet, hoping if something bad happens, they can protect eachother. Swampy is big, so he could probably take care of himself, thought Icarus before he continued speaking. "We aren't g-gonna hurt you, so j-just come on out!"

Tora listened to the flareons words before she carefully came out of the bush, she winced slightly as a particularly sharp branch scraped her face. When she was out she looked at the Pokémon in front of her, she could finally get a good look at them. She looked in amazement when she noticed the shiny swampert, the pink instead of blue looked good. She also noticed the violet tipped tails on the ninetails and the flareons black tipped one. Noticing the were all staring at her she looked down.

"Hi, um my names Tora" she slightly mumbled this, "Hope I didn't scare you"

"O-oh, no worries! I wasn't scared! J-just... uh... protecting her! Yea!" Icarus walked triumphantly in front of Violet, hoping Tora didn't catch on to his bluff. "I'm Icarus! I-I'll let everyone else introduce th-themselves." He said before slinking back behind Violet, probably making himself seem even more scared.

Oh my Arceus, I'm an idiot, he thought to himself, but hey. I didn't blush this time! Ha! Point, me!

After what felt like a forever-long nap, Naya walked out of her hotel room. She headed back to the main hall, since all the rooms connected there, and looked for a new place to go. Peering down hallway after hallway, she found a small group of Pokemon by the pool. Make new friends, or explore? Naya debated in her head, looking from this hall to another and back again. Friends. she finally decided, keeping to the shadows of the hallway as she walked towards the pool. Most of these Pokemon looked much bigger and stronger than her, so she wanted to watch a bit before starting a conversation. The Persian slunk through the door and behind a bush, which stood behind a Luxray, using it as a shield as she climbed the backside of a tree (the side facing away from the group). Picking a sturdy branch which would give her a front row seat to the group's conversation and actions, Naya laid down and watched, lazily laying the side of her head on a paw, the other dangling in the air. She didn't think much of her paw, even though it was out in the open and looked unusual against the tree. Another dead giveaway of her presence would be her flower crown, which had fallen off her head and onto the ground. Uh oh.

Icarus noticed a floral crown gently fall down next to Swampy. He turned towards it with confusion. Is there another Pokemon here? How did this just fall outta nowhere? He asked himself. He determined that in order to find the answer, he would have to look up. Doing so, he noticed... a paw? It was just against the tree. There's gotta be someone there. Icarus thought.

Icarus turned to Tora with an apologetic expression, then turned to the paw in the tree. He cleared his throat and started to speak. "Hey, is there someone up there? If there is, please come down! You don't have to hide from us." He said, quite loudly, at the tree paw. He was quite proud of himself in this moment. He didn't stutter when he spoke, and he actually spoke full sentences.

And I'm still not blushing! Ha! That's another point for me!
Icarus, once again, triumphantly thought to himself, failing to notice he began to smile like a fool.

Naya hung her head over the branch, looking down at her fallen crown. She then glanced over at the Flareon that spoke to her. Figuring she was safe, she stood up from the branch and leaped down, with ease, to the ground. The Persian picked up her crown and tossed it back onto its place on her head, turning towards the group. "Hello there," she began, sitting comfortably on the ground. "My name is Naya. I am a Pokemon performer. I was just ensuring my safety, since I am not one for battles. Please forgive me. What might your names be?"

Last edited: