• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Icarus was pretty surprised at Violet's reaction. Rather than laughing and joining along, she headed in the direction of the pool. "U-uh... I'll be right back." He said, leaving his kabob on the table and walking towards his grumpy friend.

He had arrived at the pool, but didn't see Violet. He was starting to worry a little, so he looked around the pool. A Pumpkaboo waddled up to Icarus and poked him, pointing at the pool. He looked in the pool and saw Violet, sinking but not surfacing for air. At first, nothing clicked in his head. That moment didn't last very long. "Vio!" He called out as he jumped into the pool with no second thought.

He didn't care about the water. He just wanted his friend back. Whether or not she was okay was unknown to him, and he'd rather be safe than sorry. Paddling down, he grabbed her and attempted to pull her back up to the surface.

Violet felt teeth sink into her neck making her gasp and swallow water. She tried swimming up, but something prevented her from going up. Violet turned to look up at the owner of the sharp, dagger-like teeth. She was supposed to see Icarus and instantly started paddling up to the surface, trying all her might, Violet didn't have the strength the swim, an din a few minutes, she blacked out.

Icarus watched as Violet passed out. The fear within his mind started to rise exponentially, and his ability to swim was dwindling from it's already low starting point. Luckily for the two of them, Honolulu jumped in as well and helped them both out.

Once on the surface, Icarus started to panic. Violet had passed out while she was underwater, which was certainly far from good. He started sifting through his mind, searching for a method to fix this, and one eventually popped up... his face went red at the thought. Th-there has to be another s-solution... isn't there? He frantically thought. Then the fact dawned on him that there was no other efficient solution.

Hesitantly, Icarus pressed on Violet's chest in an attempt to perform CPR. After doing so, he leaned in to start the mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, face growing redder by the second.

I hope Violet is alright. Honolulu thought. Though it's going to be kind of an embarrassing situation when she wakes up. She turned to the kabob she had abandoned to help Icarus. For the moment, she had lost her appetite.

Violet opened her eyes in a haze, everything was a blur to her, but a certain red and yellow figure stood above her with his mouth over hers. Violet let off a little growl, signaling that she wasn't liking what she felt. Even though she only saw blobs and blurs, she knew that the owner of the warm mouth was Icarus. Violet shifted a bit under his heavy body.

Oh good, she's coming to. the Vaporeon thought with relief. I'm glad I helped when I did. That was pretty scary. She was still kind of hungry, but she figured now probably wasn't the time to start snacking. Hopefully Icarus would be okay too. The poor guy was giving his friend CPR. This is definitely a story he won't be sharing with anybody.

"Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no. Vio, i-it's not what it looks like, I swear. You were in the pool, and I thought you were in trouble, and you passed out, so I... I thought..."

Icarus panicked, rattling off apologies to his friend, who from the looks of things was not exactly okay with the situation. He backed up in a hurry, almost falling into the pool once more. Even the yellow fluff on his body was red with embarrassment. "Please don't be angry, it looked like you were in trouble, and I... I..." he said, fighting back tears. "I'm so sorry."

Violet stood but wobbled and stumbled forward. She slowly made her way towards Icarus and licked his forehead, or his cheek, well, it was something wet on his face, witch was totally wet, or so she thought. "It's o-okay....i can't r-really see though..." She mumbled, sitting down before she accidently shove Icarus in the pool. "It's fine, please don't cry...." Violet whispered, bowing her head in sadness.

Icarus fell - or was pushed - into the pool, but he quickly surfaced and hopped out. He stopped crying, but he was still sad. From Violet's actions and expression, he could tell she was as well. He turned to Honolulu and nodded his head in thanks before going to Violet. He pulled her into a big hug, and looked her in the eyes. "I hope you're fine. But why would you just up and leave like that?" He asked with an expression that only read confusion. He didn't even care about the fact that he was soaking wet, and pretty cold... though when he thought a bit, maybe Violet might've minded, considering the fact that they were hugging.

"It's personal matters Icarus an d like I said, I don't mind being cold and wet" She said burring her face in Icarus' neck fluff. It felt like the world was spinning really fast. Violet swayed a bit, feeling the obvious feeling of being nauseous. Her vision was still blobby and blurry but she could do with it for awhile.

"Here, we should just go back inside. Hang on a second." Icarus told Violet as an idea popped into his head. The resort staff probably wouldn't be too fond of soaking wet Pokemon trudging through the halls. Instead, the Fire-type used a Fire-type move, a modified version of Fire Spin so as not to hurt anyone, to dry themselves off.

Afterwards, he propped Violet onto his back. "Here, you're not feeling super great, I guess I can... c-carry you?" He stuttered as he felt Violet burring her face within his neck fluff. Not wanting to move her much, he carefully lifted her up and brought her to their room.

I hope you get better, he thought. Please get better!

Violet made a squeak when Icarus lifted er on his back and then in a moments notice, they were in their room. "I-Icarus.....i don't feel ripe...." She muttered, trying to not sound sick, but it failed miserably. "Uhn...." She whined, suppressing the bile so that it doesn't escape her mouth.

Icarus thought he heard Violet's stomach growl, as well as her whining miserably, and almost instantly knew what was about to happen. Extremely carefully, he put her onto the bed, and pushed a trash bin over to her. "If you need to... ya know, then you can do so in there. I'll be back, I'm going to go get something for you to eat that might help you." Icarus said as he spun around and headed towards the door. "Hope you feel better, and don't worry for a second. I'll be back."

Racing towards the main hall, he spotted Helia and Honolulu once more. He ran over to them, panting. "Oh... okay... no time. Just, uh, meet me at Room 120, okay? Thanks, bye." He said as he once again ran over to the table. He picked up a plate and shoved a couple of Sitrus Berries, Lum Berries, and White Herbs onto it. These'll definitely help. I've seen 'em used before, they should fix this. Now, hopefully the two others that I just invited to my room can help out, too. Icarus thought as he ran to his room, slightly slower this time so he didn't drop the food.

Once inside, he left the plate next to Violet, and sat down on the bed next to her. "Told ya I'd be back." He said with a close-eyed smile and one paw on her head.

Thankfully she had dried off by time Icarus told her and Helia to meet him in Room 120. Once she figured out how to get there, she took off towards Room 120 as fast as she could. Icarus sounded urgent and that was never a good thing. Hopefully she'd be able to help them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Violet smiled at Icarus and then ate the white herbs and berries. Slowly but surely, the nauseous feeling faded, but her vision was still blobby and blurred. "Thank you...I fell much better" Violet said, but she was actually screaming inside. Her vision still didn't turn normal, no matter how many times she blinked and looked around.

"Great. I think I heard something from outside, so I'll be right back... again." Icarus said while he opened the door. He closed it softly behind him, and looked to see Honolulu. "Oh, good, you're here. So, if it wasn't obvious enough, Vio isn't feeling great. It would mean a lot if you wished that she got better. She's on the bed." He said in a calm voice.

He was slightly tense around Honolulu, primarily because of a prior experience with a Vaporeon, but he trusted that she was nice... maybe that's what Violet was angry about...
Icarus decided to show Honolulu to Violet. "Vio, there's someone who wants to see you." He told her, still using an excessively calm voice.

Helia made her way down the hallway, guilt rising in her for reasons she couldn't quite pinpoint. She thought that Vio jumping into the pool was just fun and games, but the way Icarus had frantically run down, grabbing a handful of berries before dashing off? It had to be serious.

She made her way to room 120, a final offering in hand to appease the Ninetales. Honolulu was already standing in the doorway, with Icarus welcoming her inside. Oh geez, there's no way they'd let her in. Even if Helia was a fire Pokemon, she could swim. She lived on a boat for Arceus's sake, and if there were any fire type more capable of fishing a Pokemon out of a pool, she'd be surprised.

Still, she waited for Honolulu to enter, and for Icarus to shut the door before she knocked.

Once Icarus had showed Honolulu inside, he heard a knock at the door belonging to what he asuumed was Helia. "And that might be another one. Hang on." He said to the two before opening the door again.

"Hello, Helia. First off, I never got to thank you for the food. So thanks a bunch. Secondly, Vio wasn't feeling so good, so I called you over to maybe help her feel better." He explained to the Braixen. He looked up at her and smiled, trying not to seem worried.

"Rest assured, I know I get a little excessive with the kabobs, but I'm so happy you enjoyed them." She nodded once, expressing her worry, but allowing herself to smile at the gratitude. As she entered the room, she pulled out one final kabob. "I'm one step ahead of you there. Sitrus berries can only do so much at a time, so I loaded this one up with Oran berries."

Indeed, the pasty blue berries sat skewered one after the other on the stick, with a single Persim berry near the middle. Toasted to perfection, and using her finest stick, she presented it to Icarus to give to her.

"Hey Violet. I hope you get better. I've nearly drowned once myself. We were headed for an island and I fell off Blastoise and into the ocean. The swim was too far. If a nearby Lapras hadn't saved me I wouldn't be here. And that Lapras is one of my best friends now." Honolulu paused and fiddled with her bracelet.

"I mean, thanks for this, but why dontcha come on in?" Icarus said invitingly to the Braixen girl. "I don't personally get it, but she kinda likes company. I for one am only okay if it's people I know, but hey. You guys know each other... kinda... hehe."

Icarus turned away with a slight red coloring his face. He didn't really know what he was saying at this point. His social skills were null, which made talking without Violet kind of hard for him. He felt like he was doing somewhat decent, even if his worrying started to become more evident.

Sparing Icarus from any more social talk, Helia took the invitation, walking inside and making her way to Vio's bedside with her offering in tow.

"Hiya Violet. Brought you a little something." Her eyes trailed to the oran kabob in her own hand, and she hesitated. What if the kabob-magic trick shenanigans were what set her off in the first place? "It um... I know what it looks like, but this one'll do wonders for your health."

Setting it on the bedside table, she shambled off and back to Icarus, posing the question through whispers.

"What's got your gal in a twist?"

"M-my g-gal? Wha..?" Icarus shook his head furiously in an attempt to prevent certain thoughts from appearing in his head.

"I'm not very sure. She mentioned personal reasons for being not so happy, but I don't really know them. It might've had something to do with me trying to do mouth to..." He trailed off, staring wistfully in Violet's direction as he spoke. What exactly was wrong with one of Icarus' closest friends? Was she hiding something from him?

"Ya know, everyone I've met here has at some point gone to their rooms as far as I know. Where are your rooms?" He said, redirecting his attention to Honolulu and Helia in an attempt to prevent further discussion of negative emotions.

She had overheard their conversation and she also wondered about Violet's actions. But talking about it probably wouldn't help her get any better. "I'm not sure what I can do, but maybe after she eats the berries she could take a nap. After that little misadventure, it might help." Honolulu spoke up.

Helia whistled, trailing down in pitch after an awkward amount of time. "Hehe, you see, that's the real kicker. My cheapskate trainer brought me here with an expired coupon, and the catch for me getting to stay was that I had to stay in someone else's room, except I don't exactly have a "someone else" to stay with just quite yet.

She'd considered asking Vio and Icarus earlier, but she could tell that they had some personal problems to work out. Besides, befriending them with the pure intent of finagling a spot in their room would've been tacky.

"If you don't have a room to stay in I'm willing to share. I'm the only one from my team here. And it'd be nice to have company." Honolulu paused "Though of course I have to find out where my room is. My memory is terrible at times."

Violet listened intently to the trio talk. She slowly reached for the kabob and started eating all of the delicious berries from it. Violet smiled when her vision decided to visit her again. She shifted off the bed and then she made her way to Honolulu. She sniffed the Vaporeon's white neck 'band' and sighed. Violet looked a bit sullen as she returned to her bed. She rested her head on the pillow and thought deeply.

"W-well, if you need us, y-you know where to find us." Icarus said as he watched Violet get up, sniff Honolulu's bracelet, then get back on the bed, evidently feeling better.

Violet looked pensive as she rested on the pillow, so Icarus decided to comfort her. He jumped up next to her and sat down next to her, eventually laying down next to her. The fluff on his neck heated up slightly, and he decided to move so his neck fluff was touching her. "Same thing as normal. If you get too hot, you can tell me to move." He completely forgot that Helia and Honolulu were still in the room, but he still did it. "So, I see that you're a bit better now. What's wrong, if anything?" He asked in the calmest voice he could muster.

Deciding it'd be best to give the two lovebirds some space, Helia ushered over to Honolulu, and did a theatrical bow to resume their greeting.

"Given the whole kerfuffle, I'd not the chance to introduce myself to you earlier. My name's Helia, and it'd be an absolute pleasure to stay with you." She pointed back to the kabob stick, set on the bedside table by Vio. "And, rest assured there'll be plenty more where that came from."

The Vaporeon smiled. "Cool. We can go to my room as soon as I figure out where to get the key." Thankfully they met a helpful Gallade named Orion who showed them to the desk. After receiving the key, she went to go get her stuff. She pulled a light blue lanyard with the word 'Riptide' repeating around it in dark blue letters out of a backpack. "I'll probably need this." Then Honolulu turned to Helia. "Looks like we're in Room 125. It's probably around where Icarus and Violet's room is."

"Neato." The Braixen clapped allowed in content. "And uh, again, thanks so much for letting me stay with you, really. If not in your room, I'd probably be camped out in the hallway all night, or passed out in a sauna somewhere."
Basic formalities aside, she figured that she could get to know Honolulu a little better, considering the fact they'd be sharing a room. "So, tell me about your trainer, what's your team like?"

Violet turned and faced Icarus with sudden alarm. "Hm?! Oh, it's personal problems" She said, nodding at Icarus. She felt oddly calm when Icarus was around, so she rested her head on the pillow again with a slight huff. 'How long will I have to hid this from him? It'll only be a matter of time before he finds out....' Violet thought deeply and regained her slightly wary consciousness again.

Naya had heard some splashing and loud noises from the pool that had sounded not that good, but before she could run down and see what was going on, the sounds stopped. She now stood in the middle of the hallway to the pool, seeing water scattered on one side. Eyes wide, she hesitantly headed back to her room. More sounds could be heard in a room she passed, but others seemed to already be taking care of it, so she tried not to worry about it too much. Sitting on her couch once again, Naya found that her mind kept going back to the panicked sounds in both the pool and that room. What could've happened...?

Personal problems? Okay, something has to be up... but do I want to pry for information? Icarus thought to himself, staring pensively once more at Violet. He knew there was something she was hiding, but did he really want to bother her to get the information out of her? He decided against being bothersome. With a sigh, he scooched closer to her. "If you have something bothering you, really, you can tell me. I trust you, and I hope you trust me as well. I feel like the amount of action here is causing some stress. Maybe a salon visit is in order... after a small nap on my part?" He said, the last part with his face on the pillow. Swimming tired him, and the drama caused by him trying to perform CPR... still had some effects on his psyche, though he tried not to show it.

Violet nodded "Alright, a nap sounds nice" She agreed. 'I don't think I should sugar-coat this surprise' Violet thought before timidly turning to Icarus. "Icarus....remember when I went missing for a week and you found me at my tribe....?" She asked, waiting for Icarus to respond.

Just then, Violet felt a little kick in her tummy and she arched her back slightly. She then turned her attention back to Icarus after wrapping her tails around her stomach and chest so the tips ticked Icarus' cheek.

Icarus smiled gently as Violet's tails brushed against his face. "Yea, I remember. What about it?"

Icarus was a bit confused. Violet suddenly arched her back and wrapped herself in her tails, and she suddenly brought up a moment in their past that Icarus remembered very well. What was this all about, and why is she doing this? Icarus thought, still keeping his gentle smile. What does all of this have to do with the pool events and the kabobs?

Violet sighed shakily. "Now I'm pretty sure you met Aqua and the rest of the tribe, but did you see anything strange the night we had to stay over? Like, any Flareon or Ninetales or any fire type for that matter of fact?" She asked, noticing the gentle smile Icarus played on his mouth.

"Well, you and I, for starters. I don't think there were others..." Icarus dropped his smile, the pensive face returning as he tilted his head to the window. "Why, what is the importance of other fire types. Unless they all hid really well, it was just us."

Icarus strained his brain to remember in greater detail the events that took place. His mind drew the scene that he already knew: just the two of them. Was there anyone else? Icarus again faced his Ninetales friend, still wrapped in her own tails. "Are you tangled up or something? What's up with the tails? I can increase my body temperature if needed, or just move closer to you." He said, the pensive expression being substituted by the gentle smile from earlier.

Violet nodded "Yes please, either one will do..." She replied kindly. 'If it was only me and Icarus then....no, it can't be him....I must be missing something....maybe the strange fire type came while I was sleeping, but then Icarus would've woken up, even I would, urg, I should just face the music....' Violet thought and uttered a sigh.

"Icarus, please don't get mad or sad, but just listen to me-" Violet took a deep breath before continuing. "I'mpregnantforsixmonthsnow" Violet said really quickly and instantly shut her eyes, waiting for Icarus' response.