• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Pokémon X and Y Discussion (All Spoilers Welcome!)

Also, while I am here:
Does anyone have any concrete info as to how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon? I've tried getting five hearts in its Pokémon-Amie Affection then levelling up, maxing out all three stats then levelling up, doing the tango backwards and sacrificing a Swirlix to a very hungry-looking Gabite, and various other things, but still no luck. Kinda confused now.

While not concrete, I have seen mentioned eevee needs to know a fairy move then level up.

That Mega Manectric...so much awesomeness. I'm just sad to hear it's exclusive to X. Damnit, why can't Y have something completely awesome going for it other then Yveltal? X has enough glory as is, you are breaking my heart Game Freak ;_;

Anyways, here's 5 more Mega Pokemon, click on their pictures to get a closer look. There's Mega Heracross, which I'd already heard about, plus the Mega forms of Pinsir, Alakazam, Medicham, and Bannette. (EDIT: Also the Mega Forms of Houndoom and Scizor have been added, as well as the aforementioned Mega Manectric)
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/10/11/another-five-mega-pokemon-have-been-leaked/58375/

EDIT: Oh, and here's leaks of the other four Gym Leaders. http://www.latinospost.com/articles...-y-news-update-new-kalos-gym-leader-names.htm

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the Global Link for XY have gone live. Of most interest: Medals. They still exist, they're just not in-game now, they're on the Global Link website.

I'm actually quite pleased about this - they were never a big thing, and moving them to the GL makes them nice for those who use it and completely ignorable otherwise.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
2013-10-16 20.13.02.jpg
@King of Lucario is awesome ♥ Nothing more needs to be said... other than: The precious! The precious is mine >:')

so apparently there are 3 more pokemon that we may not know about? I happened to be looking for a random Pokemon in GTS and someone was offering a level 1 Zubat for a Hoopa. Apparently, Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diansii were supposedly "trademarked names" or something. No images are provided or anything, but apparently serebii had a leak saying that apparently one is supposed to be rock/fairy, fire/water, and psychic/ghost, apparently there are a couple of people in Lumiose talking about a Lava Dome pokemon? It's hard to ignore this, but then again, I inserted 87t76798 into the GTS and it still let me search for it. Presumably these are the event legendaries of 6th gen, but again, nothing is confirmed.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
so apparently there are 3 more pokemon that we may not know about?
Yeah. There were Pokedex pages up on Another Pokemon Fansite for Diancie showing it as Rock/Fairy, Volcanion showing it as Fire/Water, and Hoopa showing it as Psychic/Ghost. You can read about it at Reddit.

Hidden Pokémon below
I do believe I've found the third in the trio set alongside Xerneas and Yvetal, and it's not too hard to guess what it represents. Anyway, you can find it in the bottom of Terminus Cave. The Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs are all there too, if for some reason you still don't have enough of them. It's got a really curious ability and pokedex entry though, plenty of third-game possibilities here.

Sylveon
I do believe this is on the Cryptidex already, but Sylveon evolves after learning a fairy move and has at least 2 (3) hearts on the Pokémon Amie.

Event Pokemon
I'm surprised that nobody's completely dismantled the code in the game to expose the legendaries in their full glory yet, like they've done with all the generations up until now. Hackers managed to get to Arceus years before the method of getting to him was even possible. Perhaps the power of DLC has made it possible for Nintendo to exclude them until they're ready, but it still seems that the persistent have turned up the clues.

In any case, it's honestly rather odd how Volcanion has such a similar name to Volcarona. It almost makes you think that there's a connection, or that Nintendo is running out of name ideas.

The 3DS is a lot more encrypted than the DS. While opening up data for the DS was like entering an open window, getting into the 3DS data is closer to trying to break into a high security prison.

And while I like datamining a lot, this has the nice side effect of Gamefraek being able to fill up the game with secrets that people wont uncover in a day. I like that.

Curiously as well, I found a certain item in the game.

The Strange Souvenir. Some of you may know what it is, but for those that don't, in the hotels (except Lumiose) scattered across Kalos, there's a backpacker who moves from hotel to hotel. If you talk to him 4 days in a row, he'll give you this item, which is said to represent a protecting deity or something. Even more curious, he says things like "Kalos is nice and all, but you should check out my region!", "Kalos's champion is strong and all, but you should see my region's champion! They're really powerful!" and he ends those statements with "... Oh well, you'll find out in due time."

However, before RSE remake hopefuls get their hopes up, after he gives you the souvenir, he says that the region is located far from Kalos, and isn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova. Not only this, but the souvenir isn't a Key Item, its a regular item, so it makes you wonder what will happen, and it doesn't resemble any past legendary.

So, given our information, we have a few possibilities: More than likely, 7th generation Pokemon, or perhaps a sequel to X and Y taking place in another region? Its hard to say at this point, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they took the latter route after what happened with BW2. Honestly I think it could work given that one of our supposed unrevealed Pokemon is a Rock/Fairy, and the item kinda looks like an Easter Island head.

2lc4idw.jpg

Of course this is still speculation. I hope that they release the first event for X and Y soon if they plan on it, and that it takes place as a battle instead of the free handouts like Keldeo or Genesect. Curious enough, there's a space on the lower part of the map where it looks like something is supposed to be there, such as a land formation, but there isn't a marker for it.

Like I said, just speculation, but I really love how the mysteries of the game still pile up even after the release. [/spoilers]

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
We interrupt this thread to bring a very important piece of information!

A character... with my name! This may not seem like a big deal to anyone, but my name is never in anything! Or on cards or mugs or magnets. So eeeeeeee!
2013-10-23 15.12.22.jpg

Event Pokemon
In any case, it's honestly rather odd how Volcanion has such a similar name to Volcarona. It almost makes you think that there's a connection, or that Nintendo is running out of name ideas.
Don't be too sure. I talked to one of the heads on Serebii Forums, and he said that Serebii himself admitted that Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa are all fake

Last edited:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Don't be too sure. I talked to one of the heads on Serebii Forums, and he said that Serebii himself admitted that Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa are all fake
As a general rule, the staff here at Pokecharms try to avoid passing comment on other fan sites. We do not link to other sites except for our affiliates. However, in this case, there is proof from elsewhere that Serebii is trying to cover his arse.

I can't find a link right now, but several months ago Japanese fans found a list of new trademarked Pokemon names in Japan. By their legal definition, trademarks must be published, although searching them is rather tedious. Every time they want to release new licensed products, Nintendo/GameFreak/The Pokemon Company trademark the Pokemon names which are going to be used. Therefore, before each new game, people look out for the trademark lists and claim them as a "leak" of new Pokemon names - although given their standing in law, they must be taken much more seriously than other "leaks".

Here's the list, copied from a post on Bulba forum since I can't find the source right now.

ディアンシー, Diansii

ハリボーグ, Haribougu = Quilladin
ゲコガシラ, Gekogashira = Frogadier
ボルケニオン, Borukenion
デデンネ, Dedenne
ホルビー, Horubii = Bunnelby
ニャオニクス, Nyaonikusu = Meowstic
ブリガロン, Burigaron = Chesnaught
トリミアン, Torimian = Furfrou
テールナー, Teerunaa = Braixen
ジガルデ, Jigarude = Zygarde
マフォクシー, Mafokushi = Delphox
フーパ, Fuupa
ゲッコウガ, Gekkouga = Greninja

So we have here the middle and end stage of each starter, along with the "cute" Pokemon Bunnelby, Dedenne, and Meowstic, and the yet-to-be-revealed at the time Legendary Pokemon Zygarde. Merchandising in Japan typically features the starters in all three evolutions, the Legendaries, "cute" Pokemon, and Pikachu.

Legendaries have almost identical names in all regions. This would give us three Legendaries that are yet to be revealed. Diansii = Diancie, Borukenion = Volcanion, and Fuupa = Hoopa.

I caught Yveltal in a Quick Ball. Sometimes life is good :D
Same with my Xerneas, I was surprised it was so easy.

Also, I'm so happy with the friend safari Pokemon having two 31 IVs. I already have all the Dittos I need for breeding whatever I want, plus a Chansey with 31 HP and Sp. Def but I need to catch a different one cause her other stats and her nature are both horrible.