• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Member Introduction Thread

Well I hope that this post doesn't break any rules. The moderators here seem so stict, it's nice.
Just use common sense, remember them and you'll be doing it subconsciously in a week. They're nice too! :D (If you avoid the bad side.)

[quote author=Tatile link=topic=1968.msg83014#msg83014 date=1228769479]
...or traded him a Shiney (with or without the 'e'?) pokemon.
[/quote]It's without, Shiny :p

So, I never got around to doing this.
I've been aware of Charms for about two years now. A friend of mine used to talk about it way too much. MSDL, I'm sure you remember her. I hear she's since been banned. Whatever, It's not my issue and I honestly don't care. So, the point is, I've heard plenty of stories about the more active lot of people here.
When I joined before, I hung around on chat a little bit, but I'm not sure if I ever actually posted in the forums. Now, I'm off at college and finally have Wifi access, so I figured I might come here and try to get some help completing my dex. (Currently 458 seen, 453 obtained.)
Blue was the first video game I ever owned and I played it like crazy. Looking through my desk I realize I have 11 game in it and 8 are Pokemon.
I doubt I'll post a huge amount, but we shall see. I've already arranged a few trades here and I like how easy it was to set that up.
You all seem like cool people. Maybe I might be one too.

Okay so I'm not new. However I was Inactive for awhile because I decided I wanted to quit Poke'Charms to start playing some hardcore Diamond Version so I could understand Stats IV's and EV's better. Now I do, and I'm going to share some of my knowledge with members to this site if they ask in a PM or if I see fit to help them in the Doctors Clinic. The biggest reason that I came back though is to get some more social time in my life. I'm almost 18. Every second of every day I think about what colleges I should consider attending. Last time I was in Poke'Charms I was considerably immature and annoying. I double posted, Mini-Modded, and annoyed some mods including I believe Linkachu and I apologize to all the mods for how annoying I was. Now I'm back with a more logical, and inquisitive mind. I love debating and you may see me in the Debate forums a lot.

Anyone who seeks help with their Poke'mon teams can PM me with a request for advice, or questions they need answered.

ehe... yeah I'd better introduce myself... though I kinda did that already with a noobish horde of posts... Sorry!

so yeah I'm New (Tell us something we don't know) I'm in to Videogames (Name a game and I will have played it.... maybe.... I should at least Know SOMETHING about it) Lotsa Science Fiction, Fantasy Books, Firefly and Serenity, Podcasting and Doing Podcasting stuff mostly voiceacting and Idea spawning, Writing Fanfics and generally Enjoying my Randomness

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it! ;D

Greetings from the cold north! I am of course(maybe not) from Finland, the land of metal, Santa and a thousand lakes!

Well i am a guy of 15, swimmer, scout and nerd! I came to this site because my friend (Chainsawking) always talked about it! So i tough, why not join? So what more to say?

Hi, I'm new here. My fav. pokemon is Absol and I found this sight through Neurogalaxy. My name is Saiio on there, too, and I use this name for most everything. I plan on having a lot of fun here! It looks like an awesome sight, ciao! C:

alrighty then O: Names nick, call me Valhalla or some other crazy nonsense you can come up with. Anyways, i have been lurking in the pokedex for over a year, and i decided to join and attempt to contribute in anyway, and even improve my pokemon breeding skills, since i absolutly suck at fighting. I abosultely am a sucker for psychic pokemon, which is probably why i suck at fighting D:

Hope to have a ball

~Valhalla

Hello,I signed up yesterday,but didnt introduce myself.I grew up with pokemon from the very first season,and I've continued to watch every season of it.My favorite pokemon is Lucario from the DP series.The main reason I like this pokemon is because its moves,such as Me first,Aura Sphere,and Force Palm are really cool moves and lucario looks awesome.Thats all I pretty much have to say about me.

Yo. I'm sort of new here, sorta not. I've been lurking a bit, and decided I'd give these forums a whirl. I love roleplaying, pokemon, etc... So, I just might fit in just fine here...

Or at least... I hope.

Hi. I'm new. I live in DC and I like long walks on the beach, zombies, and pokemon.

love me? ;_;

Anyway. Came here to play some Pokemon RP with you guys. Hopefully, I won't disappoint.

Okay so... yeah I'm new but i don't understand how you get the sprites and pics on your post in the forms...

:-[

Do you mean the images beneath a person's post or the ones actually in the post? I believe both are explained in the 'Ask the Staf' thread.

(However, inserting images is really easy. When you go to post, there are a lot of buttons above the smilies, one of these looks like a little landscape painting, this allows you to insert an image into your post (good examples are abound in the Art Forum), all you need then is the image's URL, which is easy to find.)

I guess you've seen me around 'Charms lately from time to time. Yeah, I'm Toru202. You will probably see me in the Pokemon RP Threads and on the chatroom. Just call me Toru, and if I get through this forum, I hope we can be damn good friends! :D o.o'

Hiya everyone...i have a lotta posts but i actually signed up like 2 days ago...

umm...I'm very poor knowledge wise on advance gen pokemon,and 50/50 on Johto.My best is 1st gen and D/P.

I like mew a lot...and i enjoy reading into glitches (so i LOVE missingno...never had one though :( ) and i breed eevee's 90% of the time,so i have a lotta eggs

I love glitches too! I also breed eevee's. I was excited to get the eevee from Bebe in Harthome but it was a boy. :'( I guess I'll have to wait a while to trade my female eevee from my other game.

Good evening, everyone!

As I'm certain you can tell, I'm new here. I can't quite remember how I first found this site; I saw a trainercard in someone's signature, I believe, when looking up something Pokemon-related. I then followed the link on the card, in pursuit, and wound up here. I lurked a little while before joining, though, originally only playing around with the Card Maker (great feature, by the way -- really well done). Once it ceased functioning indefinitely, though, I started visiting the forums more often for information on Pearl, which I have just recently started playing agian.

Not bored yet? Let's fix that while I yammer 'bout myself awhile!

Well, I'm 15 for starters. Female, too. I love console RPGS, and have enjoyed the Pokemon games since the very first time I saw one; and such a long time ago that seems. I used to watch the show religiously, too, but I got bored with it sometime during the Jhoto League and from then on only payed attention to the games. My favorite to date is probably FireRED; part due to nostalgia, I'm sure.

So, in short, "Hi." ;) I probably won't be posting all that often, but I'll be around.

So, hi to everybody who's actually reading this! :p

Well, duh, I'm definitely new here! I used to lurk around the site reading the news and role play forums. Then I just decided, like, 15 minutes ago to finally make an account. I just love Pokemon. I have the games, those tiny figures you get if you put four quarters in the machine, cards, etc. I know I'm not the biggest fan out there, but what do you expect from someone like me, who's only thirteen?

Are you bored yet? Are you? Are you? Are you?

Well....if you're not, congrats! You are one of the few people who I haven't annoyed (yet)! ;D If you arebored, then I am so sorry, but you have been bored by yours truly! Mwahahahaahaha! Hahaha...ha...ha...Oh well.

So about myself. I already told you guys I'm thirteen and love Pokemon. I talk a lot so watch out if you're talking to me! ;) I like music. Almost every single genre too. Oh darn! I almost forgot the most important thing! I absolutely love chocolate! It's is totally delicious! Okay, I'm gonna let you guys off easy today just because I'm tired. I'll be around, but I won't post as much. Ciao!

Well hey, I'm new here obviously and I absolutely love Pokemon. C:
I'm sure I have/played most to all of the Pokemon games, and they all just got me more into Pokemon.
I'm a fan of the 2nd generation, due mostly to woopers and the three "dog" legendary Pokemon.

Ummm, besides Pokemon, I love to draw and currently go to an art school. I'm still praticing, but I'm sure one day I can be a great artist if I apply myself. 8D
Ok that's all I really can think of for an intro, anyways, I hope to chat to everyone sometime in the future.

Hey I'm RubiX, and though I've known of Pokecharms for over a year and have been visiting often in the past month I recently just registered.

In my years of participating in forums I've never been a nuisance and always seem to make positive contributions. Which I'm always glad to know, right now I'm working on my Wi-fi battling skills, although I'm not the best of the best, I try.

As of late though, I've been trying very hard to capture all 492 pokemon (excluding the currently un-obtainable Arceus) So far though, I've seen 256 and caught 97, I think.

As for myself personally, I'm 15, I live in Canada and some of my hobbies include Gaming (Mainly Nintendo / PC), snowboarding, computer programming and sleeping.

P.S. I haven't uploaded an Avatar or Signature, because I was kind of looking for new ones, I have some of my own that I made, but does anyone know where I can find some good cut-outs of pokemon from PBR?

P.P.S I love the main theme, it's so much nicer than a lot of other forums I visit.

Oh, they are quite lovely. I'll be saving most or all of those. I see you make signatures as well. I make my own, but they usually aren't comparable to pros.

Thank you for welcoming me, if you're any indication of the majority of members here I'm going to have a wonderful stay.

Like, it's about time I found this thread. :p

Well, I'm Rukario, Sonic fan, MGS addict, Star Wars guy... etc; etc. I'm a gamer, through and through, and I enjoy drawing pretty much anything I know something about (as indicated by my Art Topic). I came to Pokécharms because this guy I met at Liverpool ONE (Shaymin event) said about it when I talked about forums. So, here I am, checking this place out.

If anyone wants me to add me on Metal Gear Online, PS3 IDs, Wii, whatever, just PM me, willya? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I missed this thread somewhere when I joined. Better late than never though!

My name is Tia, and I live in the Southeastern United States. I'm 19, turning 20 years old on the 25th of April.

And despite my age, I've been playing Pokemon since 5th grade (9 years old). I love it so much, and I've played at least one Pokemon game from each Generation, except for Mystery Dungeon and Trozeii or something.

I'm a big fan of Anime, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, I love lots of different music too. I am a college student, currently trying to decide on a major. I am a regular on Gaia, so if I'm not here, I'm on there ^_^

So there you go, me in a tiny nutshell. Hope to have some good discussions.

Hey what's up people my name is MoonDoggie. Ummm...I'm new here so I just wanted to introduce myself. I am currently 16; I like wolves, video games, skateboarding, girls, the normal stuff. My friend got me into this website. I am an ex Role Player/Sprite Comic Author and I want to get back into them. So I hope I can make friends. Before I babble on anymore I have three questions. How does forum RPing work? Is damn or Jesus Christ in your definition of cursing?(I tend to say those a lot) Finally who wants to party with the MoonDogg!(sorry was that too corny? I was trying to be funny and couldn't come up with a better joke) Also sorry for not reading the rules and posting this in this thread. I must have skipped it when reading the rules, this was in honest mistake and won't happen again.

Before I babble on anymore I have three questions.

How does forum RPing work?

Is damn or Jesus Christ in your definition of cursing?

Finally who wants to party with the MoonDogg!
Forum RPing here involves each player writing about their own character, without Auto-ing (unless you ask the person for permission). Thats about it. Make sure you keep with the plot, keep talking about ideas and enjoy it. Also, check out these threads:
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=224.0
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=4453.0
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=3086.0
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=4422.0
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=902.0 - a bit of a repeat, but hey.

Second question, not in my books but I know people who would take offense. Also, read here: http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=284.0

Final question, no :p

So here I am, Linkachu!

Happy?

I must say the forum rules are intimidating. Hopefully I'll live up to them! ^__^;;

So, yeah. This is a "hello" message. Hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

And in an off-note: Curtis! I blame you for spoiling Tales of the Abyss~!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So here I am, Linkachu!

Happy?

I must say the forum rules are intimidating. Hopefully I'll live up to them! ^__^;;

So, yeah. This is a "hello" message. Hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

And in an off-note: Curtis! I blame you for spoiling Tales of the Abyss~!

*Giggles*

It is now XD

Hai Keri. Happy to finally see you here ^^

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
..I thought you said you never called me anything but Ruko, Katie.

And I have no clue what you're talking about with Tales of the Abyss xD
I've never played it- want to, but never have.

Welcome aboard, Keri :)

Hey this is Jennifer! =]
Lets see, I love pokemon! They're really cool and amazing! =]
Music is my life, I cannot live without music, whether I hear it on the radio, or hear someone else singing it. People describe me as optimistic, funny, and loving. My favorite hobby is swimming, and for those who don't know me, well I'm also on the swim team! =] I also love my friends, I wouldn't know what to do without them. My friends make me a better person and we learn from each others mistakes. I hope for a never- ending friendship. =] Well anyways, this is all I could really think of to say for now, so I'll ttyl. Byeee! ♥

Hello members of the Pokecharms community, Im Random-Hero and I hope to make a small home within these forums. I spend most of my time within the ONM forum, as you know is a UK based Magazine. While on there, I happen to control the biggest Pokemon based RPG and came across your site, after a rant came about your trainer card maker.

I have posted you some stuff, I hope you intend on using and hopefully you wont attempt to remove of me any time soon. Err... that it? Yes... :$

*shuffle*

Hai guys! I'm Ember. I'm generally cheerful, excitable, and literate to at least an acceptable degree. I suck at introductions, but, as with all things I suck at (singing, cooking *flinch*, knitting) I give it a good try! Otherwise I feel like I totally dropped out of no where.

So hi!

About me: I totally dig peeps, enjoy RP, doodle away ALL my spare time, and love random but awesome adventures. My current obsessions include velociraptors, Pokemon (Meowth is my favorite.

I forgot about introducing myself xD
Well then, I am QAJenova, although Jenova or Kimzie would be fine. Although at first I may pass off as annoying as hell, in reality I'm just pretty lonely. Most of my friends and online family members don't go on anymore, so I'm planning on having a online family here, which is basically me with a bunch of my friends as "siblings" and apparently some mods/admins/awesome people as my "parents".
So...hi ^_^;;