• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kenji: I hate. All of you.

But yeah I hope to expand on Kenji a significant deal in this arc. To go from my imagined male main to well being demoted to this doesn't sit right so I need to work overtime to correct it. Only Madoka suffered worse (And I am gonna do the same for her)
Kiro: I didn’t say anything. In fact, I thought your lightning usage was pretty intriguing.

But yeah, the disrespect for Kenji will have to stop soon XD

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Kenji: I hate. All of you.

But yeah I hope to expand on Kenji a significant deal in this arc. To go from my imagined male main to well being demoted to this doesn't sit right so I need to work overtime to correct it. Only Madoka suffered worse (And I am gonna do the same for her)

The beauty of this arc is to expand upon characters that haven’t been. Giving the spotlight to characters that never had it.

Madoka does have some branching points.

She was teammates with Zaku in the chunnin exams, fought him in the 3rd exam, was friends with him, and they even met again during the invasion and sound four arcs.

And Kou thinks she is a pervert rapist

Hey the man knows what he likes, still gets the job done that's what matters.

Also when I found that old quote Sagiso said to Kenji it appeared she blushed in that post. So Kenji was the first in the RP to make Sagiso fluster. Moral victories even it came after a pure ass kicking XD
Hmmm, I think he's the only one to have ever made Sagisō flustered.
He actually does! Haven't had the chance to bring that to attention as I lacked an appropriate moment to use it. Though I may have an idea but that does require one thing...

Is Tale of Gutsy Shinobi or was it up for sale for the public at one point?
Naruto read a copy, so I figure it had been published. (That one flash-back ish scene with the book Naruto)

'Pretty intriguing.' When will Kiro steal it?

Lighting Style Users really are the bullied group here aren't they?

I mean to be fair Kiro did kinda present a major hinderance to Kenji in all honestly. One being a lightning user the other being a lightning user + Sharingan + Curse Mark who also learned even the entry level of the signature Lightning move of the Raikage line XD

Hard to stand out with that.

I mean to be fair Kiro did kinda present a major hinderance to Kenji in all honestly. One being a lightning user the other being a lightning user + Sharingan + Curse Mark who also learned even the entry level of the signature Lightning move of the Raikage line XD

Hard to stand out with that.
Well there’s still chidori and it’s variations. But there’s also the comparisons that come with it.

Well there’s still chidori and it’s variations. But there’s also the comparisons that come with it.

I figured you'd have Kiro learn it in all honesty XD

Kenji stands out, albeit not in a good way

The shitty discount Kiro bascially. Especially given he hijacked Kenji's development with Sagiso that had a seed planted in the Chunin Exams Arc but circumstance squashed any further development :p

Right now I am focusing on this hybrid Inuzuka style Kenji developed with his lightning like I did Azumi with her liquid shadows thanks to the Nara.

The shitty discount Kiro bascially. Especially given he hijacked Kenji's development with Sagiso that had a seed planted in the Chunin Exams Arc but circumstance squashed any further development :p

Right now I am focusing on this hybrid Inuzuka style Kenji developed with his lightning like I did Azumi with her liquid shadows thanks to the Nara.
Kenji's time to shine will come, eventually. Just like Madoka's. And Tomiko's.

I get insulted by the Sasuke comparisons as it is. That’s why I went the other direction. Was contemplating if I should even have Kiro keep the cursed seal as well. Still unsure about that one.

I mean, I get that. Sucks to be seen as just Sasuke-light but to some degree you had to have seen this coming when you had Kiro along his path? A rogue Uchiha going to Orochimaru to get a Curse Mark to desire revenge against someone.

Just as Azumi and Pain have striking similarities that I am trying to carve Azumi in to be somewhat not a carbon copy in that sense. It is tricky but I knew this would come to when I made her template.

Eh, Curse Mark zaku is.

So much chakra got burnt so quick I had to show how much was in my posts XD
Kiro ran out of chakra in one jutsu after activating curse mark. Albeit the LCM is a constant drain.

Hijacked is a strong word. As of right now, the only one with any interest is Sagisō, and I'm aiming to keep it more as an interest of curiosity until Kiro starts putting out some effort.

I mean, I get that. Sucks to be seen as just Sasuke-light but to some degree you had to have seen this coming when you had Kiro along his path? A rogue Uchiha going to Orochimaru to get a Curse Mark to desire revenge against someone.

Just as Azumi and Pain have striking similarities that I am trying to carve Azumi in to be somewhat not a carbon copy in that sense. It is tricky but I knew this would come to when I made her template.
I mean when I first joined this, I was just trying to have fun since it was my first Naruto RP and didn’t know how far this would go. But like when I finally thought about it I realized how similar and lame the stuff was. It was too late so I had to roll with it.

Kiro ran out of chakra in one jutsu after activating curse mark. Albeit the LCM is a constant drain.

Hijacked is a strong word. As of right now, the only one with any interest is Sagisō, and I'm aiming to keep it more as an interest of curiosity until Kiro starts putting out some effort.

He used a decent amount before then though. And was injured.

“What worked once...no longer does!”

Zaku flashed open his hands, which were still steaming from his last huge attack. He flashed them toward his oppressor’s tendrils and by Proxy Katsuo himself. He couldn’t produce another extreme Decapatating airwaves so quickly, he wasn’t even sure if he had another one of those left in him.

Without needing to say anything, his air cannons shot, out powerful bursts of air, dark purple auras coating their blast. They soared through the tendrils like butter, dead set on hitting Katsuo near the speed of sound. 25%

“Severing Sound Sword!!!!”

The streams of air turned into long chakra field sound blades, extremely thin like the precise Decapatating airwaves. The swords stretched for twenty feet each, condensed with powerful chakra energies. He swooped like a hawk on his prey, cutting right across Katuso’s position. The swords stretched far and wide, coming like a guillotine

*SHASH!!!!!*

The sound barrier was broken as he finished his technique, ending up behind Katsuo, but still looking forward. His pose was the same as when he unleashed the attack, except he had stopped moving completely. He had no idea weather the attack worked, but quickly as they came, the swords faded. 10%

Zaku seems to lose at the minimum 15% chakra per every attack. And after large ones 40%

I mean when I first joined this, I was just trying to have fun since it was my first Naruto RP and didn’t know how far this would go. But like when I finally thought about it I realized how similar and lame the stuff was. It was too late so I had to roll with it.

To some degree I think I lost this as time went along given certain directions this RP went through XD

He used a decent amount before then though. And was injured.

Zaku seems to lose at the minimum 15% chakra per every attack. And after large ones 40%
He used...1 Fire Style, and created 2 clones.

Other than that it was channeling lightning into Shuriken and paralyzing Sagisō's leg.

LCM was the clone, but clones have separate Chakra pools from their users. Retro would have to give an estimate of how much chakra had been sent into that clone.

He used...1 Fire Style, and created 2 clones.

Other than that it was channeling lightning into Shuriken and paralyzing Sagisō's leg.

LCM was the clone, but clones have separate Chakra pools from their users. Retro would have to give an estimate of how much chakra had been sent into that clone.

Oh dear...LCM on a clone?? That’s a huge Chakra sap 0-0

Chakra exhaustion I find is incredibly overrated here. It has never actually decided a fight apart from "rushing" the conclusion and the two supposedly chakra heavy fighters (Zaku & Kiro) haven't lost their fights yet with this style against two of the strongest characters here (Katsuo & Sagiso) much less the average opponent.

It's something that will be cited as a weakness for characters but rarely will actually play a factor in the outcome of fights IMO.

Zaku’s chakra quickly began to burn, 50%, 45%, 40%. The clock was on.

Chakra exhaustion I find is incredibly overrated here. It has never actually decided a fight apart from "rushing" the conclusion and the two supposedly chakra heavy fighters (Zaku & Kiro) haven't lost their fights yet with this style against two of the strongest characters here (Katsuo & Sagiso) much less the average opponent.

It's something that will be cited as a weakness for characters but rarely will actually play a factor in the outcome of fights IMO.

*cough cough*

He lost 10% of his chakra just standing for five seconds XD

You have a point, even Mori who runs out of chakra in almost every fight he's in has yet to lose because of it

And he still ended up a tie with Katsuo, who has a perfect win/loss record outside of that and is a top tier. That doesn't say much. That counts more than a lot of victories here XD

Just goes to show you curse marks and a good win ratio mix still aren’t going to guarantee victory.

Also, other than curse mark Zaku doesn’t expend chakra fast at all. His standard weak decapatating airwaves move is basically free to use

I mean...what were you expecting me to do? Run around until Kiro ran out of chakra? Everybody was already on pins and needles because Sagisō was holding her own against both LCM and the Curse Mark. It's a weakness in both their cases, but just that their opponents felt it'd be more satisfying to end with a bang, and so they clashed directly against the amped power of the Curse Mark.

Whereas in Katsuo's case he has the sheer power needed to go toe to toe like that, Sagisō doesn't, so there wasn't much I could do besides dodging, and we're already iffy on that subject.