• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

'Ah, I wasn't expecting that... but they won't be expecting this either.'

Although the genjutsu had caught Sagiso off-guard she quickly thought up a way to deal with it. Doing a genjutsu release would give her away, but given the duo's resourcefulness, she figured it'd only be a matter of time until they realized they were only chasing a clone. Since that would almost inevitably be the case, she might as well take advantage of the clone while she could.

The clone continued forward, apparently unphased by the thick thistle of branches- which proved to be true as the clone went on to phase right through the branches and reveal its nature. Taking advantage of the moment Sagiso launched her ambush,

"Nadeshiko-Style: Deep Crimson Dance Performance!"

Descending along the trunk of the tree she was perched on Sagiso released the Nadeshiko-Style Shurikenjustu, pelting the duo with a shower of kunai.

"SHIT!"

"Ambush!"

Sakura had been stunned when "Sagiso" failed to change paths or even show a visible reaction towards Sakura's Genjutsu. While it was far from the strongest, it also had not been the weakest jutsu and she saw no release sign. Sakura had little time to come to the natural conclusion this had been a set up before a wave a kunai appeared from seemingly out of nowhere.

On reflex, Sakura pulled out a kunai to deflect the kunai swarm, though Kenji had an idea of his own as he formed some hand signs.

"Lightning Static-Shield Jutsu!"

Several powerful sparks moved all around Kenji as he jumped in front of Sakura while he was covered with what appeared to be a sphere of electricity that blocked and deflected most of the kunai.

Most having been the operative word, the shield lack greater strength or total coverage as several slipped through which cut along his shoulder and thighs. Kenji winced as he toughed it out before he and Sakura landed on a branch.

"Are you okay?" Sakura asked, though she continued to face the direction of where the kunai had come from with her own kunai drawn. Kenji took a moment to tip part of his shirt to wrap around his left shoulder to patch up the bleeding before he gave a nod.

"I'll live, though I'll feel better after we beat her first." Kenji said, as he assumed the same "Sagiso" that had set the clone trap was responsible for this and sure enough saw her as Kenji gave a grin.

"Hell of a way to say hello, don't you think?" Kenji asked as Sakura already formed some hand signs to prepare something. What that something was remained to be seen.

Sagiso grimaced; the attack having dealt less damage than she would've liked. Well, she couldn't have expected them to stand there and get hit, so it was within expectations. Her eyes locked onto the duo and she took notice of who did what and judging by what she had seen, the Pink-haired girl was the one who'd cast the genjustu- she'd showed the most shock when Sagiso's clone failed to react to it- and the boy was a lightning release user. A smiled lightly, her Wind Release naturally suppressed Lightning Release, and although it was no Sharingan, the Byakugan wasn't too shabby in its ability to deal with genjutsu. All in all, she was a pretty good counter to both of them; it would appear she'd have some hope of winning the battle after all.

Standing horizontally, still positioned on the tree trunk, Sagiso's fingers flew into a flurry of motion completing hand signs in rapid succession.

"Wind Release: -"

She paused for a moment, filling her lungs to the brim with air, "-Violent Whirlwind!" Her hands flew to her mouth, as if to direct the wind-styled jutsu towards her opponents, though, said opponents would quickly realize the technique was just a faint as nothing happened. Well, rather than say nothing happened, it would be more appropriate to say nothing happened to them. Sagiso, on the other hand, had already fled the scene at top speed. She still wasn't too keen on fighting 2 vs 1, even if she had an advantage in chakra nature and dojutsu. If the duo had made to defend her wind-release or even attempted to dodge, that would've been for the best, as it would put that much more distance between them.

Kilka had been paying no attention to what was happening."What happened?"She asked Taiyo."Was i too late?"She got out a kunai just in case she wasn't too late.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Nope, I got both scrolls, but Zaku betrayed me, and in case you do too," Taiyo said as he slowly pulled out his army knife, "This will go through you too, so don't even think about betraying me Kilka, I trust you, don't make me regret it," There was a angry edge to his voice but it left once he calmed down, he wouldn't hesitate on killing Kilka if she was a traitor.
"So, what's our next plan of attack?" He sounded cheerful now and he put awqy hie murder weapon.

Kenji and Sakura had indeed prepped themselves for the attack to come....only it never did, and soon enough Sagiso disappeared before their eyes. They had the appropriate reaction towards something like this.

"Crap! Come on we can't let her get away." Kenji yelled out before he and Sakura jumped after Sagiso in an effort to keep up; which proved difficult given that she had already some distance on them and had been pretty quick on her feet. Something Kenji had taken note of as he glanced back at Sakura.

"I can catch up with her if I go full speed, but I don't know if you can keep up." Kenji admitted as Sakura had thought over that and quickly formed a plan in her head.

"Don't wait on me, I should be good enough to know where you'll go in general. I'll go around to cut her off, you find and stop her from escaping." Sakura said as she gave Kenji blessing who took a deep breath and began to charge forward. The Kumo-ninj had always been the speedster of his team as he tried to make up some ground while he chased Sagiso. Sakura jumped to the side, with an idea of her own in mind while she allowed and trusted Kenji with the direct confrontation at the moment.
-----------
"Well, that was a waste of time!"

Tomiko, who had encountered a pair of Genin at the smoke field, had been dissapointed when they fled and no one else turned up. In effect, having wasted her time.

However, as Tomiko moved around she heard this odd noise that had gotten her attention. Curiosity peaked as she moved in the direction of the noise before she took note of a cliff, some Genin and a giant snake that seemed to be chasing one of them. Tomiko observed from a tree the scene before her, and soon had dawned an eager grin.

Oh yeah, no chance I am missing out on this!

Tomiko secured her metalic gauntlets before she formed a series of hand-signs and jumped into the air.

"Hey ugly! Eat this, Earth Style Stone Shower Jutsu!" Tomiko called out before she summoned and launched several small by fast moving stones with the intent to pelt the giant snake. As the beast would be destricted by this, Tomiko felt this would give her an opening to deliver a bone-cracking blow right between the eyes of the beast as her right hand formed a fist with the intent to deliver a hard strike.

Katsuo looked to Madoka for a moment, taking in what kind of ninja the girl might be. "She seems pretty solid. Steady moves, cautious nature...in general, a challenge." He understood there wasnt really a way out of this situation without at least one person getting burnt, then, an idea came to mind, maybe not the safest, but an idea nontheless.
"Zaku, ill accompany you, but remember, I wont hesitate to turn our alliance into a game of human target practice. Hand me the scroll, ill hold onto this for insurance." He turned his attention to Madoka, all five water shuriken still primed and ready. "Listen, I have no reason to fight with you, but I understand your position, and I doubt you want a battle with these odds on the first day of the exams, so I suggest you take Zaku's previous offer, accompany us during these exams to hunt scrolls as a more effective unit. Think about it, were all mutli-ranged attackers, with your puppetry ninjutsu and senbon, my clones and water jutsu, and Zaku's all-around air cannon, we have an extremely lethal attack force. On top of that, both of your fighting styles require great chakra control, so I could only assume your already masking your chakra presence from dojutsu users, making us almost invisible at the moment." He finished, hoping his words were enough to persuade the kunoichi. "Trusting her is a coin flip.....ill have to be weary."

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“Now ain’t that cheery? It’s not like you need another scroll afterwards but...catch!”

Zaku tossed the scroll toward Katsuo, and snickered. Out of a tense situation. It cost me a scroll, but thisballownce may turn out to be lucky. Zaku turned to Madoka after hearing Katsuo’s suggestion. Gutsy, I like that. Go big or go home.

“Heh, so what will it be puppet lady? Join the predators, or become the prey?”

"Well i suppose we should track down another heaven scroll for you,and we both need earth scrolls.And i wouldn't worry about that knife,if it goes through anyone,its the enemy."Kilka said,she seemed calm,but she was scared of his threat."After that we can think of a way to keep them,and we'll have to stay close to you.And if you betray me,i won't hesitate to kill."She pulled out three kunai."You won't even know its coming."

Ryo relaxed - a bit more than he should have- when Azumii had pulled out a Heaven Scroll, matching his exactly. Damnit. The thing was, he felt relieved he didn't have to fight this girl, but that potentially could have been an opportunity to snatch an Earth Scroll. Now he would have to worry about finding all new genin who could possibly have the document he required in order to pass.

His kunai lowered slighty, and his grip relaxed. This truly was some of the most mixing emotions that he has ever experienced in such a short time.

"I guess that's that, then. A fight over the same scroll would surely be ridiculous....however," he added, looking to Azumi. "Considering the size of this forest...and the sounds of what seems to be happening around us...it would be pretty idiotic to just wander around alone - right?"

Ryo couldn't believe what he was doing, and it was clear that he wasn't getting to his point quick enough. If he were honest, the cold display that was painted all over this girls face and body language kind of freaked him out. Any other day, he wouldn't be caught talking to such a serious-looking nina from another land, but these times called for security and safe measures. Offering an alliance would 100% be an iffy situation, but from what Ryo could analyze, this girl was just as alone as he was, and they both lacked any reason to attack one another. This was probably his best option.

"I'm sure you dont know much about my family and the jutsu we possess, but what would you say if I proposed a...temporary teaming up, of sorts? We both have the Heaven Scroll, and no need for any fight, so I can promise if we could be on double the look out, I can assure that you and myself could be guaranteed an Earth Scroll - quickly enough to get us pass this stage pretty early."

It probably sounded like an empty promise, but in reality if he had someone to watch his back, he could work his magic in a way sufficiently enough to avoid the troubles of this Forest within a matter of a single day or two.

The snake literally did not know what hit it since it was still blinded from Kai’s attack. After it was shot by a fireball, it was suddenly pelted with a barrage of stones. As soon as Tomiko’s attack connected, the snake crashed into the ground, destroying the surrounding trees in the area with its tail. It hissed as it slowly looked up at Tomiko, silently respecting her power before slithering away to find some other prey.

Kiro took a sign in relief as he sat on a branch overlooking the cliff. The snake was only wounded and it would probably come back looking for them later on. What was more concerning was the fact that the grass ninja was nowhere to be seen. He had to be lurking around somewhere and Kiro knew that it would be only a matter of time before their next encounter. That reminded Kiro...

He looked back towards the area where the other genin were. They still seemed to be distracted by something. It would’ve been the perfect time to ambush one of them and steal an eart scroll if they had one. If only his arm wasn’t consumed with pain. It wasn’t broken, but it would take some time to heal. Time was what Kiro needed right now. He decided to take this time to retreat into the night. He would have to thank Kai another time. With that, Kiro vanished into the forest.

That snake should be out of our hair for now...but as for the grass ninja...where could he...no...IT have gone? In fact, where did Kiro go?

Kai analyzed the situation. The mood was rising in the distance and the trail Kiro had left was apparent. Kai saw the blood trail but decided not to follow. He assumed that Kiro departed for a reason, but he had hoped he had chosen wisely to support the mist ninja at the expense of a significant amount of chakra. And he wasn’t any scrolls closer to winning.

Azumi's expression had remained unchanged for the most part, even as she analyzed the Konoha-nin's words which caused a...a mixture of emotions to drift into her mind.

An alliance, even a temporary one, with a Konoha-nin of all people? Azumi naturally despised the idea on principle and would have rejected then and there had she followed on her impulse. But despite Azumi's feelings which concerned his nation of origin, she was not so vengeful that she would disregard what he said for that reason alone. And as much as Azumi hated to admit it, he did make more than one fair point. They had the same scroll, and as such had no incentive to battle each other. An alliance would certainly better there odds, factored in by if and when Sagiso returned to them. This guy, especially with the implication he came from some sort of family bloodline, might have a Kekkei Genkai or some clan trait that could prove useful. After what must have felt like an eternity towards Ryo, Azumi eventually locked eyes with him.

"You make a...a fair proposal. More than likely many other applicants have already formed alliances for this very reason, so one with us would better our own odds. I'll agree to the terms. With two conditions...." Azumi explained before she lifted up one finger to emphasis her first point.

"We work as a unit. So even if one of us gets an Earth Scroll they must help the other get one as well. This includes another member of our soon to be trio as I believe I've secured an ally who could be of good use for this. If one of us tries to sneak away or make a break for it to the tower, the other has free reigns for retaliation." Azumi explained before she lifted a second finger making a "two" symbol as she explained her second condition.

"Two, on the event that it ends up being the waning hours of Day 3 and there is only one needed scroll available, the alliance will come to an end and it will be every ninja for themselves." Azumi explain, which made it clear she would help Ryo try to get a scroll but in a worst-case scenario would not give up her chance to pass an exam for him. Azumi lowered her hand as she made sure to lock a firm, and honestly intimidating gaze before she added this.

"Are these conditions acceptable?"

-----------
Madoka overheard the offer made by Zaku and Katsuo, and in truth it had not been a hard decision to make. A two on one situation had been far from ideal and in truth an early alliance would be ideal even with the possibility of betrayal. Slowly Madoka relaxed her body language and her puppet backed down a bit though was still ready in the event of an emergency.

"I accept the proposal. Though if I sense either of you are untrue to your word I will be forced to respond in kind. Naturally I hope that turns out not to be the case." Madoka explained as she accepted the offer.

-----------
"Yeah you better run!"

Tomiko had a cheeky grin as the snake hissed at her before it fled, likely due to trying to find a meal that would not strike back though Tomiko was eager to roll with the idea she scared it off. Tomiko glanced at the sky and noted it seemed to have began to get dark.

Day 1 coming to an end huh? No big deal, already got clean water and have a good layout of the terrain. Now I just gotta set up camp and find a meal. Maybe I'll get lucky and bump into another giant snake.

With that Tomiko burrowed underground one more and set off to find an ideal place to camp. Having caught sight of a nice and empty cave earlier, Tomiko figured that was as good a place as any and set off for there.

Noticing that she had been pursued Sagiso sneered, she paused briefly on a branch, her hands burying themselves in her shuriken pouch. She pushed off from her perch, adding rotation to her body. Her figured contorted into a swirling tornado as her voice echoed throughout the forest, "Nadeshiko Style: Deep Crimson Dance Performance | Second Step!"

The rotating vortex that Sagiso had become ejected Shuriken and Kunai towards her pursues, although not particularly accurate the attack covered a surprisingly wide range. The shuriken that didn't fly towards Kenji nailed themselves into the surrounding trees and shrubbery, though, if he was paying attention he'd probably notice that quite a few of them were laced with paper-bombs. 'Ah, it won't be that easy to catch me~"

As the shurikenjutsu ended Sagiso continued fleeing, but at a noticeably slower rate. She appeared exhausted, which wasn't far from the truth but it certainly wouldn't hinder her fighting capabilities. After all, she'd only been throwing kunai and running around. She hadn't expended much of her chakra and was still running on basically a full tank. The real reason she'd slowed was that she was rather close to Azumi's location, and continuing at full speed would be an utter waste of stamina.

Katsuo grinned at Madoka's words. "Fair, expect the same from me, should you make any hasty decisions" His water shuriken dissipated as he stretched out his neck, looking at the condition of his new comrades. "Well, im Katsuo, nice to make your acquaintances." He gave a small nod to the two, trying the ease the tension between the weary bunch. "This is good, we have a team, now we need a discrete location recover our energy over the night. Any ideas?" He questioned, his words getting quieter towards the end of his sentence, less there be a sensory type ninja out there listening in, he wanted to keep this conversation as confidential as possible.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo smiled, now he knew that Kilka wasn't going to betray him, he could trust her.
"I already got both scrolls, lets find you some, also, I appreciate the threat, now I know I can trust you," The Zaku incident gave the Leaf-nin trust issues, so it was refreshing to know no one else would betray him.
"By the way, what jutsu can you perform?"

A three man cell eh? Powerful enough not to be messed with and invincible to any lone genin. This DID turn out to my favor after all. Upon the safe area question, Zaku snickered.

“Heh, I got an idea, stand back.”

He walked up to a tree, and put his hands on it’s trunk. Then, he released a blast of air, blowing a hole right into it. He stopped after a second, showing the hollowed out space of the giant tree to his comrades.

“What about that?” He offered a sly smirk

"I know some water style,and i'm good with kunai and shuriken.I can also manage some pretty basic jutsu as long as its not taijutsu."She answered as she put her kunai back."Why?"

Kenji had been seen as not the most observant individual by his own teammates, but even Kenji knew to pay attention in serious situations and had taken note of the paper bombs that were attached to the shuriken as they impaled themselves on the trees around him.

Shit!

Explosions triggered around him as Kenji performed a substitution jutsu to move out of that immediate area. This worked, and resulted in Kenji being able to escape the blast area but as a consequence it moved him to the side and allowed the girl to gain distance on him again as he cursed.

Okay, this girl is getting on my nerves.

With that, Kenji charged forward once more as he moved at double the speed he had previously which showed how quick he was on said feet in an effort to try and gain back some of the lost ground that the girl's efforts to separate herself from him. Naturally unaware of what her true intent had been.
----------

Azumi's focus on the new partnership as she waited for this Konoha-nin to agree to her terms had been shattered when she heard the sounds of explosions not too distant from her location. Azumi glanced over as once more she had placed her hand on her umbrella's handle as she glanced over to the sound of the noise.

"Seems we're about to have company. I suggest you prepare yourself. Just to be safe." Azumi advised towards the Konoha-nin as she waited for whoever was to come, though as she squinted she swore that the figure who approached them from the distance seemed familiar.

Sagiso?

Unknown to either of them, on a distant tree Sakura had managed to secure and keep her presence hidden as she took advantage of Sagiso's slight delay due to Kenji's pursuit and used a short cut to get in front of her, but to her surprise a pair of Genin were on a tree as Sakura had done her best to keep herself out of sight and an eye on them while she waited for Sagiso and Kenji to arrive.

More Genin here? If they are not with this girl, then it will be a chaotic battle royal. If they are with her, Kenji and I could be in trouble. Come on Haruno think, there is a way to overcome this.

----------
Madoka heard of one of the Genin, Katsuo, give his own introduction before he asked of where a good location would be to regain strength and rest for the night. Madoka thought over that question before she replied.

"Well, we could either sleep up in the trees or set up camp in a cave. The trees might make it harder for anyone to discover us in the night, but a cave would allow for better rest. Also my name is Madoka." Madoka said as she voiced her opinion on the matter and had given her own introduction. Then she saw Zaku as he made his own solution and blew up to generate a large tree trunk.

"Or, we can use that."

----------
Tomiko soon enough arrived at the entrance of a cave, and after a quick inspection confirmed no one was there as she began to set up camp for the night. Gathering some sticks and leaves as she formed the set-up for the camp fire before she had set off to find a meal. And out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of a sizable wild boar. Tomiko grinned as she draw a kunai.

Looks like it's bacon tonight!

"But its getting dark,so we should sleep for tonight."Kilka said as she began to arrange leaves and lay down.She curled up."Goodnight,i'm going to sleep.Wake me up when its morning."She let out a loud yawn and tucked her scroll under a pile of leaves.She dosed off to sleep.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu has spent most of the first day in the Forest of Death isolated. He only ran into one other person, who he made quick work of. They looked slow and clumsy, an easy target. A single feather dart into their temple took them out of the game. Sadly, they also had an earth scroll. So now he had two earth scrolls, and zero heaven scrolls.

The tree Yasu was standing in was rather tall, one of the tallest he could see in the forest. He had a good view of the area, and there wasn't any way for someone to sneak up on him. He could finally relax after being tense the past 18 or so hours. He sprawled himself out on a branch, laying his scroll and other items next to him. The branch was long enough and wide enough to fit him comfortably without any problems.

Let's see if I can get at least a little bit of sleep. Might put me ahead of some others who can't.

Ryo nodded after giving thought to the conditions that Azumi laid before him for the temporary partnership. They were all fair points that he couldn't, and wasn't in the position to, argue against.

"Agreed. The only way out of here is to act as a unit, as you said. My name is Ryo Yama-"

However, in the midst of introducing himself, an explosion was sounded in the distance, and Azumi had warned Ryo about the potential company of others in their little perch. Ryo became nervous, gripping his kunai tightly once more as he looked out in the same direction, seeing a feminine figure honing in on them. Ryo crouched to his knee, careful to not be too exposed. Whoever they were, they seemed to be running from something...someone. That hinted that she was not alone.

Ryo kept his eyes peeled and weapon ready for any use. The next few moments could be dangerous depending on the situation, and he had to be ready.

“Intresting...this batch seems to have got some bite to them.”

Kakashi watched the different genin atop the tower, where the scrolls were going to be deposited. It was 5:00 Am, roughly an hour before sunrise. No scrolls were brought in yet, which wasn’t surprising this early. The exam at this moment, is a third of the way over.

“Who’ll be the first one here? This should be a sight to see.”

Kiro stretched his arms out as he finally woke up. He was a bit hesitant at first to get some rest, considering the dangers of the forest, but he doubted the other genin would be out extremely late unless they were extremely confident that they would be able to snatch a scroll away from another. Even Kiro, as confident as he was, didn't feel up to the task of engaging someone during the late night hours. That was mainly due to his arm. It felt a bit better now but it was still a bit sore. Kiro opened and closed the palm of his hand to test it. It seemed capable of at least performing hand signs. After that, he did some basic stretches with the arm and found that it wasn't as bad as he previously thought. That was a good thing because he planned to make his move now. It was still early morning and Kiro suspected that there might be a few others out there lurking for some napping prey. Kiro would rather be the predator. Then his stomach growled...

It seemed as if destiny wanted to bring him out into the open. However, one thing he was grateful for was the fishing skills he learnt in the Mist. Being in a village surrounded by water made it so fishing was a key practice that done in the village. Thankfully Kiro took his time to learn it. He wouldn't say he was a master, but he was quite good at it. Unfortunately, there was no fishing rod this time. Luckily, the moonlight was still bright enough for him see through the water of the river. Few fish passed by and Kiro had to wait for the right moment to grab them. By the time he was done, he had only managed to catch three. They were only decent size but they should do. More so, he wondered what the fish tasted like in the leaf.

Before Kiro started a campfire, he placed traps all around the clearing. They ranged from explosive seals, wire traps, and even a capture net Kiro had taken his time to hide under some leaves. After starting the fire, Kiro rested the three fish he had on sticks over the fire using a construct he had made. As it cooked for a few minutes, Kiro started to smell it's aroma. It was good, almost too good. That's when Kiro realized the mistake he had made. The smell of the fish might lure some of the other genin to him. Thankfully he had placed some traps. But still, what if it was one of the groups that had formed decided they were hungry? He only had three fish and one of them was for him!

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu awoke to the dim light of the early morning. It was barely lighter than it had been when he decided to doze off, but it was a noticeable difference. Taking a couple minutes to check for all of his items, ninja tools, his headband, and of course his two Earth scrolls. After making sure he had everything, Yasu swiftly made his way down the tree and back to the forest floor.

When he could feel the leaves under his shoes he began to make his way north, hoping to find easy targets with a Heaven scroll. However, almost as soon as he began he could smell something. A savory aroma, like someone was cooking something. What exactly it was, he couldn't tell.

If someone is just cooking out in the open like that they're either a dumbass, or it's a trap. Not a risk I wanna take, I'll go a different direction from here on out.

After deciding his next move, Yasu changed directions and began the trek to the south side of the Forest.

“...hm...”

Kai awoke, nestled in a cave hidden behind a waterfall. He had drifted off after thinking of the battle he had fought over the other day. Today...i NEED a scroll. I can not afford any distractions from my goal like the snake battle yesterday. Kai meditated for a moment before opening his eyes and putting on his mask.

Droplets came from the waterfall and came to his fingertips, becoming three ice needles. He waited for a few seconds before he heard a splash. He then threw the ice needles, one missed and the other hit the target that came up to shadow over the waterfall. The two ice needles pierced the side of the fish as it was pinned to a nearby tree. Kai Bender’s the water from the waterfall to form a small thin tendril of water. It crystalized around the fish and yanked it back into the cave like a rope. Kai analyzed it, one needle missing it’s mark. Imperfection...how disappointing

Sagiso glanced over her shoulder staring icily at the figure chasing her, 'He sure is persistent...' Even a cornered animal will lash out at its pursuer much less a human, and Sagiso was no cornered animal, the wounds she inflicted would be much deeper. She noted that only one member of the duo was still pursuing her, which meant the other was likely lying in ambush. The thought of using her Byakugan to find the pink-haired kunoichi crossed her mind but she immediately dismissed it. She would deal with her most immediate pursuer and leave the pink haired one to Azumi. But first...

"Wind Release- "

Her rapidly forming hand seals pushed her chakra throughout her body as Sagiso launched her assault. The winds parted around her forming a thin jet-stream and her speed exploded, a burst of wind -reminisce of a sonic boom- rippled around her. She swiftly eliminated the distance between herself and Ryo's tree. Her head snapped upwards, gauging the distance between herself and her target, and her hands came together in a Bird Hand sign- completing her technique. "Flickering Wind Shadow!!"

She activated her Byakugan, her eyes a promise of death, and her figure vanished. The ground where she'd stood indented slightly as a horrendously oppressive gale ripped through the tree bark, carving its way towards its target. But Sagiso was even faster than the gale, while it was still shredding through branch and bark alike, she'd already appeared behind Ryo. Though...maybe a bit too far behind him. She'd overshot her attack and the fatal blow she'd meant to deal would surely fall short of its target. Nevertheless, she still acted, her chakra infused legs descending with the howling of a wind devil. Although she was a bit too far to hit Ryo, she would still be capable of obliterating the branch he was standing on, and the shockwaves from the cyclonic wind might send him flying. 'Maybe... he'll impale himself on a sharp branch during his fall...' It was an unlikely outcome- wishful thinking, but hey? A girl could dream, couldn't she?

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
The time was 5:00 in the morning and guess how many hours of sleep Taiyo Akugami got? Zero. He was too busy making sure that Kilka and himself didn't get ambushed.
"KILKA, WAKE UP! I AM TIRED OF WATCHING YOU SLEEP!" He held the sleeping girl upright and shook her with violent force. His eyes were bloodshot, his senses were dulled, and his judgement was clouded, the perfect time for an opponent to strike. The fact that he was shouting certainly didn't help the two genin stay hidden in the forest. I am actually about to drag her to the gate if she doesn't get up soon or I might use her as a meatshield, or even better, a weapon, either way, she better wake up soon if she values not being in pain.

"I'm up!I'm up!No reason to yell."She said as she got up.She was still half-asleep but she was awake."So,i'm up now,that was painful,you didn't need to shake me."Kilka stretched a little,looking closely at the landscape for anything that could serve as food.I hope no one comes after our scrolls,or that they leave food if they do,she thought to herself.

Zaku awoke, in the tree trunk alcove that he had made the other day. They were still alive so that must have meant that they hadn’t been found. Madoka was most likely still keeping watch, so he had no need to try and find her. He lightly tapped Katsuo to wake him up.

“Hey, you. Rise and shine.”

He took out one of his pre made food packets, a San witch with a sound note on the middle of the bread. He took a bite of it and tossed a rice ball toward Katsuo and looked down on his waking friend.

Kiro had only been traversing the trees for a short time when he heard a rather loud shout somewhere near his location. Kiro didn’t hesitate on his decision to see what the fuss about. In a few short hops, Kiro hid himself in the leaves of a tall, leafy tree, overlooking Kilka and Taiyo. ‘How does this village allow such idiots to graduate the academy?’ If they had been apart of Kiro’s final exam, they would’ve been dead. Kiro just shook his head in disgust as he thought of a way to pull off a sneak attack.

It was a good thing Kiro saved one of the fish. How ironic was it that the fish would serve to be bait for his plan. The two genin, especially the female, looked like they were looking for something. If Kiro were to guess, he would figure it too be food. And what better food would there be in the forest than freshly roasted fish. However, Kiro also had to add a bit of his own speciality. It would be an explosive meal indeed. After he placed a tag on one side of the fish, he flipped it over to show the clear side. It looked like a normally cooked fish from that side.

Kiro activated his sharingan and looked down at the two. He waited until they were not looking in his direction to drop the fish. He had to drop it perfectly, so the fish would land face up, covering the other side. With a deep breath and a concentrated glare at the fish, Kiro dropped it.

As soon as the fish landed, Kiro made sure it was facing the right way. Luckily it was or Kiro would’ve probably had to engage them head on. Immediately after, Kiro left the location he was hiding in and took a different position. That way if they somehow figured where the fish fell from, Kiro wouldn’t be there. Now Kiro just waited to see if they would take the bait.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo smiled at Kilka and started looking for food in a seperate direction. But then he noticed a fish that fell down near a tree, and he knew very well that fish don't grow on trees, he considered that someone might have dropped a fish from the tree. He looked uo and sure enough, he noticed a figure, it really could have been anything, like a large bird, but it seemed unlikely that a bird would drop a fish, That shadow,it seems odd, could be a potential enemy, though I am pretty tired, I must be imagining things, The genin ignored the fish, but he thought that he should warn his teammate of his sucspicion.
"Kilka, be on your guard, I don't think we're alone. A fish fell from this tree," He pointed at the tree that the fish was near, "And we all know fish don't come from trees," For some reason, besides feeling grumpy, he actually was more aware when he was half than he was alseep. He knew that he might need to atay up late at night and as such, trained himself for it, now, whenever he was half awake, he was irritable and uncooperative instead of happy and somewhat stupid.

Last edited:
To say a lot had transpired within no amount of time would have been a criminal, criminal understatement. One second Azumi had glanced over at Sagiso when suddenly Sagiso became the aggressor and launched an unexpected and devastating attack towards herself and Ryo. Actually that in itself was a false claim, Sagiso did not strike against her but rather focused her attention Ryo and it had taken her half a second to process why that had been the case.

Shit! Sagiso doesn't know he's on our side, he never met this guy till now.

Unfortunately, given the sheer speed of Sagiso's sudden attack that half second realization had been too slow for her to stop her ally from making the move against Ryo. The bark of the tree they stood on seemed to crack clean in two, though Ryo's branch had been the focus as the splinters of it flew in all directions around them. In this period where time seemed to slow to a crawl, all Azumi managed to get out was a simple word which seemed to sum up the shock, alarm and confusion this sudden arrival had caused.

"Sagiso!?"

-----------
The shock and confusion had not been extended to just Azumi, as both Kenji who had been in pursuit of Sagiso as well as Sakura who had observed from a hidden location in a nearby tree as Sagiso had seemingly attacked another pair of Genin. This seemed to clash with Sakura's mental idea that the two were allies of Sagiso as Kenji landed on a distant tree to observe the sudden fight that broke out before them. Kenji was stunned for a moment, not that he or Sakura had any knowledge of Azumi & Sagiso's alliance, before he decided to act upon this.

Kenji pulled out a pair of kunai and quickly wrapped around some metal wire around them with an idea in mind, and as he did this Sakura independently decided to avoid pacifist role, as she aimed to also take advantage of Sagiso's attack & the fact her ally was in another tree and performed a series of hand signs from her hidden location while she eyed the tree that Azumi, Sagiso and Ryo were close to as she spoke the words of her Genjutsu with but a whisper as she began to set up her plan.

"Forest Fright, Nightmare of Nature."
-----------
Madoka awoke early, as it seemed she was not the first of her newfound party to do so, and scanned the immediate area thankful that no one had tried to attack them during the night. Though given it had been the early morning, she had no way to guarantee that would remain that way for long.

Madoka walked over to Zaku as he tried to wake up Katsuo as she waited for their third member to awaken before she'd discuss their plan of attack.

-----------
"Ah, a new day and a new chance to see what this forest has to offer."

Tomiko had woken up rather refreshed, and early as she had grown rather comfortable around a place that had literally been called "The Forest of Death" as she used a make-shift metal pan for bent to shape using one of her extra metal canteens to cook some eggs she found in a bird's nest for some breakfast. One might have considered cooking breakfast to be an odd decision in a ninja exam, but Tomiko hoped this would attract somebody who'd mistake her as distracted and vulnerable and as Tomiko told herself...

Can't be at your best on an empty stomach!

Katsuo's body straightened out and became rigid as he awoke, stretching his cramped figure out with a loud yawn, his eyes half-lidded but becoming more alert. "Mornin'" He said in a rather casual tone, pulling himself to his feet, catching the rice ball Zaku tossed without much hesitation. The young ninja stared down the rice ball for a moment before giving it a quick smell. "Seems safe, and no one tried anything through the night, both my scrolls are still secure....think I can trust these two for now." He'd finally seen enough from Zaku and Madoka and felt more at ease around the two than initially. He took a large bite from the rice ball, looking back up at his teammates. "So...we need two scrolls....whats the game plan?" He asked between large bites, finishing the rice ball by the end of his question.

“Mornin’ sunshine.”

Zaku smirked as he saw Katsuo bite down on the riceball he threw his way. Once he saw Madoka come in, and Katsuo pop the question of the task at hand. Zaku pondered for a moment before snickering.

“Pick off any pesky weakling that we see, simple as that. I managed to collect a scroll the first day for this group, so now that we are working as a trio, it should be too hard. What do you think, Puppet princess?”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Making his way south from the spot he spent the night, Yasu was on the lookout for any other shinobi. He still needed a Heaven scroll, and in order to get one he had to take someone out. Best case scenario, he found someone with two heaven scrolls and they could trade their extras. He knew it was wishful thinking, but he still hoped an easy resolution could be found.

Yasu took a break, resting in the tree branch he had just leapt onto. He put up his index fingers, attempting to locate somebody. Yasu could sense where objects and people were with the wind, meaning he could fight in darkness. Obviously not as well as say, someone with the Byakugan, but he still could. Slowly but surely, he made out his surroundings with the wind. Just when he was about to give up searching and keep moving, he located three bodies. Based on their proximity to each other, and the fact they weren't moving much, he assumed they were a team of sorts. They were in a kind of enclosure of trees, half a mile to the southwest. Well I guess I know where I'm headed then...

Upon reaching an area 50 meters away from the three, Yasu prepared himself for a confrontation. He was confident, but not cocky. He would make sure to take all precautions possible. He removed roughly 50 pitch black feathers from the pouch at his waist. He hardened all of them at once and tossed them into the air, keeping them hovering with the wind. He scattered the feathers around the trees, making sure to position them to cut off exit routes and areas he could be flanked from. Taking a deep breath he drew the short blade on his back and leaped to the alcove, landing just outside.

Last edited:

As he posed the question to Madoka, he heard something. Almost like a gravel type sound. Zaku had to focus for a second. He closed his eyes. He could hear the dust that was kicked up in the wind. He dust particles he could hear sanding landing on the tree trunk. If that’s the case...that could only mean one thing.

“Someone’s here.” He warned the two quietly. “Somewhere nearby. Be on your toes, and don’t do anything stupid.”

Zaku our away the rest of his food and quickly got his hands up, scanning the area around the opening of the trunk’s bark. He didn’t know where this ninja was, all he could tell was that the dust was fresh and that something wasn’t right.

"Ok."She grabbed some kunai and got ready to throw them."We know your there!Come down if your not the enemy and if you are,we'd still prefer if you came down!"She started to prepare herself for a fight.This will be fun,she thought,first fight of the exam,at least for me.

Kiro stumbled out of the tree, doing his best to act like an idiot. He stood straight up after he had fallen off the tree. “I-I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean t-to scare you guys like that!” Kiro stuttered, trying his best to keep up the impression. “I-I was just trying to eat this fish and it fell out of my hands. Please don’t hurt me! You-you can have this fish. It’s well cooked.” Kiro offered them as he picked up the fish. He looked at both of their eyes with a regretful look, hoping they could understand.

Madoka had been prepared to answer Zaku' s question when she overheard Zaku's following comment that seemed to concern the fact that somebody was here. Madoka's senses were on high alert as she tugged on her tied up "object" she kept on her back as she did not want to reveal Raven just yet to the enemy, as they already had been exposed and were being observed from a distance as Madoka tried to scan the immediate area around them to pick out this newcomer.

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

-----------
Tomiko had burrowed herself underground and traveled through it, as she again relied on her capacity to sense vibrations of those who walked along the ground to keep a figurative eye on possible competition. After all, while the forest had been fun to explore even through underground tunnels she needed to find a Heaven Scroll.

And good fortune seemed to shine for her, as she felt the presence of what seemed to be multiple people over in the distance above ground. Though she had no way to confirm this as her vibration sensory system had not been the most efficient method for details like this. So Tomiko would borrow a tiny hole and peek her head through to observe what she found. And what she saw seemed to be a trio of Genin who seemed to be camping within a hollowed out tree.

An, inventive place to sleep I suppose...

However, for the brief moment Tomiko observed from her hole, one thing she noted was that...one of the trio seemed familiar. Tomiko had no way to tell from this distance but she felt something about the girl...least she presumed a girl among them. As if she had seen her before. But Tomiko put that though on hold as she hid herself underground and decided to wait for them to come out further so she'd get a chance to better examine them before she decided on what move to make. Much as the impulsive side of her had been eager to just barge in and make a challenge; she showed some self restraint in this instance given they were a group and she was alone.

Alright, if I'm lucky I'll be on my way to the tower before lunch...